OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:
Lopez has been in for a few workouts already, and told me he was immediately very impressed w/how good Brandon Ingram is.

Quote:
The coaches and his teammates are the best judges of this, and they’ve all been raving about how Ingram’s looked in the gym.

I mean this is exactly what the rhetoric was this time last year too, after the first summer league practice. Excited to see some improvement though!

I see him as a several-years long project still. Not sure if he's going to make the big leap everyone wants him to do this season... Think it is likelier to happen season 3 or 4

If Magic is calling him untouchable and KD himself says watching Ingram "is like looking in the mirror", the kid must kill it in practice. I'm thinking year three is when we'll see these qualities consistently in games.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Yep, BI is going to break out this season. He couldn't buy a bucket for the first half of the season. Nor could he get a foul call going to the basket and it made him hesitant. By the end of the season he was dunking on fools every game and consistently scoring double figures on 50% shooting. If he can get to 35% from 3 this season, look out.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I think people are getting on the hype trains a little early.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
I think people are getting on the hype trains a little early.

Lol, getting on? The train is already going 180mph downhill, if you didn't get on already, you're out of luck!

I'd be happy with 13pts/7rebs/3asts/1blk/1stl and 45% from the field, 35% from 3, and 70% FT with good defense next season.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Ingram said today he has a totally different mentality. He wants to get back to being a defensive stopper, and is disappointed in his season last year. Knows he can be better.

I hope this isn't just lip service.

The defense or whatever they are doing they are calling defense needs to change. It has been just terrible for several years now.

Calling out not just the players, but the coaches....it isn't that complicated really is it?

I'll take great offense and worry about the defense later. We have neither at this point and defense is easier find in the way of role players.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Yep, BI is going to break out this season. He couldn't buy a bucket for the first half of the season. Nor could he get a foul call going to the basket and it made him hesitant. By the end of the season he was dunking on fools every game and consistently scoring double figures on 50% shooting. If he can get to 35% from 3 this season, look out.

Lonzo is going to get BI so many easy looks without him having to go one on one and working hard to score while he builds his frame.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Lonzo is going to get BI so many easy looks without him having to go one on one and working hard to score while he builds his frame.

I can't wait to see his new shooting stroke.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Ingram's problem is missing open shots so it will be more dependent on him improving than Lonzo's effect.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:
Lopez has been in for a few workouts already, and told me he was immediately very impressed w/how good Brandon Ingram is.

Quote:
The coaches and his teammates are the best judges of this, and they’ve all been raving about how Ingram’s looked in the gym.

I mean this is exactly what the rhetoric was this time last year too, after the first summer league practice. Excited to see some improvement though!

I see him as a several-years long project still. Not sure if he's going to make the big leap everyone wants him to do this season... Think it is likelier to happen season 3 or 4

If Magic is calling him untouchable and KD himself says watching Ingram "is like looking in the mirrors or", the kid must kill it in practice. I'm thinking year three is when we'll see these qualities consistently in games.

Year 3 is when I expect him to have a breakout season as well, and maybe win Most Improved in year 4 like Giannis. I do expect to see his numbers improve across the board this season, probably something similar to what he averaged in march last season

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Ingram's problem is missing open shots so it will be more dependent on him improving than Lonzo's effect.

Ingram's outside shooting definitely needs to improve, but Lonzo is going to help him in transition and find him when he cuts off-ball for some nice dunks/layups.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

It's a blend of both.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Ingram's outside shooting definitely needs to improve, but Lonzo is going to help him in transition and find him when he cuts off-ball for some nice dunks/layups.

Ingram's shooting has to improve big time if we are going to even win 30 games. Shooting under 30% from 3 isn't going to cut it, so hopefully this year he's at 33-34%. Also, he's got to convert from the FT line as that mark is poor too. He's young, but he has a lot of work to do from a skills department.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Ingram's shooting has to improve big time if we are going to even win 30 games. Shooting under 30% from 3 isn't going to cut it, so hopefully this year he's at 33-34%. Also, he's got to convert from the FT line as that mark is poor too. He's young, but he has a lot of work to do from a skills department.

Yea I mean obviously his shooting needs to get better, every other post in his thread is about his shooting. I don't think "he has a lot of work to do from a skills department" is all that accurate. He clearly showed great footwork from the high post. Haven't seen too many rooks become that effective from midrange.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Yea I mean obviously his shooting needs to get better, every other post in his thread is about his shooting. I don't think "he has a lot of work to do from a skills department" is all that accurate. He clearly showed great footwork from the high post. Haven't seen too many rooks become that effective from midrange.

Disagree. FT/3s/shooting form/etc. are skill related. Right now we are banking on his elite measurements more so than elite skill level. I think has a high work ethic so he can reach his ceiling, whatever that is.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:

Quote:

If Magic is calling him untouchable and KD himself says watching Ingram "is like looking in the mirrors or", the kid must kill it in practice. I'm thinking year three is when we'll see these qualities consistently in games.

Year 3 is when I expect him to have a breakout season as well, and maybe win Most Improved in year 4 like Giannis. I do expect to see his numbers improve across the board this season, probably something similar to what he averaged in march last season

Hoping for a more efficient and aggressive Ingram this year and I'll be happy, quite honestly. Doesn't need to look like a star just yet.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Practice wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:

Disagree. FT/3s/shooting form/etc. are skill related. Right now we are banking on his elite measurements more so than elite skill level. I think has a high work ethic so he can reach his ceiling, whatever that is.

Maybe some people are banking on his elite measurements. It certainly does factor into his projected ceiling. My point is "he has a lot to work on from a skills standpoint is an overstatement. One of the reasons for many who are optimistic about his future is the fact that he exhibits skill in other facets outside of shooting. We can agree to disagree though.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I really, REALLY hope this kid is worth it.

It'd be nice to have PG-13 right now in the middle of the NBA Free Agent Arms Race, and it sounds like he'd be here already if we had given up Ingram.

I would love it if Ingram is a 17 and 6, defensive monster next year.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

It'd be nice to have PG-13 right now in the middle of the NBA Free Agent Arms Race, and it sounds like he'd be here already if we had given up Ingram.

We will have BI and PG13 in 2018 so don't worry;)
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

giving up ingram for paul George would be just about the dumbest thing we could have possibly done.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

I love this interview with BI, reminds me a lot of lonzo in how their answers are brief, focused, and just give you the idea that the only thing on their minds is basketball and improving themselves.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:

Quote:

Hoping for a more efficient and aggressive Ingram this year and I'll be happy, quite honestly. Doesn't need to look like a star just yet.

No doubt, I mean the kid is barely 1 month older than Lonzo and younger than a lot of kids in this year's draft. Judging his skill level based on last seasons' struggles could lead to a distorted view of his actual basketball capabilities

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see his defense improve also .. With all that length, he wasn't disruptive as I thought he would be.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

To me, that is very realistic for him. He needs to be more assertive of course on offense to do it, but that is exactly what we need from him.

He shows some really interesting signs defensively. Sure some guys can bully him with bulk but he can do a lot of things with closeouts and such that are impressive at his size.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

If he can get us 14/6/3 and 34% from 3s and 1 spg/bpg that would be great.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

To me, that is very realistic for him. He needs to be more assertive of course on offense to do it, but that is exactly what we need from him.

He shows some really interesting signs defensively. Sure some guys can bully him with bulk but he can do a lot of things with closeouts and such that are impressive at his size.

A player in his Age 20 season has scored 17ppg+ 28 times throughout NBA history, and not once did they score less than 10ppg in their rookie season, but there's a first time for everything, I suppose. Buckets are gonna have to come from somewhere this year.

Yeah in hindsight maybe an average of 17 ppg is high.

That means average, so lots of games have to be 20+ which may be pushing it.

How about 15 pts, 6 boards, 3 assists on 38% 3PG, 48% 2PG, 79%+ FT?

With more effective, consistent defense of course. This guy should and will be bothering guys he is guarding this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 522, 523, 524 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 523 of 1885
Jump to: