OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick

I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis

DLo was our starting PG for the past three years and we were no where near being frightening. But once you replaced Dlo with a PG whos competent, the Lakers became very, very frightening. I cant wait for pre-season to see Ball, Ingram and Kuz running the break and see how teams decide to pick their poison to defend that.

I love me some Lonzo, but this is where it gets comical. We're 2-2 with him playing in the Summer League. They were 3-2 last year and 3-1 with Russell playing.

The Lakers are not "very, very frightening" nor are teams worried about picking between the "poisons" of Ingram & Kuzma. Good grief.

Nah, I'm sure teams are game planning Ingram & Kuzma on the wings like they're Durant & Thompson. Very, very frightening ...me, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, figaro magnifico

Thunderbolts & Lightning...

Will y'all let it go? Bismillah! NO! y'all won't let it go.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh mamma mia
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

DLo was our starting PG for the past three years and we were no where near being frightening. But once you replaced Dlo with a PG whos competent, the Lakers became very, very frightening. I cant wait for pre-season to see Ball, Ingram and Kuz running the break and see how teams decide to pick their poison to defend that.

I love me some Lonzo, but this is where it gets comical. We're 2-2 with him playing in the Summer League. They were 3-2 last year and 3-1 with Russell playing.

The Lakers are not "very, very frightening" nor are teams worried about picking between the "poisons" of Ingram & Kuzma. Good grief.

Nah, I'm sure teams are game planning Ingram & Kuzma on the wings like they're Durant & Thompson. Very, very frightening ...me, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, figaro magnifico

Mambaaaaaa, oooooooooohhhhh.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I hope Ingram can take a positive step defensively this season. We have seen a glimpse of how Lonzo can dictate on offense. What we will need is for guys to improve defensively to really maximize what we have.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

They should reactivate Brandon for the final to bring home this SL title for us.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
They should reactivate Brandon for the final to bring home this SL title for us.

Agreed!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Cheat code: Enabled.

Punch it, Pelinka!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

Big praise for Ingram:

Quote:
2. Who was the best veteran you saw at summer league?

MacMahon: Brandon Ingram looked like a No. 2 overall pick entering his second season is supposed to look against summer league competition, but he played only one game.

As a result, I'll go with Troy Williams, who lit it up for the Houston Rockets after splitting his rookie season between Houston and the Memphis Grizzlies. Williams is a wing with NBA athleticism, and he showed scoring ability (22.0 ppg) that was a bit surprising.

Herring: Golden State's Patrick McCaw. We get so used to players like McCaw simply fitting in and keeping things rolling when he comes in for or plays alongside a roster full of All-Stars. But it's pretty eye-opening to see him dominate rookies and other young guys when given the chance to lead instead.

Tedesco: Brandon Ingram's 31 minutes. Ingram earned the annual "he's too good for summer league" title in about two quarters, which is huge for the Lakers after he was pretty meh as a rookie. The way he forcefully used his size with confidence really stood out. Don't forget that Ingram is younger than Josh Jackson and Lauri Markkanen and hardly older than Lonzo Ball, De'Aaron Fox and Jonathan Isaac. He still has star potential.

Pelton: It's impressive that the Lakers won the NBA Summer League title with the best player on their roster playing only the first game. Ingram came out, showed growth from his rookie season in terms of strength and the ability to generate makeable shot attempts, and then was shut down for the duration after he cramped up at the end of regulation.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20091845/top-rookies-surprises-disappointments-2017-nba-summer-league
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Mambaaaaaa, oooooooooohhhhh.

BeLonzoBall has a Kuzma put aside for me, for me, for me
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Big praise for Ingram:

Quote:

MacMahon: Brandon Ingram looked like a No. 2 overall pick entering his second season is supposed to look against summer league competition, but he played only one game.

As a result, I'll go with Troy Williams, who lit it up for the Houston Rockets after splitting his rookie season between Houston and the Memphis Grizzlies. Williams is a wing with NBA athleticism, and he showed scoring ability (22.0 ppg) that was a bit surprising.

Herring: Golden State's Patrick McCaw. We get so used to players like McCaw simply fitting in and keeping things rolling when he comes in for or plays alongside a roster full of All-Stars. But it's pretty eye-opening to see him dominate rookies and other young guys when given the chance to lead instead.

Tedesco: Brandon Ingram's 31 minutes. Ingram earned the annual "he's too good for summer league" title in about two quarters, which is huge for the Lakers after he was pretty meh as a rookie. The way he forcefully used his size with confidence really stood out. Don't forget that Ingram is younger than Josh Jackson and Lauri Markkanen and hardly older than Lonzo Ball, De'Aaron Fox and Jonathan Isaac. He still has star potential.

Pelton: It's impressive that the Lakers won the NBA Summer League title with the best player on their roster playing only the first game. Ingram came out, showed growth from his rookie season in terms of strength and the ability to generate makeable shot attempts, and then was shut down for the duration after he cramped up at the end of regulation.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20091845/top-rookies-surprises-disappointments-2017-nba-summer-league

Sic!
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

DNP - too good for summer league

The untouchable one! Keep working keep grinding BI!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Big praise for Ingram:

Quote:

Love Pelton's comment. Pretty much what a lot of us have been saying here all along

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

This thread really made it's way to the middle of the second page? That's a big nope
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
This thread really made it's way to the middle of the second page? That's a big nope

Quiet Ingram wouldn't have it any other way.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Pretty much Yin.. Goin forward I think his humility and Balls will be great for team chemistry. Neither of them feel the need to beat their chest and proclaim who's team it is. Or care about who's getting the most press coverage.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Pretty much Yin.. Goin forward I think his humility and Balls will be great for team chemistry. Neither of them feel the need to beat their chest and proclaim who's team it is. Or care about who's getting the most press coverage.

To be as talented as they are, and to come from stable, parent led supportive backgrounds, bodes well for our franchise that will be led by, not only great players, but great young men.

Add Karma Kuzma & high character guys like Hart, Bryant, and a shout out to Pope and his family, and we've got a talented roster with character. Phenomenal and astute moves combined with a little luck (Pope) and its looking real nice going forward.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

To be as talented as they are, and to come from stable, parent led supportive backgrounds, bodes well for our franchise that will be led by, not only great players, but great young men.

Add Karma Kuzma & high character guys like Hart, Bryant, and a shout out to Pope and his family, and we've got a talented roster with character. Phenomenal and astute moves combined with a little luck (Pope) and its looking real nice going forward.

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I expect him to lead us in scoring, be out there and be the man. It’s his team,” Johnson said of Ingram. “It would be disappointing if he didn’t score up toward 20 points a game.”

Excuse me?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

BeLonzoBall has a Kuzma put aside for me, for me, for me

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Quote:
I expect him to lead us in scoring, be out there and be the man. It’s his team,” Johnson said of Ingram. “It would be disappointing if he didn’t score up toward 20 points a game.”

Excuse me?

LETS GOOOO
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Quote:

Excuse me?

LETS GOOOO

Let's do this!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Quote:

Excuse me?

Nothing wrong there. With Zo here, Ingram goes from jumping to 15 points this year, to 20 points.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

And if he doesn't score 20ppg that's a disappointment?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

No kidding, I'd be thrilled with a 14-15ppg on solid efficiency scoring season from Ingram considering where he started. We all knew he's a project in development here. I would be gutted if he had a huge jump even to that level but then perhaps became tradable because he's not a 20ppg scorer in his second year. That's a legendary leap Magic is expecting. And making it public? That's so asinine
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/888836048658194432

20 ppg? I'll be content if Brandon averages 13 or 14.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 550 of 1885
Jump to: