OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I doubt many have a problem with some thinking he will be a superstar but some will disagree with that assessment. I am one, I don't think he will be the #1 option but can still be a valuable role player.

I agree, though Ocho clearly stated it's a problem for him.

I don't see a role player in Ingram, neither does his teammates or front office. You believing he probably won't be a superstar is fine, trying to make an argument that he won't based on rookie numbers is something else altogether.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
We'll be having an Ingram party and someone will crash in.. "Hey Hey HEEEYYYY" Knock that shet off, look at his ft percentage, stop the music, stop the dancing, have you seen his lousy 3 point shooting percentage? Take your assis home lol..

And it's all good I guess, we all should be able to express dissent, but it's always the same argument with some of you.

How dare people discuss his actual play on the court.

You're missing the point..

When you come in here with the same critiques it get's redundant. And why you'd have a problem with people believing he's going to be a superstar is beyond me. Or why you'd feel the need to try to convince them he may not, based on rookie numbers is pretty ridiculous. How many times do you wanna state he struggled with his FT's and 3pointer??? As if this is some new revelation for the rest of us.

So be redundant to your hearts content. I'm just calling it out.

I don't know why it's anymore redundant than the steady fawning. Only difference is you like the fawning.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything. I am totally on board for Brandon making a stunning and historic leap and being a completely different human being than he was last year. Maybe it happens. Today though, it's based almost entirely on wishful thinking and length. He should be judged by his play on a basketball court, not in the dreams of fans.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I doubt many have a problem with some thinking he will be a superstar but some will disagree with that assessment. I am one, I don't think he will be the #1 option but can still be a valuable role player.

I agree, though Ocho clearly stated it's a problem for him.

I don't see a role player in Ingram, neither does his teammates or front office. You believing he probably won't be a superstar is fine, trying to make an argument that he won't based on rookie numbers is something else altogether.

I think Ingram projects out to be better than a role player, but I don't see a superstar. I don't see why this is a heretical position.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
We'll be having an Ingram party and someone will crash in.. "Hey Hey HEEEYYYY" Knock that shet off, look at his ft percentage, stop the music, stop the dancing, have you seen his lousy 3 point shooting percentage? Take your assis home lol..

And it's all good I guess, we all should be able to express dissent, but it's always the same argument with some of you.

When you come in here with the same critiques it get's redundant. And why you'd have a problem with people believing he's going to be a superstar is beyond me. Or why you'd feel the need to try to convince them he may not, based on rookie numbers is pretty ridiculous. How many times do you wanna state he struggled with his FT's and 3pointer??? As if this is some new revelation for the rest of us.

I don't know why it's anymore redundant than the steady fawning. Only difference is you like the fawning.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything. I am totally on board for Brandon making a stunning and historic leap and being a completely different human being than he was last year. Maybe it happens. Today though, it's based almost entirely on wishful thinking and length. He should be judged by his play on a basketball court, not in the dreams of fans.

The fawning and optimism is actually based on his on court play, and his physical attributes. Not dreams.. lol. You keep believing what you want though.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The fawning and optimism is actually based on his on court play, and his physical attributes. Not dreams.. lol. You keep believing what you want though.

Based on his on court play thus far...Yeah. It's based on dreams. And physical attributes.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Based on his on court play thus far...Yeah. It's based on dreams. And physical attributes.

Like I said, believe what you want. I guess all the GM's that inquired about Ingram are in lala land, along with the Laker front office, along with his teammates as well.

This exchange is pointless, btw. No need in continuing it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Like I said, believe what you want. I guess all the GM's that inquired about Ingram are in lala land, along with the Laker front office, along with his teammates as well.

...Inquiring about a player does not mean you think he's a superstar...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

What is going on in here?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

...Inquiring about a player does not mean you think he's a superstar...

Did I communicate that to you in some way? Move on.. There's nothing of value coming from our exchange, our views are on opposite ends of the spectrum. That's not changing. Move on.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You see it Yin.. lol
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

I think people are expecting a bit much from him this season. The big thing with him is his development physically. He's still very lanky and hasn't quite matured yet. KD was very much the same. I do think we see significant improvement, but I really expect to see all star caliber play in his third year after another offseason of work in the gym.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You see it Yin.. lol

I think highly of Ingram's future. But i can also see him going through the inevitably struggles that lots of 19-20 year olds do. See Russell, D'Angelo.

While he put up some pedestrian stats in year 1, i'm not foreclosing his future solely on that. However, there is no guarantee he's a superstar either.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
While he put up some pedestrian stats in year 1, i'm not foreclosing his future solely on that.

Nobody is.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You see it Yin.. lol

I think highly of Ingram's future. But i can also see him going through the inevitably struggles that lots of 19-20 year olds do. See Russell, D'Angelo.

While he put up some pedestrian stats in year 1, i'm not foreclosing his future solely on that. However, there is no guarantee he's a superstar either.

I don't see how anyone can guarantee he'll be a superstar. I wouldn't even guarantee first year Kobe, or KD as superstars. Way too many variables.

With that being said I like Ingram's odds.

I don't believe anyone in here has stated unequivocally that Ingram will average 20PPg next season. It's possible yes, likely? No.. not likely, but possible.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Future is bright for BI. I just love his attitude and his effort out there on the floor. He earned a ton of minutes from Luke in his first season because he has the right attitude. He is humble, he loves to play D, he does what the coaching staff tells him to do.

His attitude combined with his eye popping physical attributes are why I feel he will go on and maximize his potential.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Encouraging stat here:

Quote:
There's much more than Ball. Last season, Brandon Ingram scored in double figures in 16 of his last 17 games, after hitting double digits only 19 times before the All-Star break.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20125000/nba-lonzo-ball-putting-la-lakers-fans-their-rightful-place
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Future is bright for BI. I just love his attitude and his effort out there on the floor. He earned a ton of minutes from Luke in his first season because he has the right attitude. He is humble, he loves to play D, he does what the coaching staff tells him to do.

His attitude combined with his eye popping physical attributes are why I feel he will go on and maximize his potential.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
By the same token, he put up his best numbers while getting 35mpg in a point of the season where they sat veterans and much of the league was playing for next year. The list of guys to put up their biggest numbers of the season in March & April is pretty long for that exact reason.

I see him around 14ppg this year. I expect Lopez, Randle, KCP, Clarkson, & possibly Lonzo to be double figure scorers, with Lopez being our #1 scorer by a decent margin and the others (including Ingram) being pretty closely grouped together, with Lonzo closer to 10ppg than 15ppg.

Yea, based on the offense we (hopefully) will run and some minute restrictions due to the depth of our team, I don't anticipate anyone on our roster averaging the 20+ PPG some project for Ingram and/or Randle, regardless of whether the specific player being discussed is capable of it. That being said, if the team suddenly explodes offensively to average something like 110+PPG as a team (in part because of the offense Ball brings), that will raise everyone's scoring averages and, in that case, could mean a 20+PPG scorer or two. We'd have to become a top 5 offensive team in terms of both efficiency and pace, but its not impossible (just not probable).

At the least, I expect Lopez, Randle, Ingram, Clarkson and KCP to all hover in that 12PPG to 18PPG range, in some order. My guess is Randle/Lopez/Ingram at the top of that range with KCP and Clarkson at the bottom (especially because they may limit each other's minutes to some degree). Ball, assuming he shoots at least 30% from 3 this year, may project to about 11-12PPG, but, if he shoots really poorly from 3 and/or plays under 30 minutes per game, I could see single figure scoring instead.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I see him around 14ppg this year. I expect Lopez, Randle, KCP, Clarkson, & possibly Lonzo to be double figure scorers, with Lopez being our #1 scorer by a decent margin and the others (including Ingram) being pretty closely grouped together, with Lonzo closer to 10ppg than 15ppg.

The only thing I'd add in Ingram's column is that Magic has boasted he believes Brandon will lead the team in scoring. Perhaps that influences Luke's play calling (never a bad thing to curry favor with management) and Brandon's aggressiveness to some degree, more so than it would if this was a meritocracy. Still, I have faith in Lonzo's innate ability to sniff out the guys who deserve the most FGA's.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You see it Yin.. lol

I think Ingram is going to be a star, and i think lonzo is going to speed the process, but inalso think you're being a rather aggressive, hypocritical, high volume and angst to content ratio guy. Do better.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

If numbers is all you use to judge a player then......

Ingram has had the worst physical transition of any player in the last few years. 18 yr old, 180lb, playing heavy heavy minutes against top wing players is not an easy thing to do, and he still showed by the end of the year that he will be a star but thats if you can read the game with a scorebox.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You see it Yin.. lol

I think Ingram is going to be a star, and i think lonzo is going to speed the process, but inalso think you're being a rather aggressive, hypocritical, high volume and angst to content ratio guy. Do better.

I'm not doing anything different. I've been respectful. You wanna ban go ahead. I diffused the convo with Ocho when I saw it wasn't going anywhere. No insults were exchanged.

I'm not aggressive or hypocritical, or high volume. You do better in moderating, cause you're way off in your assessment of what I'm doing, or how I'm conducting myself.

((YOUR RECENT POSTING HISTORY INCLUDES A LOT OF BACK AND FORTH WITH AND ABOUT OTHER POSTERS. LET'S GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYERS AND NOT EACH OTHER, PLEASE - JMK))
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

[If you have a problem with how we moderate and disagree with our conclusions, PM a mod. Don't derail the thread with your defense. - LS]

Don't derail the thread? But at the same time you try to admonish me in that same thread? Instead of PMing me?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
[If you have a problem with how we moderate and disagree with our conclusions, PM a mod. Don't derail the thread with your defense. - LS]

Don't derail the thread? But at the same time you try to admonish me in that same thread? Instead of PMing me?

Ok, that three tries by three mods. Enough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 558 of 1885
Jump to: