OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is fine at the 3, just not the 5. Maybe in a few years he will bulk up enough to play the 4, but SF seems like his best fit right now.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
I know we got Lopez and Zubac, but I would very much like to see Ingram play center in spurts. There are only a handful of dominant centers and most of them won't be able to defend Ingram on the perimeter. By playing Ingram at center, we can put Kuzma in the line-up with Ball.

We'd be replacing Lopez' three point shooting with Kuzma's and adding a lot more speed on the fast break.

I wouldn't even play Brandon Ingram at the 4 for too many minutes until he bulks up more, dude would kill himself playing the 5. I think he's gonna be more of a 1-2-3 type of guy then a 3-4-5 type of guys if we're talking about play styles.

This season especially cause if we look at the roster we have Brook/Zu taking up minutes at the 5, Nance/Randle taking up minutes at the 4/5. Deng plays better at the 4, and Kuz will be a 3/4 most likely. That's ALOT of guys looking to get minutes as a big.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
I know we got Lopez and Zubac, but I would very much like to see Ingram play center in spurts. There are only a handful of dominant centers and most of them won't be able to defend Ingram on the perimeter. By playing Ingram at center, we can put Kuzma in the line-up with Ball.

We'd be replacing Lopez' three point shooting with Kuzma's and adding a lot more speed on the fast break.

Who would you want at the 3?

Kuzma would be the 3 and I'm not saying you play Ingram at center all game long, just in spurts.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I mean I'm no coach but Ingram at the 3 sounds like a massacre in the paint. I mean why not play five 3 point shooting pg's?

excuse the typo

I got so excited when I saw "Ingram at the 5"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I know Ingram was at 190 last year does anyone know what his weigh is now? I have to assume it's somewhere around 205-208.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I know Ingram was at 190 last year does anyone know what his weigh is now? I have to assume it's somewhere around 205-208.

He couldn't gain 1 lb from the end of college, to the end of the NBA season.. He's not suddenly gaining 15lbs. He's probably mid-high 190s now. He's got one of those bodies that can't gain much weight.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He could gain 1 lb from the end of college, to the end of the NBA season.. He's not suddenly gaining 15lbs. He's probably mid-high 190s now. He's got one of those bodies that can't gain much weight.

Isn't that Bi-Pro protein drink supposed to help his overall body? he looks way stronger then last year.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He couldn't gain 1 lb from the end of college, to the end of the NBA season.. He's not suddenly gaining 15lbs. He's probably mid-high 190s now. He's got one of those bodies that can't gain much weight.

That wouldn't be a surprise. Last season, during a Clippers-Lakers broadcast, Mike Smith said that Corey Brewer told him he's the exact same weight currently as he was in college.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That wouldn't be a surprise. Last season, during a Clippers-Lakers broadcast, Mike Smith said that Corey Brewer told him he's the exact same weight currently as he was in college.

That's interesting. But Brewer doesn't strike me as a lifting warrior, and came into the league right before lifting was deemed necessary. I'd be surprised if Ingram doesn't gain 5lbs each year and get to 210lbs in his prime. 6'10 210, cmon.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

Kevin Durant says people comparing Brandon Ingram to him is ‘flattering’

Quote:

People have been comparing Los Angeles Lakers sophomore Brandon Ingram to Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant since before the former even entered the NBA. The reasons are obvious. Durant and Ingram are both long, skinny and smooth athletes who look like they can shoot over anyone, any time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2017/8/25/16201332/la-lakers-kevin-durant-brandon-ingram-comparison-podcast-bill-simmons-itunes-stats
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if took 4-5 years for Brandon to maintain 205-210 lbs range. Just a lot of lanky body parts to fill up.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Strength and weight gaining will be issues that he will have to face head on.
To Brandon's credit he has tweaked his jumper over the off-season. He worked with Kevin Durant’s old assistant coach to improve his shot.
Hopefully he will be much improved all the way around as his limited summer league play hinted.
He is a work in progress but the finished product will be a very exciting basketball player for us to watch for years to come.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

BI is good to go...place your worries elsewhere
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

so excited to see this kid ball out this year. here's to a healthy and productive year for all of our lakers!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Article about Ingram on ESPN Insider:

Will Brandon Ingram prove his star potential in Year 2?

Quote:
No. 2 overall pick Brandon Ingram didn't live up to rookie expectations with the Los Angeles Lakers last season. His 8.5 player efficiency rating over the course of 79 games ranked 14th among the 20 2016 draftees to appear in at least 50 contests.

Under the microscope of a rabid Lakers fan base, every zero-point dud or nerve-induced air-balled free throw was heavily scrutinized, and Ingram had his fair share of hiccups as a rookie.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20464222/will-los-angeles-lakers-brandon-ingram-breakout-bust-year-2-nba
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

This is an important year for BI to show if he can improve more than Russell and Randle did in their second full years playing for the team. What encourages me is that he played so much better in the second half of the season. That outside shot though has to get better, especially for a skill position player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Ingram looked like a real scorer in his SL game, so I expect 20-22PPG this year as long as he continues to work.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ingram benefited quite heavily from playing the 4 at Duke with longer closeouts for defenders and slower athletes recovering. Also more of a midrange killer at the high school level, Ingram has never been the most dynamic shooter when sprinting off of screens, catching on the hop or after a quick gather. A lot of the success he had as a shooter at Duke came because he was able to catch quite casually and step, one-two, into his 3-ball from just beyond 21 feet, often with power forwards defending him.

Playing mostly the 3 at the NBA level, Ingram -- who shoots somewhat of a naturally flat ball anyway -- didn't have the time or space to do that one-two step into his jumper. His struggles shooting off the hop, along with his so-so confidence, were exaggerated from the extended NBA line and he had issues finding his footing all season long.

Quote:
Ingram's 51-of-166 off-the-dribble shooting (17th percentile) handicapped him as a shot creator in the half court last season. Defenders went under ball screens and the fact that he scored only 0.607 points per possession on pick-and-roll pull-ups (9th percentile) led to far too many passed up open looks.

Ingram's ability to make a mini-hang dribble pull-up in midrange spots did translate for stretches, as did his series of impressive spinning pirouette fallaways from the midpost. Although not the most desirable shot in basketball, Ingram converted 41.9 percent of his jumpers between 17 feet and the NBA's 3 line, good for the 64th percentile among NBA players.

There's tough shot-making potential with Ingram given his size, footwork and ability to play at different speeds, but he has always had a tendency to shoot on the way down or pull his follow-through and immediately chase his misses when heavily contested, leaving a lot of pull-ups falling short. He showed quite a few flashes at Duke, but overall Ingram struggled to make contested pull-ups versus longer, more athletic wing defenders. In turn his aggressiveness, which wasn't a consistent issue at Duke, tailed off for long stretches.

Quote:
As expected given his frame and average lift in a crowd, Ingram struggled to finish consistently at the NBA level, shooting only 50.4 percent on shots at the rim plus floaters, below the league average. With far less space to work with, Ingram had issues finishing in traffic at the college level as well. Despite his tremendous reach and impressive fluidity, Ingram left quite a few points on the table against longer, more athletic teams during his freshman season, evident by his 44.4 2-point percentage versus schools that won at least half their games.

Quote:
While long and rangy, Ingram also floated a bit defensively at times, losing focus off the ball and lacking a level of aggression on the glass, an area of concern at Duke as well. He was able to fall back on his tools at the collegiate level, but with more space, movement and quicker actions in the NBA, Ingram was caught off guard too often.

When fully locked in he has good feet, lateral agility and tremendous defensive potential, but a player with his tools should average far more than 0.9 steals and 0.6 blocks per 40 minutes.

Quote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20464222/will-los-angeles-lakers-brandon-ingram-breakout-bust-year-2-nba

TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Would appreciate it if someone can post the full article!

Thanks in advance.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:

Thanks in advance.

We have rules against doing that (i.e. copyright issues). So we only clip/paste it. Lakers Reddit may have the whole thing.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

got this from Lakers reddit by a user named Avacado_Ball

https://i.redd.it/05seejj6jjiz.jpg

Ingram is filling out nicely, his arms look much bigger.

The picture kind of reminds of me of when I first started lifting and I would wear smaller shirts on purpose cause it made me look buff lol.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:

Thanks in advance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6wj1ip/insider_request_mike_schmitzs_will_brandon_ingram/

Is that all of it?

Schmitz seems to be making the case that he's a 4. A 4-5 pick and roll with Lopez would be pretty sweet.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
got this from Lakers reddit by a user named Avacado_Ball

https://i.redd.it/05seejj6jjiz.jpg

Ingram is filling out nicely, his arms look much bigger.

The picture kind of reminds of me of when I first started lifting and I would wear smaller shirts on purpose cause it made me look buff lol.

His arms do look bigger. He doesn't have like super skinny man bones, especially in his arms (forearms, wrists) and his calves as well. So there is gainz potential there
His weight deficit seems to be in his core... Durant doesn't have much bigger arms.. but he has a bit of a gut (skinny man gut.. skinny fat). Ingram has none of that. How are they 40lbs different in weight.. it's in the core. Ingram's thighs are tiny as well - DLo same issue with the thighs, just looking at his upper body you'd think DLo was 210lbs, he's 190...
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

KD is also taller and longer than Ingram which accounts for some of the weight difference.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram looked like a real scorer in his SL game, so I expect 20-22PPG this year as long as he continues to work.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment with expectations that high.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 567, 568, 569 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 568 of 1885
Jump to: