OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
got this from Lakers reddit by a user named Avacado_Ball

https://i.redd.it/05seejj6jjiz.jpg

Ingram is filling out nicely, his arms look much bigger.

The picture kind of reminds of me of when I first started lifting and I would wear smaller shirts on purpose cause it made me look buff lol.

Are you me?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
Would appreciate it if someone can post the full article!

Thanks in advance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6wj1ip/insider_request_mike_schmitzs_will_brandon_ingram/

Is that all of it?

Schmitz seems to be making the case that he's a 4. A 4-5 pick and roll with Lopez would be pretty sweet.

Good read. Eventually, we'll see a good amount at the 4, but I'd be surprised if we could get away with it very long during the next few years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping for 15ppg for him next year. The key is consistency.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I wanna see him and KCP start locking down the perimeter wings too
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I wanna see him and KCP start locking down the perimeter wings too

That's my focus as well. It's apparent that we won't have any issues scoring, consequently my focus has been on the defensive end. It was my main concern with a back court of Ball & Russell.

I'm envisioning who might be our best two way lineup. Then, I'm envisioning who might be our best defensive lineup.

Two way:

Ball, KCP, B14, Nance, (not sure)

Defensive lineup:

Ball, Hart (eventually) KCP (depending on match up) B14( as he fills out) (still not sure)

I want Kuzma in there somewhere but I've got to see him against NBA competition before drawing any conclusions.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Look at that, a 19 year is starting to fill out. What a concept
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
KD is also taller and longer than Ingram which accounts for some of the weight difference.

Ingram is still growing. IMO he will end up being the same size as KD-

6'11" with a 7'5"- 7-6" wingspan.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Bill simmons asked KD if he hates when people compare players to him..for example brandon ingram.

Kd said he doesnt mind it especially when it's someone worthy like brandon. Nice!
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:
KD is also taller and longer than Ingram which accounts for some of the weight difference.

I know at the draft he was measured 6'9" - Has anyone seen any sources saying he has grew?

I would imagine he is close to 6'10" - Not sure his wingspan will grow another 3 inches. That would be scary.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I know at the draft he was measured 6'9" - Has anyone seen any sources saying he has grew?

I would imagine he is close to 6'10" - Not sure his wingspan will grow another 3 inches. That would be scary.

I've been keeping tabs on that too since the combine days. My money's on him being a legitimate 6'10.

I agree about the wingspan not necessarily growing much since then, but them suckers are long enough already.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

Well there is one to to find out and it is not too difficult- measure the guy!

I also remember reading last year a quote from BI's mom who stated his Dr. indicated that his growth plates are still open.

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Ruddog89 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I've been keeping tabs on that too since the combine days. My money's on him being a legitimate 6'10.

I agree about the wingspan not necessarily growing much since then, but them suckers are long enough already.

His jumper would look even more awkward if his arms grow any longer

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Durant, Gianis and Ingram are probably the three 'wings' with the greatest standing reach. Being able to handle the ball, pass and shoot with that kind of length is an amazing advantage. In Ingram's case, his significant lack of strength in his rookie year limited the value of that, especially at the beginning of the year when he was a one foot jumper.

He really has the potential to become a perennial all-star four to five years down the road. Just has to put in the work.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:

He was already close to 6'10, he was measured 6'9.5 then
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ruddog89 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:

He was already close to 6'10, he was measured 6'9.5 then

A couple inches isnt going to make a difference in BI becoming an all-star
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

Well there is one to to find out and it is not too difficult- measure the guy!

I also remember reading last year a quote from BI's mom who stated his Dr. indicated that his growth plates are still open.

For some reason or another, BI doesn't like getting his height or weight measured.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

Assuming we get 2 max players next summer, the near term goal is for BI to be competent enough as a 2 way player who can play multiple positions to be at worst, a 3rd possibly 4th option.

Next season, he's probably the 2nd option on this after Brook. It'll be a really good season to showcase these tools to prospective FAs. I think they would like playing with Ingram IMO.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Assuming we get 2 max players next summer, the near term goal is for BI to be competent enough as a 2 way player who can play multiple positions to be at worst, a 3rd possibly 4th option.

I disagree. His goal shouldn't be to be 'competent enough' to become a 3rd or 4th option. His goal should be to be great enough to make the Lakers question whether or not they even need Paul George.

Whether he gets there or not is up for debate, but that should definitely be his goal, to be the best player on this team as opposed to trying to play up to being a backseat player "just in case" the Lakers get two max's this off-season.

Right now that shouldn't even be in his mind nor treated like a definite. He should be striving to play at a level that makes Magic and Rob go "you know what... maybe we don't need PG and we can just push BI as a young player that's about to break out at a level even higher and go for one max FA."

And even if they get that max player, BI should be striving to play at a higher level than them.

The moment you start striving to be 'content' is the moment you fall severely short and get complacent, and I'd rather that not happen to BI.

I'd rather he have such a good season that Magic and Pelinka go "heck with the two max plan, HE is a future max."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure you disagree. But doubt the Lakers prioritize in 2018 Ingram over 2 stars.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I disagree. His goal shouldn't be to be 'competent enough' to become a 3rd or 4th option. His goal should be to be great enough to make the Lakers question whether or not they even need Paul George.

Whether he gets there or not is up for debate, but that should definitely be his goal, to be the best player on this team as opposed to trying to play up to being a backseat player "just in case" the Lakers get two max's this off-season.

Right now that shouldn't even be in his mind nor treated like a definite. He should be striving to play at a level that makes Magic and Rob go "you know what... maybe we don't need PG and we can just push BI as a young player that's about to break out at a level even higher and go for one max FA."

And even if they get that max player, BI should be striving to play at a higher level than them.

The moment you start striving to be 'content' is the moment you fall severely short and get complacent, and I'd rather that not happen to BI.

I'd rather he have such a good season that Magic and Pelinka go "heck with the two max plan, HE is a future max."

Every young player trains to be an allstar.. so..
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Every young player trains to be an allstar.. so..

yinoma did say near term goal not long term
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Ingram and Lonzo are our future even with two max players. 2018 Ingram probably gets to be the 2nd option behind Brook. With 2 max he's probably an over qualified 3rd option but learning behind two of the best. What's the hurry and worry?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm sure you disagree. But doubt the Lakers prioritize in 2018 Ingram over 2 stars.

Nor do they expect him to be better than PG. Continuing to show improvement should be the goal.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ingram and Lonzo are our future even with two max players. 2018 Ingram probably gets to be the 2nd option behind Brook. With 2 max he's probably an over qualified 3rd option but learning behind two of the best. What's the hurry and worry?

I'd love if hes a legit 3rd option for his career.. Give me 19ppg w/ elite defense. Paul George at 23ppg and his shooting, I doubt Ingram reaches that - watching PG play, watching those numbers play-out, insanely skilled.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
manlisten wrote:

KD is 7 feet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-great-debate-is-over-kevin-durant-finally-admitted-his-real-height/

"Since I love you guys so much, I was recorded at 6'10" and three-quarters with no shoes, so with my shoes on I'm 7-feet," Durant finally revealed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 569 of 1885
Jump to: