OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 582, 583, 584 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
22 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Looks like Zo is 6'6, Ingram is 6'9, Deng is 6'8, Randle is 6'9-6'10 and Brook is 7'1-7'2. No doubt Randle has grown since his rookie year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKm35ajV4AAZNFv.jpg

Smile if you're getting playing time!

jk, got respect for Luol!

So cold!

I know I was wrong for that one. I feel bad fam
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

Photographer: everyone please say "stretch provision."
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Randle hasnt grown, he has better posture by being in better shape

and Ingram his confidence comes across in his interviews he is gonna break out big this year

Yeah, the middle three guys all look like the same height to me. Their shoulders are at the same level.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

My prediction: Ingram's going to put up 18/6/3.5 on 45/32/75 shooting playing 34.5 MPG.

I think he's going to be a top 3 candidate for MIP this year. You can just tell by watching his interviews this year compared to last that his confidence is on a much higher level.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Photographer: everyone please say "stretch provision."

Ouch!!!
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Looks like Zo is 6'6, Ingram is 6'9, Deng is 6'8, Randle is 6'9-6'10 and Brook is 7'1-7'2. No doubt Randle has grown since his rookie year.

Smile if you're getting playing time!

jk, got respect for Luol!

Interesting if these are the starters. Perhaps we're showcasing Deng for a trade?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

You can't really use pictures to judge height to a fine degree. Perspective and posture are huge. Think about if you ever so slightly slouch. You'll immediately be an inch or two shoulder and no one can tell that you're not standing erect.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

You can't really use pictures to judge height to a fine degree. Perspective and posture are huge. Think about if you ever so slightly slouch. You'll immediately be an inch or two shoulder and no one can tell that you're not standing erect.

And if they all raise their arms it sort of becomes irrelevant.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Ya but we saw Randle next to Blake Griffin, same heights. And I posted a video on media day last year of Luke telling Julius he grew. Vine is gone though
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

It would be nice if these guys were all standing near the exit of a local 7-11 so that we could accurately gauge their height.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
Brandon Ingram said one of his teammates that he gets on is Kyle Kuzma "because I see the player than he can be."
1:14 PM - Sep 26, 2017

Kobe mentality.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
So did he grow 3 inches or not?

says he got measured today and he's 6'9 not 6'11

I bet a lot of LGers who swore he grew a couple inches are pretty sad right now lol.

I was one of them. Sad? Nah, because he's still got great size with those long arms.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Brandon Ingram said one of his teammates that he gets on is Kyle Kuzma "because I see the player than he can be."

Kobe mentality.

Brandon Ingram getting on anybody after last year:

--Anonymous
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Kobe mentality.

He's gonna annihilate all!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Kobe mentality.

He's gonna annihilate all!

Luke called him a team leader yesterday (along with Zo).
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

He's gonna bring the Brandon Hammer.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Kobe mentality.

Brandon was told to do this by our front office so he's doing what is asked of him but man if he doesn't back it up on the court that kinda thing will wear thin with his teammates pretty fast.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Kobe mentality.

Brandon was told to do this by our front office so he's doing what is asked of him but man if he doesn't back it up on the court that kinda thing will wear thin with his teammates pretty fast.

Obviously.
Thats why I love how his teammates talk about how much he works.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
So did he grow 3 inches or not?

says he got measured today and he's 6'9 not 6'11

I bet a lot of LGers who swore he grew a couple inches are pretty sad right now lol.

I was one of them. Sad? Nah, because he's still got great size with those long arms.

Yeah but BI didn't say if the measured him with shoes on or not. Maybe he is 6'9" barefoot now and 6'11" w/shoes;)
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Kobe mentality.

I'm not a big fan of the FO going out of their way to force Lonzo and BI into leadership roles from Day 1 when they're 19 and 20 years old, respectively (and in Lonzo's case, before he even plays an NBA game), rather than let it develop naturally over the years as they work and grow with their teammates. It's nice that Magic and Rob are taking on an active role in the team's daily activities, but at some point, you let the players and coaches handle their own business as they see fit. And it's not exactly a great sign of respect to other players on the team, some who've been in this league for years now and played on winning teams, to say that these two kids barely out of college are now the leaders who everyone else needs to follow. It's quite ridiculous, actually, but that's pretty much been Magic and Rob's MO since they took over.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

It is ridiculous, you can’t force leadership, leadership just happens. Magic trying to live vicariously through our young players.
lakers4sho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the FO going out of their way to force Lonzo and BI into leadership roles from Day 1 when they're 19 and 20 years old, respectively (and in Lonzo's case, before he even plays an NBA game), rather than let it develop naturally over the years as they work and grow with their teammates. It's nice that Magic and Rob are taking on an active role in the team's daily activities, but at some point, you let the players and coaches handle their own business as they see fit. And it's not exactly a great sign of respect to other players on the team, some who've been in this league for years now and played on winning teams, to say that these two kids barely out of college are now the leaders who everyone else needs to follow. It's quite ridiculous, actually, but that's pretty much been Magic and Rob's MO since they took over.

Na, I think it's good to impose these guys early on a championship winning goal. Let them play around for the first couple of years and you end up with bad habits like Russell, esp with how much pampering these guys have had in HS and college.

Also, lets the FO assess the potential of these guys right away and ship them out ASAP before its too late.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Lonzo/Ingram are quiet guys by nature. They may lead in their own respective ways. I hope they're not being told to lead in a way that's not natural to them. They're not barkers or guys who get in players' faces. Oh, and they're 19 and 20.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lonzo/Ingram are quiet guys by nature. They may lead in their own respective ways. I hope they're not being told to lead in a way that's not natural to them. They're not barkers or guys who get in players' faces. Oh, and they're 19 and 20.

I've always said, just from reading personalities of my generation - Ingram isn't necessarily a quiet dude. Look back at his HS highlights and his machismo is vocally roaring in opponents faces, and at Duke he screamed and played to the crowd after dunks. He got compared to Kawhi personality wise, but people overlooked the above instances - not realizing that he can be boisterous when he's comfortable. In front of reporters he's really reserved (although getting better)..
But the reports that he's becoming a strong voice in the locker room - it's a natural progression tied to how comfortable he is.

Same with Lonzo kind of. He's not a barker to teammates - but he flashes a big personality at times, that could possibly bloom, or maybe not. He twerks and struts after big dunks in practice. He screams to the crowd after dunking on someone (the alley oop body he caught at UCLA)
Being supppper shy around people you're not comfortable with, is a trait that my generation always almost brags about - how they're two different people when you get to know them. It's why we love the internet so much, because we can be shy as hell in person around strangers.

These kids just have to get more comfortable with people and with themselves.
Like you said, they're kids - and have different ways they can develop personality wise
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've always said, just from reading personalities of my generation - Ingram isn't necessarily a quiet dude. Look back at his HS highlights and his machismo is vocally roaring in opponents faces, and at Duke he screamed and played to the crowd after dunks. He got compared to Kawhi personality wise, but people overlooked the above instances - not realizing that he can be boisterous when he's comfortable. In front of reporters he's really reserved (although getting better)..
But the reports that he's becoming a strong voice in the locker room - it's a natural progression tied to how comfortable he is.

Same with Lonzo kind of. He's not a barker to teammates - but he flashes a big personality at times, that could possibly bloom, or maybe not. He twerks and struts after big dunks in practice. He screams to the crowd after dunking on someone (the alley oop body he caught at UCLA)
Being supppper shy around people you're not comfortable with, is a trait that my generation always almost brags about - how they're two different people when you get to know them. It's why we love the internet so much, because we can be shy as hell in person around strangers.

These kids just have to get more comfortable with people and with themselves.
Like you said, they're kids - and have different ways they can develop personality wise

That's just emotion and screaming in games.

I'm (and I think Magic) is talking about leadership. It doesn't always have to be the type where you're outwardly boisterous and emotive. But relying on a 19-20 year olds to lead may be a bit premature. Hoping guys like Brook, even Jules can step up to the plate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 582, 583, 584 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 583 of 1885
Jump to: