OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Ingram just needs to ignore the fans, media and FO and just continue to strengthen the things he can do and add something new during the season. If it takes another 2-3 years to get to where we want him to be, so be it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Ingram has a good season, we could end up emerging as a playoff team, he has to have a really good year for us to contend for a playoff spot.

Do not get ahead of yourself, no chance we make the playoffs.

If Ingram puts up all star stats, then I don’t see why we can’t battle for the 8th spot, Clippers/Jazz aren’t a good sure thing and the Pelicans/Grizzlies are a question markelle

We can make the playoffs. All we need is Ingram to average 50/20/13, and Lonzo to have a pedestrian 30/30/15 a game.

So does Lillard and CJ have to average 40 a game to make the playoffs?

Do we have Lillard/CJ on this team?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Ingram has a good season, we could end up emerging as a playoff team, he has to have a really good year for us to contend for a playoff spot.

If Ingram puts up all star stats, then I don’t see why we can’t battle for the 8th spot, Clippers/Jazz aren’t a good sure thing and the Pelicans/Grizzlies are a question markelle

We can make the playoffs. All we need is Ingram to average 50/20/13, and Lonzo to have a pedestrian 30/30/15 a game.

We got legit young talent, it just depends rather they are gonna be good role players or really good players.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Making the playoffs is going to be entirely dependent on how we defend as a team. Not how well Ingram plays offensively.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Do people really think the Lakers are going to make the playoffs? We legit have maybe 2 players on this team that are capable of scoring 15+ per game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We got legit young talent, it just depends rather they are gonna be good role players are really good players.

Emphasis on young.

CJ/Lillard are grown men. We have 2 main guys who can't buy a beer right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
al242 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We got legit young talent, it just depends rather they are gonna be good role players are really good players.

Emphasis on young.

CJ/Lillard are grown men. We have 2 main guys who can't buy a beer right now.

I love you so much Y2001, we are gonna be exciting to watch, that is the clear thing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I have thought that the team was exciting to watch every season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

This will be an exciting team. But I wouldn't get too wrapped up in playoffs/wins per se. Hoping for 30+ wins, and continued growth from our young core.
joey25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind Brown took 23 shots to get to 25 points. Impressive but not super efficient PPP wise.

Why do I get the feeling that if Ingram goes 11-23 tomorrow for a 25/6 people would be dancing in the streets?

True.

Yeah, I would be dancing too. That's only .478% shooting, but guys cheered the crap out of Kobe and his many horrendous shot jacking. He's a career 8.7/19.5, 445% and no one said crap. Now people will be lining up to meet me in Temecula.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-27-2014/_KrDzZ.gif
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This will be an exciting team. But I wouldn't get too wrapped up in playoffs/wins per se. Hoping for 30+ wins, and continued growth from our young core.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind Brown took 23 shots to get to 25 points. Impressive but not super efficient PPP wise.

Why do I get the feeling that if Ingram goes 11-23 tomorrow for a 25/6 people would be dancing in the streets?

True.

Yeah, I would be dancing too. That's only .478% shooting, but guys cheered the crap out of Kobe and his many horrendous shot jacking. He's a career 8.7/19.5, 445% and no one said crap. Now people will be lining up to meet me in Temecula.

That probably has to do with the fact that Kobe was an efficient scorer and FG% leaves out a couple of very important ways that you can efficiently score. Kobe scored 6.2ppg from the line at an 83.7% clip...or do those points not count as much as the FG% ones?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Brown is actually the better player in this stage of their NBA careers.

Ingram's woahs will be cured by a stronger base, and a year or so to get acclimated to the adjustments to his shot mechanics. We're going to see a much better player a year or two from now.

His current troubles stem from trying to be that player right now when he isn't physically strong enough. The ugly games will dissipate if he plays within himself.

I'd also love it if Ingram developed a floater, instead of always trying to dunk over interior defenders. Would serve him well since he's not able to absorb contact and finish at a high level.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

True.

That probably has to do with the fact that Kobe was an efficient scorer and FG% leaves out a couple of very important ways that you can efficiently score. Kobe scored 6.2ppg from the line at an 83.7% clip...or do those points not count as much as the FG% ones?

It's crazy how people in 2017 still don't use TS% as the marker for efficient scoring/shooting. Using just FG % is so outdated.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Ingram's woahs

his wat
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Ingram's woahs

his wat

whoa*
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

True, but we're talking about developing players. Being able to get shot attempts is an NBA skill - can Ingram get up 23 shots comfortably in a game? I don't think he can.

Now I'm not pretending Ingram vs Jaylen Brown was a thing before the draft. Everyone thought Brown was a reach at 3. But he does look like an elite NBA athlete with a lot of raw talent. Just needs to refine his game - handles, scoring moves, and catch and shoots. He looks promising, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's regarded as the better prospect than Ingram after this season (doesn't necessarily mean he will end up the better player, though).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Jaylen Brown is the next Ron Artest, Ingram is much better and has a higher ceiling but Brown being the next Ron Ron is a good goal for Brown and the Celtics.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Ingram's woahs will be cured by a stronger base, and a year or so to get acclimated to the adjustments to his shot mechanics. We're going to see a much better player a year or two from now.

His current troubles stem from trying to be that player right now when he isn't physically strong enough. The ugly games will dissipate if he plays within himself.

I'd also love it if Ingram developed a floater, instead of always trying to dunk over interior defenders. Would serve him well since he's not able to absorb contact and finish at a high level.

You mean Jaylen Browns 1 made field goal that wasn't in transition?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I wouldn't make that statement based on one game boss. That would be silly lol. I also believe it wouldn't be much of a discussion if Ingram was stronger.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys think about Ingram developing a floater, instead of always driving into bigger defenders on the interior?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I wouldn't make that statement based on one game boss. That would be silly lol. I also believe it wouldn't be much of a discussion if Ingram was stronger.

Thought like most people on twitter, people were getting carried away with his scoring.

I just think Ingram has the higher upside, but is the longer-term project, because Jaylen Brown really lacks the ability to read the floor well; vision narrows once he commits to a drive altogether.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Thought like most people on twitter, people were getting carried away with his scoring.

I just think Ingram has the higher upside, but is the longer-term project, because Jaylen Brown really lacks the ability to read the floor well; vision narrows once he commits to a drive altogether.

I couldn't agree more.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
What do you guys think about Ingram developing a floater, instead of always driving into bigger defenders on the interior?

Floater helps. Prefer spin move. Better variety of shots.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Floater helps. Prefer spin move. Better variety of shots.

A spin move would be nice as well, he doesn't seem to have the lower body strength to execute it quickly and keep his balance. I could be wrong though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 656 of 1885
Jump to: