OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rough start of the season for BI. But I was glad to see him keep shooting.

Great, he can be our Daniel Gibson then
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakerLand247 wrote:
Ingram. Lol

His shooting form reminds me of a 7+ footer trying to shoot down at a free throw.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:

Less midrange shots please.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Wonder what Magic saw to think he's gonna Ave 20. Right now I'd be happy with 11-12 a game. It's more realistic
DLo more than likely will average 20 in BKN, just saying.

What does that have to do with us?

It has to do with our PRESIDENT was so caught up in recreating what he used to have that he traded the only kid we had who could carry the scoring load in favor of a bum SF who does the chicken dance at a gust of wind.

He's gone, sure. But let's not pretend our guy in charge once again showed he has no idea how to judge talent.

So are you guys going to give us updates on Russells scoring throughout the season? Cause I don't think most people on this board are interested. We don't need to hear that shet every time we have a bad game. It's pointless.

Well, maybe not pointless until the mistake is recognized. I do sympathize with going ham on it and not wanting to hear about it though. I wouldn't either.

True. The other side of it is, that after all the people who relished in every little thing Russell did wrong while intentionally ignoring everything he did right despite that GT, or Omar or Mike @ LG told them. The reality may be setting in and some of those who were right the entire time may feel the need to point that out to the people who ignored facts and progress because they wanted to be right.

And Ingram is going to get the bad end of that. particularly considering how he was protected last season (usually by those very people on the other end of the spectrum as well).

That's not my reason for bringing it up but I can understand. I'm doing it because the sooner the fan base and management realize their mistake the sooner it will be resolved but who knows. Maybe it is pointless. Maybe Magic and Jeanie's ego will overshadow any semblance of sound logic.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If he doesn't develop an outside shot its ova
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

0.47 FTR, 5 rebounds (31 min), and 4 assists (1 TO) aren't bad. Nor is 86% FT% for that matter.

Obviously 3-15 shooting is nasty and he was overall bad today, but if he's gonna have a bad game, I'd rather much of it be at the feet of his lack of jump shot. I don't like the 0 blocks+steals, though.

His FT stroke looks significantly improved. Is it that optimistic to hope that the same improvements will come, in time, to his game time jump shot?

Last edited by tox on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player

He's still not physically ready for the NBA.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

nickuku wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Wonder what Magic saw to think he's gonna Ave 20. Right now I'd be happy with 11-12 a game. It's more realistic

It has to do with our PRESIDENT was so caught up in recreating what he used to have that he traded the only kid we had who could carry the scoring load in favor of a bum SF who does the chicken dance at a gust of wind.

He's gone, sure. But let's not pretend our guy in charge once again showed he has no idea how to judge talent.

So are you guys going to give us updates on Russells scoring throughout the season? Cause I don't think most people on this board are interested. We don't need to hear that shet every time we have a bad game. It's pointless.

Well, maybe not pointless until the mistake is recognized. I do sympathize with going ham on it and not wanting to hear about it though. I wouldn't either.

True. The other side of it is, that after all the people who relished in every little thing Russell did wrong while intentionally ignoring everything he did right despite that GT, or Omar or Mike -at- LG told them. The reality may be setting in and some of those who were right the entire time may feel the need to point that out to the people who ignored facts and progress because they wanted to be right.

And Ingram is going to get the bad end of that. particularly considering how he was protected last season (usually by those very people on the other end of the spectrum as well).

That's not my reason for bringing it up but I can understand. I'm doing it because the sooner the fan base and management realize their mistake the sooner it will be resolved but who knows. Maybe it is pointless. Maybe Magic and Jeanie's ego will overshadow any semblance of sound logic.

And THIS is the problem with our front office as a whole. It is the very thing the Knicks became a joke of an organization over.

Like I said when Magic was brought in and everything behind it. Welcome to being the Los Angeles Knicks.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

He will never be physically ready.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

jmnluvr wrote:

Physicality has nothing to do with it. He's not ready to be a 1st/2nd option period.

His best offense comes as a play finisher and as a spot up shooter. But they're gonna keep throwing him into iso's and NEVER punishing him for playing terribly cause he's Magic's golden child. We'll see how long before the locker room starts tuning Luke out with his "work harder/earn better and you'll get chances" rhetoric when it obviously doesn't apply to Ingram, or Kuzma would have finished the pre-season starting over him.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

Whats with these guy's hair? I mean, you come out and suck bad, then just look worst with the stupid hair.

Ingram is simply not a great player. Hes not a leader or somone who will carry a team. Hes a notch above wesley Johnson.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

It's water under the bridge boss.. We don't get do overs. And you guys don't really expect this front office to say we made a mistake. And even if they did it wouldn't change anything. Which is why I say it's pointless and annoying.

My question is are these guys going to give us updates on Russell's scoring throughout the season?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Whats with these guy's hair? I mean, you come out and suck bad, then just look worst with the stupid hair.

Ingram is simply not a great player. Hes not a leader or somone who will carry a team. Hes a notch above wesley Johnson.

Right now he wishes he could be Wesley Johnson.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
0.47 FTR, 5 rebounds (31 min), and 4 assists (1 TO) aren't bad. Nor is 86% FT% for that matter.

Obviously 3-15 shooting is nasty and he was overall bad today, but if he's gonna have a bad game, I'd rather much of it be at the feet of his lack of jump shot. I don't like the 0 blocks+steals, though.

His FT stroke looks significantly improved. Is it that optimistic to hope that the same improvements will come, in time, to his game time jump shot?

Almost got that steal and Beverly kind of fouled him and stole it back..
His jumper is just trash contested and he's not used to this form off the dribble yet (open misses)
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Practice wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If he doesn't develop an outside shot its ova

He needs to get it together around the rim as well.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

It's water under the bridge boss.. We don't get do overs. And you guys don't really expect this front office to say we made a mistake. And even if they did it wouldn't change anything. Which is why I say it's pointless and annoying.

My question is are these guys going to give us updates on Russell's scoring throughout the season?

The first part of acknowledging you have a problem is admitting it no?

And regarding the scoring with Russell you can choose to ignore it. Its not intrinsically hurting anyone.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

You guys know I've defended Ingram to the point of being banned.. But he's not as good as Wesley Johnson right now. He's got a lot of work to do. Only thing we should find encouraging is that he does work hard on his deficiencies.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

24ways2die wrote:
I always thought one thing that made him a top prospect was his shooting.

this...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:

His jumper is just trash contested and he's not used to this form off the dribble yet (open misses)

That's true. I didn't really pay much attention to his defense, but what I remember was pretty decent anyways.

I can deal with a trash jumper if it's going to eventually show the same improvement as his FT.
Omar Little

tox wrote:

Yeah, I'm not giving up on the kid. A lot of his issues aren't really his anyway. He needs some time and a drastic change in both expectation and role.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
I always thought one thing that made him a top prospect was his shooting.

this...

I had a feeling his stroke was not going to translate to the nba.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

nickuku wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

And regarding the scoring with Russell you can choose to ignore it. Its not intrinsically hurting anyone.

Go do it in the Russell thread.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

It feels like the reverse Jordan on Kwame Brown effect. Ingram with all the FO support but he just simply isn't the that type of player they think he is.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
nickuku wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
2019 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

Go do it in the Russell thread.

I'm not bringing up his scoring anywhere but I don't think its egregious to bring up the bad decision making of the FO. Its very relevant to the current state of the team. Should we just sweep all the dirt under the rug?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tox wrote:

That's true. I didn't really pay much attention to his defense, but what I remember was pretty decent anyways.

I can deal with a trash jumper if it's going to eventually show the same improvement as his FT.

Im not confident it will. He's not being strict about shooting the same shot every time. His FT form in Summer League was lower, and he rattled in less FTs .. now his FT form is above his head, but his jumper isn't. I don't think he and Keefe are watching film of his shooting... They would try to make it all consistent if they were... disheartening.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 665 of 1885
Jump to: