OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 670, 671, 672 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KBH wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
There's footage of Luke on the eve of the 2016 draft saying he'd take Ingram over Simmons. Doubt he's lying

I remember Luke saying he would take Ingram over Simmons. You kind of have to question Luke as a talent evaluator. He advocated for Deng to the point that we offered him a large midnight contract. Somehow believing BI is ready to be the go-to guy on an NBA team this season. Rolling out the strangest possible lineups regularly. smh

Didn't Luke advocate for Mozgov, too?

Mozgov is actually who I meant to say.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

With great power comes great comic responsibility.. we are the joke of the league
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

Ingram would be fine if the Lakers just let him develop at his own pace. Like GT points out - this is a Magic/Luke issue. I seriously think they’re ruining the kid, which is sad. Seems like a good guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

He needs to improve aestheticism and dominate physically in few years to be an all star caliber player imo. KD has the skills of a guard and an all time great shooter. Hence unique. Ingram is no way near the athletic freak Giannis is so if he can't be a reliable shooter, ceiling won't be high. It seems like he finds it hard to get separation and is forced to take tough shots.
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

Ingram is trash. Worst rookie I've seen since Anthony Bennett.

His ceiling is Wesley Johnson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Ingram would be fine if the Lakers just let him develop at his own pace. Like GT points out - this is a Magic/Luke issue. I seriously think they’re ruining the kid, which is sad. Seems like a good guy.

Agreed. They pushed and spit out DLO for the same reason (and DLO had a worse alleged attitude/immaturity than BI). I hope we don't do the same with Ingram and/or Lonzo. These are kids drafted at 18-19. They need time.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

yeaaaa, that BI for PG trade is looking mightyyy good.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Ingram needs to develop a shot.
If he wants to be like Durant he must learn to shoot
like Durant.
That is what is separating him from Durant.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Agreed. They pushed and spit out DLO for the same reason (and DLO had a worse alleged attitude/immaturity than BI). I hope we don't do the same with Ingram and/or Lonzo. These are kids drafted at 18-19. They need time.

This is probably my biggest concern under the Magic regime. They already made a mistake by giving up on a 20 year old on the rise. I could see him getting impatient and dumping Ingram and even Lonzo. Then these guys go on and develop on another team while the lakers are knicks 2.0 with all the dysfunction and mediocre/low performing name veterans.

Like you said, it takes time to develop guys you drafted at 18/19/20 years of age; but something tells me this is going to be a big issue under Magic and we will pay for it as we watch these guys excel in other organizations.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Ingram needs to develop a shot.
If he wants to be like Durant he must learn to shoot
like Durant.
That is what is separating him from Durant.

Durant is one of most efficient shooters out there. Ingram would do well to be a above average shooter at this point. That along with his length and improved athleticism should make him an all star caliber player. He's not going to get close to KD level. KD has been on another level skill wise too.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

BI does not have the athleticism to play the 3 in the NBA. He is too slow and not big enough to blow by the nba quality player forwards. What worked at Duke will not consistently work in the league.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Is there anyone out there that thinks Ingram deserves to start? If so, explain why please.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:
BI does not have the athleticism to play the 3 in the NBA. He is too slow and not big enough to blow by the nba quality player forwards. What worked at Duke will not consistently work in the league.

Remember, his game at Duke increased when he started playing "PF."

He isn't strong enough against most NBA SFs, nor does he have lateral/vertical explosion against them.

He isn't strong enough against NBA PFs, but we have 400 PFs on our team right now.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Is there anyone out there that thinks Ingram deserves to start? If so, explain why please.

Well now I'm more worried about how a demotion would impact him after all the hype and expectations, he does look like he gets in his own head sometimes
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Yeah forget KD. Let's start with "Tayshaun Prince with ballhandling". I thought that was his floor coming into the league. Now I'd be happy to see him reach that level within his rookie contract.

I always thought his peak would look something like Iguodala's. An 18/5/5 type player on offense and 1st team all-defense. I just don't know if he'll develop into a good enough athlete to reach that level.

He'll never be KD, and there's no shame in that. I feel like people aren't yet ready to admit that KD is an all-time great player (not on this forum, just in general)
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Ingram makes you realize how easy other young players with actual talent make the game look.

Yup. All them 20 year old small forwards making it look easy!!!!

It'll be interesting to compare Jackson to BI this season.

Thanks brother for naming one.
Tatum is the other guy for me.

I think those guys are clearly better but their draft was just much better. Ingram wouldn't be top 5 in this draft, maybe not even top 10.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Strong handles, good defense, good vision, position less, iq.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject:

If BI had a 6'10 wingspan instead of a monstrous 7'3 wingspan...what would his draft stock have been?

I think he has some interesting tools, but the skills (like shooting, footwork, etc.) need a LOT of work.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If BI had a 6'10 wingspan instead of a monstrous 7'3 wingspan...what would his draft stock have been?

I think he has some interesting tools, but the skills (like shooting, footwork, etc.) need a LOT of work.

But that's literally like saying " if X player was 4 inches shorter... would he be good" , it's literally as important of a tool
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

When he plays without a single minded ball hog with a point to prove attitude, dude is effective. He just needs more and more instances of playing the right way and the rest will open for him.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:

Strong handles, good defense, good vision, position less, iq.

His handles are ok
his defense is terrible
his vision is lacking
he doesn't seem to play well at any position so far
His IQ is questionable to this point (probably Luke's fault)

we see different performances unless you are relying solely on potential
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But that's literally like saying " if X player was 4 inches shorter... would he be good" , it's literally as important of a tool

Right, that's my point. If he had "average" measureables, would his on-court talent/skill be enough to justify a #2 pick?

I think we can mold him into a really useful player. But I don't see him with enough actual talent/skill right now to be an impactful scorer, something that Magic (maybe Luke) have pegged him to be. I think it hurts his development. I thought he could in due time be a really nice Batum/AK47 type hybrid (I know, AK47's defense was insane).
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
his vision is lacking

I think he has pretty good court vision. He's a good passer. I think he's just caving from the pressure at the moment.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Someone bashed me and told me I was wrong when I said this earlier. But we totally chose Ingram over Dangelo.

It was never about Lonzo. We were getting him regardless. Dumbass magic put his stock into Ingram as our scorer and shipped out our best scorer in dlo.

Shouldn't be surprised he was wrong since that idiot thought brandon knight and okafor were gonna be great. I hate this FO man. Magic is just here to make sure Jeanie has a shoulder to cry on. And to think anyone is gonna deal with us would be stupid.

Rob pelinka has done some dirty crap as an agent. He's made enemies with other front offices and agents. So people will be very hesitant to deal with him.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

unfortunately this isn't the Matrix where they tell BI, "you're not The ONE" but... he turns out the be The ONE.

BI... ain't The ONE... I wish he would stop trying to be that guy and start playing like Tayshaun Prince...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 670, 671, 672 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 671 of 1885
Jump to: