OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 760, 761, 762 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PG13 is my #1 goal (even if LBJ is the better player). Fits like a glove here, has a compelling story that fits the LA storyline.

Definitely.
He Would be a great mentor to our young and upcoming slashers,BI and Kuz.

But TBH we really need Demarcus More than PG.

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Hot first quarter. Gets barely any looks after. Offense should be ran through him and Kuzma. Stop letting Lonzo and KCP dribble
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I thought Kuzma was a big part of him not getting the ball back. Too often Kuzma gets the ball and fires. He doesn't run the offense through. He gets it and either looks for the three of looks for the drive. The other option is get the rebound and push it and try to attack. The guy has Lou Williams syndrome. Green light on his mind 24/7. I like Kuzma a lot, but dude really really has to stop calling his own number so frequently.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Kuz is currently the best scoring option on the squad.. His aggression is needed, he just needs to do a bit more reading. He'll get better at it. I think he needs to stay in attack mode though.

Ingram won't be able to drive into defenders in the paint for the entirety of a game. He'll need to have a more varied assault to remain efficient and effective for 4 quarters. He's not there yet. In my opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I thought Kuzma was a big part of him not getting the ball back. Too often Kuzma gets the ball and fires. He doesn't run the offense through. He gets it and either looks for the three of looks for the drive. The other option is get the rebound and push it and try to attack. The guy has Lou Williams syndrome. Green light on his mind 24/7. I like Kuzma a lot, but dude really really has to stop calling his own number so frequently.

Run it through which player? Lonzo? KCP? I want him shooting when he has the look.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hot first quarter. Gets barely any looks after. Offense should be ran through him and Kuzma. Stop letting Lonzo and KCP dribble

Stop letting Lopez and Kuzma dribble and try to set others up.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

I see that too. Thought i would be crazy if i called that out since ALOT of people are sky high on Kuz.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Ingram disappears through stretches.Its because he has one and only one offensive attack right now. If he was a threat to hit from outside it would open up more elements of his game. But unfortunately, until then, unless they never adjust defenses against his drive, he has no other way to score. He competes for boards and seems to enjoy running whatever offensive sets we have which is encouraging. But he also disappears for stretches defensively. With his size and athleticism he should be wanting to call for tough defensive assignments but I don't see it yet.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is too quiet and too predictable. The talent is there. He must find a way to showcase
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why you guys have an issue with Kuz.. I'll acknowledge he could do a tad better at reading the floor but his aggression and decision making is usually spot on.

Teams aren't going to let Ingram crash into their interior defenders for 4 quarters. And the refs aren't going to give him the call either. This accounts for him appearing to disappear late in games. I don't see this being an issue once he starts pulling up for mid range shots off the curls.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Kuz is currently the best scoring option on the squad.. His aggression is needed, he just needs to do a bit more reading. He'll get better at it. I think he needs to stay in attack mode though.

Ingram won't be able to drive into defenders in the paint for the entirety of a game. He'll need to have a more varied assault to remain efficient and effective for 4 quarters. He's not there yet. In my opinion.

He needs to shoot the damn ball when he’s open from 3. His instinct when he catches the ball is to immediately put it on the floor and go in to his dribble “gather” (idk if that’s what you call it) to set up his drive. Obviously, he’s been really effective getting in to the paint lately, but he needs something else once teams start taking that away.

I think he’s definitely showed a lot of improvement from last year, but I think hesitating to shoot jumpers is really holding him back from taking that next step.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

i hope he looks to take the 3 ball. he can't shoot it any worse than we already do as a team
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Ingram disappears through stretches.Its because he has one and only one offensive attack right now. If he was a threat to hit from outside it would open up more elements of his game. But unfortunately, until then, unless they never adjust defenses against his drive, he has no other way to score. He competes for boards and seems to enjoy running whatever offensive sets we have which is encouraging. But he also disappears for stretches defensively. With his size and athleticism he should be wanting to call for tough defensive assignments but I don't see it yet.

He was in foul trouble.. He also had two blocks.. His defense is much improved.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

He needs to shoot the damn ball when he’s open from 3. His instinct when he catches the ball is to immediately put it on the floor and go in to his dribble “gather” (idk if that’s what you call it) to set up his drive. Obviously, he’s been really effective getting in to the paint lately, but he needs something else once teams start taking that away.

I think he’s definitely showed a lot of improvement from last year, but I think hesitating to shoot jumpers is really holding him back from taking that next step.

No point in taking it if you can't make it. Hesitating to take jumpers isn't holding him back, not being able to make them is what's holding him back.

Some here believe he should jack up shots he's not comfortable with. I strongly disagree. If it's not in your repertoire leave it alone until it is.

Eventually he'll have it, right now he doesn't.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Agreed its improved. I want him to show that consistently. Foul trouble made sense in 3rd quarter. By mid of the 4th when we needed stops he wasn't anywhere near their scorers. Hidden away almost. Which seems silly to me considering like you said, his D is improved. Get out there and get on it. He has the skills. Want to see the fire. And usually foul trouble is a fine reason to hide players on D for players that are major offensive threats, but he isn't there yet in that side either minus his drive/slash move.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Not sure why you guys have an issue with Kuz.. I'll acknowledge he could do a tad better at reading the floor but his aggression and decision making is usually spot on.

Teams aren't going to let Ingram crash into their interior defenders for 4 quarters. And the refs aren't going to give him the call either. This accounts for him appearing to disappear late in games. I don't see this being an issue once he starts pulling up for mid range shots off the curls.

How often does bi get setup in the fourth off of curls?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Agreed its improved. I want him to show that consistently. Foul trouble made sense in 3rd quarter. By mid of the 4th when we needed stops he wasn't anywhere near their scorers. Hidden away almost. Which seems silly to me considering like you said, his D is improved. Get out there and get on it. He has the skills. Want to see the fire. And usually foul trouble is a fine reason to hide players on D for players that are major offensive threats, but he isn't there yet in that side either minus his drive/slash move.

I mean you think he's gonna tell KCP let me guard Booker? lol I don't get what you want him to do. The other guy that scored was ullis and he was doing it on Lonzo
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

How often does bi get setup in the fourth off of curls?

Valid point.. Not as often as he does in the first half.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

BI was good tonight, he is still learning the game
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

I can see a future where both guys would fight for the alpha position and in process divide lakers fans. Kuz is better right now cant see him getting any better skill wise maybe improve his body. BI could be better if he achieves his full potential. However, thats a big if.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

JAN24/2/14 wrote:
I can see a future where both guys would fight for the alpha position and in process divide lakers fans. Kuz is better right now cant see him getting any better skill wise maybe improve his body. BI could be better if he achieves his full potential. However, thats a big if.

Kuz is only 2 years older. He’s playing so differently from college. I’d argue he’s just testing the parameters of his game. It’s not like Kuz is a 25-26 year old player who is more locked into an archetype. Thankfully we have both bi and Kuz.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

I mean you think he's gonna tell KCP let me guard Booker? lol I don't get what you want him to do. The other guy that scored was ullis and he was doing it on Lonzo

Considering Booker was lighting up KCP at that point it couldn't have hurt. Or Ullis. Just want to see passion on the defensive end. Take. pride in it. Unless you're telling me he's not capable of being a top tier wing defender.I think he is. Just needs experience with it.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Ingram was 7/17 tonight, but there were three possessions where he missed a shot, got the rebound, and missed the put back attempt. So really, 7/14 is more representative of his efficiency tonight.

I think he played really well, but he doesn't get the ball enough. It's seems like he barely touched the ball in the second half. I'd really like to see him placed on-ball more. His bball handling is much improved, and he's looking really good in pick and roll. He might be ready for another point-forward experiment. I think we should actually run the offense through Ingram in the half court, and play Lonzo off ball.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Considering Booker was lighting up KCP at that point it couldn't have hurt. Or Ullis. Just want to see passion on the defensive end. Take. pride in it. Unless you're telling me he's not capable of being a top tier wing defender.I think he is. Just needs experience with it.

Naa I think he can be. and wish he did guard the best player but I don't even think it's up to him. Just like offensively. He should've had 30 tonight and gotten more touches. But I just think Luke's gameplan and how he's using Ingram is all wrong
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

It's funny how the ball just finds kuzma and he takes advantage of it.

Ingram needs to be super aggressive on both ends of the floor.

If Booker is going nuts then go ask for his defensive assignment
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 760, 761, 762 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 761 of 1885
Jump to: