OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Smh.. These comments illustrate why I say those on the fence will stay there until Ingram is consistently good in all facets of the game.

Absolutely nothing will change that. He's only another bad game away from the "what is he even good at?" narrative resurfacing.

For those that are enjoying watching his growth, let's just continue to celebrate his successes and improvements.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
https://www.fanragsports.com/brandon-ingram-development-an-early-positive-for-lakers/

Good post..
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Smh.. These comments illustrate why I say those on the fence will stay there until Ingram is consistently good in all facets of the game.

Absolutely nothing will change that. He's only another bad game away from the "what is he even good at?" narrative resurfacing.

For those that are enjoying watching his growth, let's just continue to celebrate his successes and improvements.

Consistently good in all facets? How about consistently good in one first?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Consistently good in all facets? How about consistently good in one first?

You just gave me exhibit A with your post.. He's not good at anything right?.. I don't think you can reason with someone who holds this position in regards to Ingram. There's no point in trying.

His play will have to change your mind. No amount of reasoning or debate will do that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Ingram has all the tangibles to be a star. It's going to take more time but he has shown many flashes this season of things to come.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Ingram has a lot of flaws in his game, and has a long way to go.....but the thing that intrigues me is how the same posters can search, locate and hang onto any tiny nugget of data in the Lonzo Ball thread to argue that greatness is around the corner, but find fault with every positive attribute related to Ingram.

They are the same age, Ingram's measurements are elite, he is a much more effective scorer, and simple body maturity will likely have much more impact on his game than it will on Ball's. It's not so much about Ball vs. Ingram, but how can one only seem to see the positive in one 20 year old, while only seeing the negatives about the other?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. You have people saying he's better than Russell offensively, comparing him to Ben Simmons, and saying it's a good thing he's been inefficient offensively as damage control because his 3 point and FT shooting were called into question. You guys are going at GT with your hearts rather than numbers as if he called Ingram a bust or something. He provides an actual reason behind his thinking you guys basically just call him a hater without posting any insight of your own. As of right now Ingram simply isn't on the level of those guys offensively and saying so isn't anywhere close to hating on or giving up on Ingram.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
If the Lakers get a superstar or two Brandon is going to benefit because space will open up on his dribble drives

Only if we get a superstar that is a marksman from the outside and doesn't like to operate in the same spots BI does.

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.

Demarcus Cousins and Paul George would do too

But apparently that’s only an 8th seed team to some.

can Cousins even play basketball beyond mid April? Guess it's that whole thing if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is there to hear it......... conundrum
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. You have people saying he's better than Russell offensively, comparing him to Ben Simmons, and saying it's a good thing he's been inefficient offensively as damage control because his 3 point and FT shooting were called into question. You guys are going at GT with your hearts rather than numbers as if he called Ingram a bust or something. He provides an actual reason behind his thinking you guys basically just call him a hater without posting any insight of your own. As of right now Ingram simply isn't on the level of those guys offensively and saying so isn't anywhere close to hating on or giving up on Ingram.

When you address me.. for future reference.. Make sure you're accurate and factual in your representation of my positions. Cause I will call you out every single time you try to mischaracterize my positions.

You say.. "saying it's a good thing he's been inefficient offensively as damage control"

I said.. "That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot." In other words he's done other things to impact the game, which GT actually agreed with. GT "He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though."

You say.. "You guys are going at GT with your hearts rather than numbers" If you would put in quotes for me where I'm going at GT with empty rhetoric I'd appreciate it. Guarantee you won't come up with one.

You say.. "you guys basically just call him a hater without posting any insight of your own."

I've already expressed to GT that I value his commentary because it's always rational, and well thought out. Even if we don't agree. I've also stated he will need evidence from Ingram himself in the form of his on court production to sway his current impression of him. I respect it, don't agree with his assessments but I respect it.

Now I don't know if you're trying to score points with GT by mounting some sort of defense for him against me, but I'm the wrong one to do that with.. Also I assure you, you won't be able to mount a better defense for him than he can.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

When you address me.. for future reference.. Make sure you're accurate and factual in your representation of my positions. Cause I will call you out every single time you try to mischaracterize my positions.

You say.. "saying it's a good thing he's been inefficient offensively as damage control"

I said.. "That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot." In other words he's done other things to impact the game, which GT actually agreed with. GT "He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though."

You say.. "You guys are going at GT with your hearts rather than numbers" If you would put in quotes for me where I'm going at GT with empty rhetoric I'd appreciate it. Guarantee you won't come up with one.

You say.. "you guys basically just call him a hater without posting any insight of your own."

I've already expressed to GT that I value his commentary because it's always rational, and well thought out. Even if we don't agree. I've also stated he will need evidence from Ingram himself in the form of his on court production to sway his current impression of him. I respect it, don't agree with his assessments but I respect it.

Now I don't know if you're trying to score points with GT by mounting some sort of defense for him against me, but I'm the wrong one to do that with.. Also I assure you, you won't be able to mount a better defense for him than he can.

The "heart" and "hater" comments was directed more at other people in this topic, but you're the one acting all the people commenting on his shooting are just waiting to hate on him. Nobody even said he's bad or anything and you're assuming a narrative to hate on him is starting.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The "heart" and "hater" comments was directed more at other people in this topic, but you're the one acting all the people commenting on his shooting are just waiting to hate on him. Nobody even said he's bad or anything and you're assuming a narrative to hate on him is starting.

"The "heart" and "hater" comments was directed more at other people in this topic,"

In the future address them specifically. That has nothing to do with me.

"you're assuming a narrative to hate on him is starting."

You're still making claims that are simply untrue. Maybe you just can't help yourself. Shrugs..
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

ah LakersGround...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
Ingram hasn't hit a 3 in two weeks.

That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot. Imagine when he's able to actually shoot from beyond the arc with some accuracy.

I don't agree that he's been effective as a scorer. When you don't hit 3's and hit 64% from the line on 5 attempts, you have yourself a math problem. He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though.

This is more of a 'he doesn't score the way I want him to score' problem, no? Been Simmons doesn't shoot 3s and is below 60% from the line on 5 a game.

No, it's a "he's not as efficient as you think he is" problem.

Brandon in these last 5 games of his, despite the majority of his offense coming inside the arc is shooting only 40% from the field.

Contrast that with Ben Simmons that while the majority of his offense is coming inside the arc he's shooting 59.7% from the field and you see the difference in what efficiency and scoring is and isn't.

The problem with Ingram is people still give him way too many excuses or continue to gloss over his problems because they don't want him to fail.

The things people bash people who defend Lonzo over(as a rookie), will defend Ingram with as much vigor.(in his 2nd year)

Last edited by MJST on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

On his way to an all star career, from next year on.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
ah LakersGround...

i agree man...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

based on?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

based on?

These are the kinds of exchanges that lead to nothing.

You can't prove that he won't be an all-star.. Half can't prove that he will.

Why not just let him believe that?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

based on?

Because strength is the only thing holding him back. He picked up where he ended last season. He is starting to get comfortable with his length. He is on the cusp.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

It's encouraging at least that the most critical posts on this thread have changed from "he's a bust" and "the worst possible young player ever" to "he's not that great yet."

BI is growing into his body and game and I believe, barring injury, he will be an all-star.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ingram has a lot of flaws in his game, and has a long way to go.....but the thing that intrigues me is how the same posters can search, locate and hang onto any tiny nugget of data in the Lonzo Ball thread to argue that greatness is around the corner, but find fault with every positive attribute related to Ingram.

They are the same age, Ingram's measurements are elite, he is a much more effective scorer, and simple body maturity will likely have much more impact on his game than it will on Ball's. It's not so much about Ball vs. Ingram, but how can one only seem to see the positive in one 20 year old, while only seeing the negatives about the other?

What about the people who need to bring their lonzo feels to other threads?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

What about the people who need to bring their lonzo feels to other threads?

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:

based on?

These are the kinds of exchanges that lead to nothing.

You can't prove that he won't be an all-star.. Half can't prove that he will.

Why not just let him believe that?

usually there's evidence you can go off of outside of "it's just a feeling." that's all I'm asking for, really.

But it's apparently gotten to the point you no longer have to use facts to backup what you say and if someone brings a legitimate argument or concern or criticism which is backed up with facts, the response is.

"Why can't you just be happy with what we have?" or "Why do you have to be so critical?" or "oh this site.. where all people wanna do is bring down our young talent."

That's not the best response to someone that is bringing fact to the table along with legit criticism, and it's usually a response to said criticism when there's no real defense for it.

It's essentially saying "I'd rather live in my own bubble where all the problem are miniscule and they'll obviously be a star one day."

there's nothing wrong with wanting someone to be a star, there's also nothing wrong with acknowledging a player's shortcomings because you actually want to see them improve them.

It seems like when it comes to short comings, it's either hyperbole, or legitimate, but if you respond with facts against hyperbole, you're a "homer" or a "stan" and if someone brings legitimate facts to the table, they're a "hater" or "Non appreciative of what we have."

It's tiring tbh.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I never said he was better than Russell offensively. Simply bringing to light the fact that people want to stand on top of problems with one guy (who they've been blatantly critical of) then talk like they'd love to have a guy who's really not been any more effective of a scorer other than gunning more because they've been too attached to said player since day one because of PER 36 numbers by age. Even giving Russell benefit of the doubt last year by saying " not sure why he doesn't attack the paint more, because I know he can". THAT was the point I was making. Not that Ingram is better offensively because at this point he's not and it's really not yet close even though I think the upside is in Ingram favor.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
Ingram hasn't hit a 3 in two weeks.

That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot. Imagine when he's able to actually shoot from beyond the arc with some accuracy.

I don't agree that he's been effective as a scorer. When you don't hit 3's and hit 64% from the line on 5 attempts, you have yourself a math problem. He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though.

This is more of a 'he doesn't score the way I want him to score' problem, no? Been Simmons doesn't shoot 3s and is below 60% from the line on 5 a game.

No, it's a "he's not as efficient as you think he is" problem.

Brandon in these last 5 games of his, despite the majority of his offense coming inside the arc is shooting only 40% from the field.

Contrast that with Ben Simmons that while the majority of his offense is coming inside the arc he's shooting 59.7% from the field and you see the difference in what efficiency and scoring is and isn't.

The problem with Ingram is people still give him way too many excuses or continue to gloss over his problems because they don't want him to fail.

The things people bash people who defend Lonzo over(as a rookie), will defend Ingram with as much vigor.(in his 2nd year)

Then let's compare Julius outside of 5 feet to ANYONE on the team. Ingram had 3 bad games field goal wise over the course of his last 12.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 764 of 1885
Jump to: