OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject:

where great basketball minds gather...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

Love what bi is showing only thing holding him back is strength. The jump in that dept from last year has been great. Next year this time he will be an all star. So will zo and Kuz.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Not sure about him being an all star but he should be an 18 ppg scorer easily IMO. He is able to drive to the rim with more consistancy, absorbs contact really well, in fast he enjoys it these days it seems. Next year he should get eve more significantly stronger and along with an improved jumpshot which I see as a matter of when not if....it will be too easy for him. 18-20 ppg should be easy for him next year.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Love what bi is showing only thing holding him back is strength. The jump in that dept from last year has been great. Next year this time he will be an all star. So will zo and Kuz.

Shooting is his biggest weakness, not strength and it's not even only thing holding him back. Good thing he is just 20 yr old and showing noticeable improvement in other areas, other than(again) shooting.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

"The only downside: The uptick in shots near the basket has come at the expense of 3-pointers. Ingram's attempts from deep are way down, and he's canning just 30 percent. Ingram eventually has to become a serviceable 3-point shooter if he's going to play alongside Lonzo Ball. But in the short term, this tradeoff is fine; some young guys improve in increments. Ingram honing one skill now doesn't mean he'll neglect the other one forever."

BI & Kuzma are experiencing the same areas of growth: consistency and the ability to do multiple things well. I notice when Kuzma leaks out for scoring opportunities his rebounding goes down. However, when he focuses on rebounding his scoring is affected.

BI's recent focus has been to drive the ball down the throat of teams. As he finds success in that area, he's neglecting his three point shot. I'm excited because I think they'll both learn to balance the different aspects of the game as they mature.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
999 wrote:
When boogie was on the table I wish Mitch did include Ingram in the trade piece instead of turning it down. I just don’t see any star power in Ingram

Could you imagine if we did make that trade
Luol Ingram and Randle for boogie
Dlo and slozgov for kuzma and Brook.

Cousins
Kuzma
Lonzo

All on the same floor. That would be fire

Cousins can be had without giving up Randle and Ingram via free agency.. Not sure why anyone would make that deal. Those same players can be on the floor next season smh.. With Randle and Ingram.

You make a deal because you get the player for sure. In free agency, there is a good chance you don’t. From what I remember the deal was supposedly Ingram and DLO. You don’t do that deal. Cousins, Mozgov, Randle and Nance would be clumsy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

Ingram is suggesting that he isn’t even close to what he can show and this guy just came off of avging 18/7 in the last 4 games before the Kings game..

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-brandon-ingram-believes-he-can-bring-more-to-the-table/2017/11/24/

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
999 wrote:
When boogie was on the table I wish Mitch did include Ingram in the trade piece instead of turning it down. I just don’t see any star power in Ingram

Cousins
Kuzma
Lonzo

Cousins can be had without giving up Randle and Ingram via free agency.. Not sure why anyone would make that deal. Those same players can be on the floor next season smh.. With Randle and Ingram.

You make a deal because you get the player for sure. In free agency, there is a good chance you don’t. From what I remember the deal was supposedly Ingram and DLO. You don’t do that deal. Cousins, Mozgov, Randle and Nance would be clumsy.

Read your post again.. You agreed, and disagreed. Bottom line.. You don't do that deal whether it's Ingram and Randle, which is what the original poster suggested, or it's Ingram and Russel. Makes no difference to me.. I'm not doing it.
thenextgreat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
999 wrote:

Cousins
Kuzma
Lonzo

Read your post again.. You agreed, and disagreed. Bottom line.. You don't do
that deal whether it's Ingram and Randle, which is what the original poster suggested, or it's Ingram and Russel. Makes no difference to me.. I'm not doing it.

Arguments like this don’t make much sense. You guys are assuming that trading for Boggie would have still landed us the 2nd pick in the draft. You just don’t know if these things would have turned out. Better player at the trade deadline could have gotten us more wins and as a result we may have lost our pick all together. I’ll give you Kuzma but you can’t also say Lonzo for sure.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram is suggesting that he isn’t even close to what he can show and this guy just came off of avging 18/7 in the last 4 games before the Kings game..

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-brandon-ingram-believes-he-can-bring-more-to-the-table/2017/11/24/

19 games into the season BI stands at 14.7/5.4/3.0
Quite nice for the 19 year old sophomore in a team with rather weak offensive setup.
And we all can be quite certain this is not the ceiling. Not yet.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

I'm pretty damn happy with where Brandon's at. Not as a shooter, but he looks legit in a lot of other areas now, which is exactly how I wanted to see him develop. So glad the 20ppg nonsense is out the window, he's playing so much better.

There's actually times I'd like to see him more engaged in the offense, sometimes he'll have a quiet 1st half and then blow up in the 2nd.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I'm pretty damn happy with where Brandon's at. Not as a shooter, but he looks legit in a lot of other areas now, which is exactly how I wanted to see him develop. So glad the 20ppg nonsense is out the window, he's playing so much better.

There's actually times I'd like to see him more engaged in the offense, sometimes he'll have a quiet 1st half and then blow up in the 2nd.

Some of this is his own fault. He has a tendency to stand around instead of being active to create opportunities for himself. If you watch Lonzo, KCP and Kuzma you will see them setting off ball screens, sliding, rotating, cutting. Brandon should do more of this and he will get some easy baskets for himself without needing the ball. It could also help the offense as a whole because it gets the defense moving.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Some of this is his own fault. He has a tendency to stand around instead of being active to create opportunities for himself. If you watch Lonzo, KCP and Kuzma you will see them setting off ball screens, sliding, rotating, cutting. Brandon should do more of this and he will get some easy baskets for himself without needing the ball. It could also help the offense as a whole because it gets the defense moving.

Agree he's too stagnant without the ball. He seems to mainly just make cuts around the perimeter to come get the ball, but rarely flashes through the paint. And when he cuts baseline it's just going through the motions, not really with any purpose. He's not that explosive, but if he just practiced change of speed right before making those cuts, he could get a lot of space with his length. He should be able to get at least 2 easy baskets a game by doing that.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

19 games into the season BI stands at 14.7/5.4/3.0
Quite nice for the 19 year old sophomore in a team with rather weak offensive setup.
And we all can be quite certain this is not the ceiling. Not yet.

Perfect guy to play behind someone like Paul George, even next year. He's inconsistent and still has a ton of holes in his game which is fine for a 20 year old. In two years, with hard work he's going to be balling.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Cousins
Kuzma
Lonzo

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
999 wrote:

Cousins
Kuzma
Lonzo

Thanks VLF. People seem to be confused about what the offer was. Mitch & Jim offered DLO and they asked for Ingram as well. That's when we said no. They then decided to trade with NOLA instead.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

His FTs are so bad man.

If he goes 1/2, its a success.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

If he is gonna drive on every play, he needs to be at 75% from the FTs
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

He needs to shoot better period.. We all know that. At the moment he's doing what he can do to be effective.
leandromato1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

He has an all-star potential, but he must get better his midrange soon
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

leandromato1 wrote:
He has an all-star potential, but he must get better his midrange soon

at least before the WCF
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He needs to shoot better period.. We all know that. At the moment he's doing what he can do to be effective.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yep, its a credit to him understanding what his strengths are and not trying to be something that he just can't be at the moment.

20 years old...he has so much time on his hands to become a competent shooter. Once he does, combined with a clearly good understanding of the game. He might be quite the impact player.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Agreed. But if he’s gonna drive every time you gotta make FTs or they just gonna foul you every time.

Hack a Bi
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Why is Ingram getting playing time over kuzma?

I mean this guy literally has only 1 move: head down and go to rim

Don't know if you're being serious or not but BI is a better defensive player, better playmaker etc...Kuzma is our best scorer rn but so far that's all hes good at rn
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 773 of 1885
Jump to: