OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
So nice things have been relatively quiet over her on the Ingram thread.

No more sarcastic "Mr. Untouchable" comments.
No more screw Magic for trading the wrong dude.
No more show me just one NBA skill from Ingram.
No more send him to the G-League.
No more tell me something Ingram does good offensively.
No more this kid hasn't improved since last season.
No more bust talk.

I'm glad people are understanding this kid is 20 and he's gonna look bad sometimes, but it's the flashes that keep the believers going. Kobe had times where he struggled early on too, but people just don't remember them. Then by the time he was jacking up every shot that touched his hands, he was so gassed by Laker fans that he could do no wrong. I'm thinking Ingram will eventually be loved by Laker fans in a similar fashion that Kobe was. To the point where if he took unadvised shots he will still be forgiven.

refreshing.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I was trying not to say anything to keep peace.. but we aren't out of the woods in regards to those criticisms. Evidenced by GT's response lol..

It's just not worth the time I end up spending on it. I'm glad you guys are happy with his play.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I was trying not to say anything to keep peace.. but we aren't out of the woods in regards to those criticisms. Evidenced by GT's response lol..

GT also has personal bias. Agreed he still has a lot of work but that response is the last one I'm going to base my feelings on. Sometimes there is way too much put on analytics. Occasionally eye test has to be taken into account as well.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It's just not worth the time I end up spending on it. I'm glad you guys are happy with his play.

You realize Dlo didn't exactly have the most favorable advanced stats through his first two years? For that matter, they still aren't world breaking.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You realize Dlo didn't exactly have the most favorable advanced stats through his first two years? For that matter, they still aren't world breaking.

His numbers were much more favorable relative to age and position.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

GT also has personal bias. Agreed he still has a lot of work but that response is the last one I'm going to base my feelings on. Sometimes there is way too much put on analytics. Occasionally eye test has to be taken into account as well.

Lol at having a personal bias. Weird how I've been able to reverse course on Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson when their play warranted it, but I have a personal bias for one of the nicest, most hard-working guys on the team.

I do "occasionally" use the eye test too. For like 8 hours a day.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

How's this for eye test.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
How's this for eye test.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xehZASWm95AJmlq/giphy.gif

A Christmas jingle

Bad habits a-formin', the hype is still soarin, GT is snoarin...its almost time for the Lakers on Xmas mornin. Do daaaa
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

smh..
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Definitely, he'll need to improve on making quicker reads and then making quicker decisions. I dont think anyone would question that.

In the clip above, seems like he was thinking "drive to the rack" and didn't expect Julius' man to jump out. I'm glad he's in attack mode as we've seen by the number of times he's gotten to the rim this year compared to last year. I'm hoping by the 2nd half of the season, he'll start developing the counters to his drives to the rim; be it pull ups or even making the simple pass.

I'm enjoying the proce... er, I'm enjoying the growth.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't really understand the point of these posts.. We all know about his current flaws. He's far from being a finished product, I like many here are merely celebrating the improvements.

I think we can do that while acknowledging he still needs work, which is to be expected from a 20 year old prospect.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Definitely, he'll need to improve on making quicker reads and then making quicker decisions. I dont think anyone would question that.

In the clip above, seems like he was thinking "drive to the rack" and didn't expect Julius' man to jump out. I'm glad he's in attack mode as we've seen by the number of times he's gotten to the rim this year compared to last year. I'm hoping by the 2nd half of the season, he'll start developing the counters to his drives to the rim; be it pull ups or even making the simple pass.

I'm enjoying the proce... er, I'm enjoying the growth.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see the coaching staff get other players cutting more when he's ISO, and really hold him accountable for making those passes, like they do Kuzma. The threat of a pass could be similar (to a smaller degree) to the threat of a jumper, that defenders would have to be thinking about when he's about to freeze them with his hesitation. Could make his driving even more effective
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't really understand the point of these posts.. We all know about his current flaws. He's far from being a finished product, I like many here are merely celebrating the improvements.

I think we can do that while acknowledging he still needs work, which is to be expected from a 20 year old prospect.

I wasn't responding to you.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't really understand the point of these posts..

To show that he isn't out of the woods yet NOR like he's beyond criticism.

Some Ingram fans get really arrogant when he's playing well as if he's beyond criticism or as if past criticism's aren't or weren't warranted or act like people that still criticize aspects of Ingram's game are 'agenda based' as if those flaws don't exist or are just minuscule.

GT is rightfully putting the kibosh on that.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Some Ingram fans get really arrogant when he's playing well as if he's beyond criticism or as if past criticism's aren't or weren't warranted or act like people that still criticize aspects of Ingram's game are 'agenda based' as if those flaws don't exist or are just minuscule.

That's a false argument.. well bogus actually.

The same criticisms, shooting and taking a little too long to make reads are the same concerns those of us who are high on him have.

I personally take issue with some of you trying to make long term projections based on those current deficiencies.

To GT's credit, I don't see him trying to put caps on Ingram's ceiling based on current struggles. He simply doesn't think he's as good as some of us think he is. Even though I find myself in disagreement with him quite often, I'll give him credit for not trying to play the roll of a physic and tell us what Ingram won't be.

With that being said I think some of the commentary in here is a bit nit picky.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

You should see what GT was responding to then.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
“Right now, I’m mainly focused on doing the things I do well. Of course, there are some days where I’ll just go in and work on my jumper. I think my jumper has some catching up to do, but I feel comfortable with it. Sometimes, I’ll feel good in practice and it doesn’t translate to the game, so I just need to feel more comfortable going into games and be able to shoot it.”

This doesn't make an ounce of sense to me.. I actually got annoyed reading it, and I'm really rooting for him to do well.

I don't understand why his shooting wouldn't be a priority during practice.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/12/12/los-angeles-lakers-brandon-ingram-still-needs-improve-jump-shot/

Team practice is to work on team things.
Individual shooting can be practiced before or after team practice, which you may have noticed are the type of drills you see players posting on social media.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

GT was definitely the first to point out how often Ingram gets stuffed at the rim. Porzingis is giving that work tonight... That's definitely a weakness he'll need to improve on.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The same criticisms, shooting and taking a little too long to make reads are the same concerns those of us who are high on him have.

I personally take issue with some of you trying to make long term projections based on those current deficiencies.

To GT's credit, I don't see him trying to put caps on Ingram's ceiling based on current struggles. He simply doesn't think he's as good as some of us think he is. Even though I find myself in disagreement with him quite often, I'll give him credit for not trying to play the roll of a physic and tell us what Ingram won't be.

There is a simple solution to this, one discussed before.
TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL PLAYERS INSTEAD OF OTHER POSTERS.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
“Right now, I’m mainly focused on doing the things I do well. Of course, there are some days where I’ll just go in and work on my jumper. I think my jumper has some catching up to do, but I feel comfortable with it. Sometimes, I’ll feel good in practice and it doesn’t translate to the game, so I just need to feel more comfortable going into games and be able to shoot it.”

This doesn't make an ounce of sense to me.. I actually got annoyed reading it, and I'm really rooting for him to do well.

I don't understand why his shooting wouldn't be a priority during practice.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/12/12/los-angeles-lakers-brandon-ingram-still-needs-improve-jump-shot/

Team practice is to work on team things.
Individual shooting can be practiced before or after team practice, which you may have noticed are the type of drills you see players posting on social media.

No way in hell he should be comfortable with it.. It should be a priority.. I work on it some days?? That sounds stupid to me.. And I love Ingram.

His fg% will continue to decline as teams take away the one thing he's really good at. This should be apparent to him and the coaching staff. I'm not going to sugar coat it.. I think it's dumb to not make it a priority, every time he hits the gym to work on his game.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
GT was definitely the first to point out how often Ingram gets stuffed at the rim. Porzingis is giving that work tonight... That's definitely a weakness he'll need to improve on.

BI just paid him back though!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

There is a simple solution to this, one discussed before.
TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL PLAYERS INSTEAD OF OTHER POSTERS.

I know that.. I chimed in on what was already being discussed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 820, 821, 822 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 821 of 1885
Jump to: