OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 827, 828, 829 ... 1076, 1077, 1078  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15523

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's problem outside of his jumper is reading the defense properly and his tunnel vision at times. That needs to be toned down.

This kind of play we need less of

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/940793815308390402

But Cranjis McBasketball(T1m_NBA) breaks down a lot of the problems down the stretch, worth checking out his twitter feed on the game.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15523

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Simmons is basically a bigger more athletic Lonzo that doesn't shoot as much. They have a lot of similarities in their playing styles, so obviously Simmons has the advantage right now with the bigger body, but Lonzo can catch up to him if he develops a reliable J.


If Lonzo uses his length to finish and reads properly what the defense is doing when they are coming to block his shot he'll do fine. Getting stronger is a part of it for him in this case.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3677
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ingram's problem outside of his jumper is reading the defense properly and his tunnel vision at times. That needs to be toned down.

This kind of play we need less of

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/940793815308390402

But Cranjis McBasketball(T1m_NBA) breaks down a lot of the problems down the stretch, worth checking out his twitter feed on the game.


You really picked the wrong play to try to make that point.. Everybody on the squad ignores picks to iso with the exception of Ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28477

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
trablos wrote:
Simmons is basically a bigger more athletic Lonzo that doesn't shoot as much. They have a lot of similarities in their playing styles, so obviously Simmons has the advantage right now with the bigger body, but Lonzo can catch up to him if he develops a reliable J.


If Lonzo uses his length to finish and reads properly what the defense is doing when they are coming to block his shot he'll do fine. Getting stronger is a part of it for him in this case.


He doesn't have the length to finish around bigs based purely off that. Average length for a SG ain't a big boon when going up vs bigmen
I think he gets going to fast/downhill for his own good, it's like telling a 100M dash racer to leap during the race, he's not going to get up much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 903
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject:

Just a bad game, it happens sometimes. He is still 20. These things happen when you are still basically a kid. Hope he will bounce back the next one.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13262

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ingram's problem outside of his jumper is reading the defense properly and his tunnel vision at times. That needs to be toned down.

This kind of play we need less of

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/940793815308390402

But Cranjis McBasketball(T1m_NBA) breaks down a lot of the problems down the stretch, worth checking out his twitter feed on the game.

I've been disconnected with Lakers twitter, forgot how great Cranjis's stuff is
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13262

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Didnt get to see this game, so what I say here is in a bit of a vacuum:

Not too long ago the guy we want (PG13) had a 1-12 stinker; then after that a spectacular 2-17 crapper with 6 turnovers [if you are curious re "impact on other areas of game": PG 13did have 10 assists in one of those bad shooting games, and 8 rebounds in another; BI had in his crapper game tonight 7 rebounds and 5 assists ].

Not making excuses, just pointing out even veteran all stars can have real stinkers too. The real test to this is how BI responds.


I think people went a little gaga on him too early. Over the past four games (before tonight), people have been raving about him because he scored a lot of points, but he only shot 40% from the field and 25% from 3-point line. He's shown good development for a young, second year player, but I haven't understood how his performance is causing some fans to call him the next big thing,


I agree with you. I think BI is showing the up-and-down struggles of a player who's very good at one thing, but the whole league knows it. I've always been vocal about my concerns for his shooting, but the other point that now concerns me is his reaction time. He doesn't make quick decisions, and I don't have enough experience watching prospects know to have a feel for how easily players improve on this.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 1623

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject:

Until he can shoot. He will continue to have ups and downs. Other than Kuzma this team is terrible at shooting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 15523

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

Until he can shoot, I expect more teams to start implementing the strategy the Knicks just used to shut him down.

The only real answer against that game plan for him is to either have a jump shot from mid falling where he can stop and pop, or for the other team to not defend him that way.

Because they played him perfect, took away his only strength offensively and he didn't have any confidence to try anything else offensively because he knows he doesn't have it.

Mentally you see where he was last night, they took away the drive, he kept trying it, they kept stopping it. He doesn't have a consistent jumper from mid so he never went for it after he was stopped, and instead became a drive and kick guy, which they started playing and it caused other issues.


Other teams will watch that clip of Ingram and start forcing him to have to shoot instead of leaving him on an island to get to the basket against single coverage of a big.

If other teams start consistently doing this to Ingram he's gonna need to start using that spot up three and working on that pull up jumper.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 657

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

Got scared of Porzingis yesterday. Several times, he changed his mind at the last moment and turned it over or made a bad pass after seeing Porzi waiting for him.
Not confident enough in his physical abilities yet to go at a guy like this I guess. It was quite obvious it was in his mind the all game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28477

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

Afrosho wrote:
Got scared of Porzingis yesterday. Several times, he changed his mind at the last moment and turned it over or made a bad pass after seeing Porzi waiting for him.
Not confident enough in his physical abilities yet to go at a guy like this I guess. It was quite obvious it was in his mind the all game.


He should pass that... no need to repeatedly challenge one of the longest player should in the league at the rim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 794

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Ingram struggling once teams take the middle away. This game thus far has been a blueprint on how to stop Ingram. If/when other teams start scouting/blueprinting him this way, his numbers and efficiency are going to start dropping till he fixes that jumper.


We'll see. If they haven't figured it out at this point I'm trying to figure out why it would start just now. 20+ games is an awfully long time to take to figure out the obvious.


"if they haven't figured it out by now"

They've been figuring it out just like Ingram's been figuring out his game.

Once he develops a constant source of effectiveness, teams will start scouting and blueprinting it.

That's why the 2nd year tells the story, cause teams start seeing what you do consistently and preparing for it.

That's what's happening.


They've been figuring it out yet he's had arguably his most effective stretch scoring over the last 10-11 games prior to last night?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 794

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Didnt get to see this game, so what I say here is in a bit of a vacuum:

Not too long ago the guy we want (PG13) had a 1-12 stinker; then after that a spectacular 2-17 crapper with 6 turnovers [if you are curious re "impact on other areas of game": PG 13did have 10 assists in one of those bad shooting games, and 8 rebounds in another; BI had in his crapper game tonight 7 rebounds and 5 assists ].

Not making excuses, just pointing out even veteran all stars can have real stinkers too. The real test to this is how BI responds.


He's not done having stinkers.. I don't think it's a big deal. But if he doesn't understand why he's having stinkers then it's a problem.

He probably would have 8 or 9 assists if our guys finished better around the basket.


That's the thing about BI, he seems to pick up on why he screws up and legitimately try and fix them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 794

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Until he can shoot, I expect more teams to start implementing the strategy the Knicks just used to shut him down.

The only real answer against that game plan for him is to either have a jump shot from mid falling where he can stop and pop, or for the other team to not defend him that way.

Because they played him perfect, took away his only strength offensively and he didn't have any confidence to try anything else offensively because he knows he doesn't have it.

Mentally you see where he was last night, they took away the drive, he kept trying it, they kept stopping it. He doesn't have a consistent jumper from mid so he never went for it after he was stopped, and instead became a drive and kick guy, which they started playing and it caused other issues.


Other teams will watch that clip of Ingram and start forcing him to have to shoot instead of leaving him on an island to get to the basket against single coverage of a big.

If other teams start consistently doing this to Ingram he's gonna need to start using that spot up three and working on that pull up jumper.


Well lord, then we can FINALLY have Randle as our first option and he can break out HIS jumper!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 9102
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Afrosho wrote:
Got scared of Porzingis yesterday. Several times, he changed his mind at the last moment and turned it over or made a bad pass after seeing Porzi waiting for him.
Not confident enough in his physical abilities yet to go at a guy like this I guess. It was quite obvious it was in his mind the all game.


He should pass that... no need to repeatedly challenge one of the longest player should in the league at the rim


Fwiw this season thus far BI has scored with ease over Rudy Gobert, Demarcus and Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Andre Drummond, Kevin Durant, Deandre Jordan, Joel Embiid, and Dwight Howard.

I expect BI to attack extra hard with revenge in his head when we play the Knicks next time in LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5518

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

I don't like the mentaility of "focus on what I'm good at" for Ingram. Playing the right way is almost more important than results for a young developing player. He needs to be taking EVERY open jumper PERIOD. He's starting to develop bad habits, and his style of play is also hurting the team.


Lopez is shooting 30.8% from three...not exactly Dirk thpe percentages....but he's attempting 6.5 threes per 36. Lonzo is shooting like trash but attempts 5.2 per 36.

Ingram is attempting 1.7 per 36. That's just a failure man. The coaching staff should be emphasizing that he takes more threes. I blame Luke honestly. A coach like Pop wouldn't let that fly. You play the right way or you sit. "I'll just drive until I learn to shoot." That's garbage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 10293

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
I don't like the mentaility of "focus on what I'm good at" for Ingram. Playing the right way is almost more important than results for a young developing player. He needs to be taking EVERY open jumper PERIOD. He's starting to develop bad habits, and his style of play is also hurting the team.


Lopez is shooting 30.8% from three...not exactly Dirk thpe percentages....but he's attempting 6.5 threes per 36. Lonzo is shooting like trash but attempts 5.2 per 36.

Ingram is attempting 1.7 per 36. That's just a failure man. The coaching staff should be emphasizing that he takes more threes. I blame Luke honestly. A coach like Pop wouldn't let that fly. You play the right way or you sit. "I'll just drive until I learn to shoot." That's garbage.


That's the worst part, he's taking less 3s than last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3677
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

video
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/941038499238699008

"The Knicks did a good job of packing the paint and throwing bodies (Porzingis, most notably) at Ingram when he got to the rim last night. After today’s practice in Cleveland, Ingram is spending extra time working on his pull-up J as a counter." Mike Trudell.

Should have made this a priority earlier but this is great news.. They're working on a resolution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3117

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Teams will look to shut him down as our primary scorer he will adjust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 496

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
video
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/941038499238699008

"The Knicks did a good job of packing the paint and throwing bodies (Porzingis, most notably) at Ingram when he got to the rim last night. After today’s practice in Cleveland, Ingram is spending extra time working on his pull-up J as a counter." Mike Trudell.

Should have made this a priority earlier but this is great news.. They're working on a resolution.


Can't expect these young guns to think like veterans. I mean, Luke himself isn't even a veteran coach. The types of games like the one last night really helps with individual development. Last season was hopeless because we set an NBA record for most 35 pts or more losses in a season. This year we are losing close games so individuals can point some blame at themselves for what went wrong to lose the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 3677
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
video
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/941038499238699008

"The Knicks did a good job of packing the paint and throwing bodies (Porzingis, most notably) at Ingram when he got to the rim last night. After today’s practice in Cleveland, Ingram is spending extra time working on his pull-up J as a counter." Mike Trudell.

Should have made this a priority earlier but this is great news.. They're working on a resolution.


Can't expect these young guns to think like veterans. I mean, Luke himself isn't even a veteran coach. The types of games like the one last night really helps with individual development. Last season was hopeless because we set an NBA record for most 35 pts or more losses in a season. This year we are losing close games so individuals can point some blame at themselves for what went wrong to lose the game.


I agree to an extent.. We aren't professional analysts on this site yet many saw this coming. I'm not one to dump on the coaching staff too much, but they should have already been on top of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 794

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
video
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/941038499238699008

"The Knicks did a good job of packing the paint and throwing bodies (Porzingis, most notably) at Ingram when he got to the rim last night. After today’s practice in Cleveland, Ingram is spending extra time working on his pull-up J as a counter." Mike Trudell.

Should have made this a priority earlier but this is great news.. They're working on a resolution.


Can't expect these young guns to think like veterans. I mean, Luke himself isn't even a veteran coach. The types of games like the one last night really helps with individual development. Last season was hopeless because we set an NBA record for most 35 pts or more losses in a season. This year we are losing close games so individuals can point some blame at themselves for what went wrong to lose the game.


I agree to an extent.. We aren't professional analysts on this site yet many saw this coming. I'm not one to dump on the coaching staff too much, but they should have already been on top of this.


I'm sure they have been expecting this, but Luke, like PJ before him, likes for his guys to be put in position to have to fail to learn through things on their own. I also think that they staff wants these guys progressing at their own pace right now for the sake of their own confidence. When developing 20, 21,22 year olds developing and keeping that confidence up can be just as big a part of development as actually getting the skills put together. Just ask Nick Anderson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 90616
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to imagine what a 25 year old Ingram will look like. He's such a baby at 20.
_________________
Plan A: PG13/LBJ/re-sign Jules/Brook (room ex.)
Plan B: PG13/re-sign Jules/punt rest of cap to 2019
Plan C: re-sign Jules/do not extend mediocre players to long term deals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 496

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm trying to imagine what a 25 year old Ingram will look like. He's such a baby at 20.


Right? I personally think he's progressing well with his game. I don't see a physical difference with the naked eye but he isn't getting knocked around as much as last season, so his strength has definitely improved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 927

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

back when kobe was playing. he would take one or two things and work on them during a whole summer. perfect his craft and then move on to the next part of his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 827, 828, 829 ... 1076, 1077, 1078  Next
Page 828 of 1078
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB