OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 828, 829, 830 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't able to watch the entire game, but I was watching highlights, how come BI had 26 after 3 quarters and didn't score again? Was the team not going to him in the 4th? Passiveness?
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Wasn't able to watch the entire game, but I was watching highlights, how come BI had 26 after 3 quarters and didn't score again? Was the team not going to him in the 4th? Passiveness?

it was a blur, but after Zo tweaked his ankle, we didn't play with the same pace
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Great game overall. He sorta disappeared in the 4th quarter but much better than his Knicks game.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:

BI played most of the 3rd, and was out early in the 4th.
when he came back, the Cavs were actively trying to deny him the ball - since he'd kind of torched them earlier.
combine that with a few of our guys getting 3ptr happy late in the game, and BI just didn't get the ball much.
he did pick up a few nice assists late in the 4th though when the Cavs were collapsing around him
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

when he came back, the Cavs were actively trying to deny him the ball - since he'd kind of torched them earlier.
combine that with a few of our guys getting 3ptr happy late in the game, and BI just didn't get the ball much.
he did pick up a few nice assists late in the 4th though when the Cavs were collapsing around him

Damn, did not watch the game but sounds like he’s almost there at 20.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Pretty damn accurate.
I got a little annoyed when guys got trigger happy from the 3 instead of giving him the ball and getting out of the way. It was very obvious that he was getting to the basket or getting to the free throw line at will. All while also being a willing passer. Clarkson and Randles back to back to back turnovers also had to do with the stagnant offense and eventual loss.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Damn, did not watch the game but sounds like he’s almost there at 20.

2 Years. 1 more year to add a little natural weight and 1 year to learn how to consistently knock down midrange shots. After that... watch out!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
BI almost got the youngest Triple Double last season. Maybe he'll have another good game in CLE.

I think he had 19, 10, and 9

He had 9/10/9, but close.

Always with the Analytics GT.

AFI was using the Eye Test: It LOOKED like he had 19!

I knew his stat line but thank you!

Whoops- tagged the wrong person.

You're a good sport AFI. My bad.

It's all love. Especially when the young guys are playing well.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Missed the game but seems like he was killing it???

He shot well.. I was more impressed with him looking like a second point guard out on the floor with Ball..

He didn't just shoot well, he cut well and didn't dominate the ball. He scored 26 in a way that allowed everyone else to get good looks as well. Easily the best offensive game of his career from a process standpoint, IMO.

That's beautiful to hear. It is likely that his style of play this year has been more a product of coaching (and front office) directive rather than natural inclination. Ingram wasn't a ball stopper last year. He'll figure it out as the season progresses. Last year we saw Ingram getting gradually better as the season progressed. If we see that again this year, it will probably be his decision making that is driving the growth. And hopefully that includes taking every open three.

Checking the highlights, it seems that he had a lot of success in pick and roll tonight as well. He scored several times and also got a few assists.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Missed the game but seems like he was killing it???

He shot well.. I was more impressed with him looking like a second point guard out on the floor with Ball..

He didn't just shoot well, he cut well and didn't dominate the ball. He scored 26 in a way that allowed everyone else to get good looks as well. Easily the best offensive game of his career from a process standpoint, IMO.

That's beautiful to hear. It is likely that his style of play this year has been more a product of coaching (and front office) directive rather than natural inclination. Ingram wasn't a ball stopper last year. He'll figure it out as the season progresses. Last year we saw Ingram getting gradually better as the season progressed. If we see that again this year, it will probably be his decision making that is driving the growth. And hopefully that includes taking every open three.

Checking the highlights, it seems that he had a lot of success in pick and roll tonight as well. He scored several times and also got a few assists.

GT dropping music to our ears...
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/joeyaramirez/status/941538051607506944

Probably the highlight play of the night, BI went under the screen and was still able to contest LeBron’s shot and then got the easy bucket off a hit ahead pass from Lonzo 🔥

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I think it's probably a good sign that level of competition isn't really a factor for Ingram's success. It's a sign that he can do things that can't really be stopped. The Warriors and Cavs are championship level teams, and Ingram has had All Star level performances against them. We'll see if that can continue in the upcoming 3 game stretch that is almost like a miniature playoff series.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Hehe....just have to say some of the reactions from game to game in this forum can be funny. After knicks game some wanted to trade BI. After this game its a complete reversal

Don't get me wrong, its not an accusation, but it is funny when you think about it

In any event, in BI I trust. I know he will have many more of these games to come, sprinkled in with a stinker here and there.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Probably the highlight play of the night, BI went under the screen and was still able to contest LeBron’s shot and then got the easy bucket off a hit ahead pass from Lonzo 🔥

that pass probably has Lebron salivating over the thought of running with Lonzo.

My favorite play from Ingram tonight was the broken play that resulted in the three pointer.

The defender bounced off of Ingram like a pinball, and Ingram didn't budge an inch. Then he took the open three with confidence. Ingram is clearly much stronger than he was last year. He's going to be a bully at the SF position if he can add 10-15 more pounds of muscle.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

The slim redeemer tonight after a bad outing the last game. Love the bounce back.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Pretty damn accurate.
I got a little annoyed when guys got trigger happy from the 3 instead of giving him the ball and getting out of the way. It was very obvious that he was getting to the basket or getting to the free throw line at will. All while also being a willing passer. Clarkson and Randles back to back to back turnovers also had to do with the stagnant offense and eventual loss.

Kuzma pissed me off the 4th
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
12 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Pretty damn accurate.

Kuzma pissed me off the 4th

I'm not sure how you coach guys to be aggressive without having tunnel vision. With young prospects they really have trouble finding balance.

How do you get him to pass when appropriate without getting in his head and having him second guess every decision, and pass up open opportunities? He definitely missed Ingram on a PnR where Ingram was wide open.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

that pass probably has Lebron salivating over the thought of running with Lonzo.

My favorite play from Ingram tonight was the broken play that resulted in the three pointer.

The defender bounced off of Ingram like a pinball, and Ingram didn't budge an inch. Then he took the open three with confidence. Ingram is clearly much stronger than he was last year. He's going to be a bully at the SF position if he can add 10-15 more pounds of muscle.

What stood out to me looking at the highlights is how Brandon slowed down his attack to the basket to be more controlled. Usually he just charges with a full head of steam to get to the hoop but a number of his drives were more methodical with a change of direction / speed when needed and the defender was unsure what to do. Frankly looked masterful to me.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

With him getting more and more consistent at the three, he’s going to be damn near unstoppable.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

While he wins 35 games? Probably not.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dao wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Blah blah blah LeBron is not dumb and he knows that Lonzo is developing. Our roster will look completely different next year. Wins totals are not important. Development is.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
MJST wrote:
dao wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Blah blah blah LeBron is not dumb and he knows that Lonzo is developing. Our roster will look completely different next year. Wins totals are not important. Development is.

Bron isn't going to trust Lonzo and Ingram's 3pt/off-ball capabilities without them proving it. He's not coming without a heap of off-ball weapons to surround him. Not coming
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:

Nice. That dude got bodied by the tiny dog lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

I've moved off of LBJ. More curious about the future trio of Lonzo/PG13/BI.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've moved off of LBJ. More curious about the future trio of Lonzo/PG13/BI.

Don't give up on LeBron yet... he's too great to not want.

But PG alone is a huge addition. Now, if we can also get Cousins, whew.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 828, 829, 830 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 829 of 1885
Jump to: