OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 898, 899, 900 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG, 1.6 APG, 2.0 STL, 0.6 BLK
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG, 2.9 APG, 1.0 STL, 1.2 BLK
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG, 1.8 APG. 1.2 SPG, 1.0 BPG
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.2 STL, 0.7 BLK
Ingram: 16.9 PPG (52.5% TS), 5.7 RPG, 3.6 APG, 0.9 STL, 0.8 BLK

Man, I'm trying not to get to excited based on that simply stat snapshot but.... BI is clearly on a special trajectory. If he keeps working and improving the shots he;'s going to be a great one.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Excerpt from an article on Ingram.. It's kinda long so I pasted this section with what I thought was interesting. I always thought he would struggle initially with his shooting to start this season since his hot mechanics were adjusted. This pretty much confirms why he struggled to start the season, and why it's starting to look better.

Article..
Lakers assistant coach Brian Keefe—who Durant said "taught me everything I know" while Keefe was an Oklahoma City assistant coach for a young Durant—pushed Ingram at the end of last season to shorten his stroke over the summer.

"My arm is so long, I kind of shoot over my head sometimes," Ingram said. "So he tried to have me come in every day and do form shooting. I did that for maybe a whole month so I could shoot the ball the right way. And then we did it step-by-step, each and every day, and eventually I got to a point where I felt comfortable shooting the ball the right way."

A more compact shot with better foot balance and a less involved left hand was the result entering this season.

Ingram, though, admitted it has only been the past few weeks that he finally reached a point where he wasn't thinking about his mechanics in game situations. That's why Ingram has steadfastly refused to shoot three-pointers this season unless they are form-friendly catch-and-shoot chances.

He won't dribble into a three-point shot. He hasn't all season. Not a single contested three with a defender within two feet all season either.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180116-ingrams-drive?cid=tw

That's cool. If BI was refusing to shoot in game because it'd mess up his stroke that he's practicing, then maybe I shouldn't have been complaining
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

He was still shooting over his head all season.. which, he's right is not the right form for him
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Excerpt from an article on Ingram.. It's kinda long so I pasted this section with what I thought was interesting. I always thought he would struggle initially with his shooting to start this season since his hot mechanics were adjusted. This pretty much confirms why he struggled to start the season, and why it's starting to look better.

Article..
Lakers assistant coach Brian Keefe—who Durant said "taught me everything I know" while Keefe was an Oklahoma City assistant coach for a young Durant—pushed Ingram at the end of last season to shorten his stroke over the summer.

"My arm is so long, I kind of shoot over my head sometimes," Ingram said. "So he tried to have me come in every day and do form shooting. I did that for maybe a whole month so I could shoot the ball the right way. And then we did it step-by-step, each and every day, and eventually I got to a point where I felt comfortable shooting the ball the right way."

A more compact shot with better foot balance and a less involved left hand was the result entering this season.

Ingram, though, admitted it has only been the past few weeks that he finally reached a point where he wasn't thinking about his mechanics in game situations. That's why Ingram has steadfastly refused to shoot three-pointers this season unless they are form-friendly catch-and-shoot chances.

He won't dribble into a three-point shot. He hasn't all season. Not a single contested three with a defender within two feet all season either.

That's cool. If BI was refusing to shoot in game because it'd mess up his stroke that he's practicing, then maybe I shouldn't have been complaining

To you and Kiroe's credit I think I recall you guys mentioning how his stroke is different when he has to shoot from long range. This article explains why. But yea I think you guys were a little too hard on him lol.. I always chalked it up as him trying to acclimate to the adjustments.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
tox wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Article..

To you and Kiroe's credit I think I recall you guys mentioning how his stroke is different when he has to shoot from long range. This article explains why. But yea I think you guys were a little too hard on him lol.. I always chalked it up as him trying to acclimate to the adjustments.

Call me an empiricist. I'm skeptical until I see results
Glad that BI's proving me wrong. Hope he can keep it up. 36% from 3 on increased volume would be a dream (I was hoping for 33-34% this season). Though I'll admit the FT% scares me a little bit.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Most players don't take that long to stick to a new form - to succeeed with it though, ya.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Yea I'll have to admit the FT% annoys me a bit.. seems to be more of a mental issue than anything else.

I'm thinking he can up it to somewhere around 75% by mid next season.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with BI not throwing up a lot of 3s until he's comfortable. He's working on a lot of aspects of the game right now and missing a lot of 3s would probably throw it all out of whack. He'll start shooting more when he's comfortable. And it will be awesome.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
the interesting thing to me is the assists. Ingram tops the list here easily at age 20. Batum/Durant went on to average close to 6 assists per game in their primes. I think we'll see Ingram at 6+ apg one day.

Also, it's fair to note that Ingram's BPM is lower than everyone else on the list, by a wide margin. His BPM will start going up though if he maintains the level of play we've seen in the last five games.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's Per 36 numbers over the last five games.

22.3 points
7.4 rebounds
5.6 assists
4.1 TO
67.9 TS%

He has played at an all star level, basically.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Kuz officially nicknames BI "Slenderman"
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Ingram's Per 36 numbers over the last five games.

22.3 points
7.4 rebounds
5.6 assists
4.1 TO
67.9 TS%

He has played at an all star level, basically.

Yup. Eye opening stuff. The question now is whether it is sustainable.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Thank you.
Hopefully we can get asst%, reb%, etc besides just the raw numbers. I'll get it later if no one else does.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

^Here you go....

Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 STL (2.9%), 0.6 BLK (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 STL (1.5%), 1.2 BLK (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 STL (1.7%), 0.7 BLK (1.4%)
Ingram: 16.9 PPG (52.5% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 3.6 APG (15.1%), 0.9 STL (1.1%), 0.8 BLK (1.7%)

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Consistency is the name of thee game, that and winning
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one who actually REALLY likes Slenderman as a nickname for BI?

The instagram stories Kuz and Zo post are priceless. Kuzma nearly a millionaire and rocking the same stained Nike fleece for three days.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Here you go....

Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 STL (2.9%), 0.6 BLK (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 STL (1.5%), 1.2 BLK (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 STL (1.7%), 0.7 BLK (1.4%)
Ingram: 16.9 PPG (52.5% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 3.6 APG (15.1%), 0.9 STL (1.1%), 0.8 BLK (1.7%)

Thank you!
Not too shabby.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

*Brandon GQ article:

The Real-Life Diet of Brandon Ingram, the NBA's Most Talented Beanpole

Quote:
After an up-and-down rookie season playing for a franchise plunging headlong into the post-Kobe Bryant, Brandon Ingram is reminding the world why the Lakers made him the second overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft.

https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-brandon-ingram/amp
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:

The instagram stories Kuz and Zo post are priceless. Kuzma nearly a millionaire and rocking the same stained Nike fleece for three days.

Dead on. Plus Kuz gave it to him so it's legit.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

* Nice article by Ding:

INGRAM'S SCORING DRIVE COMES FOREMOST FROM INSIDE

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180116-ingrams-drive
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
* Nice article by Ding:

INGRAM'S SCORING DRIVE COMES FOREMOST FROM INSIDE

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180116-ingrams-drive

Yep good read.. posted it a link to it a page back.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:

Slenderman sounds like c rate action hero.. There's just nothing cool about it in my opinion lol..
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Slenderman sounds like c rate action hero.. There's just nothing cool about it in my opinion lol..

Did you watch the Instagram post?
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Yeah, as a BI stan, I'm not down with Slenderman.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Did you watch the Instagram post?

lol I saw the lil poster, didn't watch the video though. I know the guys like to crack jokes on each other.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 898, 899, 900 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 899 of 1885
Jump to: