OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 903, 904, 905 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

It's like we're only allowed to have one young player play well at a time. I'm anxiously waiting for the day when Kuz and BI go off in the same game, WITH Lonzo healthy finally...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
I'm disappointed with BI's play last few games, but switching him onto Kyrie was a good move that we can use from time to time.

He's clearly hobbled.. I wouldn't expect much until he's healthy.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
Dude was ballin before his ankle injury but he's slowed down since then. He'll be back

Yea.. this seems pretty obvious.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Seems like every time BI or Lonzo get going, string together some promising games they get injured
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

They gotta get tiny back on track Friday.

I’d suggest an adderall 15 before tip and have the other starters look for him early like we used to with Bynum. He usually plays really good when he gets off to a good start.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Ingram frustrates me a bit when he shoots contested mid range jumpers out of the high post. Don't think he really shot any tonight, but he took an awful contested 20 footer in a crucial possession, which we were lucky to get back due to the activity of Randle.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

ramirezmu8 wrote:
Dude was ballin before his ankle injury but he's slowed down since then. He'll be back

Yep. He's not right at the moment. Doesn't seem as explosive or quick to me. Prior to his injury he had 20+ points in 3 of 4 games.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject:

that block on Kyrie was sweet
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

He is obviously still affected by that injury. You can see it in his every step. He is much slower than before injury.
Just after AS break hope we will have fully healthy squad to make final run.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The most annoying play last night was when he cut baseline under the basket, and Brook gave him the ball. Instead of stopping pump faking and going up with a lay-up, he dribbles out to take a turn-around fade. It was GLARINGLY bad watching it again on my dvr because even Marcus Smart thought Ingram would go up underneath the basket. Anybody who has played ball knows you should do that, that's why Marcus jumped to challenge, but Ingram dribbles out, so Smart lands on his feet, follows him out and jumpes AGAIN to challenge his turn-around fade. Smart jumped TWICE in that sequence. LOL!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Injury is slowing him down, but this is why he needs a jumper more than ever. If you're banged up and can't attack the rim, you need a fall back option. Plus, it's probably better for your body long term to have a variety of scoring options.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Injury is slowing him down, but this is why he needs a jumper more than ever. If you're banged up and can't attack the rim, you need a fall back option. Plus, it's probably better for your body long term to have a variety of scoring options.

He could also just not take those contested mid range jumpers.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is a natural team player and is always playing within the system and do many little things for the team. That’s his strength, not weakness in my opinion. He is not a great scorer yet but is improving in this area too.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
The most annoying play last night was when he cut baseline under the basket, and Brook gave him the ball. Instead of stopping pump faking and going up with a lay-up, he dribbles out to take a turn-around fade. It was GLARINGLY bad watching it again on my dvr because even Marcus Smart thought Ingram would go up underneath the basket. Anybody who has played ball knows you should do that, that's why Marcus jumped to challenge, but Ingram dribbles out, so Smart lands on his feet, follows him out and jumpes AGAIN to challenge his turn-around fade. Smart jumped TWICE in that sequence. LOL!

Yeah that was horrendous. Everyone that watched it in real time knew it was a dumb play. I hope our amazing coaches show him that tape multiple times.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yeah that was horrendous. Everyone that watched it in real time knew it was a dumb play. I hope our amazing coaches show him that tape multiple times.

"No, Brandon. No!"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Ingram is a natural team player and is always playing within the system and do many little things for the team. That’s his strength, not weakness in my opinion. He is not a great scorer yet but is improving in this area too.

I agree and that's why handing him the ball in crunch time on multiple possessions almost cost us the game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Sina wrote:

I agree and that's why handing him the ball in crunch time on multiple possessions almost cost us the game.

Lol.. Ingram wastes so much of the shot clock just dribbling almost every time he gets the ball.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Sina wrote:

Lol.. Ingram wastes so much of the shot clock just dribbling almost every time he gets the ball.

I got mixed feelings, its to get him acclimated into being a future closer while this season is meaningless but at the cost of giving touches to a potential allstar in Kuzma. I don't like how the ball always seems to stick with almost everyone but Ball, guess it could be a coaching issue or just plain dumbness. I don't know.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
PG13 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Sina wrote:

I got mixed feelings, its to get him acclimated into being a future closer while this season is meaningless but at the cost of giving touches to a potential allstar in Kuzma. I don't like how the ball always seems to stick with almost everyone but Ball, guess it could be a coaching issue or just plain dumbness. I don't know.

Kuzz is a quick decision maker. He either shoots, drives, or passes. Kind of like he already has a plan before the ball gets to him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

His performance lately has been very disappointing. If he has an injury then sit out until it is healed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Sina wrote:

That was a real head scratcher, there is over a minute and a half left and you are killing the clock?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to BI for making the rising stars game!!!
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Congrats to BI for making the rising stars game!!!

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Ingram did plenty of not so nice things last night, but he had a few nice plays too. I missed it initially, but that second half kick out from beneath the basket to KCP for three was a thing of beauty. Very smooth, heads up play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 903, 904, 905 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 904 of 1885
Jump to: