OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 951, 952, 953 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

Seeing more and more spot ups being run for him, but most importantly above all else, him TAKING THEM when they are open.

This is very important.

Spot ups were where he's shown improvement in his shot all season, so it's nice to see him get those opportunities more, but not just get them, but TAKE them once he's gotten them.

The numbers have and will continue to back that up.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject:

It's good to see him shooting better from 3, but it's still only 1.7 per game. I want this number to go up, even if it's getting better lately (3 the last 5 games)...
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Loving his three ball, and that he’s taking it with confidence.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
His 3pt % this season is now 39.3

From 29% to 39%. Pretty remarkable.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Yep. He has a LONG ways to go both defensively and with his handles and with his overall strength, but he is really progressing.

Really proud of the young fella. He’s quiet, does the work and cares about the game...he’s a definite year 3 breakout candidate.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Something I'd like to see Brandon develop is both a running stop and jump stop off the dribble. I'm not sure I've ever seen him do either. Once he gathers the ball on his way to the rim you know he's going straight up, there's no turning back. This is a simple fix and more of an awareness issue that can keep him from getting his layups blocked so often. He doesn't have many countermoves in general.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
It's good to see him shooting better from 3, but it's still only 1.7 per game. I want this number to go up, even if it's getting better lately (3 the last 5 games)...

I mean he went almost the the first 40 games either shooting one or no threes a game haha.

He's starting to shoot them now but even if he starts shootimg 6-7 a game it'll be a while until his attempts per game average goes up
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:

I mean he went almost the the first 40 games either shooting one or no threes a game haha.

He's starting to shoot them now but even if he starts shootimg 6-7 a game it'll be a while until his attempts per game average goes up
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

I'm loving the volume recently too. 14 attempts over the last 4 games, making 10 ( ).

He took just 8 attempts in the previous 8 games, making 1. I hope he keeps taking them, this is what I've been dying to see.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Vin wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Yep. He has a LONG ways to go both defensively and with his handles and with his overall strength, but he is really progressing.

Really proud of the young fella. He’s quiet, does the work and cares about the game...he’s a definite year 3 breakout candidate.

The recent 2 week trend is usually typical of a high upside player at the end of his 3rd year.

I have never seen a player develop so quickly.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I'm loving the volume recently too. 14 attempts over the last 4 games, making 10 ( ).

He took just 8 attempts in the previous 8 games, making 1. I hope he keeps taking them, this is what I've been dying to see.

Same here. Take atleast 5/Game
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I'm glad the volume is up.

I'm especially happy that it's straight catch and shoot, and open.

BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Ingram is so talented.

FO better not ever trade him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I'm glad the volume is up.

I'm especially happy that it's straight catch and shoot, and open.

He’s definitely knocking down those open shots. I’m more comfortable on his 3ball when it’s catch and shoot. It will be essential when those game changer comes to the mix next year. His game is still a work progress though just like his body. He can take contacts now though unlike last year but it’s really slowing him down.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Jump-stopping into more of his shots lately, which is great to see. I still don't love these mid-range pull-ups out of pick & rolls, and part of his incredible efficiency lately has been him NOT taking as many of these, but this is the right way to shoot them for him.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jump-stopping into more of his shots lately, which is great to see. I still don't love these mid-range pull-ups out of pick & rolls, and part of his incredible efficiency lately has been him NOT taking as many of these, but this is the right way to shoot them for him.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26DMZzcqssW2u3ffq/giphy.gif

He need to make those as his bread and butter though because that will be very hard to guard in the long run. But just like his free throws, it’s still a work progress so to speak.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

^it's reassuring to know that's in his repertoire and it looks easy. Now I'm just curious how/if his role changes. I expect IT to get considerably more PG time. I'm guessing that Lonzo isn't too far from getting back onto the court either.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He need to make those as his bread and butter though because that will be very hard to guard in the long run. But just like his free throws, it’s still a work progress so to speak.

He does not need to make those his bread and butter. The league shoots like 39-40% on pull-up 2's. He shoots 35.2% on them. Both of those are awful, and they're only worth 2 points. That's why teams let him (and most players) have that shot.

His bread and butter should be driving to the basket on the ball and kicking it out if he can't get all the way there, and catch & shoot 3's or cuts to the basket off of the ball. His bread and butter should be things that actually score points in this league at an efficient rate.

Part of why he's scoring efficiently lately is because more of his shots are at the rim or behind the line, with less of them coming from mid range.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^it's reassuring to know that's in his repertoire and it looks easy. Now I'm just curious how/if his role changes. I expect IT to get considerably more PG time. I'm guessing that Lonzo isn't too far from getting back onto the court either.

Really unhappy about IT taking BI's reps.
BI needs lots of reps handling the ball, attacking, shooting etc.
Of course, unless IT can help lead the way to the playoffs, but hard to believe his defense can be acceptable.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

Look at this catch & shoot corner 3 with zero hesitation. It's so beautiful.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CRoost wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He does not need to make those his bread and butter. The league shoots like 39-40% on pull-up 2's. He shoots 35.2% on them. Both of those are awful, and they're only worth 2 points. That's why teams let him (and most players) have that shot.

His bread and butter should be driving to the basket on the ball, and catch & shoot 3's or cuts to the basket off of the ball. His bread and butter should be things that actually score points in this league at an efficient rate.

Part of why he's scoring efficiently lately is because more of his shots are at the rim or behind the line, with less of them coming from mid range.

Lol the average players don’t have his length. If he can develop physically like Lebron or Giannis then he can keep going at the rim. I ain’t worried if the stats says it’s not an efficient shot, I’m more concern if Untouchable can actually pick teams apart with his midrange.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

I personally feel that you take the shots you feel comfortable taking... because those give you the best chance of making them. So if he's only comfortable taking 2-3 three pointers a game right now, he shouldn't force more.

I obviously understand shot efficiency etc.

But making shots (whatever they are) = more confidence = other facets of your game getting a boos like activity, defense and passing.

To me, BI is doing everything he needs to do really well right now other than getting his FT percentage up. You wish he'd be more physical around the rim... but he needs to bulk for that.

Everything is going in the right direction though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Ingram is now shooting 39% from 3
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Lol the average players don’t have his length. If he can develop physically like Lebron or Giannis then he can keep going at the rim. I ain’t worried if the stats says it’s not an efficient shot, I’m more concern if Untouchable can actually pick teams apart with his midrange.

Then have fun watching him run into the same brick wall over and over again. As though his length has anything to do with him making mid range pull-ups.

He's more than doubled his catch & shoot attempts while cutting his pull-up attempts in half in the last 4 games, which has not-so-concidentally been when he's been absolutely killing it. So stubborn.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

His recent development makes everything else about IT white noise to me. If he continues this play for the rest of the season (along with Lonzo, Kuz, and Hart), win or lose, THIS is the story of the second half and our future would be burning brighter than ever.

The version of BI that can shoot and playmake like this, combined with his already strong slashing game, at the age of 20 and still only weighing a buck ninety? That's a top 5 prospect in the NBA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 951, 952, 953 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 952 of 1885
Jump to: