OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

He needs to always play defense like this.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

His best defensive game imo. He got his hands on so many balls.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Seems like he rarely has bad games anymore, kid is improving every month.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

That was a great game from him defensively
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Superstar. Thats all.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

It is obvious he is a tremendous talent and he is figuring out how to play efficiently and maximize his strengths now.

And he is a baby age wise, Lakers have a gem here.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

He has been playing really long minutes for a long time. This little break let him get some of that quickness and energy back. I also loved how he was calling out defensive and offensive plays/coverage in the first quarter ala GT's excellent video above.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

BI is only 20 years old. He's gonna be a problem for a long time.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
He has been playing really long minutes for a long time. This little break let him get some of that quickness and energy back. I also loved how he was calling out defensive and offensive plays/coverage in the first quarter ala GT's excellent video above.

Yes and I really hope Luke takes it easy with his minutes for the rest of the season given he's a skinny 20 year old kid playing against grown men. BI has no fear so he'll keep going at guys long as he's out there.

Would say 30 minutes is the sweet spot.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Superstar. Thats all.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Tonight was one of my favorite games from BI. Didn’t force things offensively, used his length defensively. 6-9 from the field for 15 points (1-1 from 3, 2-2 FTS) 9 rebounds 2 Steals 3 blocks. He had a few turnovers and they weren’t all good calls either.

That’s the type of player he can be, efficient and doing work on both sides of the ball. Love it.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Superstar. Thats all.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

16ppg for a 2nd year 20 year old that some people want to get rid of just to have LeBron and a stacked team for a couple seasons, isn't bad. I've been saying all season to Keep all of the young guys and go all in on George... if LeBron wants to come he can, if not we retain a 20/10/5 player by the name of Julius.
Can you imagine the length of Ingram, George, and Ball out on the perimeter? You guys saw Ingram tonight against the Mavs how he imposed his length and athleticism. Imagine a Taller, Higher IQ KCP playing next to our young guys. If we manage to land George I can see us winning 5 titles once BI and Zo are in their primes playing alongside elite role players in Randle, Hart, Kuzma, and George.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
16ppg for a 2nd year 20 year old that some people want to get rid of just to have LeBron and a stacked team for a couple seasons, isn't bad. I've been saying all season to Keep all of the young guys and go all in on George... if LeBron wants to come he can, if not we retain a 20/10/5 player by the name of Julius.
Can you imagine the length of Ingram, George, and Ball out on the perimeter? You guys saw Ingram tonight against the Mavs how he imposed his length and athleticism. Imagine a Taller, Higher IQ KCP playing next to our young guys. If we manage to land George I can see us winning 5 titles once BI and Zo are in their primes playing alongside elite role players in Randle, Hart, Kuzma, and George.

Only five, huh?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

1st game with IT where they had BI continue in that PG role even when IT was on the floor. Glad to see it. I believe It's best self on this team is playing off the ball running off screens and being on the move so he can either get a running start or attack a scrambling D. IT doest have the burst yet, so thats a good adjustment... while keeping Ingram in a role he has thieves in and which will continue to nurture his development. Was concerned the ball.would be taken out of Ingrams hands with IT around... was the case those first three games. But glad to see that reversed course for this game at least.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
1st game with IT where they had BI continue in that PG role even when IT was on the floor. Glad to see it. I believe It's best self on this team is playing off the ball running off screens and being on the move so he can either get a running start or attack a scrambling D. IT doest have the burst yet, so thats a good adjustment... while keeping Ingram in a role he has thieves in and which will continue to nurture his development. Was concerned the ball.would be taken out of Ingrams hands with IT around... was the case those first three games. But glad to see that reversed course for this game at least.

like Ocean's 11 thieves, or Ali Baba's??

BI did register a few steals, so..............
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

With Ball on limited minutes and no back to backs, BI should remain as the starting PG. I actually would not mind if the Lakers keep that starting lineup. It has unleashed BI and the defense looks better with Hart in the lineup.

No reason to rush Ball especially from a knee injury.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I had given up the idea of Ingram being Kirilenko like defensively.. It's starting to look possible.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

His timing on defense is improving every week.
I love that he’s not a one dimensional player. He has an all around game and it’s constantly improving.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Tonight was one of my favorite games from BI. Didn’t force things offensively, used his length defensively. 6-9 from the field for 15 points (1-1 from 3, 2-2 FTS) 9 rebounds 2 Steals 3 blocks. He had a few turnovers and they weren’t all good calls either.

That’s the type of player he can be, efficient and doing work on both sides of the ball. Love it.

Mine too. I think this is the best version of him, stylistically.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

BI looks refreshed

Heck last night he even looked strong. He is really starting to come into his own and is finding his mid range game.

Love how he is figuring it and even though he is playing PG his play making skills are still developing. I think that will come as he continues to see the court better.

He and Randle are guys that can switch onto any position and be effective. BI is getting much better at this and both of them should really be tough next year.

With BI, Randle, Ball, Hart an Zubac we have a strong defensive team that can rebound with anyone. I would like to see that lineup on the floor to see how they play together. You could also sub Kuzma for Hart and let BI play the 2.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

re: BI's length, lateral quickness, and speed defensively. I've seen him make Russ Westbrook shoot an airball due to BI's 9'2" standing reach go go gadget arms. Last night, even with a reported 48" vert, Dennis Smith Jr didn't score once on BI.

I'd like for Luke to show BI some old Scottie Pippen defensive vids. Prime Pip was one of the greatest defensive players I've ever seen. I think BI has the physical tools to be a beast defender.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
re: BI's length, lateral quickness, and speed defensively. I've seen him make Russ Westbrook shoot an airball due to BI's 9'2" standing reach go go gadget arms. Last night, even with a reported 48" vert, Dennis Smith Jr didn't score once on BI.

I'd like for Luke to show BI some old Scottie Pippen defensive vids. Prime Pip was one of the greatest defensive players I've ever seen. I think BI has the physical tools to be a beast defender.

BI definitely has potential to be a good defensive player but let's calm down on the comparisons. Pippen was one of the best defenders of all time, he's got those cat like quicks that BI just doesn't have, plus the same freakish length. Look at this footage of rookie Pippen in the playoffs, he was already covering loads of ground on defense and becoming a menace on the break. That is like BI type length with Shawn Marion type bounce with light feet too.

BI to me is a far more natural offensive player than defensive player. If he can learn to use his length effectively he can be very disruptive on that end but I don't see him to be a shutdown one on one defender.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 969 of 1885
Jump to: