OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 969, 970, 971 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

yeah...he has potential
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

If we get better FAs I think with a reduced offensive load he will continue racking up numbers across the board.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

Pippen on defense was like combining the strength of Randle and Ingram.

Closest thing to Pippen is PG.
GP1_KB24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

This kid is amazing and we should be prepared to offer him a max contract. It amazes me Laker fans aren't higher on him.

Month of February:
19PPG, 5.3 APG, 4.4 RPG
54% FG - 57% 3PT FG - 78% FT

He's younger than every rookie of the year canidate. His season stats are comparable to what PG13, Hayward, Butler, etc. did in their 4-6th years. He's also been a fantastic defender.

Yet... everyone loves Kuzma. Now on the season Ingram shoots less, averages more points, assists, and has a better FG and 3PT FG% than Kuzma. He's also younger.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Making tremendous strides this year
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
re: BI's length, lateral quickness, and speed defensively. I've seen him make Russ Westbrook shoot an airball due to BI's 9'2" standing reach go go gadget arms. Last night, even with a reported 48" vert, Dennis Smith Jr didn't score once on BI.

I'd like for Luke to show BI some old Scottie Pippen defensive vids. Prime Pip was one of the greatest defensive players I've ever seen. I think BI has the physical tools to be a beast defender.

BI definitely has potential to be a good defensive player but let's calm down on the comparisons. Pippen was one of the best defenders of all time, he's got those cat like quicks that BI just doesn't have, plus the same freakish length. Look at this footage of rookie Pippen in the playoffs, he was already covering loads of ground on defense and becoming a menace on the break. That is like BI type length with Shawn Marion type bounce with light feet too.

BI to me is a far more natural offensive player than defensive player. If he can learn to use his length effectively he can be very disruptive on that end but I don't see him to be a shutdown one on one defender.

I'm not comparing the two. Pip is a top 50 player; BI isn't even an all star yet. I'm saying BI should watch tape on how Pip played defense and add to his game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
re: BI's length, lateral quickness, and speed defensively. I've seen him make Russ Westbrook shoot an airball due to BI's 9'2" standing reach go go gadget arms. Last night, even with a reported 48" vert, Dennis Smith Jr didn't score once on BI.

I'd like for Luke to show BI some old Scottie Pippen defensive vids. Prime Pip was one of the greatest defensive players I've ever seen. I think BI has the physical tools to be a beast defender.

BI definitely has potential to be a good defensive player but let's calm down on the comparisons. Pippen was one of the best defenders of all time, he's got those cat like quicks that BI just doesn't have, plus the same freakish length. Look at this footage of rookie Pippen in the playoffs, he was already covering loads of ground on defense and becoming a menace on the break. That is like BI type length with Shawn Marion type bounce with light feet too.

BI to me is a far more natural offensive player than defensive player. If he can learn to use his length effectively he can be very disruptive on that end but I don't see him to be a shutdown one on one defender.

I'm not comparing the two. Pip is a top 50 player; BI isn't even an all star yet. I'm saying BI should watch tape on how Pip played defense and add to his game.

I always find it weird when people accuse you of making a comparison as a reflexive response.. without really looking at the substance of what's being communicated.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Smh at you
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Ingram jersey spotted at Duke game in the student section.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

I always find it weird when people accuse you of making a comparison as a reflexive response.. without really looking at the substance of what's being communicated.

Right. I’ve never understood that.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Anyone remember what was said the night we drafted Ingram?

Based on analytics, he has the best chance of playing at all-star level in his first 5 years from that class.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Really liked him as a playmaker tonight, thought he made the right read a really high percentage of the time. Thought he struggled a bit defensively navigating screens though.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

This happens in the opposite direction as well. (Batum)
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

He needs to work on his conditioning.

He gets tired at times during games. Has all the tools to dominate. Love his progression so far
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

This kid can do it all! He is going to be an amazing player before its all said and done.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Needs to let more 3s fly.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

👆🏽🙀
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Really liked him as a playmaker tonight, thought he made the right read a really high percentage of the time. Thought he struggled a bit defensively navigating screens though.

He has turned into a real stabilizing force when he's on the floor. It wasn't like that at the beginning of the season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
ingle wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

At times yea.. Even outside of sports and this site.. I'm always like wth when people do it.. I was speaking in general not so much what happens on this site.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Remember BI blocked KD's shoot before the 3pt line last year as a rookie and stole the ball from KD this year in the of 4qt of one of the games. Love this guy playing "D"
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He has turned into a real stabilizing force when he's on the floor. It wasn't like that at the beginning of the season.

The overpenetration and getting his shot blocked or forcing up a wild shot has been GREATLY reduced, and there's a lot less ball-stopping.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The overpenetration and getting his shot blocked or forcing up a wild shot has been GREATLY reduced, and there's a lot less ball-stopping.

He's going to look even better when Ball is cleared to play without a minutes restriction.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

i m starting to think that maybe he is a great point forward after all
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

if lopez didnt brick shot after shot he would have has double digit assists
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
if lopez didnt brick shot after shot he would have has double digit assists

A lot of guys missed shots on his kick outs.. He probably ends up with at least 13 assists tonight with better shooting around him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 969, 970, 971 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 970 of 1885
Jump to: