OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 974, 975, 976 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
I posted at all star break about the kid being fatigued and how he had so much energy at Duke. It’s started for him. Can’t wait to see tiny dawg develop into big dawg. Getting a BI city edition jersey fosho

Agreed, city edition is 🔥. Str8 Mamba. I’ll wait for the summer to complete the whole lineup. But I’ll get BI sometime soon.

Where can you buy City edition jerseys online? Can't seem to find them on NBAstore
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“He’s not as bouncy but when he unravels his body to finish at the rim man he can do it from all over the court…His ability to get into certain creases is really a special talent and that is really the same talent Giannis has in Milwaukee.”

- David Fizdale on @B_Ingram13

Quote:
“They all kinda fit that same template. These young 6’10” handlers who can bring the ball up the court and could post…When he can just stand there and make a shot consistently. He is going to be dangerous.”

- David Fizdale on @B_Ingram13

Agreed that BI is not as athletic as Giannis is now- he is only 20 he will bulk up- but what is amazing is that BI is already at 20 a far superior shooter. His shooting will only get better.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr. F, agreed. Imo that’s why Fizdale prefaced with “he’s not as bouncy.”

Ingram’s path to superstar, elite is his shooting. That’s what will make or break him in terms of the NBA’s true elite.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

I didn't even notice to be honest. But my son was like, "dad, that's Ingram. That's Brandon Ingram..."

Great job raising a Lakers fan. I assume you guys were at the movies and saw the Slenderman poster. jk

My daughter loved Lin when he was on the Lakers. She likes Lonzo right now (and DLO before).

My son knows all the Lakers somehow and likes Shaq a lot.

when my daughter was younger, we would take her to Magic games, and when they played the Lakers, we always dressed her in P'nG....but as she approached becoming a teen, she had no interest in going to "basketball" games in recent years. This year, she attended some Magic games with her friends, and she asked me if I was going to any games this season....I told her I would probably only attend the Lakers game. She asked me to get a couple extra tickets for her and a friend. On the day of the game, they went to the mall to get shirts for the game. I assumed she was a Magic fan with her friends.....then as we were leaving for the game, she walked out of her bedroom in P'nG!

I was proud....she tried to play it off saying her mom told her I probably would not allow her to ride with me to game if she wore Magic gear....but I could sense that she understood that this family only supports one NBA team.

During the game, when she was not looking for Justin Bieber (who was supposedly attending game), she was inquiring about different players. At it's conclusion, she decided that her favorite players were Ingram and Clarkson......a few days later I had to explain to her that going forward, Ingram was now her sole favorite player.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

I didn't even notice to be honest. But my son was like, "dad, that's Ingram. That's Brandon Ingram..."

Great job raising a Lakers fan. I assume you guys were at the movies and saw the Slenderman poster. jk

My daughter loved Lin when he was on the Lakers. She likes Lonzo right now (and DLO before).

when my daughter was younger, we would take her to Magic games, and when they played the Lakers, we always dressed her in P'nG....but as she approached becoming a teen, she had no interest in going to "basketball" games in recent years. This year, she attended some Magic games with her friends, and she asked me if I was going to any games this season....I told her I would probably only attend the Lakers game. She asked me to get a couple extra tickets for her and a friend. On the day of the game, they went to the mall to get shirts for the game. I assumed she was a Magic fan with her friends.....then as we were leaving for the game, she walked out of her bedroom in P'nG!

I was proud....she tried to play it off saying her mom told her I probably would not allow her to ride with me to game if she wore Magic gear....but I could sense that she understood that this family only supports one NBA team.

During the game, when she was not looking for Justin Bieber (who was supposedly attending game), she was inquiring about different players. At it's conclusion, she decided that her favorite players were Ingram and Clarkson......a few days later I had to explain to her that going forward, Ingram was now her sole favorite player.

Awesome story, sounds like you raised a smart one.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

This is why shooting is more crucial to BI's stardom than a Giannis or even Simmons. He doesn't have that same elite athleticism, so without shooting, he'll be way easier to defend as a primary option. Thankfully, he's on track in that area, just needs to continue fine-tuning his shot form and getting more in-game reps.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
This is why shooting is more crucial to BI's stardom than a Giannis or even Simmons. He doesn't have that same elite athleticism, so without shooting, he'll be way easier to defend as a primary option. Thankfully, he's on track in that area, just needs to continue fine-tuning his shot form and getting more in-game reps.

While I agree that he is never going to be as electric at highlight slams and posters, once he bulks up, you will see him take it to the rim with as much success as both of them. At Duke, playing with of course college players and a shortened schedule, you see his athleticism and which makes me believe that he knows that part of it will come with the maturation of his body. What separates him from those two is his ball handling, shooting, and developing footwork. That combination will make him just as bit as deadly once it comes full circle for him.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

So now that BI's starting to prove that he's going to be a hell of a basketball player, is it okay for us to admit that he's not very good at drawing?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

BI + more consistent shooting + stronger body (post ups) = top 10 player in the NBA.
both can be worked on, BI can't post up anyone now because his body is still weak. shooting is coming
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

Giannis might be hard to defend, but Simmons is not hard to defend at all, you just let him shoot, he is a freak, but not at LBJ level. if you take Embild off the sixers, i doubt Simmons got his numbers.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
I posted at all star break about the kid being fatigued and how he had so much energy at Duke. It’s started for him. Can’t wait to see tiny dawg develop into big dawg. Getting a BI city edition jersey fosho

Agreed, city edition is 🔥. Str8 Mamba. I’ll wait for the summer to complete the whole lineup. But I’ll get BI sometime soon.

Where can you buy City edition jerseys online? Can't seem to find them on NBAstore

lakersstore.com has some but only in weird sizes
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

Smart girl... not sure where she gets it from
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

That's an awesome story man, you're a lucky guy.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

While I agree that he is never going to be as electric at highlight slams and posters, once he bulks up, you will see him take it to the rim with as much success as both of them. At Duke, playing with of course college players and a shortened schedule, you see his athleticism and which makes me believe that he knows that part of it will come with the maturation of his body. What separates him from those two is his ball handling, shooting, and developing footwork. That combination will make him just as bit as deadly once it comes full circle for him.

I agree, of course, that BI should continue to work on the jump shot, but as far as being primary option, he does well lately passing out of double-teams. If he's being defended as the 1 or 2 scorer, he can just kill em with assists.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

BI is not remotely a finished product. He still has a lot of growth to do physically. He will be a terror for opposing defenses, not to mention his ability to defend will also improve with more strength.

He has made a huge leap this year though and I absolutely love it.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

An update (as of yesterday) re: Ingram v. most of the players people seem to compare Ingram to...

20 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Pippen: N/A
Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 STL (2.9%), 0.6 BLK (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 STL (1.5%), 1.2 BLK (2.8%)
Marion: N/A
Prince: N/A
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Middleton: N/A
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 STL (1.7%), 0.7 BLK (1.4%)
Ingram: 17.2 PPG (53.3% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 4.1 APG (17.1%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.8 BLK (1.8%)

Interesting stat - there are 13 players who at age 20 or younger averaged 16 or more PPG while accounting for at least 17% of their teams' assists - Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Chris Paul, Chris Webber, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, Isiah Thomas (Detroit version), John Wall AND Brandon Ingram.

Another stat - there are 18 players who at age 20 or younger have averaged at least 16+ PPG, 5+ RPG and 3+ APG - Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Chris Paul, Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, Antoine Walker, Isiah Thomas (Detroit version), John Wall, Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray AND Brandon Ingram.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

less flashy Tmac

27 8 4

in 3 years
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

BI has been my favorite Laker since he joined the squad. Glad folks are giving him props.

I really do think he will be special and I did listen to Fizdale this morning. Was pleasantly surprised he was giving a Giannis comparison (I've heard it before from others just not him).
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
An update (as of yesterday) re: Ingram v. most of the players people seem to compare Ingram to...

Leonard: 11.9 PPG (57.3% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 1.6 APG (6.6%), 2.0 STL (2.9%), 0.6 BLK (1.1%)
Giannis: 14.6 PPG (55.2% TS), 7.7 RPG (12.2%), 2.9 APG (13.1%), 1.0 STL (1.5%), 1.2 BLK (2.8%)
Batum: 10.5 PPG (55.5% TS), 5.4 RPG (9.4%), 1.8 APG (7.8%). 1.2 SPG (1.9%), 1.0 BPG (2.2%)
Durant: 23.3 PPG (57.7% TS), 6.0 RPG (9.6%), 2.6 APG (13.5%), 1.2 STL (1.7%), 0.7 BLK (1.4%)
Ingram: 17.2 PPG (53.3% TS), 5.7 RPG (8.4%), 4.1 APG (17.1%), 0.8 STL (1.1%), 0.8 BLK (1.8%)

Interesting stat - there are 13 players who at age 20 or younger averaged 16 or more PPG while accounting for at least 17% of their teams' assists - Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Chris Paul, Chris Webber, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, Isiah Thomas (Detroit version), John Wall AND Brandon Ingram.

Another stat - there are 18 players who at age 20 or younger have averaged at least 16+ PPG, 5+ RPG and 3+ APG - Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Chris Paul, Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, Lamar Odom, Antoine Walker, Isiah Thomas (Detroit version), John Wall, Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray AND Brandon Ingram.

JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Well I think it's safe to say BI has surpassed the lofty comparisons of Tayshaun Prince & Nicolas Batum role player ceilings, as he's already on the floor of those two players imo. So, here are some 2nd year comparisons to players BI has been compared to recently as his ceiling in the future:
http://bkref.com/tiny/TTJ6O
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell @ LakersReporter

Here are 20-year-old @B_Ingram13’s averages in February: 18.6 points on 54.5% FG’s, 52.2% 3’s and 77.8% FT's; 5.6 assists; 5.2 rebounds; 1.1 blocks and 0.6 steals in 33.7 minutes.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

BI's assists really stand out in those stat lines. Wow! And very fine company in the other lists. Thanks
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Seeing Ingram outpace Durant on BLK% by age (if barely) makes me hopeful my pre-draft dream of BI becoming a secondary shot blocker comes true.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

really no surprises here...
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell (@) LakersReporter

Here are 20-year-old @B_Ingram13’s averages in February: 18.6 points on 54.5% FG’s, 52.2% 3’s and 77.8% FT's; 5.6 assists; 5.2 rebounds; 1.1 blocks and 0.6 steals in 33.7 minutes.

Love trudell. Biggest Dangelo/zubac Stan now turned Ingram Stan haha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 974, 975, 976 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 975 of 1885
Jump to: