OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1007, 1008, 1009 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
It sucks having him out but his future is more important than the remainder of this meaningless season

Not exactly a meaningless season though.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
BizLA wrote:
It sucks having him out but his future is more important than the remainder of this meaningless season

Nor is he going to miss the remainder of it
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Vin wrote:
BizLA wrote:

Nor is he going to miss the remainder of it

Wasn’t implying that he was going to miss the rest of the season.

Also we’re not making the playoffs so I’d say this season doesn’t mean a whole lot.

I doubt 5 extra wins will be the deciding factor whether Paul George signs with us or not.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

I personally think this season actually means a lot and finishing it strong is very important for the future. Finishing at .500 is very different than ending up with 33-35 wins. That'd be a real statement.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
I personally think this season actually means a lot and finishing it strong is very important for the future. Finishing at .500 is very different than ending up with 33-35 wins. That'd be a real statement.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm following this so obsessively. This team has a very real chance to actually go .500, which would be a huge shot over the bow for other NBA teams and a signal to free agents that we're a great landing spot if you want to play with a rapidly rising young team.

34 wins doesn't do it IMO.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Vin wrote:

My thoughts exactly. That's why I'm following this so obsessively. This team has a very real chance to actually go .500, which would be a huge shot over the bow for other NBA teams and a signal to free agents that we're a great landing spot if you want to play with a rapidly rising young team.

I disagree . I think our team has already made a pretty good statement about our young studs and our young core. Health should be the utmost priority over a meaningless record.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Brew tweeted that he is out for Miami, but will be re-evaluated tomorrow with an eye toward a return against the Pacers.

Damn. Will be at the game tonight so that kinda sucks.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Vin wrote:

I disagree . I think our team has already made a pretty good statement about our young studs and our young core. Health should be the utmost priority over a meaningless record.

Health is indeed first and Ingram shoudn't force a comeback. But it's not like we're tanking and Ingram can take it easy and not attempt to make a comeback. We need him and he should play as soon as he can.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Vin wrote:

I see it like this.. George said he wanted to be a Laker when we were much worse than we are now. Give or take 5 wins is not going to determine whether or not he’s going to sign with us. Either he still wants to join or he likes what’s going on in OKC...simple as that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

Sucks he won't have a chance at revenge against Winslow
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

@billoram

Quote:
Brandon Ingram has been cleared to begin on-court, non-contact basketball activities. Lakers say he is "progressing well" and is "day-to-day"

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Vin wrote:
CRoost wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Vin wrote:

Health is indeed first and Ingram shoudn't force a comeback. But it's not like we're tanking and Ingram can take it easy and not attempt to make a comeback. We need him and he should play as soon as he can.

Yep - that's how I see it.

CRoost - I agree health comes first. I don't want anyone to cut corners on healing time. The only piece I disagree with is the idea that this is a meaningless season. I think how we close this season will have an impact on how free agents view this team. Now is the time they start paying closer attention, even more so in April.

PG13 - he's been paying attention for a long time. Other FA's - not so much.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Come back, BI. You are the heart of this team!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

We miss you BI.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
We miss you BI.

Mr. Do It All...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

funny that some are still looking at a spreadsheet to determine BI's value
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Pretty sure the spreadsheets are in agreement with the eye test. He's been great since roughly Feb. Give it up, will you?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Pretty sure the spreadsheets are in agreement with the eye test. He's been great since roughly Feb. Give it up, will you?

He’s been pretty good all season.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

According to my eye test BI has been improving his game all season, and was playing far better and more consistently in February than he was in November. Next season with Randle and BI together? Awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Day to day now. BI or no BI I expect losses at Indy and NO. I hope he can ease back in on low minutes and come out of it pain free this coming week. Maybe start kicking butt again around the time we reach Memphis.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

The Lakers just went 4-4 in a stretch without Ingram against teams that are a combined 58 games over .500, without Hart for the entire time, and without Kuzma for a game as well. They've had to replace Ingram with an actual replacement level player off of the scrap heap (Travis Wear) due to Hart being out, Brewer being gone, and Kuzma playing out of position (and still hurt last night)...and they've still been pretty darn good.

I know you were dying having to wait all of these games before the Lakers had a disappointing loss so you could post a different version of the only post that you ever make here, but if you can't find more substantive ways to contribute to this board, you can find somewhere else to post altogether.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

The Lakers just went 4-4 in a stretch without Ingram against teams that are a combined 58 games over .500, without Hart for the entire time, and without Kuzma for a game as well. They've had to replace Ingram with an actual replacement level player off of the scrap heap (Travis Wear) due to Hart being out, Brewer being gone, and Kuzma playing out of position (and still hurt last night)...and they've still been pretty darn good.

I know you were dying having to wait all of these games before the Lakers had a disappointing loss so you could post a different version of the only post that you ever make here, but if you can't find more substantive ways to contribute to this board, you can find somewhere else to post altogether.

Well said GT.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the next step to returning is to go on the court and ramp it up with the team. The next practice for the Lakers likely is early next week in New Orleans after they play in Indiana on Monday. "He obviously is coming with us on the road trip," Luke Walton said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the road trip. He is feeling much better he says. But we are going to keep being patient with him and make sure that he goes through all the proper channels before we throw him back out there."

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the next step to returning is to go on the court and ramp it up with the team. The next practice for the Lakers likely is early next week in New Orleans after they play in Indiana on Monday. "He obviously is coming with us on the road trip," Luke Walton said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he plays on the road trip. He is feeling much better he says. But we are going to keep being patient with him and make sure that he goes through all the proper channels before we throw him back out there."

Yeah, I don't think he plays on Monday.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
ESPN Staff Writer

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think he plays on Monday.

It's nice to have experts on this board
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1007, 1008, 1009 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1008 of 1885
Jump to: