OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1010, 1011, 1012 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:
From forcing shots up in iso, to discovering he's good at driving, to getting blocked and struggling to go left, to learning to drive and kick and use midrange to counter, to using his length more on defense, to slightly increasing three point attempts. Nice developments this season.

Well said.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Damn, why can't the Cavs be playing a brutal schedule like that? I want their pick in the teens.

The league had to know that teams like Suns, Nets, Heat, Mavs and Knicks weren't going to be significantly better than last season and I believe it was planned that way so LBJ wouldn't wear himself out heading into the playoffs. Can only imagine what a first round KO of the Cavs would do to the ratings.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
IBWriter wrote:
From forcing shots up in iso, to discovering he's good at driving, to getting blocked and struggling to go left, to learning to drive and kick and use midrange to counter, to using his length more on defense, to slightly increasing three point attempts. Nice developments this season.

Well said.

GT, does anyone say something about the role Brian Keefe has in Ingram's development?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:

You've been paying attention sir 👍🏽
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

You've been paying attention sir 👍🏽

I agree, great succinct post. Ingram has improved a bunch ^^
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people scoffed at Magic saying BI would be a 20 ppg scorer. But I think the intended result was for Ingram to be aggressive and be a catalyst. Early on there were some games where he was just running into the brick wall, but he's learned tremendously along the way. It was worth it.

There are questions about how he fits along two other players who will dominate that catalyst role, but as GS has shown, you can never have too many players with that in the toolkit. In his early career if he filled a role like Igoudala's for a contender that would be a great fit.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

He's clearly missed. They were able to scrap out a few wins (and I wouldn't exactly grade the Spurs and Magic wins on the same level as previous ones with BI) without him, but he I'm so glad he's coming back soon.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

Well said.

GT, does anyone say something about the role Brian Keefe has in Ingram's development?

Yeah, he's Ingram's guy. Very well regarding as a player development coach.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping besides the skillset he brings back to the team, he's refreshed from his two to three weeks off and gives us a spark of energy that's been missing of late on the perimeter (I'm looking at you, Zo). Jules' motor has been running pretty consistently hot, and our front court in general has been balling (welcome back, Kuz, and thank you for showing up this season finally, BroLo), but we're getting a big fat zero from our guards. I'm not sure if you could say Zo's hitting the rookie wall because he missed the middle part of the season, but he's sure playing like it. Then KCP cooled off and IT looks like he's headed for China next year. They're making Ennis look like a viable option at times, and that's VERY hard to do.

Is it such a bad idea to start BI at PG, move Zo to the 2, and keep Kuz in the starting lineup?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I'm hoping besides the skillset he brings back to the team, he's refreshed from his two to three weeks off and gives us a spark of energy that's been missing of late on the perimeter (I'm looking at you, Zo). Jules' motor has been running pretty consistently hot, and our front court in general has been balling (welcome back, Kuz, and thank you for showing up this season finally, BroLo), but we're getting a big fat zero from our guards. I'm not sure if you could say Zo's hitting the rookie wall because he missed the middle part of the season, but he's sure playing like it. Then KCP cooled off and IT looks like he's headed for China next year. They're making Ennis look like a viable option at times, and that's VERY hard to do.

Is it such a bad idea to start BI at PG, move Zo to the 2, and keep Kuz in the starting lineup?

If we can get Ingram & Hart back I’d start Ingram Thomas & Hart.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

The way he's playing, Thomas would have trouble starting in one of these March Madness games right now.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

The way he's playing, Thomas would have trouble starting in one of these March Madness games right now.

Both our points are playing pretty bad right now...I’m running out of solutions.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I like the idea of Lonzo at the 2. I mean, basketball really isn't so strict when it comes to positional roles anymore, but Lonzo's best attributes on offense right now are pushing the ball in open court and open spot up 3s. He seems to stall as a PG in the half court when the defense is set. That's why we end up relying on IT or BI. If BI and Ball could kind of share the guard duties when on the floor, that could be optimal for the offense.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I'd Go back to the original starting line up. Hart, IT, Caruso and Kuz can
Shore up the bench... IT may end up being a rental.
Just my O...
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
BizLA wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Both our points are playing pretty bad right now...I’m running out of solutions.

both of them may be playing bad but atleast one of them is still playing defense, I'm starting that one.

But I want BI to finish the season at point and Ball at SG, might as well experiment with that this season because next season we're gonna be in the playoff race from the start.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Thinking I'd like to experiment with Ingram at the 2 and Kuzma at the 3 with the starting lineup and have Ingram and Lonzo take care of the ball handling duties like we did when we had Ingram playing point.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Thinking I'd like to experiment with Ingram at the 2 and Kuzma at the 3 with the starting lineup and have Ingram and Lonzo take care of the ball handling duties like we did when we had Ingram playing point.

BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I don’t like Kuzma at 3. Doesn’t have the lateral quickness to defend SF’s
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

So he's day to day?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

It'll be interesting to see if he takes the floor against N.O., if even for a few minutes. We'll find out soon. Hope he's feeling good.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

Well said.

Yeah, he's Ingram's guy. Very well regarding as a player development coach.

Thanks, I think Keefe was a great addition to our staff.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lake Show™@LakeShowFamily
22m22 minutes ago

INJURY UPDATE: Brandon Ingram will return Thursday night vs. Pelicans after missing his 9th consecutive game with left strained groin Injury.

These guys could be speculating or jumping the gun. I can't find anything else on this so take it with a lump of salt & hope for the best.

Last edited by pio2u on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Is this a valid source?

Last edited by 32 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

But what's the source? I haven't read that from anywhere else. Don't the beat reporters usually break this kind of news?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1010, 1011, 1012 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1011 of 1885
Jump to: