OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1014, 1015, 1016 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/977737790866804742?s=21

This is real good news, hearing that from Luke. I hope BI's feeling good. I don't expect a lot of minutes his first game back, and he might have a little readjustment time getting back to where he was 4 weeks ago, but even still having him out there using his length on defense will help a lot. Detroit is much more beatable if BI can play.

Most of all I hope BI's healed now.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Misss you maaaan lol
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
How many games have Zo,BI,Jules started together??? We would be a legit .500 team if it were more

The way this team has played since January, I'd guess we're closer to a .600 team if they're all healthy, plus Hart and Kuz.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

His injury cost us at least 4 wins during that 10 games stretch.
We were playing great basketball.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Brandon Ingram played some 2-on-2 today as he continues to progress, but he will likely be out tomorrow in Detroit as he’s not yet game ready.

Smh
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

We're really taking our time here. Might as well sit him for the rest of the season.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
We're really taking our time here. Might as well sit him for the rest of the season.

It was just poorly reported to the public. If they were just up front with how long this was gonna take from the beginning, people wouldn't be so antsy right now.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

It was just poorly reported to the public. If they were just up front with how long this was gonna take from the beginning, people wouldn't be so antsy right now.

That's been their MO. Had hoped they learned their lesson with Zo's injury. They aren't fighting for a playoff spot so they don't need to keep teams guessing not sure why this is their tact.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Seems that every injury is reported as Day To Day then the guy is OUT for quite a bit. Usually day to day stuff means 2-3 games. Double digit missed games. Ugh.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Seems that every injury is reported as Day To Day then the guy is OUT for quite a bit. Usually day to day stuff means 2-3 games. Double digit missed games. Ugh.

Lonzo had a sprained MCL. The idea that a sprained MCL was ever a day-to-day injury was silly. They did the same thing with Ingram. They knew that he was gonna be out for a while, but didn't release the information that way, so it wasn't reported that way. I don't get it.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Lonzo had a sprained MCL. The idea that a sprained MCL was ever a day-to-day injury was silly. They did the same thing with Ingram. They knew that he was gonna be out for a while, but didn't release the information that way, so it wasn't reported that way. I don't get it.

We didn't know it was a sprained MCL till two weeks after the injury. TWO WEEKS. Initially, it was reported as a "minor knee sprain". He was questionable for his next game. From questionable to OUT for a month and change? Come on.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

We didn't know it was a sprained MCL till two weeks after the injury. TWO WEEKS. Initially, it was reported as a "minor knee sprain". He was questionable for his next game. From questionable to OUT for a month and change? Come on.

all knee sprains pertain to a particular ligament..we just found out which ligament it was two weeks later
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
How many games have Zo,BI,Jules started together??? We would be a legit .500 team if it were more

I'm not sure if I did it right, but I looked up all our 3-man rotations for the season and only saw Zo/BI/Randle one time. I find that hard to believe so maybe someone else can verify.

That game was on January 9th against Sacramento and we were actually tied in the standings at that time at 13-27. We won 99-86. No dacos.

Boxscore

Last edited by Ziggy on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Aren’t we all pretty much day to day?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

It’s the same as the Leonard situation, the Spurs released a vague description of his injury and people are left to either believe the worst case or best case.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm not sure if I did it right, but I looked up all our 3-man rotations for the season and only saw Zo/BI/Randle one time. I find that hard to believe so maybe someone else can verify.

That game was on January 9th against Sacramento and we were actually tied in the standings at that time at 13-27. We won 99-86. No dacos.

Boxscore

wow so we would have been undefeated and the first seed easily if Zo,BI and Jules played the entire seasons healthy. How sad
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are 7-1 when Lonzo, Ingram, & Randle start. They haven't played the toughest schedule in those 8 games, but still.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Lakers are 7-1 when Lonzo, Ingram, & Randle start. They haven't played the toughest schedule in those 8 games, but still.

8 games how in the.....not fair
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Gives us something to look forward to next season.. with the addition of Kuz.

Say we only manage to acquire PG.. What would you think of a starting line up of..
Ball
Ingram
PG
Kuz
Randle..
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

It’s the same as the Leonard situation, the Spurs released a vague description of his injury and people are left to either believe the worst case or best case.

(Nutty) Brainstorms about why:

The league has been getting ready for gambling and part of the shift includes providing less information about player availability.

Teams want the added uncertainty about player return dates because they've discovered it leads to more clicks.

The science of injury handling is changing and teams are figuring things out causing them to be more evasive about prognosis for return (better to be silent and though a fool).

Exposure to their businesses as a result of social networking has teams learning how to protect their brands so they are being more careful about any information that could be considered off message
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

So he's still out. Just shut him down. Not many games left.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

(Nutty) Brainstorms about why:

The league has been getting ready for gambling and part of the shift includes providing less information about player availability.

Teams want the added uncertainty about player return dates because they've discovered it leads to more clicks.

The science of injury handling is changing and teams are figuring things out causing them to be more evasive about prognosis for return (better to be silent and though a fool).

Exposure to their businesses as a result of social networking has teams learning how to protect their brands so they are being more careful about any information that could be considered off message

Exactly, I was going to add a comment that the NBA is beginning to resemble the NFL in that way.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Say we only manage to acquire PG.. What would you think of a starting line up of..
Ball
Ingram
PG
Kuz
Randle..

I'd love it. Teams have typically liked to start the game with a bigger body at the 5 before going to "small ball", but I'd like to see a team try it from jump. I do think we'd be wise to have a big body on the roster (I'd be thrilled w/a Lopez return at the right price), but that's a phenomenal lineup IMO. Incredible ball handling and defensive potential.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Ball
Ingram
PG
Kuz
Randle..

I'd love it. Teams have typically liked to start the game with a bigger body at the 5 before going to "small ball", but I'd like to see a team try it from jump. I do think we'd be wise to have a big body on the roster (I'd be thrilled w/a Lopez return at the right price), but that's a phenomenal lineup IMO. Incredible ball handling and defensive potential.

My only worry with that lineup is ensuring we have shooters on the bench. Kuzma and George have shown enough from 3. Ingram seems like he will hover around 38-40% but would be good to see that continuation into next season. Lonzo has some work to do and Randle is not expected to shoot from the perimeter.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Ball
Ingram
PG
Kuz
Randle..

I had my doubts about Julius playing full time center but after watching him battle AD and Gasol, I no longer have doubts.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1014, 1015, 1016 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1015 of 1885
Jump to: