OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1065, 1066, 1067 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Randle would be the worst non center 3 point shooter Lebron has started with in a decade.

but sure, our fo/coaching staff will bench one of their most beloved assets for that

Lonzo
George
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

is a much more Lebron like lineup, and imo better

That would be Tristan Thompson.

Tristan Thompson plays center everytime he's in the lineup and the only reason he starts is to match up with size.

If we already have a Center in Brook Lopez that can match up with any center, it makes no sense to have a non shooter next to him with Lebron.

My point is, Randle isn't the worst 3-point shooter that Lebron would play next to.

Well I said "non center 3 point shooter" meaning the only guys that started next to Lebron and couldn't shoot are the ones they needed to match up against Centers.

Otherwise, it's all shooters and I doubt that's gonna change now.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Randle would be the worst non center 3 point shooter Lebron has started with in a decade.

but sure, our fo/coaching staff will bench one of their most beloved assets for that

Lonzo
George
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Why wouldn't he play center when Tristan Thompson does?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Lonzo
George
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

That would be Tristan Thompson.

Tristan Thompson plays center everytime he's in the lineup and the only reason he starts is to match up with size.

If we already have a Center in Brook Lopez that can match up with any center, it makes no sense to have a non shooter next to him with Lebron.

My point is, Randle isn't the worst 3-point shooter that Lebron would play next to.

Well I said "non center 3 point shooter" meaning the only guys that started next to Lebron and couldn't shoot are the ones they needed to match up against Centers.

Otherwise, it's all shooters and I doubt that's gonna change now.

One thing to keep in mind is that Randle has a small sample size of 37/144= 25.7% for his career from 3. Even if he doesn't shoot much better, he is already a threat from the perimeter with his handles, footwork and control near the rim. He's also a descent passer, so lets not throw his perimeter game out completely.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Lonzo
George
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Why wouldn't he play center when Tristan Thompson does?

Because we have Brook Lopez who can match up with centers and can shoot the three? He wouldn't start at Center, and we're specifically talking about starting
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

I would be surprised if the starting lineup wasn't Zo/George/Ingram/Lebron/Randle, but, then again, we have the same coach that put Randle on the bench for the first half of last season too.

Watching Ingram's work out video and comparing it to the ball handling drills from Kuzma, you can see how Ingram's handle I'd worlds better than Kuzma's. Kuzma may have more developed skills elsewhere, but the difference in ball handling ability stood out to me.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I would be surprised if the starting lineup wasn't Zo/George/Ingram/Lebron/Randle, but, then again, we have the same coach that put Randle on the bench for the first half of last season too.

Watching Ingram's work out video and comparing it to the ball handling drills from Kuzma, you can see how Ingram's handle I'd worlds better than Kuzma's. Kuzma may have more developed skills elsewhere, but the difference in ball handling ability stood out to me.

Ingram is the much better ball handler, although kuzma is effective in getting where he needs to get. So Kuzma has more PG skills, but in a lineup where all four of the other guys are superior ball handlers and initiators, that skill stands out less than shooting. Whether Ingram fits with the starters is going to depend a lot on how he can play off them as a shooter, and how well Kuzma plays defense.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

^Agree with you there, but I would also say that where one wants to be a primary initiator on offense (outside of the context you are discussing), it would appear to me that ball handling plays a key role. If Kuzma can get to where Ingran is there, you could see how it would really open up a lot for him in the same way being a shooter could open up a lot for Ingram and, especially, Randle in their own ways as well. It's nice they are still so young, especially Ingram, because it means they still have the opportunity to get their and fix their respective holes.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billoram/status/1000099404248829954?s=21

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Man if BI works on his handle and Kuz does too. Thats three guys along with Lonzo that can create off the dribble. Watching this years playoffs.. it shows what an advantage it is to have multiple guys that are able to break down the defense
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Brandon has better ball handling but Kuzma just has an array of moves on offense. You really can't teach a lot of what Kuzma does. It comes from being confident.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Brandon has better ball handling but Kuzma just has an array of moves on offense. You really can't teach a lot of what Kuzma does. It comes from being confident.

Ingram is better at everything outside of scoring right now and even then he scores the same amount on FGA (but he gets to the line more).

You can absolutely teach those offensive moves, what you can't teach is having a 7'4 wingspan like BI has.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/billoram/status/1000099404248829954?s=21

uh oh, Sleepy B is waking up
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

No. It comes from practice.....
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

The difference is in their footwork, IMO.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

His length never ceases to amaze me. It's like he descends from a long line of Daddy Long Legs. Just crazy.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
defense wrote:

Ingram is better at everything outside of scoring right now and even then he scores the same amount on FGA (but he gets to the line more).

You can absolutely teach those offensive moves, what you can't teach is having a 7'4 wingspan like BI has.

BI is better overall on both ends of the floor. He's much, much more valuable than Kuzma to me. BI scores just as much as Kuz, but he can also facilitate. Kuzma just scores a lot for himself. And his defense isn't good.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
defense wrote:

BI is better overall on both ends of the floor. He's much, much more valuable than Kuzma to me. BI scores just as much as Kuz, but he can also facilitate. Kuzma just scores a lot for himself. And his defense isn't good.

So the points he scores dont count for the team?

#SomePeople

#BannersOverBillboards
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

What I love about Kuz is he actually asked to come off the bench when one of the starters came back from injury. He strikes me as selfless, so I don't expect there to be any drama as to who starts. As long as he gets at least 32 minutes I'm happy.. Same goes for Ingram, though I'd prefer he start with Randle.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
What I love about Kuz is he actually asked to come off the bench when one of the starters came back from injury. He strikes me as selfless, so I don't expect there to be any drama as to who starts. As long as he gets at least 32 minutes I'm happy.. Same goes for Ingram, though I'd prefer he start with Randle.

I actually didn't know that about Kuz. Where did you read that? Very good to hear. I'm sure Luke (who asked to go to the bench himself in favor of Ariza) was very impressed.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I actually didn't know that about Kuz. Where did you read that? Very good to hear. I'm sure Luke (who asked to go to the bench himself in favor of Ariza) was very impressed.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/27/with-larry-nance-jr-back-from-injury-lakers-kyle-kuzma-savors-his-time-among-starters/

This was the only article I could find, seemed more like "I don't care when I play coach, just play me", but yeah, keep it up Kuz. Could easily become a fan favorite when all is said and done, and that'd be including BI, Lonzo, and the hypotethetical two superstar FAs
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/27/with-larry-nance-jr-back-from-injury-lakers-kyle-kuzma-savors-his-time-among-starters/

This was the only article I could find, seemed more like "I don't care when I play coach, just play me", but yeah, keep it up Kuz. Could easily become a fan favorite when all is said and done, and that'd be including BI, Lonzo, and the hypotethetical two superstar FAs

Thanks.. poor paraphrasing on my part. He basically communicated to Luke that it was okay to give someone else the starting position. Team first guy..
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Thanks.. poor paraphrasing on my part. He basically communicated to Luke that it was okay to give someone else the starting position. Team first guy..

No worries. He does seem like he's willing to put the team first. He clearly wants to be a starter from other little comments he's made throughout the season (none of which negative), but he's more than willing to wait until it's his time for the spot to be his.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is already elite at getting to the line. If he can get his FT % up to mid 80s. Things could get scary real quickly.
Kuz is a better system guy than Ingram. Same goes for Tatum. Kuz and Taintum ( ) can catch and shoot from 3 and read and react off ball better than Ingram. And Brandon needs to improve in those areas.
But Ingram is a more unique type of player. He's a go-to guy with superior length. Currently an inefficient go-to guy. But if he ever becomes an above average 1 on 1 playmaker/clutch scorer. We'll all laugh at comparing him to Kuz or that Boston guy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

https://instagram.com/p/BjPuyCYndi4/

🔥 🔥 🔥
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Man that single motion jumper looks like its money, I'm excited

Although it seems like any size he's putting on is directly going to his arms and his legs don't give a (bleep) lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1065, 1066, 1067 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1066 of 1885
Jump to: