OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1094, 1095, 1096 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
"GT isn't a reliable source".. I think that pretty much say's it all lol.. Leave it alone guys, you can't reason with him.

Why is that unreasonable? He’s admittedly not an insider.

Is he admittedly an unreliable source?

No he’s an unreliable source because he gets his info from Lakers staff who I deem unreliable because of bias. Pretty simple concept that I’ve repeated multiple times.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
What are we arguing about? I’m too lazy to flip back and read walls of texts. 😂

One guy dug himself into a hole and now is having a hard time admitting he's wrong. Something he has done multiple times before on this very thread (and pretty much every Ingram related argument he has been in so far).

Nothing to see really, just ignore the wall.

Claims lacking substantiated evidence don’t prove much. Neither do insults. With that said, believing that our young guys work hard based off Lakers people saying so isn’t a very reliable way to evaluate players
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Sigh.. smh. You know what lol, I believe you're sitting somewhere having a good laugh. You don't really believe the things you're saying, jokes on us.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Man, I really riled up the Ingram bunch with this one. Sorry I interrupted, I’ll let you tell each other he’s the next Durant some more.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I just enjoyed watching him destroy the GSW last year. I can't wait to see him with more space playing with Lebron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=K4Ynkdqi5AM
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Ingram will average 20 a game this season either. I also agree with whom ever said that Ingram has yet to be a plus player on the Lakers, but that really isn't a big deal because he's so young and has only played two seasons.

I actually think this is the year he becomes a plus player along with Lonzo
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Sigh.. smh. You know what lol, I believe you're sitting somewhere having a good laugh. You don't really believe the things you're saying, jokes on us.

Honestly, I believe that he probably works hard just like almost every other young NBA player trying to make it. With that said, I don’t think he’s proven he works harder than the average player in his position. Quotes don’t convince me otherwise. That doesn’t mean I think his talent level is that of an average player though.

But hell yea do I double down to have some fun. Quite frankly, I don’t think this thread has logic based arguments very often and when they are attempted, the typical martyrs come out in their beloved Ingram’s defense. If my points were met with counterpoints and opposing facts(not biased quotes) then great I’ll take it serious. But when they’re met with broad unsubstantiated claims, insults, and people twisting my words, I’m gonna toy with y’all a bit. We’re all Lakers fans and I hope y’all don’t take it personal but the facts don’t point towards him being the player you think he is. If he has the work ethic you think he does, he’s got a chance to improve his play and change those facts. Have a good one Devin, it’s a beautiful SoCal day.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James at 22 in his 2nd year as an NBA player playing with the gravity of Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jamaal Wilkes... 3 HOF players

14.5 PPG 6.3 RPG 2.5 APG .591 TS% .759 FT%

Brandon Ingram at 20 in his 2nd year as an NBA player, playing with Lonzo, KCP, Randle, Brook.

16.1 PPG 5.3 RPG 3.9 APG .536 TS% .681 FT%

Playing with LBJ/Rondo/Ball should increase BI's FG%... James didn't achieve his FT% until he was 22... he shot .624 FT% at the age of 21. So if Ingram gets his FG% up to about 57 to 58%... gets his FT% up to 72%... he's playing about the same efficiency as Worthy.

Considering Ingram is two years younger, weaker, less developed than Worthy... yet still putting up similar numbers at 2 years younger... how can we assume he's a bust? How can we assume he won't be an HOF player?

I won't bring up Kawhi because he compares well to Kawhi as well except not as good a shooter.

We don't know what Ingram will be... but I think it's silly to dismiss others high opinion of him as pipe dream fantasies.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Man, I really riled up the Ingram bunch with this one. Sorry I interrupted, I’ll let you tell each other he’s the next Durant some more.

I love it when people do this. Say something that's totally ridiculous about a player, get pushback, then act like the reason for the pushback is because people are just offended that you dissed their supposed favorite player

That shows you literally aren't listening to why people are objecting.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is my filter for bad posters. Whoever doesn’t like him automaticaly gets added to the list of posters i skip. i mean you seriously have to have 0 basketball knowledge if you can’t see that he is an All NBA type of prospect

Earlier i was watching him play Point guard vs OkC and wow. What a talent. Look.better than PG13 and he is only 20. I love ingram. Lebron has found his pippen. And kuzma... we are set.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BI may not be a HOFer for all we know, but he is certainly nowhere near a bust.

Yes, there is a good chance he lands in the vast middle of the two. Even if he does turn out to be Prince that puts him closer to the HOF than a bust.

He's already better than Tayshaun.

That is such a ridiculous statement it barely deserves a reply. Might as well post that you have no idea who Tayshaun Prince is. Because Ingram is nowhere close to a Finals, all defensive and Team USA player.

Brandon has aslo never had the chance to be the 5th option behind FOUR all-stars. Brandon is an equally good spot up shooter, better shot creator, better finisher, equal rebounder, equal or better passer. His team D isn't as good as Tayshaun, but that's comes with Tayshaun being a 4 year college player. Not sure outside of his TEAM D that he's at a clear cut advantage over BI. You can list accolades all you want, but the finals comes from playing with 4 all stars (he fouled Kobe throughout the entire series and the refs let him get away with it), all defense again I gave you he's a better team Defender than BI (always thought his man d was overrated), and Team USA came from reputation alone.

You switch those two guys places and ask Brandon to play 5th will to a group of allstars and just be a defender and spot up shooter like Tay was primarily,...you really think he couldn't Excel? Now, could Tayshaun be a primary perimeter option on a team that all year long looks like a playoff team when healthy and one of the brightest up and coming young studs in the L?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I love it when people do this. Say something that's totally ridiculous about a player, get pushback, then act like the reason for the pushback is because people are just offended that you dissed their supposed favorite player

Exactly. Just another person who I don't take their takes seriously anymore.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Claims lacking substantiated evidence don’t prove much. Neither do insults. With that said, believing that our young guys work hard based off Lakers people saying so isn’t a very reliable way to evaluate players

Then without the amount of work by all players across the league being logged and made a statistic (in a way that is objective), there is no reliable way to evaluate the amount of work a player puts in according to your criteria. Everything would just be someone saying so-and-so puts in X amount of work.

Since none of us are privy to the actual players comings and goings in the gym, this is all we have to work with.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I’m listening but there aren’t points being made beyond quotes from people with inherently biased opinions. The ignorant side is opposite of me.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Then without the amount of work by all players across the league being logged and made a statistic (in a way that is objective), there is no reliable way to evaluate the amount of work a player puts in according to your criteria. Everything would just be someone saying so-and-so puts in X amount of work.

Since none of us are privy to the actual players comings and goings in the gym, this is all we have to work with.

Exactly. Judge the player not the perceived work ethic.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Considering my take has been a topic of conversation on this thread for two days now, you and others are taking it seriously. Silence often speaks volumes.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Considering my take has been a topic of conversation on this thread for two days now, you and others are taking it seriously. Silence often speaks volumes.

Whatever makes you feel better dude. I've had enough. Some people just want to argue til their blue in the face, I get it. Have fun.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Is Ingram as good as Prince right now = NO

Will he be = I think so

Someone actually called Ingram a bust? SHAME!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, there is a good chance he lands in the vast middle of the two. Even if he does turn out to be Prince that puts him closer to the HOF than a bust.

That is such a ridiculous statement it barely deserves a reply. Might as well post that you have no idea who Tayshaun Prince is. Because Ingram is nowhere close to a Finals, all defensive and Team USA player.

Brandon has aslo never had the chance to be the 5th option behind FOUR all-stars. Brandon is an equally good spot up shooter, better shot creator, better finisher, equal rebounder, equal or better passer. His team D isn't as good as Tayshaun, but that's comes with Tayshaun being a 4 year college player. Not sure outside of his TEAM D that he's at a clear cut advantage over BI. You can list accolades all you want, but the finals comes from playing with 4 all stars (he fouled Kobe throughout the entire series and the refs let him get away with it), all defense again I gave you he's a better team Defender than BI (always thought his man d was overrated), and Team USA came from reputation alone.

You switch those two guys places and ask Brandon to play 5th will to a group of allstars and just be a defender and spot up shooter like Tay was primarily,...you really think he couldn't Excel? Now, could Tayshaun be a primary perimeter option on a team that all year long looks like a playoff team when healthy and one of the brightest up and coming young studs in the L?

At this point in his career the answer is no. I do hope he gets there, let’s wait 5-6 years when he hits his physical prime.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. And you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Ingram fan than me.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Holy sh*t... Prince only exceeded the number of rebounds that Ingram averaged last year once in 13 years. He never exceeded his scoring or assists average. He's considered an elite defender but he never averaged more steals than Ingram did last year. For all his length... even though he started out well... he never blocked anything most of his career.

The only thing Tayshaun did definitively better than Ingram was shoot free throws.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Holy sh*t... Prince only exceeded the number of rebounds that Ingram averaged last year once in 13 years. He never exceeded his scoring or assists average. He's considered an elite defender but he never averaged more steals than Ingram did last year. For all his length... even though he started out well... he never blocked anything most of his career.

The only thing Tayshaun did definitively better than Ingram was shoot free throws.

b0x ThCoRes
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Prince was a great defender that's it. Not a shooter not a play maker. I don't think even a garbage team would give the ball to Prince and tell him to go make a play.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

b0x ThCoRes

You can spin the narrative all you want... I watched Tayshaun... and he's a better defender than Ingram at this stage... but he's a lot older and didn't reach his full maturity until around 23-24. Some of you all are remembering this through rose colored glasses. And I don't know how you can be considered at the same level of Kawhi generating half or a third of his steals.

All I'm saying is Ingram is a work in progress and he's already exceeded any steals numbers that Tayshaun put up and he's not reached physical maturity. You can say it's all about intangibles and advanced analytics but I'm thinking it's mostly about a terrific team where Tayshaun complimented it very well.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Prince was a great defender that's it. Not a shooter not a play maker. I don't think even a garbage team would give the ball to Prince and tell him to go make a play.

Point guards made plays in those days.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1094, 1095, 1096 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1095 of 1885
Jump to: