OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
The pressure is on BI to prove he can be a franchise player. In his third season, KD averaged 30/8/3 and played all 82 games. I'd like to see BI average 20+ with the open looks he'll get as well as become a lock down defender.

Just stop, man. There is no pressure on him to prove he's a franchise player at all. The Lakers have their franchise player already. And stop trying to set him up for failure by posting those Durant numbers. He’s not an elite scorer like Durant was and probably never will be. That doesn't mean he’s some failure that you have to get rid of. You're being ridiculous.

The pressure is on him to prove he is a solid #2 or an excellent #3... which he might already be.

I don't think there's any pressure on him at all.. He showed growth last season, I'm sure they're expecting him to show growth this season as well. No one's coming out saying he needs to prove he's a franchise player, no one is saying he needs to be the number 2 guy..

There’s pressure on all the young core to improve. BI especially IMO, considering he’s not the current FOs guy and he didn’t meet the (unrealistic) expectations placed on him last year. Magic gave these guys one more season to prove what they have. If this season doesn’t go well, I would guess the young guys start getting shipped out. I expect this season to go well though.

Everything points to Ingram being Magic's favorite, "not the current FO's guy" doesn't mean (bleep)

Believe what you want but stop following me around in this thread like a lap dog.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
The pressure is on BI to prove he can be a franchise player. In his third season, KD averaged 30/8/3 and played all 82 games. I'd like to see BI average 20+ with the open looks he'll get as well as become a lock down defender.

Just stop, man. There is no pressure on him to prove he's a franchise player at all. The Lakers have their franchise player already. And stop trying to set him up for failure by posting those Durant numbers. He’s not an elite scorer like Durant was and probably never will be. That doesn't mean he’s some failure that you have to get rid of. You're being ridiculous.

The pressure is on him to prove he is a solid #2 or an excellent #3... which he might already be.

I don't think there's any pressure on him at all.. He showed growth last season, I'm sure they're expecting him to show growth this season as well. No one's coming out saying he needs to prove he's a franchise player, no one is saying he needs to be the number 2 guy..

There’s pressure on all the young core to improve. BI especially IMO, considering he’s not the current FOs guy and he didn’t meet the (unrealistic) expectations placed on him last year. Magic gave these guys one more season to prove what they have. If this season doesn’t go well, I would guess the young guys start getting shipped out. I expect this season to go well though.

Yea I don't see the pressure you're speaking of. Ingram has already demonstrated he will continue to improve and get better. There is no benchmark placed on him by anyone. Kuz also improved as the season progressed.

It's really not even a question of whether or not they will show improvement. Given their history it's pretty safe to say they will. In addition having Bron alleviates a lot of pressure, and makes things a lot easier for everyone. The amount of gravity he generates will boost our young guys numbers across the board.

Ball will have a bit more pressure considering the perception that he had a bad season. Also having Rondo nipping at his heels for the starting spot is a factor. I have no doubt that he's up to the challenge, but if there was pressure on anyone it would be him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Everything points to Ingram being Magic's favorite, "not the current FO's guy" doesn't mean (bleep)

Exactly. If this whole, ’Well, he isn't all that attached to BI because he didn't draft him’ angle had any meaning then he would've dealt BI for George last year, let alone Kawhi THIS YEAR.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty clear to see that the FO expects the young ones to have a great season.
They've shown as much by not gutting the youth for win-now veterans, people on this forum never thought LeBron would the only star to show up this season. Yet here he is with the young pups and some older vets sprinkled in.

I personally think this season might be a trial for these young guys, see which one(s) show further promise going forward.

I'm hopeful that the trust the FO has in them is justified and the team has a great season.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I think he probably did try to trade Ingram and the Spurs were just asking for too much.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Believe what you want but stop following me around in this thread like a lap dog.

I'll post in this thread when I want and reply to who I want.

Not my fault you always get proven wrong and make yourself look foolish in this thread.

Last edited by Villain6Activated on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Yea I don't see the pressure you're speaking of. Ingram has already demonstrated he will continue to improve and get better. There is no benchmark placed on him by anyone. Kuz also improved as the season progressed.

It's really not even a question of whether or not they will show improvement. Given their history it's pretty safe to say they will. In addition having Bron alleviates a lot of pressure, and makes things a lot easier for everyone. The amount of gravity he generates will boost our young guys numbers across the board.

Ball will have a bit more pressure considering the perception that he had a bad season. Also having Rondo nipping at his heels for the starting spot is a factor. I have no doubt that he's up to the challenge, but if there was pressure on anyone it would be him.

It is definitely a question whether or not ALL of them improve. Ignoring that is ridiculous. All players hit their ceilings and it’s rarely when we expect(whether it be before or after).

Of course LeBron helps. That’s the reason I said I expect it to go well. But again, saying it’s a sure thing can be explained as nothing but homerism. But I strongly disagree that it will increase their numbers across the board. Efficiency? Sure I’d be surprised if it doesn’t. But raw stats? Na they likely won’t go up across the board.

Ball has pressure just like the rest of them but I wouldn’t agree he has the most. KCP/Hart are pressuring each other for time and a starting spot. BI/Kuz are doing the same for each other. Having that pressure is great for a team though. Fighting for your spot breeds the right mentality and pushes you to get better.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Not my fault you always get proven wrong and make yourself look foolish in this thread.

Then make it worthwhile and I’ll give you a treat.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I think he probably did try to trade Ingram and the Spurs were just asking for too much.

All the tv analysts are saying Ingram and Kuz were never offered. I suppose they have more insight than we do. With that being said I kinda agree with you though I could be wrong. I believe they would have been willing to part with one of Ingram or Kuz, not both.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

betting on Ingram to have a better season this year than Kawhi. Book it.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

IS that taking into consideration leonard doesnt play at all
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

The treat is seeing you look like an idiot every time you make a post in this thread.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

The treat is seeing you look like an idiot every time you make a post in this thread.

I’m not sure what I did to make you hate me but this is kinda pathetic. Move on or say something worth responding to/discussing/debating and stop acting like an infant.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

@BigGame

I said.. "It's really not even a question of whether or not they will show improvement. Given their history it's pretty safe to say they will."

You said.. "It is definitely a question whether or not ALL of them improve. Ignoring that is ridiculous." " But again, saying it’s a sure thing can be explained as nothing but homerism."

Kuz and Ingram have done nothing but Improve since they've been in the league, me saying it's a pretty safe bet to expect them to carry that into this next season seems like a pretty reasonable take. For you to say it's "nothing but homerism" seems pretty silly to me.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

I’m not sure what I did to make you hate me but this is kinda pathetic. Move on or say something worth responding to/discussing/debating and stop acting like an infant.

Which is clearly what I was doing saying that Ingram not being drafted by Magic isn't relavent because it's pretty clear that BI is his favorite.

But you went on with the "lapdog comment" and then acted like I was trying to bait you, pretty pathetic. You post on a public forum, people reply with their opinions/perspective which is what I was doing. Not sure if you know but that's kind of how this works.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
MJST wrote:

IS that taking into consideration leonard doesn't play at all

Taking all things into consideration. If he plays, if he can't stay on the court, etc etc etc.

Though I personally don't think Leonard will be able to stay on the court consistently this season anyway.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

I think if BI isnt a fringe all star this year, L.A. will look to move him imo.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

manlisten wrote:

So all the reporters specifically saying they didn't are lying?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Pretty cool President.

https://twitter.com/JasmineLWatkins/status/1019417294232018944
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

That's extremely ridiculous too.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
@BigGame

I said.. "It's really not even a question of whether or not they will show improvement. Given their history it's pretty safe to say they will."

You said.. "It is definitely a question whether or not ALL of them improve. Ignoring that is ridiculous." " But again, saying it’s a sure thing can be explained as nothing but homerism."

Kuz and Ingram have done nothing but Improve since they've been in the league, me saying it's a pretty safe bet to expect them to carry that into this next season seems like a pretty reasonable take. For you to say it's "nothing but homerism" seems pretty silly to me.

They played on bad teams and were given a lot of freedom and opportunity. Now they will be on a better team with less freedom and opportunity. Better opportunities but less of them overall with other people to get involved. Assuming they’ll both improve across the board is some homerism IMO. I hope you’re right though.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
manlisten wrote:

All the tv analysts are saying Ingram and Kuz were never offered. I suppose they have more insight than we do. With that being said I kinda agree with you though I could be wrong. I believe they would have been willing to part with one of Ingram or Kuz, not both.

I think you are wrong.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-lakers-brandon-ingram-spurs-san-antonio-los-angeles/170tdzv82t1hc1ap8c6f9bv9sc

I think they offered Ingram before Lebron committed. Once Lebron committed they took him off the table.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
@BigGame

They played on bad teams and were given a lot of freedom and opportunity. Now they will be on a better team with less freedom and opportunity. Better opportunities but less of them overall with other people to get involved. Assuming they’ll both improve across the board is some homerism IMO. I hope you’re right though.

Good point.

When you play on bad teams, someone has to put up stats and their is less pressure, but with Lebron now a laker.......

WHy i always say Booker is a wanker.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

That's extremely ridiculous too.

I agree Judah, I won't say it's intentional since I don't know anyone's heart or thoughts but I'll see posters putting these benchmarks on our players that we haven't seen or heard communicated by the front office. It seems to be a way for them to heap criticisms if said players fall short.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
Judah wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Which is clearly what I was doing saying that Ingram not being drafted by Magic isn't relavent because it's pretty clear that BI is his favorite.

But you went on with the "lapdog comment" and then acted like I was trying to bait you, pretty pathetic. You post on a public forum, people reply with their opinions/perspective which is what I was doing. Not sure if you know but that's kind of how this works.

Yes you posted that without any proof whatsoever and added that what I said “doesn’t mean (bleep)”. Yea that’s bating and insulting somebody. Don’t worry, I’m not offended.

Now back to why I think you’re wrong. A year ago BI was “untouchable” and expected to be a 20 point per game player. A year later, he averaged 16 and the FO said none of the young players are “untouchable”. That doesn’t scream “favorite” to me. Why do you think he’s the favorite of the FO?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1108 of 1885
Jump to: