OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1110, 1111, 1112 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://twitter.com/larryflashj/status/1019383410094010368

Hahahaha

that guy sounds like an idiot....and just reading some of his takes....he clearly has no fear about being wrong over and over

Last edited by adkindo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

What’s funny is Eric pincus and David Aldridge follows him lmao
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
MJST wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He said he’s coming out w a fashion line, which means at least 1/3rd of the smartest Laker fans will think he doesn’t focus on basketball enough. Rap/fashion vs basketball

There's gonna be so many ripped jeans.

A Shampoo line would be interesting.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hahahaha

that guy sounds like an idiot....and just reading some of his takes....he clearly has no fear about being wrong over and over

pretty sure that tweet was a joke lol

edit: no he's not wtf, also dude doesn't seem to be too alright

(bleep) like this pisses me off,and I like Kuzma alot don't get me wrong, but how the (bleep) can you seriously think he's better then Ingram?
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hahahaha

(bleep) like this pisses me off,and I like Kuzma alot don't get me wrong, but how the (bleep) can you seriously think he's better then Ingram?

he's non-stop tweeting to an audience of 0
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hahahaha

Bro has 11.2K tweets lmfao

might as well come post on LakersGround so atleast we can read and ridicule his opinions
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
mookielala wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hahahaha

might as well come post on LakersGround so atleast we can read and ridicule his opinions

He would be the last thing we need.. I get know it all, that hardly knows anything at all vibes from him.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
What’s funny is Eric pincus and David Aldridge follows him lmao

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
mookielala wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hahahaha

He would be the last thing we need.. I get know it all, that hardly knows anything at all vibes from him.

Sad Actor Syndrome? I’ve got nothing...
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject:

https://theathletic.com/434878/2018/07/19/the-intriguing-mystery-of-brandon-ingram/

(This one may be unlocked)

Quote:
By​ the​ time​ an NBA prospect​ is drafted, they’ve​ been​ scouted​ to death.​ All​ mystery seemingly​ removed.​ Answers​ sought for​ every​​ question. Even for players openly labeled projects, little is left to true chance. From a front office perspective, the quest to eliminate variables makes sense.

But as someone who enjoys sports in large part because of the unpredictability, feeling like we know youngsters cold before Adam Silver has even introduced them eliminates a tangible degree of fun. That’s not to say surprises never emerge, (For example, the Lakers’ recent first round picks). But for the most part, abundant familiarity breeds few plot twists.

Along these lines, when Brandon Ingram was drafted by the Lakers, the comparison routinely made when pegging his upside was Kevin Durant, often for reasons of convenience. Both were second overall picks and unassuming personalities who entered the league with skeptics questioning whether a 6-foot-9 string bean would hold up against grown ass men. But beyond surface characteristics, I didn’t see much of The Slim Reaper in the rookie Ingram. The kid was willing to put up shots, and more specifically, sacrifice his body attacking the rim, even while surrendering physicality.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

21.0 PPG vs the warriors in 4 games last season. Lebron sees Ingram and Kuzma's potential. He scouted Irving well who went on to average 30PPG vs GSW in the finals and kill them with clutch shots. He knows when a player is 1 step away from becoming a star and Ingram is next in line.

Here are all of his shots vs gsw

I remember the last months of his rookie season he was throwing it down on almost everyone in the league, I want that back
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
https://theathletic.com/434878/2018/07/19/the-intriguing-mystery-of-brandon-ingram/

Quote:
By the time an NBA prospect is drafted, they’ve been scouted to death. All mystery seemingly​ removed.​ Answers​ sought for​ every​​ question. Even for players openly labeled projects, little is left to true chance. From a front office perspective, the quest to eliminate variables makes sense.

But as someone who enjoys sports in large part because of the unpredictability, feeling like we know youngsters cold before Adam Silver has even introduced them eliminates a tangible degree of fun. That’s not to say surprises never emerge, (For example, the Lakers’ recent first round picks). But for the most part, abundant familiarity breeds few plot twists.

Along these lines, when Brandon Ingram was drafted by the Lakers, the comparison routinely made when pegging his upside was Kevin Durant, often for reasons of convenience. Both were second overall picks and unassuming personalities who entered the league with skeptics questioning whether a 6-foot-9 string bean would hold up against grown ass men. But beyond surface characteristics, I didn’t see much of The Slim Reaper in the rookie Ingram. The kid was willing to put up shots, and more specifically, sacrifice his body attacking the rim, even while surrendering physicality.

A great article. Kudos to The Atheltic and the fine work they are doing. Everyone wants BI to be a scorer but this article really nails the best aspects of Ingram's game. No, he doesn't have LeBron's vision or playmaking. I don't know if he will ever be as good a passer as Lonzo already is. But he absolutely can be Lebron's Pippen, if we allow him to develop. HE is a much more natural scorer than Lonzo will ever likely be, but he was most comfortable as a point forward. Creating for himself and others.
But now with Lebron, he will HAVE to learn to play even better off-ball and score when needed, so there will be added pressure ...but if he is as good as I think he is he will rise to the moment. The great news is #23 will be getting all the attention of the defense and he should get great looks.
We should not be focused on raw numbers or analytics with Brandon. the focus on his development should be on how he plays off James and the progression/improvement of his all-around game.
Lakers have more than enough scoring we need more guys willing to do whatever the team needs to win. Like Pippen or James Worthy before him, I think Ingram can and will do so.

Last edited by Killakobe81 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
UKUGA wrote:

Quote:
By the time an NBA prospect is drafted, they’ve been​ scouted​ to death.​ All​ mystery seemingly​ removed.​ Answers​ sought for​ every​​ question. Even for players openly labeled projects, little is left to true chance. From a front office perspective, the quest to eliminate variables makes sense.

A great article. Kudos to The Atheltic and the fine work they are doing. Everyone wants BI to be a scorer but this article really nails the best aspects of Ingram's game. No he doesn't have LeBron's vision or playmaking. I don't know if he will ever be even as good a passer as Lonzo already is. But he absolutely can be Lebron's Pippen if we allow him to develop. HE is a much natural scorer than Lonzo will ever likely be but he was most comfortable as point forward. Creating for himself and others.
But now with Lebron he will HAVE to learn to play even better off-ball and score when needed., so there will be added pressure ...but if he is as good as I think he is he will rise to the moment. The great news is #23 will be getting all the attention of the defense and he should get great looks.
We should not be focused on raw numbers or analytics with Brandon. the focus on his development should be on how he plays off James and the progression/improvement of his all-around game.
Lakers have more than enough scoring we need more guys willing to do whatever the team needs to win. Like Pippen or James Worthy before him I think Ingram can and will do so.

Well said.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
@BigGame

I said.. "It's really not even a question of whether or not they will show improvement. Given their history it's pretty safe to say they will."

You said.. "It is definitely a question whether or not ALL of them improve. Ignoring that is ridiculous." " But again, saying it’s a sure thing can be explained as nothing but homerism."

Kuz and Ingram have done nothing but Improve since they've been in the league, me saying it's a pretty safe bet to expect them to carry that into this next season seems like a pretty reasonable take. For you to say it's "nothing but homerism" seems pretty silly to me.

They played on bad teams and were given a lot of freedom and opportunity. Now they will be on a better team with less freedom and opportunity. Better opportunities but less of them overall with other people to get involved. Assuming they’ll both improve across the board is some homerism IMO. I hope you’re right though.

I agree with BigGame, on this one. I can't say that Kuz has improved in this league, since he'll be going into his second year now, and there's no prior NBA play to compare his rookie season to. But, B.I. HAS improved in every statistic, since his rookie season. He hasn't made any quantum jumps, but it's been a noticeable upward progression of play.

Now, improvement is entirely subjective. If people are looking entirely at stats to quantify improvement, then that may skew their perception. With LeBron, and the other vets new to the Lakers, the young core won't have the same looks/opportunities, that they had in the past, thus affecting their raw numbers.

B.I. Kuz, Hart, and the rest should be judged by their actual play on the court, as to whether they've made significant progress, or not. The numbers in the box scores should be of secondary concern, imo.

Edit: My bad. misread the quotes. I meant to say I agree with SocalDevin.

Last edited by sonic the laker on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Lakers at least early should start:

PG Rondo (Lonzo if he outplays him that's even better)
SG KCP (See above but with Josh Hart)
SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

Man, is Lonzo criminally underrated around here. The team was better with him on the court vs. off of it to a greater extent than any other player in the rotation last season (+1.4 points per 100 possessions). By comparison, Ingram had the worst differential. (-3.0 points per 100 possessions)

There are a dozen other stats that illustrate the same thing. Lonzo already plays winning basketball, man.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

Man, is Lonzo criminally underrated around here. The team was better with him on the court vs. off of it to a greater extent than any other player in the rotation last season (+1.4 points per 100 possessions). By comparison, Ingram had the worst differential. (-3.0 points per 100 possessions)

There are a dozen other stats that illustrate the same thing. Lonzo already plays winning basketball, man.

Careful, the Ingram crowd has been vicious lately.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

Not big into differentials, as there are multiple factors that play into +/-'s, other than "plus mean he guud, minus mean he bad". Differentials are a piece in a puzzle, as opposed to a stand alone indicator. When Lonzo went down, B.I. played more than admirably well at the point position, and the team did very well.

That said, I do think Zo gets lost in the shuffle a bit, because of his offensive obstacles. I definitely see him as a starter, but I'm glad he has Rondo there to mentor him, and push him to be better.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

It's the usual media narratives making Zo out to be some scrub because...uh, Lavar. Of course, the injuries didn't help his case, but people should still recognize that when he was on the court, he was a net positive AS A ROOKIE.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

The injuries are a big deal though. Until proven otherwise it might be easier/comforting in a sense to just pencil Rondo in.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

I don't think suggesting that Rondo should/might start over Lonzo at the PG position is a knock on Lonzo or that he's worse than Ingram.

Plus 'Playoffs Rondo' is a real thing. I would much rather Rondo start in the playoffs (games that actually matter) over Lonzo at this point of their careers.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

LaVar: Zo is better than Steph!

Everyone else: That is absurd.

LaVar: You is just a sensitive Steph fan!

If you haven't figured it out, you're LaVar in this exchange.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

BI is out in the world Crippin’, Fighting a Morris twin, fighting Greg Monroe, giving props to Stackhouse for fighting NBA players... Some may be true, some may just be rumors... But as long as he’s producing as a Laker and not doing anything stupid what do I care. 😝
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Off/random topic

but man its crazy how young Ingram is, he is still just 20 years old. and just turns 21 in September. Then factor in his current production in year 2, and his tremendous rate of growth/development.

ingram is a year younger than Donovan Mitchell, Simmons, and jayelin brown

7 months younger than josh Jackson (who will turn 22 during the season)

Ingram is still the same age as Tatum (6 months difference)

man, I just think its crazy, the media/fan perception, in terms of trade talks for a star player like kawhi. from the boston side, jayelin brown and Tatum is absolutely untouchable, and if just one of them was on the table, the spurs would take that offer and run. then the rest of the media/fans, nods along, thinking yup that makes sense

now onto the lakers, people say we would have to give up a minimum of Ingram and kuzma, because Ingram isn't nearly enough, and even than the spurs would take it begrudgingly and would need sweetners.like hart and picks

Sorry for the rant, just something that always irked me, mostly when you factor ingram's age, elite length, current production, and rate of development/work ethic. people talk as if brown is this sure-fire can't miss star prospect, while Ingram is just this kinda meh, maybe a rotation/starter level prospect

Rant over
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:

SF Ingram
PF Lebron
C MCgee

6th Kuzma
7th Lonzo
8th Hart
9th Lance
10th Zubac

That's an outright lie.. we call you out on ridiculous takes. I wouldn't characterize that as vicious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1110, 1111, 1112 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1111 of 1885
Jump to: