OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1122, 1123, 1124 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Top 5 scorers IMO:

1. LBJ
2. BI
3. Kuz
4. KCP
5. Hart or Beez.

I think we’re a better team if both Kuz and Ingram can average around 17-18 points rather then one of the two turning into a 20+ scorer while the other stays at 15-16.

Having two near 7 foot wing players dropping buckets next to one of the GOATS is a scary sight. I hope they find a way to get those three in the same lineup for major stretches in the game.

I agree with this, and it's what I was expecting..

I think he meant wingspan @Yin.

Edit.. 7'3 wingspan for Ingram.. Not sure what Kuz's is.

If BI can improve his FT%, and shoot more 3s at say a 36% clip, I think 20ppg is very real with LBJ giving him easier looks. Remember, the team's best defender was usually on him last year. Now, they're guarding LBJ.

Oh I agree totally.. I should clarify, I agree with 1ngr4m in regards to Ingram and Kuz having approximately the same PPG.. I think it will be around 20 for both of them.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1022555331476373504

He looks a little bigger in that last picture, not by much but he doesn't look starved anymore atleast lol.

also, dude is 20 but he's already running out of ink space on his body lmao.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Top 5 scorers IMO:

1. LBJ
2. BI
3. Kuz
4. KCP
5. Hart or Beez.

I think we’re a better team if both Kuz and Ingram can average around 17-18 points rather then one of the two turning into a 20+ scorer while the other stays at 15-16.

Having two near 7 foot wing players dropping buckets next to one of the GOATS is a scary sight. I hope they find a way to get those three in the same lineup for major stretches in the game.

I agree with this, and it's what I was expecting..

I think he meant wingspan @Yin.

Edit.. 7'3 wingspan for Ingram.. Not sure what Kuz's is.

If BI can improve his FT%, and shoot more 3s at say a 36% clip, I think 20ppg is very real with LBJ giving him easier looks. Remember, the team's best defender was usually on him last year. Now, they're guarding LBJ.

Oh I agree totally.. I should clarify, I agree with 1ngr4m in regards to Ingram and Kuz having approximately the same PPG.. I think it will be around 20 for both of them.

If both BI and Kuzma are averaging around 20, we're the second best team in the west over the Rockets IMO. That's 60+ points from three players followed by guys like Lonzo, Hart, Rondo, Beas, Stephenson, McGee etc.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Top 5 scorers IMO:

1. LBJ
2. BI
3. Kuz
4. KCP
5. Hart or Beez.

LBJ 25
BI 15
Kuz 15
ZO 14
KCP 12
Hart 10
Beas 10
Rondo 8
McGee 6

I think 2-10 will likely be extremely close in ppg because of the minutes crunch and having so many mouths to feed. Those numbers look low but add up to 115, there’s only 1 ball to go around. I think these guys will see spikes in efficiency but to expect big jumps in PPG is overly optimistic IMO.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't BI closer to 6'8/6'9?

Yea. Bron measured 6’7.25 without shoes himself and they looked about even.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWM-p6sVAAAkI-4.jpg Here’s the Rising Stars pic. Rumours Boston players grew to 6’9..
Non combine measurements are iffy to me cuz they don’t account for hair often times, so Ingram, Trey Young, Sexton all had a bit taller measurements - latter two confirmed
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

BI/Kuz at 15 while Lonzo is at 14 might be the most ridiculous (bleep) I ever read in my life lmfaoo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BI/Kuz at 15 while Lonzo is at 14 might be the most ridiculous (bleep) I ever read in my life lmfaoo

Seriously.

BI/Kuz's life about to get much easier with LBJ, BI especially b/c he won't have the team's top defender on him anymore.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Top 5 scorers IMO:

1. LBJ
2. BI
3. Kuz
4. KCP
5. Hart or Beez.

LBJ 25
BI 15
Kuz 15
ZO 14
KCP 12
Hart 10
Beas 10
Rondo 8
McGee 6

I think 2-10 will likely be extremely close in ppg because of the minutes crunch and having so many mouths to feed. Those numbers look low but add up to 115, there’s only 1 ball to go around. I think these guys will see spikes in efficiency but to expect big jumps in PPG is overly optimistic IMO.

So it's ridiculous to expect big jumps in PPG, but the guy who has 36/30/45 splits is going to average 4 more points then last season while the two guys who were our leading scorers while being much more efficient are going to average less points per game all of a sudden? Not to mention Lonzo lead out team in minutes and has the best back up out of the whole squad.

NOW it all makes sense, I finally get why you've always had something to say about my Brandon Ingram predictions. Fam, you're equally as bias in the opposite direction with Zo.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Bron 25
Kuzma 20
BI 18
Hart 14
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Seriously.

BI/Kuz's life about to get much easier with LBJ, BI especially b/c he won't have the team's top defender on him anymore.

smh
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Seriously.

I don’t put much weight in the top defender argument these days because of the amount of switching in the modern game. BI struggles to score within the flow of the offense and will not be force fed #1 option touches or get extended time at pg. I see Kuz’ PT being hurt the most by the new acquisitions and his defensive struggles. They also both shot respectable %s last year and I don’t see any increase in shot attempts. Zo shot horribly which allows for big improvement without increases in attempts and he’s playing with other great passers for the first time. He won’t be missed on his cuts near as much(which I think was an unused strength of his last year) and will see a lot more open C&S opportunities. Well see what happens.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Top 5 scorers IMO:

1. LBJ
2. BI
3. Kuz
4. KCP
5. Hart or Beez.

LBJ 25
BI 15
Kuz 15
ZO 14
KCP 12
Hart 10
Beas 10
Rondo 8
McGee 6

So it's ridiculous to expect big jumps in PPG, but the guy who has 36/30/45 splits is going to average 4 more points then last season while the two guys who were our leading scorers while being much more efficient are going to average less points per game all of a sudden? Not to mention Lonzo lead out team in minutes and has the best back up out of the whole squad.

NOW it all makes sense, I finally get why you've always had something to say about my Brandon Ingram predictions. Fam, you're equally as bias in the opposite direction with Zo.

The %s are a big reason why I see a potential PPG bump. I also expect him to play minutes next to Rondo which he will benefit from.

I just think Zo is a far superior prospect.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1022555331476373504

He looks a little bigger in that last picture, not by much but he doesn't look starved anymore atleast lol.

also, dude is 20 but he's already running out of ink space on his body lmao.

It's not size but functional strength...

To me his deltoids, pectoralis major, upper lats, and rhomboids look very strong for his frame. The size will come around 24 to 26 years of age.

This kid is going to be an annual all-star and be in his prime when LBJ retires.

#BannersOverBillboards
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Seriously.

smh

kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Think Kuzma will avg more than INgram since he is a more natural scorer.

IF KCP +ROndo/Lonzo avg at least 25 together, we should be in good position.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Think Kuzma will avg more than INgram since he is a more natural scorer.

IF KCP +ROndo/Lonzo avg at least 25 together, we should be in good position.

my thoughts as well.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

The reason Kuz may average more is because BI will be relied upon to be a playmaker instead of just a scorer. Kuz will have even more of a green light to chuck.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The reason Kuz may average more is because BI will be relied upon to be a playmaker instead of just a scorer. Kuz will have even more of a green light to chuck.

That ain’t the only reason Kuzma fits better with Lebron because he’s better at running off screens and catch and shoots
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I think BI will be a 2nd option that can create his own shot like Kyrie was during the Cavs championship season in 2015-16. Now obviously, BI's not as good as that guy, but he will stand out from all the guys on our current squad and be our #2 scorer. I'm thinking he'll average around 19 ppg (which is around what Kyrie averaged that year).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Don’t we already have enough playmakers with Rondo/Ball/Lance? I don’t think BI needs to be a playmaker with so many options at the guard spot.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

Don’t we already have enough playmakers with Rondo/Ball/Lance? I don’t think BI needs to be a playmaker with so many options at the guard spot.

That doesn't mean BI won't be a playmaker at all. It means he’ll be doing it less. He’s not the kind of offensive player who looks for his own shot first. He's a more willing ball mover than Kuz is, so Kuz will probably take more shots.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Seriously.

smh

I provided reasons for my opinion. Anybody care to do the same?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

That doesn't mean BI won't be a playmaker at all. It means he’ll be doing it less. He’s not the kind of offensive player who looks for his own shot first. He's a more willing ball mover than Kuz is, so Kuz will probably take more shots.

I was thinking along these lines.. Ingram get's the ball and usually his first instinct is to read, Kuz is super aggressive, his first instinct is to attack.

Initially I believe Kuz will score a few points more, not much. Throughout the season I can see both of them averaging about the same amount.

Hopefully Kuz is a starter, if not I suppose that's another variable to account for.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

I was thinking along these lines.. Ingram get's the ball and usually his first instinct is to read, Kuz is super aggressive, his first instinct is to attack.

Initially I believe Kuz will score a few points more, not much. Throughout the season I can see both of them averaging about the same amount.

Hopefully Kuz is a starter, if not I suppose that's another variable to account for.

I agree. I don’t expect Kuz to start though.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:

Ah, yes. That's a much, much more articulate way of putting it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1122, 1123, 1124 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1123 of 1885
Jump to: