OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
The reason Kuz may average more is because BI will be relied upon to be a playmaker instead of just a scorer. Kuz will have even more of a green light to chuck.

I doubt Ingram plays a playmaking role, we have that covered this season. Remember that they put him there last season to keep him engaged when he didn’t have the ball.

I don't mean being the primary facilitator though. I just don't expect him to be going out there looking for his own shot as first resort when they run the offense through him. I think he’ll be balanced with his scoring and making plays for others.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
The reason Kuz may average more is because BI will be relied upon to be a playmaker instead of just a scorer. Kuz will have even more of a green light to chuck.

I doubt Ingram plays a playmaking role, we have that covered this season. Remember that they put him there last season to keep him engaged when he didn’t have the ball.

I don't mean being the primary facilitator though. I just don't expect him to be going out there looking for his own shot as first resort when they run the offense through him. I think he’ll be balanced with his scoring and making plays for others.

Luke has a very interesting job this season. He better bring his A game.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
laker50 wrote:
Ingram doesn't have to be a star for the Lakers to win. But he has to be an ALMOST star. Average 18 PPG, 6 rebounds, and play good defense.

Another almost star is KCP. If he can go 16PPG, and good defense he would be considered part of the young core.

Scoring will not be a problem with Kuzma, Hart, Beasley, Rondo,
also being able to score.

Now if only Lonzo will work on and develop a jump shot, the Lakers will be dangerous. But if they play him to pass would go with Rondo until Lonzo learns to shoot. Let alone clutch shooting.
Lonzo is a jump shot away from stardom.
Haven't you heard it before?

all i want from Ingram is over the top defense when he is playing. thats all

I mean, he did play point guard for a stretch last season. Pretty sure there's some offensive ability there, no?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1022555331476373504

Quote:

Los Angeles Lakers

Verified account

🏀 @B_Ingram13 getting the work in #LakeShow

I think so.. but I noticed in that thread that someone posted recent pictures of Tatum working with Kobe. I suppose I shouldn't feel any kind of way about it, but I'd rather see him with our guys. And if he is with our guys and we don't have footage then just disregard what I'm saying.

Edit: Kobe with Tatum
https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops

Tatum is out there working out with Joel Embiid, Kobe, etc he is putting in work this off-season While Lonzo is out here benching with high school form

...and gotten noticeably bigger...and has been watching film with Magic.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Devin, we should all have someone who loves us like you love Ingram lol.

lmao.. Whyyyy do you guys think this?

I merely defend the guy. I won't say he's going to be a superstar, won't say he's a future all-star. I only defend him against the takes that I perceive cap him.

Yall was kinda tough on my boy for a while, even though he earned a lot of the criticism initially.

I’ve actually been less critical of Ingram than the idea that you have to believe he’s an obvious budding superstar or you’re just crazy. He has a huge floor to ceiling range imo. But I know people married forty years who have never stepped up for each other the way you have for Ingram. Not judging bro, just answering the question. Far better than hating on a guy nonstop.

lmfao, in one sentence you judge the dude and in the next sentence you say "not judging bro".

I know you're not really trying to bait the dude or anything but I just found that funny
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Tatum is out there working out with Joel Embiid, Kobe, etc he is putting in work this off-season While Lonzo is out here benching with high school form

Out here recuperating from surgery.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

^ did the hater post in the wrong thread?

Anyway. Clicked the BI back in town link. Did he get more tats? Arms looked sleeved up.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Anyway. Clicked the BI back in town link. Did he get more tats? Arms looked sleeved up.

Your signature triggers the (bleep) out of me
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:

Your signature triggers the (bleep) out of me

Don't worry. The trade is very unlikely to happen.

Last edited by epak on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I merely defend the guy. I won't say he's going to be a superstar, won't say he's a future all-star. I only defend him against the takes that I perceive cap him.

Yall was kinda tough on my boy for a while, even though he earned a lot of the criticism initially.

I’ve actually been less critical of Ingram than the idea that you have to believe he’s an obvious budding superstar or you’re just crazy. He has a huge floor to ceiling range imo. But I know people married forty years who have never stepped up for each other the way you have for Ingram. Not judging bro, just answering the question. Far better than hating on a guy nonstop.

lmfao, in one sentence you judge the dude and in the next sentence you say "not judging bro".

I know you're not really trying to bait the dude or anything but I just found that funny

No, I wasn’t judging his reasons, just pointing out that he is extremely attached and loyal to Ingram. He brought it up. And I don’t think we need your help.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

No, I wasn’t judging his reasons, just pointing out that he is extremely attached and loyal to Ingram. He brought it up. And I don’t think we need your help.

yikes, have a good day man I wasn't trying to say anything offensive lol
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Think Kuzma will avg more than INgram since he is a more natural scorer.

IF KCP +ROndo/Lonzo avg at least 25 together, we should be in good position.

There’s a good chance that KCP is our second leading scorer

He was the 6th leading scorer on the Lakers last year. Why the hell would you think he would be second this year?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

yikes, have a good day man I wasn't trying to say anything offensive lol

Then just let a light hearted moment between me and Devin go.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

@Lakers 4 eva.. I was thinking the same thing lol.. but didn't wan't to say anything. VLF seems to catch a lot of heat on here.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Think Kuzma will avg more than INgram since he is a more natural scorer.

IF KCP +ROndo/Lonzo avg at least 25 together, we should be in good position.

There’s a good chance that KCP is our second leading scorer

He was the 6th leading scorer on the Lakers last year. Why the hell would you think he would be second this year?

I mean I guess the reasoning could be that KCP was used the most off of screens, catch and shoot etc. which is the prototypical role player that surrounds Lebron.

but it's a massive reach
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't BI closer to 6'8/6'9?

Yea. Bron measured 6’7.25 without shoes himself and they looked about even.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWM-p6sVAAAkI-4.jpg Here’s the Rising Stars pic. Rumours Boston players grew to 6’9..
Non combine measurements are iffy to me cuz they don’t account for hair often times, so Ingram, Trey Young, Sexton all had a bit taller measurements - latter two confirmed

if you look at that picture...we list BI and Kuz @ 6'9" and Ball @ 6'6"....Kuz looks like he has at least 0.5" on BI......and Kuz looks like he has 4"-5" on Ball. Kuzma was the only one measured at the combine....@ 6'8" without shoes....@ 6'9.5" with shoes. If that is accurate, then BI is probably around 6'9" with shoes, and Ball is 6'5" with shoes.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWM-p6sVAAAkI-4.jpg Here’s the Rising Stars pic. Rumours Boston players grew to 6’9..
Non combine measurements are iffy to me cuz they don’t account for hair often times, so Ingram, Trey Young, Sexton all had a bit taller measurements - latter two confirmed

if you look at that picture...we list BI and Kuz @ 6'9" and Ball @ 6'6"....Kuz looks like he has at least 0.5" on BI......and Kuz looks like he has 4"-5" on Ball. Kuzma was the only one measured at the combine....@ 6'8" without shoes....@ 6'9.5" with shoes. If that is accurate, then BI is probably around 6'9" with shoes, and Ball is 6'5" with shoes.

Idk , it’s hard to be precise when guys are listed more than a couple inches apart...

But comparing Lonzo to guys listed 6’5-6’6, he’s taller
https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/gettyimages-830256680.jpg Taller than Hart

And taller than Luke Kennard https://cdn.nba.net/nba-drupal-prod/2017-06/draftpic.jpg
Luke is 6’4.5 without shoes so he should be 6’6 himself , although I’ve noticed a lot of players look shorter in dress shoes I guess some have no heel
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Kuzma looks legit 6’10
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Kuzma looks legit 6’10

In some shoes he’s about that. He could be wearing 1.75” shoes and Ingram 1” flat.. common stuff. Add that to being .5” genuinely taller than Ingram , lets say
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Idk , it’s hard to be precise when guys are listed more than a couple inches apart...

But comparing Lonzo to guys listed 6’5-6’6, he’s taller
https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/gettyimages-830256680.jpg Taller than Hart

And taller than Luke Kennard https://cdn.nba.net/nba-drupal-prod/2017-06/draftpic.jpg
Luke is 6’4.5 without shoes so he should be 6’6 himself , although I’ve noticed a lot of players look shorter in dress shoes I guess some have no heel

Great Team USA pic! Tatum looks taller than BI. In Summer League BI looked the same height as Lebron. Lebron recently told reporters he’s 6’9”. So I’m guessing that’s with shoes on. Kuzma looks like he can pass for 6’10”, which is great if we’re gonna play him at center or switch him off on centers. He defended Porzingis well this year and didn’t look too short next to him. In comparison, Porzingis makes KLove look like a midget.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Kuzma looks slightly taller than Ingram up close, FWIW.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

FWIW, thank you
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I'm guessing Kuz doesn't look any taller than 6'9" either?

Maybe Kuz is 6'9.5 or so?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
has this been posted yet?

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1022555331476373504

Quote:

Los Angeles Lakers

Verified account

🏀 @B_Ingram13 getting the work in #LakeShow

I think so.. but I noticed in that thread that someone posted recent pictures of Tatum working with Kobe. I suppose I shouldn't feel any kind of way about it, but I'd rather see him with our guys. And if he is with our guys and we don't have footage then just disregard what I'm saying.

Edit: Kobe with Tatum
https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops

...and gotten noticeably bigger...and has been watching film with Magic.

Hopefully not reruns of the Magic Hour.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

A year ago Magic challenged Ingram to average 18 points a game, and he came close. If I'm Magic I'd challenge him to average 22-23 a game this year. He'll likely fall a little short of that, but then he'll still average around 20 a game and that would be great because then he could carry the offense in short stretches and be Lebron's new sidekick or mini-me. Scottie Pippen averaged 19-20 a game when he won titles with Jordan as his sidekick.

I also really want Ingram to become an elite defender with his length and wingspan. He should watch film of Pippen and Michael Cooper since both of them were also skinny and had the same kind of athleticism.

If Ingram averages around 20 a game this season we could really surprise people.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1125 of 1885
Jump to: