OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1146, 1147, 1148 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I want to know about Ingram’s shooting. Micah was the guy Ingram tagged in the “they say I can’t shoot” Insta post. What has Micah done to help his shot, and how does he rate Ingram as a shooter.

Also, does Micah watch tape of the player he’s going to train, and pinpoint weak areas? What did he see with Ingram?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
Not sure if it’s duplicate

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmtW-nIH0Qc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pbok19da5imz

Seems to be working on relevant skills

JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I want to know about Ingram’s shooting. Micah was the guy Ingram tagged in the “they say I can’t shoot” Insta post. What has Micah done to help his shot, and how does he rate Ingram as a shooter.

That would be the question that must be asked.
I believe the ceiling of BI is predicated on his success as a shooter behind 3pt line.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Think we've reached a point where we no longer need to worry about his jump shot. At worst he'll be an average 3pt shooter, based on what he did last season. IMO
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's trainer sounds like a really insecure dude.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
LeBron's trainer sounds like a really insecure dude.

Are you guys referring to Cuffs?
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lancaster agreed to come on to discuss the work BI's done this offseason. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll use them but I'll definitely consider them.

Awesome. I'm curious what his reply is to other trainers who think his methods are just a "scam."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lancaster agreed to come on to discuss the work BI's done this offseason. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll use them but I'll definitely consider them.

Probably would be covered anyway, but I'd like to hear how he thinks BI compares to other players he's worked with. What does he need to improve. What progress did they make this summer. What about FTs?
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice job GT.
What work if any has he done with BI that will possibly help Brandon co exist with a high usage player like Lebron?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I think a good question to ask would be, when Ingram came to you what did he think were the primary areas he wanted you to work on him with, and what did you (micah) think were the primaries ares you could help him improve on?

Also, the videos of BI's workouts with you seem to focus heavily on ball handling, was that the major focus, and what other areas of his game did you guys work on?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Think we've reached a point where we no longer need to worry about his jump shot. At worst he'll be an average 3pt shooter, based on what he did last season. IMO

I'm still worried because it's too slow, and I think that will keep his volume from being as high as it should be.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I'm still worried because it's too slow, and I think that will keep his volume from being as high as it should be.

It's actually faster based on his workout videos. His volume was low because he was still acclimating to the adjustments they made to his shot. He wasn't going to take 3's unless he had enough time to get it off unrushed. This was discussed with whoever was helping him with his shooting. It was by design.

With more looks being generated for him by Bron, coupled with him being well adjusted to the changes, I see no reason to be concerned about his volume.

Just as I saw no reason to be concerned about him ever becoming a decent shooter. It's still too early to have concerns about anything in regards to our young guys.

Not concerned or worried about Ball's shooting, or Kuz's Defense.. They'll figure it out.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Awesome. Just yesterday I sent him some questions for an interview with our Lakers Brasil website. I'll share his answers with you guys too.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It's actually faster based on his workout videos. His volume was low because he was still acclimating to the adjustments they made to his shot. He wasn't going to take 3's unless he had enough time to get it off unrushed. This was discussed with whoever was helping him with his shooting. It was by design.

With more looks being generated for him by Bron, coupled with him being well adjusted to the changes, I see no reason to be concerned about his volume.

Just as I saw no reason to be concerned about him ever becoming a decent shooter. It's still too early to have concerns about anything in regards to our young guys.

Not concerned or worried about Ball's shooting, or Kuz's Defense.. They'll figure it out.

It’s up in the air how he’ll shoot this year. He’ll be a good case-study as a guy with definite potential to be a solid shooter, whether or not he can expidite that process. There’s a lot of cases of guys turning around their shooting in any given year between 3-5. Also cases of %s dipping. Im confident he’ll be a solid shooter in his prime, but there are more below average year 3 shooters than average.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

There's a division in opinion regarding whether or not BI is gaining body mass. I'd be curious how much BI actually weighs now and how many, if any, pounds he's managed to put on this summer. If he's willing to divulge of course.

I'd also be curious how the sets Lancaster is putting BI through relate to specific holes in BI's game and specific play sets where he could be more effective.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It’s up in the air how he’ll shoot this year. He’ll be a good case-study as a guy with definite potential to be a solid shooter, whether or not he can expidite that process. There’s a lot of cases of guys turning around their shooting in any given year between 3-5. Also cases of %s dipping. Im confident he’ll be a solid shooter in his prime, but there are more below average year 3 shooters than average.

Up in the air for you.. He shot well enough last season to warrant not having any concerns. There is no process to expedite when you've already demonstrated that you're a competent shooter. Also don't agree about him being a "competent shooter in his prime" when he already is.

In regards to your last point I would think we all would have learned by now.. that you don't look at what others did and extract a projection for Ingram, or opinion on what Ingram will do based on it. Many of you have been wrong in doing this, especially in regards to his shooting. I remember you specifically making threads and soliciting feedback on what kind of player Ingram would be should he never get a jump shot. This was done before he started his second season, which I thought was absurd. In hindsight it was. The jury is no longer out in regards to whether or not Ingram will be able to shoot.

Within this forum it was said by many that they'd be happy with him reaching 35%. He's at 39%. On higher volume I think it's safe to say that percentage would dip, I doubt it would fall below 35%, which isn't bad at all.

The can he shoot, or will he shoot well narrative should be put to bed. The new narrative should be whether or not he will be a great or good 3pt shooter. Which I believe is very possible.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Clinging to the 39% like it’s a solid argument is crazy - he was a 33% 3pt as of February 6th.. 2 months of raising your % on low attempts doesn’t make you a cemented competent shooter at the moment , and isn’t definitive proof that you will be a good shooter the following year on more attempts

I think his shooting competency, when factoring in his shooting from midrange - makes him a halfway decent bet to shoot well next year on higher attempts.. Not a bad bet to take.. but beyond that.. you’re tripping
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Clinging to the 39% like it’s a solid argument is crazy - he was a 33% 3pt as of February 6th.. 2 months of raising your % on low attempts doesn’t make you a cemented competent shooter at the moment , and isn’t definitive proof that you will be a good shooter the following year on more attempts

I think his shooting competency, when factoring in his shooting from midrange - makes him a halfway decent bet to shoot well next year on higher attempts.. Not a bad bet to take.. but beyond that.. you’re tripping

This is what I'd expect you to say.. We can agree to disagree, I try to limit my interactions with you for obvious reasons. And If I'm tripping then a lot of other posters are tripping as well, including some of the mods, who also believe Ingram is a decent shooter.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

He shot 40% from 3 at Duke, had a bad shooting rookie year-which is not uncommon at all- then shot 39% from 3 in his second NBA season. IMO, BI is a good shooter.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
He shot 40% from 3 at Duke, had a bad shooting rookie year-which is not uncommon at all- then shot 39% from 3 in his second NBA season. IMO, BI is a good shooter.

You trippin..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

The Duke year was the only year maybe in his life that he was a legit good shooter(attempts + percent) , the Draftexpress guys shared his HS% and it was not good, I don’t remember what it was but it was in the 32-34% range
(He isn’t some natural shooter)
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Ok my bad he shot well as a SR in high school, that’s good. Didn’t shoot well JR year. And I thought someone from DX tweeted that they have cumulative #s from him at tournaments as well as HS and it wasn’t good..can’t find it
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

In October, November, December and January, BI made 25 of 74 3-pt attempts (just a hair better than 33.3%); he did this in 46 games. So, he attempted about 1.6 3-pt shots per game.

In February and March, BI made 16 of 31 3-pt attempts (just a little bit better than 50%); he did this in 13 games. He attempted roughly 2.38 3-pt shots per game.

It will be very interesting to see which BI we get this season.

--Anonymous
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

This is what I'd expect you to say.. We can agree to disagree, I try to limit my interactions with you for obvious reasons. And If I'm tripping then a lot of other posters are tripping as well, including some of the mods, who also believe Ingram is a decent shooter.

Are you sure you want to be speaking for others including the mods? Your claims are pretty bold. These go beyond predictions, you state them as if they are fact.

SocalDevin wrote:
He shot well enough last season to warrant not having any concerns.

SocalDevin wrote:
Also don't agree about him being a "competent shooter in his prime" when he already is.

SocalDevin wrote:
The jury is no longer out in regards to whether or not Ingram will be able to shoot.

SocalDevin wrote:
The can he shoot, or will he shoot well narrative should be put to bed.

The fact is he shot 105 threes last season. He made 41. The difference between him being a 39% shooter and a 33% shooter were 6 threes made. Each three he made last year translated to roughly 1% pt. That is crazy low volume.

Nothing should be "put to bed" on a volume of 105 3pt attempts. This goes for any player, not just Brandon Ingram.

Think about this, Steph Curry takes almost 900 threes a season. That's like 150 attempts per month.

If Brandon Ingram took all his 105 attempts in one month, no one would be concluding anything. But, because he spread his 105 attempts over a full year, now it should be "put to bed"?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Yea I'm speaking for others when they said what I said they said.. So yea I'm sure that's something I want to do..

Odd that you would characterize my takes as bold.. maybe we have a different understanding of its meaning. If I had said he would be a great shooter next season or really good next season, that would qualify. But for me to communicate that he would be a competent shooter given the "fact" that he was last season seems like a reasonable and modest take.

No matter how you wanna shake it or break it down.. you can't get around the "fact" that he shot 39% from behind the arc. It's put to bed as far as I'm concerned, you feel free to harbor doubt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1146, 1147, 1148 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1147 of 1885
Jump to: