OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1150, 1151, 1152 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
Na Bruh Kareem would tap that a**

That meant something completely different back in the day.

Was gonna comment the same thing.

Just doesn't sound right...
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:

Lol.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:

Lol.

Ya Wilt was the ass tapper.
Don't believe me. Ask Otto Porter Jr.'s mom.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Let's reel it in, fellas.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

Kinda crazy how in almost every Kobe interview since lebron coming he hasn't mentioned brandon at all. Good praise for Kuz tho and mentions Lonzo.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kinda crazy how in almost every Kobe interview since lebron coming he hasn't mentioned brandon at all. Good praise for Kuz tho and mentions Lonzo.

Stop it, man lol. Just stop. Didn't you also think that BI was going to be traded (or knew he was going to be traded) because he spent so much time away from LA when he was training?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Stop it, man lol. Just stop. Didn't you also think that BI was going to be traded (or knew he was going to be traded) because he spent so much time away from LA when he was training?

Just pointing out that Kobe hasn’t mentioned him. Bi is my favorite player haha. Was hoping he’d get some praise from my former favorite player.

And yeah I did say that. I could’ve been wrong or right who knows.

Don’t like what I say don’t come on here lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Judah wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Just pointing out that Kobe hasn’t mentioned him. Bi is my favorite player haha. Was hoping he’d get some praise from my former favorite player.

And yeah I did say that. I could’ve been wrong or right who knows.

Don’t like what I say don’t come on here lol

Kobe and Tatum are more like Kobe, mentality wise.
BI is more Stackhouse? (Personality, not game).
I don't think every player has to be training with Kobe.
And it's ok to not be mentioned by him

Also, trade talk is fun
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

I would think Kobe has worked with BI in previous years. I agree though that Kuzma is more like Kobe and it might be they just have more of a connection. Brandon will be just fine.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

If BI wants to work with Kobe all he has to do is ask and show up.

It would benefit his game. Yeah Ingram has a lengthy frame, but that doesn't mean that extra movement/footwork wouldn't be extremely beneficial to him. IF anything it would make him even harder to stop, and that is something you should want for him. Extra movement, pump fakes. crafty tricks, yeah only make it harder to defend him as well.

He just needs to stop giving lip service about working with Kobe and actually go to the guy and ask him to work with him. Kobe's right there.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

It would benefit his game. Yeah Ingram has a lengthy frame, but that doesn't mean that extra movement/footwork wouldn't be extremely beneficial to him. IF anything it would make him even harder to stop, and that is something you should want for him. Extra movement, pump fakes. crafty tricks, yeah only make it harder to defend him as well.

He just needs to stop giving lip service about working with Kobe and actually go to the guy and ask him to work with him. Kobe's right there.

Working with Kobe isn't the be all end all of a guys career you know. Why would BI want to work with Kobe when Kobe has done his very best to avoid giving him any praise or mentioning him when talking about the young core? I've always felt Kobe wasn't a fan and BI probably sees it too.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Working with Kobe isn't the be all end all of a guys career you know. Why would BI want to work with Kobe when Kobe has done his very best to avoid giving him any praise or mentioning him when talking about the young core? I've always felt Kobe wasn't a fan and BI probably sees it too.

Way to completely absolve the responsibility from Ingram (which is his and HIS ALONE) and try to make this about Kobe...

You sound paranoid and defensive. Kobe works out with EVERYONE, including Celtic players. It's all about who has the balls and the initiative to reach out to him.

https://www.axs.com/kobe-bryant-brandon-ingram-has-potential-to-be-fantastic-defensively-105030

“He plays with great tempo. I like his length, his ball handling ability, he can get to spots on the floor. I think defensively he has the potential to be fantastic as well. He has long arms and long legs, so hopefully he starts paying attention to that just as much as the offensive end.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693241-with-almost-maniacal-focus-on-his-craft-brandon-ingram-finding-his-inner-kobe

Ingram has been longing all season for the chance to connect with Bryant, yearning to find out specifically "whatever he did his rookie year to get prepared" and generally about that killer mentality that Ingram called "unreal."

Ingram's wish came true Wednesday when he got a text message from Bryant—"What up, youngin? It's Kobe. Hit me up"—to open the door to what could be a wealth of information. Ingram initially didn't believe it was really Kobe.

https://www.axs.com/lakers-brass-urging-brandon-ingram-to-work-with-kobe-bryant-117346

“Just saying what I should look for in this organization and how I should be in this organization,” Ingram said. “They definitely thought Kobe should be one of the people I talk to just to think about how he felt at 19 years old and 20 years old being in this organization.”

Even head coach Luke Walton believes it is a good idea for the potential future face of the Lakers franchise to pick Kobe's brain during the offseason. Walton thinks Bryant is the ideal person for Ingram to learn from, via Medina:

“He can learn a lot from someone like Kobe that has been through it and a has a certain skill that is much higher than me or anyone on our staff had,” Walton said. “It will be great if they can get in the gym together and Kobe can show him some of the drills and the amount of times he spent on just the basics [of footwork], all of those simple things he spent hours and hours on. That would be great.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/04/25/kobe-bryants-love-for-storytelling-helps-him-move-on-from-basketball/

Have Bryant and Ingram scheduled any workouts yet?

“I don’t know, honestly. I’m always around,” Bryant said. “Guys call me all the time, even guys that are still playing in the playoffs. They reach out to me and ask for some advice on certain things or ask me to take a look at some things here and there. I’m always around. So if he wants to come (down) and work out, he has my cell obviously. I’m sure he’ll reach out at some point and come (down) to O.C. and we’ll get a workout in. It’s no problem.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/23/lakers-brandon-ingram-wants-to-dream-big-with-his-5-year-plan/

The Lakers surely will play host to those players as they evaluate their options with their No. 2 draft pick, but the most interesting workouts of the summer might involve former Laker Kobe Bryant and Lakers forward Brandon Ingram. Fresh off his rookie season, Ingram hopes to accelerate his growth by training with the future Hall of Famer in Orange County.

“Of course, it’s going to happen eventually this summer,” Ingram said in a phone interview. “I’ll pick his brain on whatever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/11/30/lakers-warriors-lonzo-ball-brandon-ingram/908217001/

While Ingram hasn’t replicated Kuzma’s move of dining with Kobe Bryant, he has established a productive rapport with the Lakers legend.

“No dinner, but we’ve connected on the phone a couple of times, where I’ve asked him about film,” Ingram said. “I called him before the OKC game last year (on Feb. 24), and that’s when the change of Magic and all the little stuff with (former general manager) Mitch Kupchak happened.

“I wanted to know about (Thunder point guard) Russell Westbrook, wanted to know how (Bryant) watched film and how I could affect the game. The first thing he said to me was defense. He didn’t even say anything about offense. He said defense, and Magic had told me the day before about how I could use my length to get to the basket, so I just put those two together. And I think after that OKC game, it changed my whole season around last year.”

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/12/free-agents-lebron-john-williams-oscar-shaq-chicago-bulls/

Brandon Ingram has said that he wants to train with you this offseason. Are you planning to work out with him?

KB: He and I had talked about it, but I haven’t heard from him yet [this summer]. But I do know that’s something he wants to do, so we’ll see.

I’ve gotten several calls from players already [who want to train with me] and I’m trying to work them into my schedule. I want to get some guys out to O.C. and work out with them for a bit. I have a handful of requests in so far.

Seems to me that its pretty well documented Kobe praising Ingram's potential since day 1, reaching out to him and making it MORE THAN CLEAR that he's available to work out with Ingram, and that the Lakers THEMSELVES have been pushing him to reach out to Kobe yet nothing has materialized (or at least it hasn't been reported yet)...

That's on Ingram, buddy... Kind of reminds of of when Dwight Howard came here with all the lipservice about working with Kareem and even posting a corny photo of him with Kareem and then NEVER doing anything with him...

See how I can draw my own conclusions about Ingram based on absolutely nothing? (Because truthfully we don't even know if he has or HASN'T worked out with Kobe)
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Blech.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Blech.

Dude just got back from suspension and he’s right back to calling people paranoid and defensive. Sigh.

Maybe Ingram wants to do his own thing. Nothing wrong with that.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Why is working out with Kobe Bryant such a big deal? I would be worried if Ingram wasn't working on his game at all and wasn't even reaching out to a Laker legend that's been working out with whoever asks him but BI has been doing his thing. He's been training with Micah all summer, he's already started working out Lebron along with Kuzma.

Plus, to me it makes alot more sense for Kuzma to work out with Kobe because of his scoring mentality oriented game, while Ingram would probably benefit more from trying to implement the type of game that Lebron has.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

1) Working out with Kobe is wildly overrated by fans and isn't some magic elixir.

2) If Ingram isn't working out with Kobe because Kobe hasn't been properly effusive in his praise of him in the media, that would reflect absolutely terribly on Ingram.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

1) Working out with Kobe is wildly overrated by fans and isn't some magic elixir.

2) If Ingram isn't working out with Kobe because Kobe hasn't been properly effusive in his praise of him in the media, that would reflect absolutely terribly on Ingram.

Kobe wants to work out with Tatum and Kuzma because they resemble far more closely to him, BI is better off working with a guy he resembles the most, KD.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Kobe wants to work out with Tatum and Kuzma because they resemble far more closely to him, BI is better off working with a guy he resembles the most, KD.

I think it’s more the other way around. But I’m guessing.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

That would be an overstatement.

Kobe is now working out with Tatum. If Kobe didn't praise him in the media, maybe they don't work out this summer.

If they don't work out this summer, I can't say that "If Tatum isn't working out with Kobe because Kobe hasn't been properly effusive in his praise of him in the media, that would reflect absolutely terribly on Tatum."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I think it’s more the other way around. But I’m guessing.

There is no guessing, it makes no sense for a player who wants his own craft to work out with a player that he has no familiarity with, but I can see why fans would want him to work out with a former great player like Kobe.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Kobe is now working out with Tatum. If Kobe didn't praise him in the media, maybe they don't work out this summer.

If they don't work out this summer, I can't say that "If Tatum isn't working out with Kobe because Kobe hasn't been properly effusive in his praise of him in the media, that would reflect absolutely terribly on Tatum."

This is so backward to me. As though Kobe Bryant - MVP, 18-time All-Star, 15-time All-NBA selection, 5-time champion and future 1st ballot HOFer - needs to gush over kids who haven't accomplished (bleep) in order to work out with them.

There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons why Ingram hasn't worked out with Kobe - frankly I don't think it's a big deal if he never does - but him not being properly effusive about Ingram in the media isn't one of them. That's weak.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

This is pretty cool

https://twitter.com/MMJKaiJones/status/1033439395993595905
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

This is so backward to me. As though Kobe Bryant - MVP, 18-time All-Star, 15-time All-NBA selection, 5-time champion and future 1st ballot HOFer - needs to gush over kids who haven't accomplished (bleep) in order to work out with them.

There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons why Ingram hasn't worked out with Kobe - frankly I don't think it's a big deal if he never does - but him not being properly effusive about Ingram in the media isn't one of them. That's weak.

But that's the exact case in Tatum.

Not sure why you consider it weak.

It's perfectly reasonable. And it's life.

It's a mentor-mentee relationship. Sometimes it's the mentor that offers their interest. Sometimes it's the mentee that initiates.

Kareem offered to help out Dwight.

Sometimes, you want to give people their space. Kobe's got 3 kids? He's got so many things going on. Does he even have the time? Is he interested in mentoring/working out with anyone, much less you?

Sometimes you just assume he's busy and it doesn't cross your mind. You make plans for the summer working with other trainers and it doesn't cross your mind to ask Kobe.

Sometimes it does take a hint from Kobe that he's available and he's interested.

That's what happens in real life.

Not sure why that would absolutely reflect terribly on Ingram. That's exactly how Kobe got together with Tatum. Kobe planted the seed first and Tatum grabbed it.

I don't think Tatum works out with Kobe this summer if Kobe didn't do that ESPN Detail on him.

And if not, it doesn't absolutely reflect terribly on Tatum either. Nor does it make him weak.

Think of all the mentor-mentee relationships you've had in your life. Were they all intiated by you? Or did some of them come to be because the mentor intiated?

Give you an example:

You probably never contacted Jerry West about sitting down and watching game film together (guessing). You'd probably love to have that chance.

Maybe one day, Jerry West comes out and says in the media "you know, I came across this site, LakerFilmRoom. They do a great job breaking down film. It's fascinating. I'd like to sit down with that man and break down film with him."

Maybe after seeing that, you'd be more inclined to contact Jerry West and ask him to break down film with you.

You can say, if not for Jerry West praising you in the media, you would not have been breaking down film with him. That'd be a true statement, and it doesn't absolutely reflect terribly on you, nor would it make you weak.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
This is pretty cool

Must be a great feeling being loved in you’re community
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
This is pretty cool

7 RT and 6 likes, how the hell did you find that lol. Do people just share random clips/news they find with your LakersFilmRoom twitter account? That's pretty dope
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1150, 1151, 1152 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1151 of 1885
Jump to: