OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Don't really care what he or Kuz averages in regular season.

hopefully we get to see if they can perform big time in the playoffs

I agree...we saw Tatum and Brown get so much praise because they were contributing in the playoffs. I know if Ingram and Kuzma got the same stage, they would produce at the same level. Our guys just need better media attention, and we will certainly get that with Lebron in town.

My sentiments exactly. I was saying this in the playoffs last year. I think our guys if given that stage would have done well too... Plus they got the benefit of playing with an allstar all year (Kyrie)... We should expect to see the national media to finally come around about our young core by 30 games into the season
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm on the side that wants them to do great in the regular season as well as the playoffs. Not just the playoffs.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm on the side that wants them to do great in the regular season as well as the playoffs. Not just the playoffs.

...and the Finals!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
epak wrote:

...and the Finals!

I'm on board!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
epak wrote:

...and the Finals!

I'm on board!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram is trying to improve ‘everything’ about his game this summer
Brandon Ingram doesn’t want one specific role. He wants to be the type of do-it-all contributor the Lakers need alongside LeBron James.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/5/17823194/brandon-ingram-lakers-improve-everything-lebron-james-micah-lancaster-trainer-laker-film-room
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Brandon Ingram doesn’t want one specific role. He wants to be the type of do-it-all contributor the Lakers need alongside LeBron James.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/5/17823194/brandon-ingram-lakers-improve-everything-lebron-james-micah-lancaster-trainer-laker-film-room

The next Scottie Pippen
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Looking back on Lebron's career, what players who played with Lebron benefited the most?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

The next Scottie Pippen

The next Micheal Jordon
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Looking back on Lebron's career, what players who played with Lebron benefited the most?
This man
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

LeBron has made a lot of players get contracts that they didn’t deserve because of how he makes them better with his unselfish play...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron has made a lot of players get contracts that they didn’t deserve because of how he makes them better with his unselfish play...

Lebron ball makes scrubs look great but all-star talent look mediocre.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He made Irving raise his game to another level, just because other players didn’t fit well with him doesn’t mean he doesn’t elevate players..
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think Love was always mediocre and was just good at stat stuffing on a bad team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I think Love was always mediocre and was just good at stat stuffing on a bad team.

I thought Love played a part on Cavs making a run at the finals.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He made Irving raise his game to another level, just because other players didn’t fit well with him doesn’t mean he doesn’t elevate players..

kyrie got older and wiser and with bron(or any other top tier superstar(KD) kyrie would've been in the finals and had a chance to win it all.
when you're as good as kyrie all you need is another partner to put you all the way on the map. bron didnt make kyrie better.

Bron surely didnt make Klove better.

Mo williams was a nice role playing baller with and without bron.
Jr smith was better pre bron.

Kyle korver was better without bron.

So aside from boobie gibson pre injury. who does bron make look better? i dont recall anyone.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

kyrie got older and wiser and with bron(or any other top tier superstar(KD) kyrie would've been in the finals and had a chance to win it all.
when you're as good as kyrie all you need is another partner to put you all the way on the map. bron didnt make kyrie better.

So aside from boobie gibson pre injury. who does bron make look better? i dont recall anyone.

As you said just role players...

Even Bosh and Wade were minimized with Lebron on the Heat.

I think a few players might do better with lebron.

Zubac
McGee
Hart/KCP
The rookie if he makes the rotation.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

This very off topic, but does anyone know WHAT happened to Boobie Gibson?!? The guy was really able to stroke it from deep and reminded of a Seth curry. Seems like he was out of the league a year after LeBron left and never heard from again. Never tried to get back in the L and I never even heard of him overseas.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As you said just role players...

Even Bosh and Wade were minimized with Lebron on the Heat.

I think a few players might do better with lebron.

Zubac
McGee
Hart/KCP
The rookie if he makes the rotation.

Ingram and Kuzma will Improve greatly playing with LeBron.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lebron made Mo Williams an All Star. Don't twist that.

And it defines how you define "better" because you're going to get lazy analysis that involves looking at popcorn stats on BasketballReference and instead of contextualizing the information people are going scream that Lebron made those players worse.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lebron made Mo Williams an All Star. Don't twist that.

And it defines how you define "better" because you're going to get lazy analysis that involves looking at popcorn stats on BasketballReference and instead of contextualizing the information people are going scream that Lebron made those players worse.

LeBron is very good at making a team play at a certain high level his 8 straight finals apprearances prove that.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LeBron is the best option so the other all stars need to cater to his game. Wade and Irving still looked great with him and they both need the ball. Other all stars like Love and Bosh were just star stuffing on mediocre teams. Make no mistake though, LeBron made every team that he played a championship contenders.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

That's on Ingram, buddy... Kind of reminds of of when Dwight Howard came here with all the lipservice about working with Kareem and even posting a corny photo of him with Kareem and then NEVER doing anything with him...

See how I can draw my own conclusions about Ingram based on absolutely nothing? (Because truthfully we don't even know if he has or HASN'T worked out with Kobe)

Batsh-t, you were just kidding, no? He doesn't really remind you of Howard, that was just your attempt to prove a point. Please tell me that was just your attempt to prove a point.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:

The next Scottie Pippen

The next Micheal Jordon

The next Derrick McKey.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

That's like saying frosting doesn't make donuts better because donuts are already good without frosting

Na man frosting makes donuts better

LeBron is frosting
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1158, 1159, 1160 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1159 of 1885
Jump to: