OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
I'd be very interested to see Ingram at PG full time. Problem is we have Ball

Well Ball is a PG and Ingram isn’t

Are harden, greek freak, simmons PG?

if no, then why did their coach start them at PG

if yes, What makes them PG?

So you would rather have Ingram at PG than Lonzo?

He actually would. He hates Lonzo.

Oh, ok, I didn’t know that. Never mind.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

So if you want to bench a 40% FT PG and 30% from 3 you hate that player? sounds like sensitivity. Thank god the season is right around the corner.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
I'd be very interested to see Ingram at PG full time. Luckily we have Ball

Fixed. There’s a reason the numbers show he’s poor as a primary creator and great when he’s not. And it’s not that the numbers are bias.
I guess people are okay with flat out ignoring the fact that Ingram (and the team!) played extremely well when given the opportunity to actually play point

And you are flat out ignoring the very small sample size. Ingram can be a good player, I don’t get the trend of trying to make players something they aren’t. Ingram was put at point first because he disappeared on offense when he didn’t have the ball and secondly because Lonzo was hurt and we had D League backups. If something happens to Lonzo we now have Rondo and Hart. Now Ingram as a perimeter creator sounds nice. Just as long as he learns not to hold the ball too long.

Seriously? You're going to try and put Hart there over Ingram? Obviously Rondo is head and shoulders the best option at back up point, but Hart is no where no the level Point Guard the BI is.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

So if you want to bench a 40% FT PG and 30% from 3 you hate that player? sounds like sensitivity. Thank god the season is right around the corner.

Because what always, throughout the history of the game, defined PGs is their ability to score and shoot well. Not, you know, to run the team...

Gotcha.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

excited to see what he looks like today
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

ZenMaster4President wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Because what always, throughout the history of the game, defined PGs is their ability to score and shoot well. Not, you know, to run the team...

Gotcha.
”Run team” what does that even mean bro?

You get 5 versatile guys which we have and you let them ALL run the team. those guys all need to be scoring threats or they will sag off of you.

Ingram
Hart
KCP
LBJ
Kuzma

Do you really believe they need Lonzo to run anything for them?

Like Magic said “Whoever gets the rebound we are running”. Last year it was more get the ball to Lonzo. I’ll be surprise if lonzo gets more than 20mpg and you guys will say I’m a hater blah blah blah but lets wait until the season starts before you call me all that. Maybe just maybe I’m right.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

BI had a pretty terrible year 1 and then really improved year 2.

One would think that Lonzo should similarly be given the benefit of doubt in terms of improving, as he managed to put up better overall stats than BI did year 1.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

One would think that Lonzo should similarly be given the benefit of doubt in terms of improving, as he managed to put up better overall stats than BI did year 1.

All of our high pick young guys have really improved in year 2. DLo was even a good amount better, looking at lineup splits(with no talent next to him)
Julius improved and as well in year 3.
Improvement is real. I think it’s real for any talented player, so our lower picks should improve a good amount as well
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All of our high pick young guys have really improved in year 2. DLo was even a good amount better, looking at lineup splits(with no talent next to him)
Improvement is real. I think it’s real for any talented player, so our lower picks should improve a good amount as well

Yeah. That's why you rarely see the Most Improved award go to 2nd year players; it's implicitly understood they will have vast improvement from year 1-2.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Gotcha.

You get 5 versatile guys which we have and you let them ALL run the team. those guys all need to be scoring threats or they will sag off of you.

Ingram
Hart
KCP
LBJ
Kuzma

Like Magic said “Whoever gets the rebound we are running”. Last year it was more get the ball to Lonzo. I’ll be surprise if lonzo gets more than 20mpg and you guys will say I’m a hater blah blah blah but lets wait until the season starts before you call me all that. Maybe just maybe I’m right.

In my opinion, based on everything I know about the Lakers offense, Luke Walton, Magic Johnson, Lonzo Ball and Lebron James I'm about 95% sure you're completely incorrect.

I'll give you the 5% cause anything can happen, but damn. It's like people don't understand that despite everything that happened in Lonzo Ball's rookie season, he still ended up as our most impactful player overall.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Fixed. There’s a reason the numbers show he’s poor as a primary creator and great when he’s not. And it’s not that the numbers are bias.
I guess people are okay with flat out ignoring the fact that Ingram (and the team!) played extremely well when given the opportunity to actually play point

And you are flat out ignoring the very small sample size. Ingram can be a good player, I don’t get the trend of trying to make players something they aren’t. Ingram was put at point first because he disappeared on offense when he didn’t have the ball and secondly because Lonzo was hurt and we had D League backups. If something happens to Lonzo we now have Rondo and Hart. Now Ingram as a perimeter creator sounds nice. Just as long as he learns not to hold the ball too long.

Seriously? You're going to try and put Hart there over Ingram? Obviously Rondo is head and shoulders the best option at back up point, but Hart is no where no the level Point Guard the BI is.

Yes
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Gotcha.

Ingram
Hart
KCP
LBJ
Kuzma

If you don’t know, you’re going to hate Zo for his entire career because that’s what he does. That lineup you threw out there will have success, it will also turn into LeBron ball most of the time(not necessarily a bad thing) without a PG who knows how to “run the team” on the floor.

You can have a player running the team and still say “whoever gets the rebound we are running”. Those aren’t contradictory concepts.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. That's why you rarely see the Most Improved award go to 2nd year players; it's implicitly understood they will have vast improvement from year 1-2.

ah. good point
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

Well you're incorrect (as usual)
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

I swear ever since Jimchak was let go, it's like he doesn't even watch us anymore. He reads a little to stay relevant then makes up asinine arguments just to get us talking.

Funny thing is, he used to be one of my favorite posters. He actually provided in depth thought provoking inpute.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

I think the argument is that Lebron is the de facto PG on this team, meaning that the nominal PG position can be best filled with a low usage 3&D guy like Hart. I think.
Mr.81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

I think the argument is that Lebron is the de facto PG on this team, meaning that the nominal PG position can be best filled with a low usage 3&D guy like Hart. I think.

Lebron, Lonzo, Rondo, and Ingram are our best playmakers and should be the only players running the point for the most part. Hart is more of a SG, solid shooter with good defense.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

Lebron, Lonzo, Rondo, and Ingram are our best playmakers and should be the only players running the point for the most part. Hart is more of a SG, solid shooter with good defense.

Well, it's like Kobe and Fisher. Fisher defended PGs, but it was Kobe initiating on offense while DFish played more like a SG.e
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dao wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Yes

Likely Hart and Ingram will be ending games with Hart guarding the opposing PG. And I agree, Lebron will likely have the ball in his hands on offense with Hart spotting up.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

His body literally looks the same as it did at the end of the season Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but just crazy how hard it is for this kid to put on any meaningful mass...wish I had that gene...
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

He does seem a lot more charismatic/personable in his Mason & Ireland interview than he has in past seasons. Seems like he's coming out of his shell a bit.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
He does seem a lot more charismatic/personable in his Mason & Ireland interview than he has in past seasons. Seems like he's coming out of his shell a bit.

that happens when you're a small town guy thrust into Hollywood at 19..21 finally coming into his own a bit --- coincides with more confidence in his game
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
His body literally looks the same as it did at the end of the season Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but just crazy how hard it is for this kid to put on any meaningful mass...wish I had that gene...

he looks bigger to me. it's subtle, you gotta be skinny as (bleep) to tell
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
watchME wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Gotcha.

Ingram
Hart
KCP
LBJ
Kuzma

In my opinion, based on everything I know about the Lakers offense, Luke Walton, Magic Johnson, Lonzo Ball and Lebron James I'm about 95% sure you're completely incorrect.

I'll give you the 5% cause anything can happen, but damn. It's like people don't understand that despite everything that happened in Lonzo Ball's rookie season, he still ended up as our most impactful player overall.
they are looking at box score stats and highlights. and to be honest they need more points in the ppg category and a higher 3pt% to give any credit. otherwise the average fan can't see what you're talking about.

Most people dont know enough about the game to realize that the manner in which lonzo gets rid of the ball QUICKLY is almost unheard of. it is a coach's and a teammates dream come true. The entire team including bron and rondo will love to play with lonzo. because unlike those type of players zo doesnt need to pound the ball a lot in order to hit them for solid passes when they are open. those guys are a different type of facilitator. they take a bit of time to assess the defense then dribble here or there to set things up. zo gets his assist numbers but he could easily have more if he played like a traditional pound it floor general. but he doesnt. he gets more hockey assists than anyone i have ever seen start at pg. thats because he gets rid of it so quickly. if he sees a teammate has a better angle them him. he wont dribble to get the better angle. he will pass it to said teammate to make that extra pass. again that is a coach's dream and a teammates dream. you trust me enough to allow me the chance to make a decision. this is the one knock on Cp3 some of his old teammates had with him even though he makes guys look great when playing with them. some of them wish they had more chances to make decisions on their own.

Zo gives his entire team a chance to have higher IQ's vs just doing all the brain work for them then perfectly feeding them. we are have a team full of good floor generals to begin with. with zo's getting rid of it style. man o man this is gonna be goooooood.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Username wrote:

that happens when you're a small town guy thrust into Hollywood at 19..21 finally coming into his own a bit --- coincides with more confidence in his game

After seeing DLO, JC, Nance, Jules all get traded or renounced, I think some of the young guys still feel like they're walking on egg shells. Can't imagine how much pressure it must be to feel like you may be next (even though the FO has praised BI a lot).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1166, 1167, 1168 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1167 of 1885
Jump to: