OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
In the past he clearly passed up open looks from the 3.. I'm pretty sure he hasn't passed up a bunch of open looks this preseason, and he's actually taken a few that he should have passed on. I think we're projecting a bit.

Maybe we should wait until the season starts to say he's actually passing on open looks. I haven't seen it.

Really? How many 3's did he take the entire preseason... 6?

Think about what I'm saying.. Think about what you're saying..

How many open looks have you seen him pass up?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
In the past he clearly passed up open looks from the 3.. I'm pretty sure he hasn't passed up a bunch of open looks this preseason, and he's actually taken a few that he should have passed on. I think we're projecting a bit.

Maybe we should wait until the season starts to say he's actually passing on open looks. I haven't seen it.

I've half watched baseball during most of these preseason games. I really don't have strong a opinion on the subject. Was he relocating to get open looks?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

If he can get to the FT at a elite rate like KD and Harden his overall game will breakthrough but that might not happen this year as he still needs to physically develop and mature his game a little bit more until he becomes unstoppable with the ball in terms of going to the FT line, but he is still gonna be very good offensively right now.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

If he's taken only 6, and a few of them were those that he should have passed on, that means he's only had 2-3 open looks?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

I see, well he hasn't had a lot of open looks. Certainly not enough for there to be a narrative that he's not taking, or passing up open looks.

With more minutes on the floor with Rondo, and Bron during the regular season we will be able to judge more accurately if he is indeed passing up open 3's.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If he can get to the FT at a elite rate like KD and Harden his overall game will breakthrough but that might not happen this year as he still needs to physically develop and mature his game a little bit more until he becomes unstoppable with the ball in terms of going to the FT line, but he is still gonna be very good offensively right now.

I agree with this, I still believe he's got a ways to go with his physical development. I'm thinking he's about 2 years away from being close to physically mature.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

If he's taken only 6, and a few of them were those that he should have passed on, that means he's only had 2-3 open looks?

Based on what you guys are saying I suppose that would be the case. I don't have a number on how many 3's he's taken. I'm pretty certain he hasn't been passing up open looks.

I'm sure he'll have a lot more opportunities with Ball being healthy and Bron and Rondo on the floor in extended minutes.

That's assuming they allow Ball to orchestrate more in the half court sets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I agree with this, I still believe he's got a ways to go with his physical development. I'm thinking he's about 2 years away from being close to physically mature.

Yupe, that’s why his potential is so tempting he isn’t close to being a finished product.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

What is difficult to determine is what is an open look for BI?

What may be an open look for one player is not for another.

BI's gather (knee bend) into his shot is a split second too slow allowing the defender to close the gap as has been previously mentioned. So an open look for Kuz may not be an open look for BI.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yupe, that’s why his potential is so tempting he isn’t close to being a finished product.

He’s physically underdevelop and he loves contact. He’s playing against grown men so it takes time . When he gets stronger, he will absorb those contacts well but in the meantime, he need to master that midrange and learn to flail and flop like Pierce and Harden so he can get to FT more often.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s physically underdevelop and he loves contact. He’s playing against grown men so it takes time . When he gets stronger, he will absorb those contacts well but in the meantime, he need to master that midrange and learn to flail and flop like Pierce and Harden so he can get to FT more often.

He shouldn’t be as physically underdeveloped in his third year as he is. I’m not sure we can keep saying he’s gonna develop, get stronger etc when we’ve seen more progress from other young players in less time. He may never put on much weight or add much strength but he can still be a good player if he doesn’t.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

or else!!!!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He shouldn’t be as physically underdeveloped in his third year as he is. I’m not sure we can keep saying he’s gonna develop, get stronger etc when we’ve seen more progress from other young players in less time. He may never put on much weight or add much strength but he can still be a good player if he doesn’t.

He is stronger but his body is just not catching up. He’s a player that relish contacts so he need to put more lean muscles. If he is elusive like Lou Will then maybe it’s not vital for him. hopefully, he’ll be ripped AF by his 4th year.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He is stronger but his body is just not catching up. He’s a player that relish contacts so he need to put more lean muscles. If he is elusive like Lou Will then maybe it’s not vital for him. hopefully, he’ll be ripped AF by his 4th year.

It’s year 3, I’m done with the “hopefully be next year” talk and if the team underachieves, the front office will be done with that as well. We’ve seen other players build their bodies more in 1 year than he has in 2. But it doesn’t matter if he can produce at a high level without the weight.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Fair or not, this will be the year the FO may determine whether they invest in him long term or trade him. Hoping he breaks out and a lot of national pundits have him as MIP so they think he has a good chance to break out.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Fair or not, this will be the year the FO may determine whether they invest in him long term or trade him. Hoping he breaks out and a lot of national pundits have him as MIP so they think he has a good chance to break out.

Magic won't want to be known as the guy that traded Brandon Ingram
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Every year teams are evaluating talent and determining if they are trade material or contract worthy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He’d rather be known as that than the guy who couldn’t get another superstar next to LeBron.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, this is the year that determines if Brandon is going to get a max rookie deal.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CRoost wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s year 3, I’m done with the “hopefully be next year” talk and if the team underachieves, the front office will be done with that as well. We’ve seen other players build their bodies more in 1 year than he has in 2. But it doesn’t matter if he can produce at a high level without the weight.

I am not concerned about his weight or size just that his game develops. Most break out in year 4-5. He was a young draftee so he will only be 22-23 in these years.

Think where the Orlando Magic would be if they did not give up on their young core before they had the opportunity to fully develop.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He’d rather be known as that than the guy who couldn’t get another superstar next to LeBron.

that won't be a problem...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Just to clear up any confusion, when you here people say “I still can’t believe the best player in the world is a Laker”, they’re talking about Brandon Ingram.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Just to clear up any confusion, when you here people say “I still can’t believe the best player in the world is a Laker”, they’re talking about Brandon Ingram.

That occurs only 1 day a year. When BI where's his Lebron James mask when he goes trick or treating.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

and Bron is his Robin?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1227 of 1885
Jump to: