OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1235, 1236, 1237 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Lakers don't play around with players in their 3rd/4th of their rookie deals. We've seen that already so for BI's sake, I hope he really explodes this year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Any theories as to his slow starts?

Not a guaranteed scorer...

Ok. But why slow in first halves only?

Opportunities open up for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to impose successfully at-will. Shots go in for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to make shots consistently

there is a reason why people compare him to another guy in KD who basically uses his skill to get off any shot, don’t think BI lacks any skill the guy is compared with a lot of skilled offensive players, not sure where the idea came from that he doesn’t use his talent to make shots.

Similar frame as KD but that’s all I see between the 2

I have seen enough games in the last 2 years to give me the confident that he can get close to KDs level in terms of scoring.

Other then their frame there is no similarities between bi and KD

KD can give u 30 in sleep while BI has to work really hard to get it on his best day
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Any theories as to his slow starts?

Not a guaranteed scorer...

Ok. But why slow in first halves only?

Opportunities open up for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to impose successfully at-will. Shots go in for him when they do - he’s not skilled enough to make shots consistently

there is a reason why people compare him to another guy in KD who basically uses his skill to get off any shot, don’t think BI lacks any skill the guy is compared with a lot of skilled offensive players, not sure where the idea came from that he doesn’t use his talent to make shots.

Similar frame as KD but that’s all I see between the 2

I have seen enough games in the last 2 years to give me the confident that he can get close to KDs level in terms of scoring.

Other then their frame there is no similarities between bi and KD

KD can give u 30 in sleep while BI has to work really hard to get it on his best day

BI has no go to moves and has to exert much more energy to score
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

I always hated the KD comparison. BI is nowhere near as explosive.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Yesterday he never got into a groove except maybe the 3rd and he still played good defense and ended up with 16.

If that’s a subpar game from him. I’ll take it.

If he plays the same exact game but hit 2/4 from three. The vibe would me different around here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Yesterday he never got into a groove except maybe the 3rd and he still played good defense and ended up with 16.

If that’s a subpar game from him. I’ll take it.

If he plays the same exact game but hit 2/4 from three. The vibe would me different around here.

That is true, but we are now at a point where it's no longer "in 2 more years..."

For BI, due to upcoming contract extension, etc., it's put up or shut up.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

ya I think he averages about 18 this year
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Its funny... last year a game like this Ingram would have had 8ppg so the fact that a "MEH" game is THIS.... well its ALSO encouraging. 21 folks. He's 21.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

If Luke is just going to play BI as a spot-up corner 3 point shooter with LeBron/Rondo driving and kicking them out, then Luke’s better off giving that role to Kuzma.

BI shouldn’t be taking too many long distance jumpers. His game is driving to the lane.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
If Luke is just going to play BI as a spot-up corner 3 point shooter with LeBron/Rondo driving and kicking them out, then Luke’s better off giving that role to Kuzma.

BI shouldn’t be taking too many long distance jumpers. His game is driving to the lane.

Dude was just fine shooting from the corners last year, and teams closing out on him will open up driving lanes.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Yup he missed shots and only played around 28 min and didn’t play much in the 4th.

Hell be fine.

I think he’ll average 20+ this year.

Bad shooting night last night as he missed a bunch of easy jumpers in the first half.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Dude was just fine shooting from the corners last year, and teams closing out on him will open up driving lanes.

Next time he should learn to counter by faking the 3 and taking it to the rack, cuz he missed all his wide open shots.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Next time he should learn to counter by faking the 3 and taking it to the rack, cuz he missed all his wide open shots.

One game, but ™
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

One game, but ™

To watch tape
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

You said he’s wide open so who the heck would he pump fake lol
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

On closeouts obviously

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

I think BI is more than capable of creating his own shot and getting open looks for himself. However, shot selection has always been something he has struggled with. It would make sense that he'll struggle even more with shot selection at first this season given that he's essentially being asked to play a completely different role next to Lebron this year than the primary ball handler role he often played last year.

I think BI's slow starts in the first half reflect him trying to allow the game to come to him and getting a feel for it. I actually think its premeditated. He needs to balance a little more and while, yes, not forcing things, also being a little more aggressive. Would like to see some more step back jumpers instead of pull ups.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

I agree, it's not really Ingram's game to take too many long jumpers. There were moments when even Webber mentioned that Ingram settled with a mid range jumper instead of driving all the way to the paint.

I would love to see him attack more and get to the foul line and put the other team in penalty.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

The dribble and mid range pull ups with a defender right on his grill is the most irritating and DRoz (bad part) imitation. I think he as more passing vision and should dime out in that situation.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

It may sound crazy to people, but I think Ingram should be coming off the bench to backup Bron. It would benefit Ingram to be able to have the ball like last year so that he can create. He does a lot of the same stuff on the court as James.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

Also Ingram always played better during pre season when LeBron sat out.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
It may sound crazy to people, but I think Ingram should be coming off the bench to backup Bron. It would benefit Ingram to be able to have the ball like last year so that he can create. He does a lot of the same stuff on the court as James.

There are two sides to the court. Even ignoring the offensive side (which we disagree about), assuming BI continues to play this way defensively, he needs to be on the court for defensive reasons alone. We need the defense.

I also could see BI averaging 20+ PPG this season. He scored 16 last night in 28 minutes, while going 0-4 from 3. If he hits one of those 3s and makes one more free throw (he was 2-4 last night), that's 20 points right there in only 28 minutes. Give 32+ minutes per game, 20 PPG is easily attainable for him.

However, his PPG isn't the metric that should matter. What should matter is how efficiently he gets there. If he scores 20+ PPG while shooting under say 53% (TS%), that's not a good thing. It likely means he would be taking more efficient shot attempts from our offense.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

On closeouts obviously

He won't be seeing many closeouts if he isn't a threat to take the shot. If you were defending him would you run hard at him behind the 3 line? I would be playing the drive. He already showed last season that his greatest strength offensively is getting inside the paint.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

After sleeping on it, I think we’re all overreacting. The Lakers played the Blazers in Portland on the first night where Lebron was making his playoff debut. Outside of Hart, McGee and Lebron almost everyone had a terrible night with small stretches of showing some potential.

Ingram is def in his head right now, go watch the last 2 minutes of his first half and you’ll why he got subbed out. He seemed like he really wants to prove that he can shoot, missed his first three and then let it effect his game. The two back to back missed freethrows too.

He showed some positive things like the 2 blocks and 2 steals, Ingram being able to get those type of stops and using his length to get steals is huge in the long run. I’m starting to think that trying to get him too be the second option is misusing him a lot. He’s not ready to be expected to give you a consistent 20 points a night, and that effects the entire offense.

They start multiple possessions where he initates the half court set trying to get him involved, Im not a fan of that. Let him play the off ball type of offense that Kuzma, Hart, KCP seem to be playing rather then force him to be the second option. All those three of the guys I mentioned can put up 20 point nights too which is much more sustainable for an entire season. Ingram’s potential on the defensive end is practically untappped right now.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

That’s actually the least effective part of his game. He’s very low percentile even including passes on pick and roll and iso. Much better playing off a guy with gravity. He’s a good straight line driver off a close out and an excellent cutter. Needs to hit some of those open jumpers though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1235, 1236, 1237 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1236 of 1885
Jump to: