OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1250, 1251, 1252 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Ingram may miss probably 4-5 games minimum.

Damn really?

lol...no. That would be ridiculous. It's one game minimum for the punch, though my prediction is that it'll either be that one game with an additional fine for the way he confronted the official, or even two games. I'm hoping it'll just be the one game and the fine, though.

it's at least 3 games. probably 4. I'm willing to bet something lol

But why that many? Is there anything in the rules?

he instigated the biggest fight we've had in a while. intimidated the ref. sucker punched cp3. on top of this being a big TV game.
a punch landing is always a couple games, we'll see if they determine it landed, you can clearly see it did from one angle.

Can we stop using the word "instigate" in relation to BI? He confronted the ref too aggressively. Then he punched Paul after he and Rondo got into it. Neither of those things qualify as instigating. A punch is automatic one game. I can't think of any instances where it was more than that.

Swinging at someone is one game and landing a punch is always more. Ingram is probably going to miss five games minimum.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Bron, Luke, & Rondo better start giving the ball more to BI or BI might run up on them too. Luke has done a terrible job so far with BI's minutes and not giving him plays as a primary ball handler out of the PNR. I understand LeBron always having the ball, but having Rondo dominate the ball too practically makes BI the 3rd option on offense in the first unit since the only time he gets the ball is to score and not letting him show any of his playmaking skills. Hopefully with Ball back in the starting lineup and BI back from his suspension will naturally make the offense in the half court much better.

He's not gonna get spoonfed the ball like he did last year, nor should he. The ball had no problem finding him when he got in the mix in the third quarter.

But let’s spoon feed KCP and McGee they are our future

Why bring up McGee? He’s been amazing for this team.

I brought up McGee because he was being treated like the 2nd option on offense tonight, it’s not an indictment against him or KCP but on Luke and the teammates that were looking off BI tonight instead of passing him the ball in situations where they were supposed to. More times than not he delivered when he got the ball.

I noticed this as well. And it had nothing to do with him being passive. They ran plays that he wasn't a part of. Many of them have Ingram in the corner spotting up.

Well that’s not his game, we might as well trade him for someone that’d be more effective in that role. Is Kyle Korver available?

Couple that with long stretches of him sitting on the bench.. I think it's just going to take Luke time to figure out what to do with this team. I'm going to try and be patient. I don't like how he's using Kuz, and Ingram. I don't like his insistence on running small ball line ups when we don't have the personnel for it.

McGee was doing a good job protecting the paint, he had 5 blocks. Yet he's on the bench while Harden scores layup after layup in crunch time.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
Definitely doesn't fit the fake tough guy act. He's tough, you could tell it's there. It's probably that he gets picked on about his weight. Might also be why he needed to be tough. Remember, he almost got into it last season as well. He just needs to learn to channel it better.

I'm around these guys all of the time and Ingram would've been my #1 pick for "Laker most likely to sprint into a fight" long before this. Him being quiet and skinny gets miscontrued for something that he's not. He's a tough kid who grew up somewhere where he had to be that way.

Right? We've seen flashes of this for two years. This was no real surprise outside of maybe BI's initial push on Harden.

Once BI went with the Rick James hairstyle, you knew it was bound to come out.
What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

(bleep) yo' couch, Harden!

Darkness!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm B I (bleep)
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Andre2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Bron, Luke, & Rondo better start giving the ball more to BI or BI might run up on them too. Luke has done a terrible job so far with BI's minutes and not giving him plays as a primary ball handler out of the PNR. I understand LeBron always having the ball, but having Rondo dominate the ball too practically makes BI the 3rd option on offense in the first unit since the only time he gets the ball is to score and not letting him show any of his playmaking skills. Hopefully with Ball back in the starting lineup and BI back from his suspension will naturally make the offense in the half court much better.

He's not gonna get spoonfed the ball like he did last year, nor should he. The ball had no problem finding him when he got in the mix in the third quarter.

I brought up McGee because he was being treated like the 2nd option on offense tonight, it’s not an indictment against him or KCP but on Luke and the teammates that were looking off BI tonight instead of passing him the ball in situations where they were supposed to. More times than not he delivered when he got the ball.

Part of that was an irrational fetish for exploiting size mismatches.

I get it, but what is the end game here? Lonzo is being relegated to a bench role, BI is being relegated to a stand in the corner spot up role, do we want to develop these guys or are we in win now mode in year 1.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Damn really?

lol...no. That would be ridiculous. It's one game minimum for the punch, though my prediction is that it'll either be that one game with an additional fine for the way he confronted the official, or even two games. I'm hoping it'll just be the one game and the fine, though.

he instigated the biggest fight we've had in a while. intimidated the ref. sucker punched cp3. on top of this being a big TV game.
a punch landing is always a couple games, we'll see if they determine it landed, you can clearly see it did from one angle.

Can we stop using the word "instigate" in relation to BI? He confronted the ref too aggressively. Then he punched Paul after he and Rondo got into it. Neither of those things qualify as instigating. A punch is automatic one game. I can't think of any instances where it was more than that.

Why would we stop using a word that perfectly describes the situation?

Ingram instigated.
Tempers flared.
He potentially made contact with an official and if not aggressively confronted him
He sucker punched cp3 as “third man in”

And all this because he was mad he couldn’t guard Harden.

If Josh Hart did all this after being clotheslined that would be more justified. You can’t have players throwing punches because they got outplayed.

BI would have been better off being asked out of the game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Luke won't have any choice but to start Ball now..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Stu Jackson @StuJackson32
@Lakers @rockets
#fight. Uncertain outcome but likely mutiple game suspensions for @CP3 @RajonRondo and @B_Ingram13
Rule calls for automatic 1 game for swing. Connecting blows will bring > 1 game. Investigation will be completed by tomorrow eve before @HoustonRockets play again

Quote:
IMO, a stage has been delivered on a silver platter. In the midst of our @NBA golden era, where this level of on-court violence has all but been eliminated from the game, there’s an opportunity to send an early season message of intolerance for fighting. Possible severe penalties

Thanks Stu Lantz
GoldenThroat

Andre2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Part of that was an irrational fetish for exploiting size mismatches.

Yeah, I didn't think they were spoonfeeding KCP, but the JaVale stuff was very strange.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

Interesting omissions..

Ingram instigated an altercation with Harden..

Rondo and CP3 have always hated each other, this isn't their first dance.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

While you're here @GT..

Do you think Bron should be a little more assertive in crunch time? Or do you believe it's too early to critique that aspect of his game?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I guess he was annoyed about Hardens flopping

As many players must be but they are to afraid to say it.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

Why is no one talking about the fact that Harden headbutted Ingram in the chin for the flop? Watch the film of the play.

Absolutely not an excuse for his behavior, but certainly an explanation as to why he got so heated. He's going to deserve his suspension, but my mans didn't just lose his (bleep) because he was getting lit up lol
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

One trait BI has shown since day 1. Is he will ride for his team . So I wasn’t shocked he was the first one to jump into scuffle with a punch .

Right or wrong Rondo and BI showed heart today . I would definitely go to war with these 2. I’m sure the other players on the team probably feel this way as well.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

Wasn’t boxing part of BI’s summer training regimen?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
@Lakers @rockets
#fight. Uncertain outcome but likely mutiple game suspensions for @CP3 @RajonRondo and @B_Ingram13
Rule calls for automatic 1 game for swing. Connecting blows will bring > 1 game. Investigation will be completed by tomorrow eve before @HoustonRockets play again

Quote:
IMO, a stage has been delivered on a silver platter. In the midst of our @NBA golden era, where this level of on-court violence has all but been eliminated from the game, there’s an opportunity to send an early season message of intolerance for fighting. Possible severe penalties

Thanks Stu Lantz

What does Stu Lantz have to do with it?
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Damn really?

Ingram instigated.
Tempers flared.
He potentially made contact with an official and if not aggressively confronted him

If Josh Hart did all this after being clotheslined that would be more justified. You can’t have players throwing punches because they got outplayed.

Agree 100%. Ingram unfortunately showed his age and immaturity tonight.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Damn really?

Ingram instigated.
Tempers flared.

Wrong. He got headbutt in the chin and got the foul called on him. He's still wrong for the punch and deserves his suspension, but I'm perfectly fine with the tech.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

Watch the play again. Harden moves his elbow up and catches Ingram on the chin. That and the flopping around got him heated
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

good to see teammates sticking up for each other
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Flopping should be a technical. Towards the technical count. Dudes gotta lose money and start getting suspended for flopping.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Watch the play again. Harden moves his elbow up and catches Ingram on the chin. That and the flopping around got him heated

I don't think it wasn't his elbow, he leaned in to initiate contact head first and caught BI square in the chin
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Flopping should be a technical. Towards the technical count. Dudes gotta lose money and start getting suspended for flopping.

Hockey flopping penalty
Diving (also called embellishment) is a term used in ice hockey to describe a player trying to get the attention of the referee by embellishing an infraction from an opposing player in an attempt to draw a penalty.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
they tried that once a while back. The thing is...they stopped the swingarm motion just to draw fouls, I remember Durant. And Kobe doing this. But they never have properly addressed flopping to get calls, initiating contact and acting like you got contact. There was a play with Paul jerking his head back with minimal contact. That's what needs to stop.
Harden, Paul are manufactured stats. Are they skilled, yeah. Skilled at flopping. The thing is they do it so constantly, and consistently that is why their points are manufactured
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
tox wrote:
they tried that once a while back. The thing is...they stopped the swingarm motion just to draw fouls, I remember Durant. And Kobe doing this. But they never have properly addressed flopping to get calls, initiating contact and acting like you got contact. There was a play with Paul jerking his head back with minimal contact. That's what needs to stop.
Harden, Paul are manufactured stats. Are they skilled, yeah. Skilled at flopping. The thing is they do it so constantly, and consistently that is why their points are manufactured

Right, I remember when flopping was penalized with a tech. Enforcement of it was a joke. I suppose there's an issue with "gray area" flops. Like the embellishments and stuff. I'd be fine with having like a 3 strike warning. You snap your head back when you don't need to? Strike 1. Get to three strikes and it's a tech (retroactively). Your strike count resets. That allows for some breathing room.

But yeah, the league doing anything to address this issue is pure fantasy. I'm not that delusional.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1250, 1251, 1252 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1251 of 1885
Jump to: