OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1255, 1256, 1257 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Honestly... Ingram could have ended up with a lifetime ban had Lance not grabbed him.

Lets not be ridiculous. Former Laker Kermit Washington literally almost killed Rudy T in previous Lakers-Rockets brawl. Like destroyed his jaw and skull and left him in a pool of blood on the court. Washington did not get a lifetime ban. And, of course, good ole' Meta punched a FAN in the stands during a game and he only got a season long ban. Since Ingram lacks anywhere near the strength of Washington and didn't attack fans, his actions are far, far less egregious than the two worst fight incidents in NBA history. And lets not forget that yet another Lakers great, Magic himself, body checked a ref in anger. He's GM of the team now. No lifetime ban. So again this notion is utterly absurd.

Lance probably saved him from a few more games of suspension, that's all.

Man please... Ingram literally squared up with the ref and it was escalating FAST. If Ingram punched that ref; he'd be looking at an indefinite ban. If you don't think that's where it was going; then go back and look at Lance's face when once he made the decision to grab Ingram. It was about to be all bad.

Ingram totally check out. He lost control over himself. That's the scary part of it all.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Honestly... Ingram could have ended up with a lifetime ban had Lance not grabbed him. Let's just take the consolation of four games and hope Magic can find a way to help Ingram control his temper.

ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Side note, not that it was gonna change but this just gives Harden all the reason to play the way he does. His style of play aggravates other players and Im sure he knows it. Ingram’s reaction was exactly what he wants.

Harden has figured out ways to manipulate the rules I've seen him travel on the step back jumper many times He uses his body to initiate contact on drives to the basket usually using his shoulder or head as he did on Brandon The most irritating and frustrating to me thing he does is on the 3 point shot if the defender is closing in he will throw his body INTO the defender and still draw a foul Curry is also a master at this BS move.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
Side note, not that it was gonna change but this just gives Harden all the reason to play the way he does. His style of play aggravates other players and Im sure he knows it. Ingram’s reaction was exactly what he wants.

Harden has figured out ways to manipulate the rules I've seen him travel on the step back jumper many times He uses his body to initiate contact on drives to the basket usually using his shoulder or head as he did on Brandon The most irritating and frustrating to me thing he does is on the 3 point shot if the defender is closing in he will throw his body INTO the defender and still draw a foul Curry is also a master at this BS move.

Agreed. Hell, during his suspension, BI should become immersed in studying film of Harden so he can emulate that guy's tricks and use it against Houston (and the rest of the league).
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Picture of the year
https://twitter.com/kingjamesszn/status/1054136950762815488?s=21

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Picture of the year

Part of me wanted BI to connect better.
But I'm glad he didn't floor that bum, or it would have been a longer suspension.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Honestly expected 20 games considering this was first major fight since melo. Thought rondo would get 10 as well. Very surprised it’s only 4 and 3 games
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

As much as I dislike Harden too, the man can shoot 3s, has great handles and can finish a layup through contact and is super athletic. Let's not diminish the talent it takes to do what he does, even with the theatrics.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

BI really has to learn how to keep his cool.

We're hopefully making the playoffs, and this kind of pressure and annoyance will rise up and we can't afford to lose him in that scenario.

I knew BI was about that life coming up in Kinston, but didn't expect it surface like that. Told my wife BI got ejected and likely suspended for throwing a punch and she was shocked at the "quiet and nice kid."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

But make no mistake, the Lakers aren't going to be pushed around anymore.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

As much as I dislike Harden too, the man can shoot 3s, has great handles and can finish a layup through contact and is super athletic. Let's not diminish the talent it takes to do what he does, even with the theatrics.

You’d think that’d be enough - all his moves and the skill set he possesses. And I’d fine with it if he only did “a little bit of flopping”, but man does he overdo it. It’s embarrassing, like I feel embarrassed for him as a person and as an athlete for engaging in such lousy behavior.

When players complain about it to his face and trash talk, i wonder what he’s thinking - is he thinking like “crap, they’re on to me! Better tone that (bleep) down” or is he oblivious about it all?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Picture of the year

We should all be thankful he didn't connect.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

RobinInHood wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
24ways2die wrote:

You’d think that’d be enough - all his moves and the skill set he possesses. And I’d fine with it if he only did “a little bit of flopping”, but man does he overdo it. It’s embarrassing, like I feel embarrassed for him as a person and as an athlete for engaging in such lousy behavior.

When players complain about it to his face and trash talk, i wonder what he’s thinking - is he thinking like “crap, they’re on to me! Better tone that (bleep) down” or is he oblivious about it all?

Hearing that whistle is his addiction man. It's like crack to him. He needs his fix and that's all that matters. His reputation doesn't mean anything. Just needs to get that whistle.
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.

you mean 4 games? they are being suspended at the same time
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

7 total games being lost by 2 players. 4 + 3.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Ingram doesn't seem to be handling his role change very well.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

Brazil is known as one of the greatest national teams in soccer.

One of their best players a few years back famously cheated in a World Cup, getting a player from a much weaker nation sent off for diving.

Now all he is remembered for is this cheating, and the World Cup is the largest sports event in the world.

I agree Harden has skills, but if he keeps up this cheating then he should be remembered in the same way.

CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Dude, what?

It's not like they take turns, their suspensions run together.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Dude, what?

No, you're losing 7 games worth of total production.

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Amusing ... all of it, especially Bron consoling CP. That was some really disappointing sht, King. Bleed this or get out. BI, I know where your heart is, fam. Now, understand you fell for a trap.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Dude, what?

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Amusing ... all of it, especially Bron consoling CP. That was some really disappointing sht, King. Bleed this or get out. BI, I know where your heart is, fam. Now, understand you fell for a trap.

Ahh.

So he should have taken out CP3?

So add LBJ 3 game suspension too?

I'm sure the guys will take care of it internally in the locker room.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Dude, what?

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.

4+3=7 it’s not hard to understand. Lakers players are missing 7 games in total. Now let’s move on.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Honestly... Ingram could have ended up with a lifetime ban had Lance not grabbed him.

Lets not be ridiculous. Former Laker Kermit Washington literally almost killed Rudy T in previous Lakers-Rockets brawl. Like destroyed his jaw and skull and left him in a pool of blood on the court. Washington did not get a lifetime ban. And, of course, good ole' Meta punched a FAN in the stands during a game and he only got a season long ban. Since Ingram lacks anywhere near the strength of Washington and didn't attack fans, his actions are far, far less egregious than the two worst fight incidents in NBA history. And lets not forget that yet another Lakers great, Magic himself, body checked a ref in anger. He's GM of the team now. No lifetime ban. So again this notion is utterly absurd.

Lance probably saved him from a few more games of suspension, that's all.

Man please... Ingram literally squared up with the ref and it was escalating FAST. If Ingram punched that ref; he'd be looking at an indefinite ban. If you don't think that's where it was going; then go back and look at Lance's face when once he made the decision to grab Ingram. It was about to be all bad.

Ingram totally check out. He lost control over himself. That's the scary part of it all.

you're understating things. He could have pulled a gun, killed the ref, then went after the other refs, the rest of the Rockets, followed by a multi state killing spree.

That's how close he was to becoming one of the most notorious serial killers of all time. If nobody stopped him, he could have gained control of a small country and become a dictator on the same level as Pol Pot. With the right connections, he could have then acquired a nuclear weapon and used it.

In other words, we were one breath away from him starting World War III.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1255, 1256, 1257 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1256 of 1885
Jump to: