OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1256, 1257, 1258 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

But make no mistake, the Lakers aren't going to be pushed around anymore.

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.

you mean 4 games? they are being suspended at the same time

7 total games being lost by 2 players. 4 + 3.

Dude, what?

It's not like they take turns, their suspensions run together.

No, you're losing 7 games worth of total production.

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.

4+3=7 it’s not hard to understand. Lakers players are missing 7 games in total. Now let’s move on.

You don't understand either.

So let's say Ingram got suspended 50 games and Rondo got suspended 40 games, that means they got suspended all together 90 games when the season is 82 games?

Geez....

Let me give you a simple example...

If you and your brother got suspended 1 day each, that means you guys got suspended 2 days total because 1+1 = 2 even though it's only 1 day?

Some of you guys can't be serious bro.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

No. You're missing the point. You'd be missing 90 games of production. That is what we're talking about.

We will miss 7 games' worth of production from BI/Rondo combined.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If you and your brother got suspended 1 day each, that means you guys got suspended 2 days total because 1+1 = 2 even though it's only 1 day?

Bad example.

If you and your brother get suspended from work, the company loses 2 days' worth of labor from you.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

I walked into a Sesame Street episode.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Bad example.

If you and your brother get suspended from work, the company loses 2 days' worth of labor from you.

Uh huh.....

I learned today that 1 day is 2 days for some people.

Moving on.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Honestly... Ingram could have ended up with a lifetime ban had Lance not grabbed him.

Lets not be ridiculous. Former Laker Kermit Washington literally almost killed Rudy T in previous Lakers-Rockets brawl. Like destroyed his jaw and skull and left him in a pool of blood on the court. Washington did not get a lifetime ban. And, of course, good ole' Meta punched a FAN in the stands during a game and he only got a season long ban. Since Ingram lacks anywhere near the strength of Washington and didn't attack fans, his actions are far, far less egregious than the two worst fight incidents in NBA history. And lets not forget that yet another Lakers great, Magic himself, body checked a ref in anger. He's GM of the team now. No lifetime ban. So again this notion is utterly absurd.

Lance probably saved him from a few more games of suspension, that's all.

Man please... Ingram literally squared up with the ref and it was escalating FAST. If Ingram punched that ref; he'd be looking at an indefinite ban. If you don't think that's where it was going; then go back and look at Lance's face when once he made the decision to grab Ingram. It was about to be all bad.

Ingram totally check out. He lost control over himself. That's the scary part of it all.

you're understating things. He could have pulled a gun, killed the ref, then went after the other refs, the rest of the Rockets, followed by a multi state killing spree.

That's how close he was to becoming one of the most notorious serial killers of all time. If nobody stopped him, he could have gained control of a small country and become a dictator on the same level as Pol Pot. With the right connections, he could have then acquired a nuclear weapon and used it.

In other words, we were one breath away from him starting World War III.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Bad example.

Uh huh.....

Moving on.

Why do people intentionally misunderstand points to insult others? You know what Yinoma said, you know it’s factually correct, and you’re turning into into an insult filled semantics argument. Yes it is 4 games of suspensions that includes 7 games of total production because multiple players are missing time within those 4 games. But you knew all that from the beginning and had an urge to cause a ruckus and (poorly) attempt to make people look dumb.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Lol you guys will argue about anything.

Hey is the sky blue or grey?

CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Bad example.

Uh huh.....

Moving on.

Why do people intentionally misunderstand points to insult others? You know what Yinoma said, you know it’s factually correct, and you’re turning into into an insult filled semantics argument. Yes it is 4 games of suspensions that includes 7 games of total production because multiple players are missing time within those 4 games. But you knew all that from the beginning and had an urge to cause a ruckus and (poorly) attempt to make people look dumb.
Total production = BI and Rondo together. So please tell me how we are losing BI and Rondo together for 7 games? Lmao.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

You guys are both right and both wrong.

We're not losing their production because it will be made up for by replacement players. So we're actually losing some percentage of their production.

If Wagner was suspended for 1 game coming off the bench, we wouldn't effectively lose anything.

Ok enough!
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Do people still make the KD comparisons? I remember the first time seeing each as freshmen in college. With BI I thought the kid is long and has potential. With KD I thought, this kid is a basketball savant.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Do people still make the KD comparisons? I remember the first time seeing each as freshmen in college. With BI I thought the kid is long and has potential. With KD I thought, kid is a basketball savant.

I don't think anyone does anymore. Unless they add a "poor man" next to it. Which is still a very good player.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

I’ll never forgive Magic for thinking Brandon Ingram is the next great thing. Tatum is playing like an allstar in his second season and we could’ve drafted him. This will haunt the franchise forever.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
I’ll never forgive Magic for thinking Brandon Ingram is the next great thing. Tatum is playing like an allstar in his second season and we could’ve drafted him. This will haunt the franchise forever.

Fox looks even better than Tatum. Oh noooez!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:

what does Ingram have to do with Tatum?

Magic picked Ball over Tatum. If anything, the future will determine if Magic fell for the Lavar hype machine or if he is a genius for picking the “next Jason Kidd.”

Anyway, it’s very likely the Celtics would have picked Tatum with the 1st pick if they thought the Lakers would be picking him. Ainge just got more assets knowing Tatum would be available at #3.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Magic picked Ball over Tatum. If anything, the future will determine if Magic fell for the Lavar hype machine or if he is a genius for picking the “next Jason Kidd.”

It has everything to do with Ingram. Magic clearly thought Ingram would be our Jayson Tatum, which is why he selected Ball over Tatum. Clearly thought wrong.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

As a basketball player on the court, Ingram has to fight against all unfavorable situations in a basketball way. Obviously, pushing not throwing punches are not. If he kept making cuts and play tough defense first, I would fine for him to push or even throw punches eventually.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
NotHype wrote:

It has everything to do with Ingram. Magic clearly thought Ingram would be our Jayson Tatum, which is why he selected Ball over Tatum. Clearly thought wrong.

Magic did not think BI would be our Tatum that looks like a BS assumption, if anything it looks like they think BI can be a Pippen clone or whatever comparison makes sense.. BI already is playing great D and defense wins championships..
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Sorry I don’t see it that way. The Lakers were going to need 2 wings. That’s why Kuzma was drafted. It was going to be Ingram/Tatum or Ingram/Kuzma. I doubt the Celtics were going to let Ingram/Tatum happen when they had their own vision of Brown/Tatum.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

This team is a joke let’s be real. We’re the cavs west as it stands. LeBron talked so much about transitioning to the post yet we’re running plays for JaVale?!?! LBJ only knows how to play one way, his way and until Rondo is out of the starting lineup, that ball isn’t going to flow like we want. It’s going to go back and forth between himself and LB.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
This team is a joke let’s be real. We’re the cavs west as it stands. LeBron talked so much about transitioning to the post yet we’re running plays for JaVale?!?! LBJ only knows how to play one way, his way and until Rondo is out of the starting lineup, that ball isn’t going to flow like we want. It’s going to go back and forth between himself and LB.

Rondo is already outta the starting lineup, so we’ll see if it flows like you’re hoping tonight.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

The 7 total games of production is a pretty pointless thing to state. It effects 4 Lakers games, what the heck is the point of doing random addition?

Worst that can come out of it is an 0-4 record. If the whole starting lineup got suspended you for 4 games you can total that (bleep) out to 20 games of production but how does that make any sense?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Did he say why he got mad and shoved Harden? Was it the officiating? Did Harden pushed him?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Anyway, it’s very likely the Celtics would have picked Tatum with the 1st pick if they thought the Lakers would be picking him. Ainge just got more assets knowing Tatum would be available at #3.

Exactly this. The Philly trade up probably saved the Lakers from having to deal with Fultz's yips instead of LaVar.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram @billoram

Brandon Ingram said he was expecting a more severe suspension, but is grateful it was four games.

Me too, BI. Me too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1256, 1257, 1258 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1257 of 1885
Jump to: