OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1257, 1258, 1259 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
The 7 total games of production is a pretty pointless thing to state. It effects 4 Lakers games, what the heck is the point of doing random addition?

Worst that can come out of it is an 0-4 record. If the whole starting lineup got suspended you for 4 games you can total that (bleep) out to 20 games of production but how does that make any sense?

This was my point exactly.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli

The bottom line with Ingram: he's remorseful for starting all the action but he is not sorry he came back into the fray. "I think I had seen five Rockets players, two of our guys, [that] told me to go back," Ingram said.

The type of guy you wanna go to war with. Respect BI.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
The 7 total games of production is a pretty pointless thing to state. It effects 4 Lakers games, what the heck is the point of doing random addition?

Worst that can come out of it is an 0-4 record. If the whole starting lineup got suspended you for 4 games you can total that (bleep) out to 20 games of production but how does that make any sense?

Seven player games is accurate and common when tallying total games missed by teams due to injury, etc.
Stating that four games were affected is also accurate.

Learning to understand someone else's point of view without being degrading or insulting would be a very good personal goal for you.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Seven player games is accurate and common when tallying total games missed by teams due to injury, etc.

Learning to understand someone else's point of view without being degrading or insulting would be a very good personal goal for you.

Didn’t mean to come off as degrading or insulting, my bad.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Didn’t mean to come off as degrading or insulting, my bad.

Thanks, but my comment was intended for CantStopJM. The "player games" stat is fairly common and was not misapplied in this case. Again, let's try to understand where the other poster is coming from. It helps us all and improves the board for everyone.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Did he say why he got mad and shoved Harden? Was it the officiating? Did Harden pushed him?

I feel like Harden was making the "review" signal right before Ingram shoved him as in "review for flagrant" and Ingram was just sick of his whining.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

I'm ok with BI being frustrated with the bogus calls for Harden, especially when he initiates so much of the contact.

Game was close, and maybe BI needs to maintain his cool, but at worst that's a technical.

Just surprised he came out with fists flying when CP3/Rondo scuffled. I was like "damn kid.."
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm ok with BI being frustrated with the bogus calls for Harden, especially when he initiates so much of the contact.

Game was close, and maybe BI needs to maintain his cool, but at worst that's a technical.

Just surprised he came out with fists flying when CP3/Rondo scuffled. I was like "damn kid.."

I thought it was excessive. But if it helps build a positive rapport with his teammates then cool.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Downside is the league's foremost provocateurs know exactly who to go after now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought it was excessive. But if it helps build a positive rapport with his teammates then cool.

It's a lesson for BI.

He has to understand the playoffs will be worse. The fishbowl gets smaller and the opponents more annoying. Imagine a 7 game series with the Rox. Harden will be doing this crap for 7 games, you have to find a way to bottle up that frustration.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

But make no mistake, the Lakers aren't going to be pushed around anymore.

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.

you mean 4 games? they are being suspended at the same time

7 total games being lost by 2 players. 4 + 3.

Dude, what?

It's not like they take turns, their suspensions run together.

No, you're losing 7 games worth of total production.

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.

4+3=7 it’s not hard to understand. Lakers players are missing 7 games in total. Now let’s move on.

You don't understand either.

So let's say Ingram got suspended 50 games and Rondo got suspended 40 games, that means they got suspended all together 90 games when the season is 82 games?

Geez....

Let me give you a simple example...

If you and your brother got suspended 1 day each, that means you guys got suspended 2 days total because 1+1 = 2 even though it's only 1 day?

Some of you guys can't be serious bro.

Yes, I think using the analogy of you and your brother helped me to understand better whereas Ingram and Rondo was harder to understand for me.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

If we win next few games people gonna say it’s cause we started Kuzma and didn’t have Brandon haha
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

The bottom line with Ingram: he's remorseful for starting all the action but he is not sorry he came back into the fray. "I think I had seen five Rockets players, two of our guys, [that] told me to go back," Ingram said.

Now this is a man I want to go to war with. The Khabib Dagestani mentality baby! The Quiet Assassin makes so much more sense now. Beasley knew.

Back in the 80s and 90s that would have been 4 technical fouls maybe 1 ejection and 0 suspensions. NBA is too damn soft now.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a lesson for BI.

He has to understand the playoffs will be worse. The fishbowl gets smaller and the opponents more annoying. Imagine a 7 game series with the Rox. Harden will be doing this crap for 7 games, you have to find a way to bottle up that frustration.

You mean something like this?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
I’ll never forgive Magic for thinking Brandon Ingram is the next great thing. Tatum is playing like an allstar in his second season and we could’ve drafted him. This will haunt the franchise forever.

Celtics were taking Tatum no. 1
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a lesson for BI.

No, you don't bottle it up. You vent it the only way you can; by dropping buckets on that flopping dwarf-wannabe.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Now this is a man I want to go to war with. The Khabib Dagestani mentality baby! The Quiet Assassin makes so much more sense now. Beasley knew.

Back in the 80s and 90s that would have been 4 technical fouls maybe 1 ejection and 0 suspensions. NBA is too damn soft now.

I get why the league is going that direction. The players are commodities. Imagine if players could attack KD or Lebron the way they did Jordan and caused injury? As a fan I'd be disappointed that the best players couldn't play. And that clotheline on Rambis? That could have caused severe injury.

I'm not a fan of some of the flagrant foul calls these days, but I think getting rid of the cheap shots is a better direction then letting it be what it was in the 80s.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a lesson for BI.

No, you don't bottle it up. You vent it the only way you can; by dropping buckets on that flopping dwarf-wannabe.

BI is not at that point yet. But to yinoma's point, maybe this lesson will serve as some type of incentive for him to get there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a lesson for BI.

Umm, sure. But you can't lose your cool in a tight playoff game.

Learn to test your emotions now so we don't get bit in the playoffs. He only has to ask LBJ about Draymond and what happened to that series as a result.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Real talk - it’s not something you contemplate, it’s instinctual. My family is outnumbered, I’m not having it. That’s the process. That’s an alpha dog mentality. It’s wrong, and you gotta be stronger willed than that, but as far as the intention, BI did everything I want a 21 year old BI to do. Defend the colors and bleed this.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

No doubt, tho I wouldn’t want a repeat of what happened to happen again, hopefully he’s learned from this

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

^^ Agree with both of you.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm not worried about Ingram keeping his cool, he's been doing it for 3 years now. The guy from the fight is the real him that he keeps under control.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I walked into a Sesame Street episode.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Real talk - it’s not something you contemplate, it’s instinctual. My family is outnumbered, I’m not having it. That’s the process. That’s an alpha dog mentality. It’s wrong, and you gotta be stronger willed than that, but as far as the intention, BI did everything I want a 21 year old BI to do. Defend the colors and bleed this.

I've always felt his game would take off with the right mentality and demeanor. Remember that time he got angry against the Bucks and then dunked on Giannis? IMO, he's capable of so much more than what he's displaying right now. I'll really be curious to see how well he adjusts after the 4 game suspension. Sometimes players need to watch from the sidelines to reflect and figure things out.

My own take is that he needs to demand the ball a lot more and stop being so passive. I think the whole team (with Lebron being the most outspoken one) knows Ingram can do a lot more offensively. He's just so lacking in confidence at times. One sign of this is how he puts his head down after making shots. Another is how he's insanely hard on himself for missing shots, which impact his subsequent shot attempts.

Another big issue I'm noticing is that he often diagrams his moves before making them. Smarter opponents will be able predict exactly what he's going to do and neutralize him. He needs to play more more dynamically and let go of that mental block in his head. He did this somewhat against the Warriors last season, but it was so inconsistent that we'd get different versions of Ingram. I wasn't a fan of PassGram even though he was good at it because I felt that it took away from his scoring skill set.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1257, 1258, 1259 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1258 of 1885
Jump to: