OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I'm not worried about Ingram keeping his cool, he's been doing it for 3 years now. The guy from the fight is the real him that he keeps under control.

Just because he might have aggravated the fight doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to keep his cool, you can be the most chillax person and still get upset especially when it’s for you’re teammates.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:
I'm not worried about Ingram keeping his cool, he's been doing it for 3 years now. The guy from the fight is the real him that he keeps under control.

Just because he might have aggravated the fight doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how to keep his cool, you can be the most chillax person and still get upset especially when it’s for you’re teammates.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me

I’m agreeing with you
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

But make no mistake, the Lakers aren't going to be pushed around anymore.

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.

you mean 4 games? they are being suspended at the same time

7 total games being lost by 2 players. 4 + 3.

Dude, what?

It's not like they take turns, their suspensions run together.

No, you're losing 7 games worth of total production.

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.

4+3=7 it’s not hard to understand. Lakers players are missing 7 games in total. Now let’s move on.

You don't understand either.

So let's say Ingram got suspended 50 games and Rondo got suspended 40 games, that means they got suspended all together 90 games when the season is 82 games?

Geez....

Let me give you a simple example...

If you and your brother got suspended 1 day each, that means you guys got suspended 2 days total because 1+1 = 2 even though it's only 1 day?

Some of you guys can't be serious bro.

Yes, I think using the analogy of you and your brother helped me to understand better whereas Ingram and Rondo was harder to understand for me.

When you analyze the impact of missed games by players it is normally stated as the total amount of games missed of all players added together.

It is never stated player A missed 10, B 11, C 12 but A & B missed 5 together, B and C missed 8 together while A, B and C missed 2 together. It is stated as 33 games total to see the totality of how normally injuries has affected a team that season. In this case it is suspensions.

yinoma2001 and BGH is correct.

Now lets move on.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Slim was all pumped up to rock and roll, I like the fire even though the 4 game suspension is unfortunate.

7 games' worth of suspensions when the team is 0-2...hopefully the price is worth it.

Dude, what?

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand. I didn't say 7 games of both them, but 7 games total.
How can you lose 7 games of total production when the longest suspension is 4 games? Total means all together, BI and Rondo won’t be together on the court for 4 games. Thus you’re losing 4 games of total production. What you’re saying isn’t making sense.

4+3=7 it’s not hard to understand. Lakers players are missing 7 games in total. Now let’s move on.

So let's say Ingram got suspended 50 games and Rondo got suspended 40 games, that means they got suspended all together 90 games when the season is 82 games?

Geez....

If you and your brother got suspended 1 day each, that means you guys got suspended 2 days total because 1+1 = 2 even though it's only 1 day?

Yes, I think using the analogy of you and your brother helped me to understand better whereas Ingram and Rondo was harder to understand for me.

When you analyze the impact of missed games by players it is normally stated as the total amount of games missed of all players added together.

It is never stated player A missed 10, B 11, C 12 but A & B missed 5 together, B and C missed 8 together while A, B and C missed 2 together. It is stated as 33 games total to see the totality of how normally injuries has affected a team that season. In this case it is suspensions.

Now lets move on.

Just for fun, he didnt say 7 games impact.
He said "7 games' worth of suspensions."
I agree with Toby.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

When he's off suspension I don't believe he should be given the starting position. That's assuming Kuz is a competent defender.

He should be made to earn it, which should motivate him to shoot better.

In addition Luke will have more time to implement more offense. Running plays that feature Ingram waiting in the corner doesn't make much sense to me. Nor does sitting him for extremely long stretches.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BI had Steroid Rage!

Dude, what?

4 of BI games
3 of Rondo games.

Geez....

Now lets move on.

Just for fun, he didnt say 7 games impact.
He said "7 games' worth of suspensions."
I agree with Toby.

Semantics.

So when it is stated the team suffered 120 games worth of injuries does it matter if some players are simultaneously injured?

How then can it be stated over 82 games since that would be impossible under your scenario?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
When he's off suspension I don't believe he should be given the starting position. That's assuming Kuz is a competent defender.

In addition Luke will have more time to implement more offense. Running plays that feature Ingram waiting in the corner doesn't make much sense to me. Nor does sitting him for extremely long stretches.

Motivation doesn’t lead to better shooting. Hopefully it leads to more physicality and activity on the boards.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I've always wanted BI to be our 6th man in the mold of Manu. :\
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I wouldn't expect him to stay there.. Same way I expected Ball to earn a starting spot. Doubt it would take long for him to make it apparent that he should be starting. I wouldn't just give it to him though.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I don't understand. Would it be different if he was injured?

Will being motivated make him shoot better?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Same

I’m not real big on his fitment in the starting unit especially when he isn’t hitting the corner 3

Kuzma has been broke but we all know hes a better shooter than what he has shown , he shot 37% last season on nearly 6 attempts per game
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

If you know that your court time will be limited if you aren't shooting well yes..

It's part of the reason why he hardly got any playing time in the fourth for their first game.

So yes, it would motivate him to do whatever leads to more efficiency from the perimeter. So if that means more reps or refinement during practice that's what he'll do.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That may be the role he’s best suited for. Even if he is better than Kuzma, the chemistry with the first team isn’t there, BI played his best preseason ball when James was on the bench.

It’s apparent to me that Rondo and Mcgee have great chemistry as do Lonzo and Kuz.

Rondo
Lonzo
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Seems to be our most promising lineup as of now IMO.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Rondo
Lonzo
Kuz
Lebron
McGee

Seems to be our most promising lineup as of now IMO.

I like this lineup

Rather not leave 2nd unit with Lance initiating the offense tho. Rondo has to come off the bench.

My ideal is Rondo, Svi, BI, Beasley, Wagner but idk.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Yea.. um. A starting line up long term that doesn't feature your best players doesn't make any sense to me. I was only saying he should earn the starting spot back, which I would fully expect.

Ingram won't be coming off the bench this season, or be relegated to a sixth man role lol..
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

BI has played well tho just limited shot attempts and no made threes.

We need his defense out there with Lebron.

I think Lonzo Hart BI Lebron and Javale should start.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
BI has played well tho just limited shot attempts and no made threes.

We need his defense out there with Lebron.

I think Lonzo Hart BI Lebron and Javale should start.

That would be my starting, and closing line up as well.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I agree BI is better overall than Kuzma

Just cant help but think we would be much more dangerous if he could stretch the defense as a 3pt threat

ive noticed he often has the corner 3 available to him but isnt making defenses pay.

Not sure if the looks are not clean enough for him as it is the short corner 3 meaning close outs come quicker or if hes just been in a shooting slump.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Yea.. um. A starting line up long term that doesn't feature your best players doesn't make any sense to me. I was only saying he should earn the starting spot back, which I would fully expect.

Ingram won't be coming off the bench this season, or be relegated to a sixth man role lol..

You're probably right.

That being said, was Harrison Barnes better than Iggy in 2016? It's not always about the "best" player starting imo. I actually dont care if it's BI or Kuz. Just hit your jumper whoever it is.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

If you know that your court time will be limited if you aren't shooting well yes..

It's part of the reason why he hardly got any playing time in the fourth for their first game.

So yes, it would motivate him to do whatever leads to more efficiency from the perimeter. So if that means more reps or refinement during practice that's what he'll do.

Maybe but that's not knowing how much reps he is already putting in.

He was playing okay in the first 2 games and I am the last person to ask an opinion about defense but from those I trust on this board he appears to be playing quite well in this area.

2 games and willing to switch him out for Kuz who hasn't exactly been shooting well from any distance, plays poor defense and whose stats are a step down from BI.

So still just don't see it.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I think he is just adjusting to his role.

He goes long periods of times of not touching the ball.
On Saturday he went a quarter and a half between shot attempts.

Luke needs to run more plays for him And less post ups for Javale.

Also his minutes should be staggered with Lebrons. One of them should be on the court at most times.

Luke has just done a poor job managing rotations.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

He should be a permanent starter, but I think one reason for Ingram coming off of the bench is that he would have more freedom in a lineup that doesn't feature Lebron and/or Rondo. In that sense, Kuzma fits better as a starter because he can space the floor and do other off ball things that benefit Lebron. Starting doesn't necessarily matter - it's the minutes and who finishes ball games.

That being said, he's showing to be a good/lengthy defender and his skill set on that end would be better suited for the best players on the opposing team. It's his confidence on the offensive end that's holding the team back IMO, but we'll see if his mindset is different after the suspension.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Also his minutes should be staggered with Lebrons. One of them should be on the court at most times.

Thats a good point in BI’s new role and lowered usage

Also in fairness to Luke, he is working with a new roster with many different variables to it

I would say this team is not real easy to manage , in terms of how 1 change of player to rotation or unit can cause benefits as well as equal negatives/risks
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Thats a good point in BI’s new role and lowered usage

Also in fairness to Luke, he is working with a new roster with many different variables to it

I would say this team is not real easy to manage , in terms of how 1 change of player to rotation or unit can cause benefits as well as equal negatives/risks

I agree. And last year did find his groove rotation wise as the year went on.

I’m just afraid by the time he does the same this year we will have dug ourselves a deep hole.

Don’t want Lebron to have to go Dwight Howard year Kobe just for us to squeak into the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1259 of 1885
Jump to: