OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1388, 1389, 1390 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

My takeaway... 32 minutes...zero turnovers.

Great bounce back from last game.

Too bad he didn't hit the last three or he would have shut the haters up for the night
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

He had a decent game and all but I'm getting a little tired of all these fadeaway/turnaround jumpers he shoots. That and his outside shot isn't very good.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
He's capable of having good/decent games like tonight, problem is he follows it up with 3-4 game streaks of playing like absolute trash.I'll be optimistic when he shows atleast some level of consistency. Also, 2 rebounds in 32 minutes is pathetic. Also missed his last 3 shots to go back to his usual (bleep) efficiency.

I'm not too pleased to be honest but what do I know

You seem pretty hot and cold on Ingram.. Maybe it's so you don't look like a homer to those who are sometimes over critical. They're going to think you are regardless.

He hasn't been absolute trash, though his offense hasn't been good.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
He's capable of having good/decent games like tonight, problem is he follows it up with 3-4 game streaks of playing like absolute trash.I'll be optimistic when he shows atleast some level of consistency. Also, 2 rebounds in 32 minutes is pathetic. Also missed his last 3 shots to go back to his usual (bleep) efficiency.

He’s 21 and he’s on a team where he doesn’t have to take over to win. It’s easy to get caught watching and not in a rhythm when there is no pressure on you

I just thought he'd be a big more efficient going into his third year if nothing else, and also not straight up being one of the worst rebounders.

And not just him, I just don't see Lonzo/BI/Hart and Kuzma not looking like role players this season. Even Kevin Love and Chris Bosh looked like role players for a while. That's the nature of a Lebron led offense where everything runs through him for 40 out of 48 minutes a night.

Everyone on Lebron led teams seem to end up like this outside of Kyrie and Wade.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
My takeaway... 32 minutes...zero turnovers.

Great bounce back from last game.

Too bad he didn't hit the last three or he would have shut the haters up for the night

How about just 2 rebounds?

How about 6/15 shooting?

But on the plus side, besides the 17 points, the 4 assists with 0 turnovers is nice to see.

And Lakers win, so it’s happy time!

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Great game from Ingram tonight

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. He just always looks like he's out of his element and a step slower on both ends; like something you'd see from a rookie.

Last edited by andrewc on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

Pretty much. Stop taking Kobe fade aways until you're damn sure you've got them down.

I mean, try one or two, but STOP IT, if you keep blowing them!

george w kush wrote:
He had a decent game and all but I'm getting a little tired of all these fadeaway/turnaround jumpers he shoots. That and his outside shot isn't very good.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This guy just plays dumb iso game and contested J's

Don't like it 1 bit
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

I've basically accepted those shots. Him bringing the ball up the floor to take them is what frustrates me. That needs to be only Lonzo and Lebron's domain.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

He's on that Oladipo arc I guess. Its gonna take another 2-3 years for him to reach those expectations.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

He’s 21 and he’s on a team where he doesn’t have to take over to win. It’s easy to get caught watching and not in a rhythm when there is no pressure on you

I just thought he'd be a big more efficient going into his third year if nothing else, and also not straight up being one of the worst rebounders.

And not just him, I just don't see Lonzo/BI/Hart and Kuzma not looking like role players this season. Even Kevin Love and Chris Bosh looked like role players for a while. That's the nature of a Lebron led offense where everything runs through him for 40 out of 48 minutes a night.

Everyone on Lebron led teams seem to end up like this outside of Kyrie and Wade.

Truly great players like Kyrie and Wade are always going to find a way to get theirs. Our guys are both young and TBH not even close to that category of player. It's going to take some time for them to get used to playing like this when they've played a certain way and had a certain degree of freedom to operate practically their whole lives.. It even took Bosh a while to embrace his role on those Miami teams which he later excelled at, and I don't think Love ever got to that point in Cleveland.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

You seem pretty hot and cold on Ingram.. Maybe it's so you don't look like a homer to those who are sometimes over critical. They're going to think you are regardless.

I guess I just have stupid high expectations and the patience level of a 10 year old.

BI is still my favorite player and I still think he's going to be special long term. But I'd also thought going into his third year we'd see some sort of consistency in his game. Some nights he's scoring well, other nights he's shooting 20%. Some nights he's crashing the boards, other nights he's getting 2 rebounds in 32 minutes.

I understand his shot not falling every night but he's had four games this season with 30+ minutes and 3 or less rebounds. Reminds me of when people thought DLO had adhd.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Just because you quoted doesn't make it any more reasonable a take. He wasn't great tonight on offense, but it was noticeable step up from the last two games (played within himself for the most part, made good passes, and no turnovers) and he continues to be effective on defense. I'm not gonna cry about 6/15 shooting like the box score watchers when his last 3 shots were BS ones when the game was in hand and trying to get Bron the triple-double.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Great 1st half from BI before falling of the face of the earth.
Still, we needed his game early on and he delivered.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Truly great players like Kyrie and Wade are always going to find a way to get theirs. Our guys are both young and TBH not even close to that category of player. It's going to take some time for them to get used to playing like this when they've played a certain way and had a certain degree of freedom to operate practically their whole lives.. It even took Bosh a while to embrace his role on those Miami teams which he later excelled at, and I don't think Love ever got to that point in Cleveland.

See that's my point, a player like Kevin Love never got to that point.

Now you have 20 year old Lonzo and 21 year old Ingram in a situation where future cap space is so important, a situation where surrounding Lebron with win now all stars by atleast the start of next season is so important.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He’s gotta go to the rim more. Feels like he’s settling for these 14 foot fade-aways when he could easily take another dribble, absorb some contact, and get to the line. He’s also passing up semi-open 3’s left and right — he’s gotta take those.

I still “see it” with him, but someone’s go to get in his ear about shot selection.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

Ingram continues to take contested mid range jumpers while stopping ball movement. How many possessions did he iso at the elbow, hold the ball for 20 seconds and clank rim?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

6-15 shooting and 2 rebounds. Every other Laker who played tonight, except Rondo, had at least 4.

Last game was 3 rebounds.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

matrixskillz wrote:
Ingram continues to take contested mid range jumpers while stopping ball movement. How many possessions did he iso at the elbow, hold the ball for 20 seconds and clank rim?

How many does he advance the ball up and go into those horrible shots?

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

1ngr4m wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I guess I just have stupid high expectations and the patience level of a 10 year old.

BI is still my favorite player and I still think he's going to be special long term. But I'd also thought going into his third year we'd see some sort of consistency in his game. Some nights he's scoring well, other nights he's shooting 20%. Some nights he's crashing the boards, other nights he's getting 2 rebounds in 32 minutes.

I understand his shot not falling every night but he's had four games this season with 30+ minutes and 3 or less rebounds. Reminds me of when people thought DLO had adhd.

Bron factor. We'd probably be seeing a "better" BI, optically, without him (not that I think he'd be scoring tons of points otherwise, but he'd be putting up nicer looking numbers). But it's probably best for him to go through this painful process of learning how to play next to a ball dominant star and finding ways to contribute on a contender, changing his game up now for the greater good in the present and his long-term development. I prefer that to him putting up empty stats like a Booker on a (bleep) team.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Not really liking the way he is playing. Same bad habits every game.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

How many does he advance the ball up and go into those horrible shots?

Worse than KCP

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

BI lost his shot at the end, but it was a good game. I wish he could figure out how to move through screens, though. That's a big gap in his defense.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
drae wrote:
An all round game always takes longer to develop, and Ingram is still very much in development. In my opinion though he needs to come off the bench.

Says the guy who conveniently joined LG yesterday

What difference does that make? If you can’t contest the message, attack the messenger?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1388, 1389, 1390 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1389 of 1885
Jump to: