OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1389, 1390, 1391 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
He's capable of having good/decent games like tonight, problem is he follows it up with 3-4 game streaks of playing like absolute trash.I'll be optimistic when he shows atleast some level of consistency. Also, 2 rebounds in 32 minutes is pathetic. Also missed his last 3 shots to go back to his usual (bleep) efficiency.

I'm not too pleased to be honest but what do I know

You seem pretty hot and cold on Ingram.. Maybe it's so you don't look like a homer to those who are sometimes over critical. They're going to think you are regardless.

He hasn't been absolute trash, though his offense hasn't been good.

I guess I just have stupid high expectations and the patience level of a 10 year old.

BI is still my favorite player and I still think he's going to be special long term. But I'd also thought going into his third year we'd see some sort of consistency in his game. Some nights he's scoring well, other nights he's shooting 20%. Some nights he's crashing the boards, other nights he's getting 2 rebounds in 32 minutes.

I understand his shot not falling every night but he's had four games this season with 30+ minutes and 3 or less rebounds. Reminds me of when people thought DLO had adhd.

I think it's best to not have any expectations with Ingram. He's proven he can be a good player when utilized correctly. I'll give him that and nothing more until he shows he can be anything other than that consistently. Expecting anything more leads to disappointment. I've taken this same approach with Ball. Kuz I am actually disappointed with of the young core.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Guys, he was 6/12 before the last couple of minutes that were effectively garbage time. Is "horrible shots" really a valid criticism tonight when his shooting or lack thereof hardly affected the team?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Guys, he was 6/12 before the last couple of minutes that were effectively garbage time. Is "horrible shots" really a valid criticism tonight when his shooting or lack thereof hardly affected the team?

His iso plays? Ya

I don't buy the not utilized properly argument neither. U telling me Luke is telling him to go iso and then take hard contested shots? I don't think so
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Great game from Ingram tonight

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

6-15 shooting and 2 rebounds. Every other Laker who played tonight, except Rondo, had at least 4.

Last game was 3 rebounds.

Him not having that many rebounds is you nitpicking, because we rebounded great as a team. His shot percentage isn't telling the whole story - 1 shot he tried to get Bron a triple double and another missed shot he got fouled that wasn't called. None the less, he played really good defense throughout the course of the game.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

His iso plays? Ya

I don't buy the not utilized properly argument neither. U telling me Luke is telling him to go iso and then take hard contested shots? I don't think so

Naa but Lebron is telling him to.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

If they went in, you wouldn't even remember the 6/12 but you'd be lauding the 9/15 and completely ignore the 'garbage minutes'.

If his shooting hardly affected the team that's worthy of criticism no?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

6-15 shooting and 2 rebounds. Every other Laker who played tonight, except Rondo, had at least 4.

Him not having that many rebounds is you nitpicking, because we rebounded great as a team. His shot percentage isn't telling the whole story - 1 shot he tried to get Bron a triple double and another missed shot he got fouled that wasn't called. None the less, he played really good defense throughout the course of the game.

It would be nitpicking if it were only a game here and there but he's 7th on the team in rebounding at 6'9" trailing both of our PGs.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

His iso plays? Ya

Yep, I've heard him tell him from the bench that the midrange is his game. The coaching staff also has him running curls and pulling up for midrange shots during practice.

I don't get why people in here are saying the coaches should yank him or reprimand him for taking those shots when they are encouraging him to take them.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

If they went in, you wouldn't even remember the 6/12 but you'd be lauding the 9/15 and completely ignore the 'garbage minutes'.

If his shooting hardly affected the team that's worthy of criticism no?

Huh? His last three shots were two semi-contested three-pointers that he only shot to get Bron the triple-double and on a drive to the basket where he was probably fouled by Nurk. If there were like two bad mid-range shots among the rest of his 12 shots, is it really worth attacking tonight of all nights, when he had a decent game overall? Never mind, you answered that question. Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by TheBlackMamba on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

It would be nitpicking if it were only a game here and there but he's 7th on the team in rebounding at 6'9" trailing both of our PGs.

Uhh its because he is always guarding the other teams best player and shooter on the play. Its not Brandon job to rebound on this team its to guard the opposing teams best players. What games are you fools watching?

So you want BI to guard CJ all the way to the cup turn around grab the rebound, run the offense and pass to himself in the corner for three point shot?

Its LONZO'S JOB to rebound on this team.

Last edited by 24Legend007 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

He’s only averaging 4 rebounds per game. That’s not good for a player with his length.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

We have 2 of the best rebounding guards, LeBron, McGee, and now Tyson. How many rebounds are you expecting him to get?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
He’s only averaging 4 rebounds per game. That’s not good for a player with his length.

He doesn't have a nose for the ball. No quick twitch. Not great at getting steals either or chasing players around screens.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Uhh its because he is always guarding the other teams best player and shooter on the play. Its not Brandon job to rebound on this team its to guard the opposing teams best players. What games are you fools watching?

So you want BI to guard CJ all the way to the cup turn around grab the rebound, run the offense and pass to himself in the corner for three point shot?

Lonzo was guarding Lillard and still managed to get 6.

I've never heard a worse excuse for not rebounding. Did Kobe or MJ not have to rebound even though they were guarding the opposing team's best players and carrying the scoring load?

Lonzo and Rondo are good rebounding guards but not great. Ingram is just a poor rebounding forward.

Last edited by numero-ocho on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

He doesn't have a nose for the ball. No quick twitch. Not great at getting steals either or chasing players around screens.

Yup, he keeps his hips too high and doesn’t have great lower body strength.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

His iso plays? Ya

Yep, I've heard him tell him from the bench that the midrange is his game. The coaching staff also has him running curls and pulling up for midrange shots during practice.

I don't get why people in here are saying the coaches should yank him or reprimand him for taking those shots when they are encouraging him to take them.

U got any article to quote this? I think u r just reaching here to deflect the poor game
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

But wasn't Lonzo guarding Lillard???
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

His iso plays? Ya

U got any article to quote this? I think u r just reaching here to deflect the poor game

Think about what you just said.. and the content of my post. Does it really make sense?

Why would you need a link to an article when you can go on youtube and watch footage of Ingram and the staff running curl action for pull up midrange shots? Think about what you're saying.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

They also have that same curl action for midrange pull ups for KCP as well. This should be obvious if you're watching the games.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

His iso plays? Ya

Think about what you just said.. and the content of my post. Does it really make sense?

Why would you need a link to an article when you can go on youtube and watch footage of Ingram and the staff running curl action for pull up midrange shots? Think about what you're saying.

My question is are they telling him to go iso and take contesting shots.

Taking pulloff off curl movement or making the right read is what coaches might want.

Not iso dribble, dribble and they take contested shots
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Yes.. I've seen Bron call clearouts for him when they perceive a mismatch.

And let's not act like Luke hasn't force fed him late in games for iso action.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Yes.. I've seen Bron call clearouts for him when they perceive a mismatch.

And let's not act like Luke hasn't force fed him late in games for iso action.

Again calling clearouts doesn't mean asking him to take contested jumpers.

He has to read the coverage and make plays out of that mismatch.

Ya so I don't buy the lebron/Luke telling him to take iso contested jumpers
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

y’all crazy. We won - as a team. Pack that bowl and let’s all just soak in the win streak so far.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Believe what you want.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Good game by BI. Not spectacular but good. he was engaged all the time. Hope he can continue on this one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1389, 1390, 1391 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1390 of 1885
Jump to: