OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1390, 1391, 1392 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
PauPau wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Guys, he was 6/12 before the last couple of minutes that were effectively garbage time. Is "horrible shots" really a valid criticism tonight when his shooting or lack thereof hardly affected the team?

If they went in, you wouldn't even remember the 6/12 but you'd be lauding the 9/15 and completely ignore the 'garbage minutes'.

If his shooting hardly affected the team that's worthy of criticism no?

Huh? His last three shots were two semi-contested three-pointers that he only shot to get Bron the triple-double and on a drive to the basket where he was probably fouled by Nurk. If there were like two bad mid-range shots among the rest of his 12 shots, is it really worth attacking tonight of all nights, when he had a decent game overall? Never mind, you answered that question. Haters gonna hate.

Criticism is not hate, that's a pathetic shield.
Dont take the 3s then, they're other shots available in rhythm.

The amount of excuse is nauseating. Whats so hard about saying he had a killer 1st half and a bad 2nd?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Believe what you want.

Yupe cause u know what I said makes sense
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't like him chasing SGs on the perimeter cuz his reaction time is slow. But he does have the advantage against smaller defenders on the other end. I wish he'd try to take it to the block instead of settling for a jab step, jab step, jumper. This starting lineup is interesting. I like CJ having to try to defend BI.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Believe what you want.

Yupe cause u know what I said makes sense

To you yes.. I understand when an exchange is futile, and I cut it short. I'm not going to debate you into thinking anything other than what you already believe. I'm done with the pointless back and forth on here. You made your position clear, as did I. We can leave it there.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lol we got a win and Lebron played great but do you guys really think we gonna go deep in the playoff without someone complimenting Lebron.

Playoffs are mostly iso, if Ingram can’t take that part of his game to another level, it’s gonna be hard for our team to even get past the first round. This is one of the reason even Lebron want to give the ball to Ingram at times and see what he can do.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Solid game tonight. If only he would just replace those contested midrange 2s with 3s.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
PauPau wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Guys, he was 6/12 before the last couple of minutes that were effectively garbage time. Is "horrible shots" really a valid criticism tonight when his shooting or lack thereof hardly affected the team?

If they went in, you wouldn't even remember the 6/12 but you'd be lauding the 9/15 and completely ignore the 'garbage minutes'.

If his shooting hardly affected the team that's worthy of criticism no?

Huh? His last three shots were two semi-contested three-pointers that he only shot to get Bron the triple-double and on a drive to the basket where he was probably fouled by Nurk. If there were like two bad mid-range shots among the rest of his 12 shots, is it really worth attacking tonight of all nights, when he had a decent game overall? Never mind, you answered that question. Haters gonna hate.

Criticism is not hate, that's a pathetic shield.
Dont take the 3s then, they're other shots available in rhythm.

The amount of excuse is nauseating. Whats so hard about saying he had a killer 1st half and a bad 2nd?

Cool, man. You're entitled to your post. I'm not even one to defend BI at all costs, just didn't think this game was anything to pick at. He's not gonna be perfect most nights, and tonight he was good enough IMO.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

He missed Lebron’s 44 point, Wilt passing, triple double 3.

He missed Lonzo’s youngest triple double 3.

Sigh.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Sigh.

Lol.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Sigh.

Consistency is key.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I don't like him chasing SGs on the perimeter cuz his reaction time is slow. But he does have the advantage against smaller defenders on the other end. I wish he'd try to take it to the block instead of settling for a jab step, jab step, jumper. This starting lineup is interesting. I like CJ having to try to defend BI.

I think it gets us out of our offense. He seemed to do better in the post against him this game, but overall I'm not sure we really win that matchup. The game turned too once he went to the bench in the 3rd, and we started moving the ball and hitting threes.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I cringe every time our offense turns into Brandon Ingram mid range iso... just saying
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
epak wrote:

I think it gets us out of our offense. He seemed to do better in the post against him this game, but overall I'm not sure we really win that matchup. The game turned too once he went to the bench in the 3rd, and we started moving the ball and hitting threes.

It would be awesome if BI's body turned out more like KD instead of Darius Miles.
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject:

Apparently I am watching a different player. You can look at the box score and piece together what you want from his play offensively but when I am at the game, or on a rare occasion that I have to be home to watch it, I see a guy that is being asked to shoulder and deliver one of the hardest aspects of the game.

The team doesent have a big threat off curl actions. The team doesent really have a mid range threat at all in the half court aside from Lebron. BI is on the cusp of being pretty good from that spot on the floor. Sure his shot selection and decision making needs to improve but for goodness sakes do you all see some of the shots hes taking and knocking down? Highly contested off the dribble and or big time fades in traffic or over dude. Is he missing some? Sure, but right now he plays D, and is active and long in the passing lanes. Lebron believes in him enough verbally back the kid which Lebron doesen just walk around doing. He also believes in him enough to go to him and in certain stretches return to the well 2-3 times in a row in some cases like tonight. This is called development, its great for the film room, its great for a lot of things.

BI isnt going to take this big tool chest of skills he has and magically put them together year two, im sorry very few players ever have. Hes working one aspect at a time and doing it while also remaining engaged on D. This isnt a red flag guys. Every game we get a smidge more in one area and maybe less in another. This year is about melding that together.

Hes 21, he was 6-15 tonight, scored 17 points on mostly highly contested jumper iso sets when we needed buckets and we as a fan base are upset? Be upset over his rebounding or his inability to process all of this together and be a stud right this second but dont be upset over that. Enjoy watching him process how to be great and you will enjoy it all the more trust me.....

Thee Jason in LA
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
Apparently I am watching a different player. You can look at the box score and piece together what you want from his play offensively but when I am at the game, or on a rare occasion that I have to be home to watch it, I see a guy that is being asked to shoulder and deliver one of the hardest aspects of the game.

The team doesent have a big threat off curl actions. The team doesent really have a mid range threat at all in the half court aside from Lebron. BI is on the cusp of being pretty good from that spot on the floor. Sure his shot selection and decision making needs to improve but for goodness sakes do you all see some of the shots hes taking and knocking down? Highly contested off the dribble and or big time fades in traffic or over dude. Is he missing some? Sure, but right now he plays D, and is active and long in the passing lanes. Lebron believes in him enough verbally back the kid which Lebron doesen just walk around doing. He also believes in him enough to go to him and in certain stretches return to the well 2-3 times in a row in some cases like tonight. This is called development, its great for the film room, its great for a lot of things.

BI isnt going to take this big tool chest of skills he has and magically put them together year two, im sorry very few players ever have. Hes working one aspect at a time and doing it while also remaining engaged on D. This isnt a red flag guys. Every game we get a smidge more in one area and maybe less in another. This year is about melding that together.

Hes 21, he was 6-15 tonight, scored 17 points on mostly highly contested jumper iso sets when we needed buckets and we as a fan base are upset? Be upset over his rebounding or his inability to process all of this together and be a stud right this second but dont be upset over that. Enjoy watching him process how to be great and you will enjoy it all the more trust me.....

I agree, I liked a lot his game last night, sure there's a lot of room to improve, but offensively he's put in a difficult situation. I think he's doing OK, and when he's trying to get other players involved, it's even better...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Solid game tonight. If only he would just replace those contested midrange 2s with 3s.

Unfortunately that’s all he’s capable of doing due to his weak body’s strength and poor balance/footwork. There are quite a few times last night where BI had good mid post position on McCloum and pissed them away either by forced up those awkward looking jumpers or passed to a teammate to reset the offense. The guys offensive game is beyond raw and yet he’s so eager to prove to everyone otherwise, hence, the iso show every time he touches the ball, but he’s not good at that at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

I liked Lonzo/BI's defense tonight, even if Dame/CJ put up points. They had to work so hard on lots of shot attempts to get theirs. Seemed like a lot of their shots were contested.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

IMO Bi had a good game last night. Just like any young player he will have ups and downs.
He has to develop some consistency & his jump shot is still a work in progress. Defensively he's doing as good as expected.
I still believe that when it is all said and done that he's going to a solid, unique type of baller.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Great game from Ingram tonight

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

6-15 shooting and 2 rebounds. Every other Laker who played tonight, except Rondo, had at least 4.

Last game was 3 rebounds.

Aren’t you a big Kuzma supporter and you’re going to call out the guy who’s role is to leak out, out for rebounding? How many games has Kuzma a “pf” had 3 or less rebounds?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

BI's longball shots have no touch. Seem to hit the rim hard and/or feels like his shooting motion "flings" a shot at the rim. Shot doctors, am I off in this assessment?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:

@UnwrittenRul3s

Brandon Ingrams defense has taken a big step this season and last night was no different. Lakers stuck him on CJ McCollum and he did a really nice job using his length to create problems on that end of the floor. His highlights from the win:

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1063065736929665025
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
drae wrote:
An all round game always takes longer to develop, and Ingram is still very much in development. In my opinion though he needs to come off the bench.

Says the guy who conveniently joined LG yesterday

What difference does that make? If you can’t contest the message, attack the messenger?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:

This is a really good assessment. Fans want to see continuous proof of his present and future greatness with no hiccups and no steps back. From what I understand, BI was a late bloomer in his school years, and the leap to the NBA is huge, AND his body is underdeveloped, so it only makes sense to see erratic growth patterns.

Patience people. he's still figuring it out. He works hard and wants to be great. He has been forced to play a few different roles in the NBA. He just needs a little time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

I commend BI for his defense on much smaller/quicker guards. CJ is 6'3/6'4 and quick, and BI gave him fits. This will prove helpful to BI if/when he has a chance to play more "SF" minutes again.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
andrewc wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Great game from Ingram tonight

What game are you watching? He looks mediocre at best and it's so maddening to watch him continue to shoot the mid-range like somehow he'll suddenly start hitting them like Kobe-time. Almost looks like his game has regressed.

6-15 shooting and 2 rebounds. Every other Laker who played tonight, except Rondo, had at least 4.

Last game was 3 rebounds.

Aren’t you a big Kuzma supporter and you’re going to call out the guy who’s role is to leak out, out for rebounding? How many games has Kuzma a “pf” had 3 or less rebounds?

Luke has said he wants everybody rebounding and doesn’t want them leaking out before we get possession. Kuzma(as well as the other young guys) is a better rebounder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1390, 1391, 1392 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1391 of 1885
Jump to: