OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1397, 1398, 1399 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

This thread has officially surpassed sophomore year DLO thread as the biggest warzone on this forum.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
This thread has officially surpassed sophomore year DLO thread as the biggest warzone on this forum.

Nah... I'm just killing time until Saturday.

I've said on this thread that although I love BI... I'd trade him for an even swap for a top player with an smaller piece thrown in.

I simply wouldn't trade 3 of the core for Jimmy or AD.

I agree with all those that have said BI hasn't done well enough... but on the other hand... his 21 year old numbers are far from conclusive.

He could go either way... but I certainly wouldn't count him out.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate pointing out all these people many think are great that didn't do any better at his age... and many throughout the course of their careers.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
It doesn’t have to be a king’s ransom, they probably want picks. And you should have learned by now that saying only to the Lakers doesn’t work. George went to OKC and Leonard went to Toronto (for a king’s ransom). Teams don’t care about what the player says and there is always one ready to make the trade. Even more if Leonard re-signs with Toronto.

Derozan wasn't a King's Ransom though, and at the time, Sabonis and Oladipo definitely wasn't.

At the time, most people thought the Raptors would have a difficult time trading Derozan if they chose to do so. It just so happened that the Spurs were still in a position to win with Pop and Aldridge that taking a veteran made sense for them (despite his contract).

In PG's case, Oladipo was looked at as a mediocre player on an awful contract, and Sabonis was just a late lotto pick that showed the potential to be a solid starter at best.

Derozan was an all NBA player, the Spurs scored big on that trade.

I'm higher than most here on DRoz.

But this was really to assuage Pop who is retiring soon and they didn't want to stick a rebuild on his way out. I agree it was a good trade for the Spurs given what everyone else was likely offering.

Yeah it was great for the Spurs, but it was because they were in a unique scenario. From what I can recall, the other potential Leonard trades that were reported were fairly meh -- Lakers weren't willing to include Ingram, Celtics not willing to include Tatum/Brown, and Sixers not even willing to include Fultz.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I've said on this thread that although I love BI... I'd trade him for an even swap for a top player with an smaller piece thrown in.

I agree with all those that have said BI hasn't done well enough... but on the other hand... his 21 year old numbers are far from conclusive.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate pointing out all these people many think are great that didn't do any better at his age... and many throughout the course of their careers.

Wasn't talking about specifically your post but in general. Like before this season started, Lonzo thread had like 5 pages on this thread but now BI thread is leading by 100.

After every game it's either his supporters going HAM because he had a good game or his non supporters going HAM because he had a bad game.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Jimmy Butler midrange shooting at 24... full season stats.

3 to 10 feet 20.4%
10 to 16 feet 40.7%
16 to 3 pt line 35.8%
3 point shooting 28.3%

BI shooting at 21 having a so called terrible start.

3 to 10 feet 36.4%
10 to 16 feet 36.7%
16 to 3 pt line 45.0%
3 point shooting 35%

Oh, but the game has changed so much since 2014... BI couldn't possibly be any good... let's trade him, and Kuzma for Butler...

Ugh. Give me a break.

But but but he can’t possibly get better . Lol I’m glad that he has that edge on him, that mentality that he believed on himself that he can get better. He even said that he was disappointed on himself on his first 2 years.

I'll do even one better

Russell Westbrook MVP season

3 to 10 feet 30.5%
10 to 16 feet 43.4%
16 feet to 3 pt line 34.5%
3 point shooting 34.3%

BI's "flop" 3rd season so far

3 to 10 feet 36.4%
10 to 16 feet 36.7%
16 to 3 pt line 45.0%
3 point shooting 35%

But hey, the game has evolved so much since 2017 that these numbers no longer have relevance...

Westbrook took 10 to 16 feet shots only 17% of the time... so the other 83% of the time... BI was more likely to make the shot.

Yes, hard though it may be to believe... BI's finishes at the rim at a higher percentage than RW also.

The percentages don't provide much context if you don't include the volume of shots taken at those various ranges. With regards to Westbrook, I'm certain the majority of his shots are at the rim and the 10-16 foot range (think of all those hard dribble pull-ups he likes to take). Also, if you're going to compare BI to All-Star level players who don't shoot the ball well, you can't leave out the fact that those guys can consistently break their man off the dribble and get to the rim. That most certainly isn't a strong part of BI's game at this point.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook shot 29% of his shots at the rim during his MVP year
41% of his shots from midrange
30% of his shots from three.

Ingram has shot 30% of his shots at the rim
55% of his shots from midrange
15% of his shots from three

Last year Ingram shot 37% of his shots at the rim
49% of his shots from midrange
14% of his shots from three

The complaint many here on LG have is that he needs to find more shots at three or the rim and less shots from midrange.

I agree with this but I also pointed out that while Ball tended to find Ingram more at the rim... LBJ's preferred target is Kuzma.

So, the only choice for Ingram to improve his efficiency is to take more threes, as well as work on drawing more fouls and improving his foul shooting.

The argument I have been making, and it seems to be valid looking at the stats is that his numbers haven't been that atrocious... and fall in line with many all star perimeter players.

Bottom line, he needs to get up to over 20% of his shots from three and eventually closer to 30%... but I also don't want him chucking from there if he can't hit them yet. In that context... making twos is okay as long as he continues to work his way in that direction.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Westbrook shot 29% of his shots at the rim during his MVP year
41% of his shots from midrange
30% of his shots from three.

Ingram has shot 30% of his shots at the rim
55% of his shots from midrange
15% of his shots from three

Last year Ingram shot 37% of his shots at the rim
49% of his shots from midrange
14% of his shots from three

The complaint many here on LG have is that he needs to find more shots at three or the rim and less shots from midrange.

I agree with this but I also pointed out that while Ball tended to find Ingram more at the rim... LBJ's preferred target is Kuzma.

So, the only choice for Ingram to improve his efficiency is to take more threes, as well as work on drawing more fouls and improving his foul shooting.

The argument I have been making, and it seems to be valid looking at the stats is that his numbers haven't been that atrocious... and fall in line with many all star perimeter players.

Bottom line, he needs to get up to over 20% of his shots from three and eventually closer to 30%... but I also don't want him chucking from there if he can't hit them yet. In that context... making twos is okay as long as he continues to work his way in that direction.

Dude every individual is different. You r comparing apples to oranges
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Not really sure what you think is so funny about this post. AD I would trade for, but guys like Buckets and pg13 have maxed out and don’t exactly top the needle THAT much especially when it looks like LBJ wants a guy who will carry the team as the primary scorer until crunch time when he can take over. Obviously I’m not saying that’s BI, simply that that’s what you want in return for a BI package.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Not really sure what you think is so funny about this post. AD I would trade for, but guys like Buckets and pg13 have maxed out and don’t exactly top the needle THAT much especially when it looks like LBJ wants a guy who will carry the team as the primary scorer until crunch time when he can take over. Obviously I’m not saying that’s BI, simply that that’s what you want in return for a BI package.

Don't u think if we were to trade 3 of our core guys for PG or kawhi or buckets, they would be a Laker by now?

They r not, so what does that mean? Lakers never offered 3 of our core for any of those guys

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Ingram is my personal favorite player on the team. And I've had people in this thread say I'm hating when I acknowledged he had a bad game on both sides of the floor (that first game on our most recent back to back).
I've also seen people in this thread act like Ingram hasn't helped us on this current winning streak. Like we're winning in spite of him.
So ya, I guess calling this thread a war zone is fair.
Not alot of moderate takes in here.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Ingram is my personal favorite player on the team. And I've had people in this thread say I'm hating when I acknowledged he had a bad game on both sides of the floor (that first game on our most recent back to back).
I've also seen people in this thread act like Ingram hasn't helped us on this current winning streak. Like we're winning in spite of him.

It’s definitely a war zone right now. 1ngr4m himself has been called out for questioning BI’s bad games and bad habits. One of the few posters who’s opened minded about BI but gets shamed for questioning the negatives of the guy because it’s supposedly just a way to close this “homerism”. Smh. Like he and I discussed the other day, this thread has gotten to a point it’s not even a fun debate anymore. Just so ugly.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Don't u think if we were to trade 3 of our core guys for PG or kawhi or buckets, they would be a Laker by now?

They r not, so what does that mean? Lakers never offered 3 of our core for any of those guys

Not George or Leonard. Indy wasn’t trading PG and Pop obviously wanted solid veteran players. But I agree about Butler.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Oh man. You sure?

I miss that thread. So many meltdowns
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

It’s definitely a war zone right now. 1ngr4m himself has been called out for questioning BI’s bad games and bad habits. One of the few posters who’s opened minded about BI but gets shamed for questioning the negatives of the guy because it’s supposedly just a way to close this “homerism”. Smh. Like he and I discussed the other day, this thread has gotten to a point it’s not even a fun debate anymore. Just so ugly.

He said.. "He's capable of having good/decent games like tonight, problem is he follows it up with 3-4 game streaks of playing like absolute trash."

I said.. "He hasn't been absolute trash, though his offense hasn't been good."

I also said.. "I think it's best to not have any expectations with Ingram. He's proven he can be a good player when utilized correctly. I'll give him that and nothing more until he shows he can be anything other than that consistently. Expecting anything more leads to disappointment. I've taken this same approach with Ball. Kuz I am actually disappointed with of the young core."

Sounds reasonable to me..

He didn't take issue with what I said, so why are you? I questioned what he said specifically and thought it was a bit much. He agreed. So what are you talking about?

Last edited by SocalDevin on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

He didn't take issue with what I said, so why are you? I questioned what he said specifically and thought it was a bit much. He agreed. So what are you talking about?

Touchy touchy. Like I said, it’s a war zone in here.

I don’t take offense to it at all, simply pointing out how far things have gone in here. Why is it that you would even have to question something like that when the guy simply called it like he sees it. Usually the people who believe son passionately about something(or someone) they’re the ones most critical. It kinda caught my attention, because I’ve been questioned this same way recently off the board by someone because I simply expect more from BI and my guess is 1ngr4m is the same way. Don’t be so sensitive, it wasn’t so much a negative comment meant towards you, so much as an observation about where this thread is at right now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Touchy touchy. Like I said, it’s a war zone in here.

I don’t take offense to it at all, simply pointing out how far things have gone in here. Why is it that you would even have to question something like that when the guy simply called it like he sees it. Usually the people who believe son passionately about something(or someone) they’re the ones most critical. It kinda caught my attention, because I’ve been questioned this same way recently off the board by someone because I simply expect more from BI and my guess is 1ngr4m is the same way. Don’t be so sensitive, it wasn’t so much a negative comment meant towards you, so much as an observation about where this thread is at right now.

He said.. "He's capable of having good/decent games like tonight, problem is he follows it up with 3-4 game streaks of playing like absolute trash."

I said.. "He hasn't been absolute trash, though his offense hasn't been good."

I also said.. "I think it's best to not have any expectations with Ingram. He's proven he can be a good player when utilized correctly. I'll give him that and nothing more until he shows he can be anything other than that consistently. Expecting anything more leads to disappointment. I've taken this same approach with Ball. Kuz I am actually disappointed with of the young core."

Sounds reasonable to me..
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

No one is being sensitive.. I'm calling you on a mischaracterization of what actually happened. Nothing more. Setting the record straight cause you misrepresented it in regards to our exchange. You guys throw that sensitive word around far too much when it doesn't apply.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

And I actually didn’t realize it was you who had questioned him on that or I wouldn’t have been so quick to take it negatively. I know where you stand as a poster. Your history speaks for itself. No disrespect meant my dude.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
And I actually didn’t realize it was you who had questioned him on that or I wouldn’t have been so quick to take it negatively. I know where you stand as a poster. Your history speaks for itself. No disrespect meant my dude.

It's all good, I wasn't offended.. I would never shame him, I just wanted to make sure that was clear. He's more optimistic than I am in regards to Ingram, but I see nothing wrong with that. That optimism leads to anger when he's playing like sh1t lol.. So I've tapered my expectations for him and the others.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Got banned for fighting the good fight y’all. I never disrespected anyone in particular. But I guess you get punished here for not echoing along with the echo chamber. If you’ve got time head off to nba.com and view these stats yourself. Explore the stats section of that site so many gems there.

BI is currently the leading starter in net plus-minus
BI is currently the leading starter in netRtg

Our top two 5 man lineups in netRtg features BI, the kid must be doing something right despite everyone trying to convince us that he doesn’t fit with Lebron.

He has upped his free throw percentage to 71%, hope he keeps it up. He def should be getting to the line more considereing the rate at which he drives into the lane and attacks the basket, the refs still treat him like a 2nd year player where he even got more respect in that aspect than he does now.

He shoots 35% from 3, now imagine what would happen if he was shooting 29% like the so called best fit who is 2 years older is shooting.

Let’s not even talk about defense, at 21 already turning into a staple on that end without stat chasing, always taking on the toughest perimeter matchup forcing them into tough shots with his length. On avg whoever he’s guarding shoots -1.4% worse than they’d normally shoot on a given night.

Besides the fact that he hasn’t had a breakout game yet, dude has been awesome. It took Lebron 14 games into the season to have a breakout game. BI is sitting on his 10th game in his 3rd season adjusting to playing with new personnel and a major change of role, context people.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Jimmy Butler midrange shooting at 24... full season stats.

3 to 10 feet 20.4%
10 to 16 feet 40.7%
16 to 3 pt line 35.8%
3 point shooting 28.3%

BI shooting at 21 having a so called terrible start.

3 to 10 feet 36.4%
10 to 16 feet 36.7%
16 to 3 pt line 45.0%
3 point shooting 35%

Oh, but the game has changed so much since 2014... BI couldn't possibly be any good... let's trade him, and Kuzma for Butler...

Ugh. Give me a break.

I don't understand how posting bad offensive numbers from Jimmy Butler in 2013-14 - when he scored just 13.7 points in a whopping 38.7 minutes per game - demonstrates a point in Ingram's favor.

If your point is that there are some guys who were bad on offense early in their careers who eventually became good, of course that's true. There are also a lot of guys who were bad on offense who eventually became average or stayed bad. I don't understand why the default is citing guys who were the exception to the rule.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Got banned for fighting the good fight y’all. I never disrespected anyone in particular. But I guess you get punished here for not echoing along with the echo chamber. If you’ve got time head off to nba.com and view these stats yourself. Explore the stats section of that site so many gems there.

Our top two 5 man lineups in netRtg features BI, the kid must be doing something right despite everyone trying to convince us that he doesn’t fit with Lebron.

He has upped his free throw percentage to 71%, hope he keeps it up. He def should be getting to the line more considereing the rate at which he drives into the lane and attacks the basket, the refs still treat him like a 2nd year player where he even got more respect in that aspect than he does now.

He shoots 35% from 3, now imagine what would happen if he was shooting 29% like the so called best fit who is 2 years older is shooting.

Let’s not even talk about defense, at 21 already turning into a staple on that end without stat chasing, always taking on the toughest perimeter matchup forcing them into tough shots with his length. On avg whoever he’s guarding shoots -1.4% worse than they’d normally shoot on a given night.

Besides the fact that he hasn’t had a breakout game yet, dude has been awesome. It took Lebron 14 games into the season to have a breakout game. BI is sitting on his 10th game in his 3rd season adjusting to playing with new personnel and a major change of role, context people.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

He's not taking the toughest defensive matchup every night (he defends CJ McCollum instead of Lillard, for example) and he isn't a part of the two lineups with the highest Net Rating, unless you're referring to a pair of lineups that have played 1 minute together this season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1397, 1398, 1399 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1398 of 1885
Jump to: