OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

Ingram is not a #1A or 2 option. he should model his game after ariza.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:

Yeah, he's a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option. Coaching staff needs to rein it in.

Last edited by jg77 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:

Ariza isn't his ceiling. But Ariza and Odom would be great players to model his game after.
And in the current NBA. An Ariza/Odom hybrid is a borderline all star when Ingram hits his prime.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Ariza isn't his ceiling. But Ariza and Odom would be great players to model his game after.
And in the current NBA. That's a borderline all star when he hits his prime.

I want him to approach his role from a bottom to top, rather than top to bottom.

Work his way up to being a future #1/2 option rather than starting from it (which was basically last season). So now that's no longer his role b/c he is literally playing with the best player in the NBA, he's lost b/c he's been playing a #1/2 option role and thinks that's his role.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

I want him to approach his role from a bottom to top, rather than top to bottom.

Work his way up to being a future #1/2 option rather than starting from it (which was basically last season). So now that's no longer his role b/c he is literally playing with the best player in the NBA, he's lost b/c he's been playing a #1/2 option role and thinks that's his role.

I agree. GT's posts make me think he's being asked to be the clear cut #2 scoring option. And that's not putting him in the best position to succeed with this roster.
Come playoff time I'm sure he'll be better in his current role. But we aren't winning any chips with 21 year old Ingram as our second option. Even at 25. He may be more of a 3rd option on a championship team. And before people jump down my throat. Klay Thompson is currently the #3 option on a championship team. It's not an insult.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Does everyone think Brandon thinks like this? I'm sure he has an ego... any top high school, then top college prospect would... but the difference between DLO and BI is that when he hit that clutch shot last game after a mostly poor display... I didn't see any stupid ice in my veins type celebration... I don't remember any celebration. I think he just does what he's asked to do.

I think he believes in himself, but that he's also very coachable... but many here think he's full of himself and selfish. I wonder why my perception is so different.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Does everyone think Brandon thinks like this? I'm sure he has an ego... any top high school, then top college prospect would... but the difference between DLO and BI is that when he hit that clutch shot last game after a mostly poor display... I didn't see any stupid ice in my veins type celebration... I don't remember any celebration. I think he just does what he's asked to do.

I think he believes in himself, but that he's also very coachable... but many here think he's full of himself and selfish. I wonder why my perception is so different.

Because you're conflating outward emotionalism (i.e. Ice in Veins) with BI being "humble" b/c he's quiet.

Every top draft pick has an ego. They've been the best basketball player on the court probably for most of their young lives. Players exhibit it differently. I think BI thinks very highly of himself, and that's a good thing. I don't think he's uncoachable but I do think the coaches are not doing a good job developing him.

Ironically, we often think of BI as the low maintenance guy who should have basketball parented using a "free range" approach. But I think it's a disservice b/c it's not developing him right.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

I'm still not sure if we shouldn't be trying to develope him like a KD who drives more or a LO.

All I know is this kid still has more potential than any player in the NBA (imo) and I'm still waiting to see him explode
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Because you're conflating outward emotionalism (i.e. Ice in Veins) with BI being "humble" b/c he's quiet.

Every top draft pick has an ego. They've been the best basketball player on the court probably for most of their young lives. Players exhibit it differently. I think BI thinks very highly of himself, and that's a good thing. I don't think he's uncoachable but I do think the coaches are not doing a good job developing him.

Ironically, we often think of BI as the low maintenance guy who should have basketball parented using a "free range" approach. But I think it's a disservice b/c it's not developing him right.

Maybe, I'm still convinced he's making his shots in scrimmages and it's not translating to actual games. I can't believe the front office would be so stubborn (stupid) not to trade him if he wasn't performing behind the scenes. It's not like he's bricking shots right and left... a lot of in and out shots... his FT shot looks better.

I realize as fans, everyone has the right to expect more from a #2 pick that has been sold to us (especially season ticket holders) as a savior of the franchise. But for me he looks on the verge of genuine success, in spite of some of his awkward plays.

Again, maybe I'm trusting the FO too much... but I have to believe they see something we don't get to see for them not to trade him when his value was so high.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

I also want BI to start taking a ton more threes not sure why he is so hesitant to launch them release your inner KD.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I also want BI to start taking a ton more threes not sure why he is so hesitant to launch them release your inner KD.
because he knows he can't shoot them that well.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Well he shot 39% last year and did well in college but who cares he needs to start launching and experimenting with his game. The guy is still too young to worry about if he he's going to miss them, he needs the reps
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Well he shot 39% last year and did well in college but who cares he needs to start launching and experimenting with his game. The guy is still too young to worry about if he he's going to miss them, he needs the reps

But only on 1.8 or 1.9 3s a game. That 39% fluctuates widely if he took 100 more 3s that year.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

But only on 1.8 or 1.9 3s a game. That 39% fluctuates widely if he took 100 more 3s that year.

True but it is still a very efficient shot so even if he misses them its not the end of the world.

Lonzo Ball for all the things he needs to improve I can atleast say he doesnt care if he misses a three he contuinues to launch them no matter what.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

True but it is still a very efficient shot so even if he misses them its not the end of the world.

Lonzo Ball for all the things he needs to improve I can atleast say he doesnt care if he misses a three he contuinues to launch them no matter what.

This. Even being a lousy three-pointer shooter is preferable to the "45% FG shooter" or whatever he is now. It's this kid's mind is stuck in 1998.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I think BI could be a killer corner 3 shooter. But it's as if something is whispering to him to not shoot 3s.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

This. Even being a lousy three-pointer shooter is preferable to the "45% FG shooter" or whatever he is now. It's this kid's mind is stuck in 1998.

Unless you shoot below 30%... in which case it's better to shoot 45% 2 point shots.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

A jab step 3 might be the best short term solution to his low 3P attempts.
Cause his catch and shoot mechanics are noticeably slow.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think BI could be a killer corner 3 shooter. But it's as if something is whispering to him to not shoot 3s.

Luke (maybe influenced by Magic). I've seen him say at least twice (and I don't watch a lot of the superfluous coverage anymore) that he doesn't want players settling for the three.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Unless you shoot below 30%... in which case it's better to shoot 45% 2 point shots.

Even then I'd argue in favor of the threes because of the added benefit of floor spacing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Luke (maybe influenced by Magic). I've seen him say at least twice (and I don't watch a lot of the superfluous coverage anymore) that he doesn't want players settling for the three.

But then Lonzo/Kuz/Hart (yay)/LBJ (yay) are launching 3s. I just don't get it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But then Lonzo/Kuz/Hart (yay)/LBJ (yay) are launching 3s. I just don't get it.

I've seen Kuz pass up wide open ones from the corner too.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This absolutely.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Yeah, he's a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option. Coaching staff needs to rein it in.

He's not a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option that needs to rein him in.

He's a guy that's forced to play like the 2nd option because of the coaching staff.

Do people really think a Lebron led team, trying to win now, is just not able to control BI? That's he's just on his own saying "(bleep) this, I want my isos"? He's 20, he doesn't have the IQ that other guys do, they need to implement him better.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
jg77 wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

He's not a role player with the freedom of a 2nd option that needs to rein him in.

He's a guy that's forced to play like the 2nd option because of the coaching staff.

Do people really think a Lebron led team, trying to win now, is just not able to control BI? That's he's just on his own saying "(bleep) this, I want my isos"? He's 20, he doesn't have the IQ that other guys do, they need to implement him better.

I definitely don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities. Dude was already caught scoffing at the idea of coming off the bench.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1412, 1413, 1414 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1413 of 1885
Jump to: