OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1420, 1421, 1422 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brouk9
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LO is way better than BI.

Comparing BI to Odom is like
Comparing Caruso to Magic. Or Adam Morrison to Worthy.

Let’s compare LO at 21 to BI at 21. LO at 21 was 2001-02 season. He averaged 13, 6, 6 with 41% from the field and 19% from three.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Again with the hyperbole...

Odom only matched Ingram's shooting last year once in his first five years...

His TS% was 48% in his third year.

I liked Odom but his career shooting percentage was 53.4% and Ingram shot 53.6% at the age of 20.

He was a better rebounder, stronger and better player at this point... but some of you are acting like he was Worthy.

His career average was 14... the same as Ingram's poor performance tonight.

Nah man. When we compare players we aren’t saying they have to be exact facsimiles. But the mindset. I’m not convinced about BI being a premiere go to high volume scorer. I do think he couldn’t be a helluva utility player who can be a jack of many trades like LO.

Oh I agree with your comp... I'm disagreeing with those who are remembering Odom like he was Tracy McGrady.

LO was good... even great for a couple years... but Ingram's career trajectory isn't much different at this stage.

And I thought he was terrible for most of tonight.
brouk9
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
brouk9 wrote:
Is Ingram behind the curve in his devlopment? Maybe. But what is the standard we re judging him against? KD? AD? He’s definitely not that. But look at Simmons even, still has a major hole in his game. He’s 21! He’s definitely got to mature physically. On top of that he now has to adjust to playing with the greatest player alive who dominates so much of the ball and the offense. That has been hard for established veterans and all starts in this league and took time. Even Wade and Kyrie struggled early on. Again , he’s 21. There’s so much potential. He’s got the size , feel for the game , raw talent and most importantly he’s a hard worker.
I wish more people would have some perspective and chill the F out.
You can say that the timeline doesn’t work and we should trade him. But to conclude that he’s a busy or to think right now you know what type of player he’s going to be at his best, is simply idiotic.

Forget the KD comparison. I just wanted to see him build on what he did in the 2nd half of last season. Was hoping for 18/4/4 with around 4 3PA on at least league average ts%. Almost 20 games in and he hasn't really shown much if any progression from last season. Still afraid to shoot 3s. Still tries to get everything in isolation while dribbling out the shotclock. Still in love with midrange and long 2s. This is bad coaching and player development imo. The coaches are way too laid back.

I agree that the one thing he deserves criticism for is that he didn’t work enough or isn’t confident enough to get himeself in position, take and make more spot up 3s. The other stuff he does, he’s been doing all his life and it will take some time to get better at making the right decisions on ISO’s. His read of the defense is still not up to par. He needs to drive more on his ISO’s and look to playmake or get to the line at least. Saw him do that a couple times tonight and got a couple easy buckets for others and got fouled. He definitely needs to take less long 2s. But these are all growing pains and learning curves of a young player.
I’m confident he ll eventually be twice the player he is today. I’m just not sure if this team has the time to wait for that time
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

50% shooting and made his one 3 attempt tonight and this board is (bleep) all over him. Pathetic really.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
50% shooting and made his one 3 attempt tonight and this board is (bleep) all over him. Pathetic really.

What makes me upset is that no one is getting on Tatum while people are blasting BI.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

I think people are frustrated because he played like disengaged Lonzo tonight... very passive... made a few dumb plays early... then settled down in the fourth.

As others have said, maybe the FO has read social media regarding his shot selection and he was told to play defense and not force too many iso plays... but a large part of the game he'd stand in the corner and not move much without the ball.

I blame Luke, but I also have to blame BI... something was off most of the night.
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Did you get a chance to watch the game though?
Different feeling than just the stats, imo.
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Ingram didn’t put ‘Wow’ performance, but he did a solid job. He stayed within the flow, took his chances when he saw them. He also had some nice assists and hockey assists to get some people going. He would have had more if Kuz could have hit his jumper. Not sure why he receives all the hate. It’s amazing how so many NBA experts and commentators are really high on him, but the LG lot wants to cut him.
Canuckx
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I actually did get to watch. Actually took the morning off to watch it. I agree that he wasn’t as aggressive as I’d like, but I don’t think his play warrants all the hate.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Canuckx wrote:
epak wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I actually did get to watch. Actually took the morning off to watch it. I agree that he wasn’t as aggressive as I’d like, but I don’t think his play warrants all the hate.

He picked it up in the second half. He was 2/4 from the field, 0/2 from free throws, 4 points, around 2 rebounds and 2 assists at the half. He did good in the second half though. I like Ingram, I like Ball, but they need to help out more. Lonzo was exceptional tonight. Ingram was great a couple of games ago. They're just really inconsistent atm because they're so young.

The only young guy I'm down on is Kuzma, I'm happy with everyone else. Lakers really need a consistent 2nd scoring option though.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Comparing LO to Ingram isn't fair to LO at all.

LO is a Champion and one of the best post defenders in NBA history. LO played the ball almost perfectly off the glass. I used to enjoy how quick he initiated the offense off the board.

Ingram is not LO. Not even close.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Canuckx wrote:
epak wrote:
mookielala wrote:

No doubt he doesn't deserve the hate imo.
I'm not a fan of his game, but he was a +15 which means his lineup was doing well as a group. Can't knock him for that.

He had a bad 1st half, which most people will tend to remember as people take a break to look at numbers at halftime. I believe 5 pts on 2-4 shots, 2 missed FTs, and 2 TOs to go with his 2 assists. I think he did better in the 3rd and 4th.

My main frustration with BI is how hard things are for him on offense at this time. How many easy buckets do you remember for him today? How many contested shots do you remember for him today? Of course this can change for him with experience. And we all hope it does.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mookielala wrote:

What makes me upset is that no one is getting on Tatum while people are blasting BI.

Because it's a BI thread? Pay a visit over to the other forum, they cry about Tatum over there.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Maybe it's because it's a BI thread? Pay a visit over to the other forum, they cry about Tatum over there.

I'm upset that people aren't blasting Josh Jackson in the BI thread!
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Happens after every game no matter how he plays.

Hard to find quality posts in this thread with the same 3 posters regurgitating their same low info Ingram takes after every game. Very sad.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Happens after every game no matter how he plays.

Hard to find quality posts in this thread with the same 3 posters regurgitating their same low info Ingram takes after every game. Very sad.

That's why some of you lurkers need to post more often... drive the irrational Ingram haters off the boards for awhile.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Maybe it's because it's a BI thread? Pay a visit over to the other forum, they cry about Tatum over there.

I'm upset that people aren't blasting Josh Jackson in the BI thread!

adkindo clearly hates Lonzo so much because his support for Jackson was so wrong.

Ingram is obviously better than Jackson.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject:

BI seems to have regressed from last season.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Weird game, his stat line was alright but most people seemed to have a negative impression of his performance today.

I liked some of the stuff he did today, that spin into the lane was nice. Would love to see him develop more counters and stuff like that.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

I'm listening to someone speak about the game and they said Ingram only had 2 points (1/2) at the half. So I made a mistake earlier when I said he had 4.

I guess this is what sticks with people, because his second half was good but he disappeared in the first on offense.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject:

IMO good game by Ingram.
I have feeling people here expect him to be Durant. Guys take it easy.He is 21 years old.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

I don't see anything wrong with being disappointed in his offensive performances. He's clearly been unimpressive on that end, there's no denying it.

The big question, and what I think many aren't factoring in though some have alluded to is his shot selection.

1. He's being encouraged to take low percentage shots.
2. They're no longer running the same action that he was successful in last season.
3. More often than not he is expected to score through isolation.

Can we truly or accurately assess where his game is, or his value when the coaching staff doesn't tailor the offense to optimize his strengths and showcase them? How might every single one of our players look if they were asked to get the majority of their buckets in isolation??

Does any of this mean he'd look like an allstar under better coaching conditions? No, I doubt he'd look like an allstar this season, but what we would see is a player performing a lot better than he has been. Bad coaching and development is why we're seeing what we are seeing, it really is that simple.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
December 15 I hope to see <b><b><b><b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b></b></b></b> Ingram & KCP for Bradley Beal

No one cares what you hope to see

You’re literally the worst poster on lg. You have the emotional temperament of a 3 year old child

You value your opinion too much, say what you gotta say and keep it moving. We don’t care

No one cares about your childish tantrums. Keep your wack opinions and baby outbursts to yourself

Look at your posts, this is like when your women says “it’s fine, I’m not even mad”.

You all up in your feelings, you must care. Like I said, keep it movin, we don’t care.

You might want to consider what your posts say, and make sure they stop saying it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1420, 1421, 1422 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1421 of 1885
Jump to: