OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1487, 1488, 1489 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
The Ariza rumors tell me that BI is gonna be out for at least 4 weeks

Idk about 4 weeks - but my takeaway is yeah he’s missing more than a week.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

awntawn wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

crap if hes out 4 weeks. ill just jump over to jesusdonla's thinking and just conclude dude is brittle AF.

Hope not tho hha

One person makes stuff up completely out of their ass, another person replies to it with the "I know it's not real, but if it was", and someone else goes "well, if that's the case, then" and in 3 pages it will be accepted as truth

So what you're saying is that BI is out for the year?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

awntawn wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

crap if hes out 4 weeks. ill just jump over to jesusdonla's thinking and just conclude dude is brittle AF.

Hope not tho hha

One person makes stuff up completely out of their ass, another person replies to it with the "I know it's not real, but if it was", and someone else goes "well, if that's the case, then" and in 3 pages it will be accepted as truth

Then it ends up on Twitter and gets quoted by a major outlet =P
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Hope not tho hha

Then it ends up on Twitter and gets quoted by a major outlet =P

I'm pretty damn sure there are at least some reporters out there whose "sources" are just aggregating forums and fan sites.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

All the Ingram hate on this thread is complete BS. And rude.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Easily the most pathetic thread LG has had. I’m embarrassed to be a part of it. I for one will no longer be adding to the trolls fuel and giving the hate anymore room to breathe. I’ve been reading LG since I was in the 8th grade (17 years ago) and this is the most personal bias, hate filled thread I can remember. Over it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
All the Ingram hate on this thread is complete BS. And rude.

I will never understand why people pin Laker vs. Laker. We should be hoping they all pop.

It’s not just this thread either. It’s all over.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tj24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
tj24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
he has Center length, he should not shoot a bad % at the rim.. it's because he's not athletic

more to do with being a twig. hes athletic enough.

That is a big factor , too - but creating advantages and angles on your way to the rim - so there's less contact...that's a big part of it

Angles and lanes he had last year aren't there with mcgee loitering around and lonzo being left wide open.

Sure he doesn't have elite quickness or athleticism so theres usually going to be some contact but he's not some jabroni that can't jump or get by anyone at all. He's an average, maybe slightly above average, athlete with bad footwork and a bird chest..

20 lbs added, some footwork improvement and that contact turns into free throws.

Which he'll then go 1-2 on.

Yeah probably, he leaves a lot of points on the board at the line

I’d like to think that changes at some point
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Wishing Ingram a speedy recovery - I don't hate Ingram, I just think like Ball, his lack of shooting tempers my support for him as being a big picture answer for the Lakers. Like I said in an earlier post, I could see him being effective as an AC Green type of player; where he is good to average but has 4 better shooting players ahead of him. I think his length, very good defensive abilities, and the possibility he will improve bode well for his future, he is probably a 10 year player in the league. Like Ball, he just may not improve enough to become a star.

If its true that the Lakers see Ingram out four weeks, then a Ariza/KCP trade sort of makes sense to me.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Ingram averaged 16.1 points at the age of 20

AC Green averaged 9.6 points for his career and never exceeded 14 pts per game

Tayshaun averaged 11.1 pts for his career and never exceeded 14 pts per game

Batum averages 12 pts for his career and never has exceeded 15 pts per game

Unless you think a player peaks at 20... you guys need to stop with the lazy comps.

Ingram must do better... but he already has exceeded all these players

Stop making the comparison until you come up with something closer

If you don't like the Kawhi and Giannis comparisons... then you shouldn't low ball him with players that he's already exceeded either.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1071965546294345728

This is posted on his IG

Sounds like he is already working to get back ASAP
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Any news when he is getting back playing?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
awntawn wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Hope not tho hha

So what you're saying is that BI is out for the year?

--Anonymous
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tj24 wrote:

20 lbs added, some footwork improvement and that contact turns into free throws.

Which he'll then go 1-2 on.

Did I miss the announcement of the Lakers adding a real shooting coach? The Lakers have the pieces to be an excellent team if they could just get reasonable shooting out of Ingram, Ball, etc.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Easily the most pathetic thread LG has had. I’m embarrassed to be a part of it. I for one will no longer be adding to the trolls fuel and giving the hate anymore room to breathe. I’ve been reading LG since I was in the 8th grade (17 years ago) and this is the most personal bias, hate filled thread I can remember. Over it.

U forgot Pau’s lol but this thread can be more positive for sure
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Look at every top draft pick thread LG has had. There will always be people who are very vocal in their hate of a player.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Look at every top draft pick thread LG has had. There will always be people who are very vocal in their hate of a player.

Oh please none of them are close to being this bad, especially with our current rookies.

DLO was known for being the worst one, and I was in that thread a lot but this thread has clearly surpassed that one as well.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Are the trolls really Laker fans? I understand being straightforward and saying that this skill or that technique needs to be improved, but there comes a time when the cynicism goes way over the top.

--Anonymous
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Oh please none of them are close to being this bad, especially with our current rookies.

DLO was known for being the worst one, and I was in that thread a lot but this thread has clearly surpassed that one as well.

The hatred in the DLO thread was horrific b/c of the off the court stuff, so it was irrational to begin with. Are there people in the BI thread that seem to get a thrill from egging others on? Yes.

But I've also seen some good debates on the merits. Remember, BI started off with KD/Giannis comparisons so it's a natural descent from there as most realize those comparisons are no longer valid.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

The hatred in the DLO thread was horrific b/c of the off the court stuff, so it was irrational to begin with. Are there people in the BI thread that seem to get a thrill from egging others on? Yes.

But I've also seen some good debates on the merits. Remember, BI started off with KD/Giannis comparisons so it's a natural descent from there as most realize those comparisons are no longer valid.

Lonzo Ball was supposed to break Magic Johnson’s records. People were calling Julius Randle a mix of Lebron and Barkley.

Neither of these comparisons look valid to me, don’t see people using that as a reason to troll those threads.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Lonzo Ball was supposed to break Magic Johnson’s records. People were calling Julius Randle a mix of Lebron and Barkley.

Neither of these comparisons look valid to me, don’t see people using that as a reason to troll those threads.

So you're saying people have an irrational hatred of BI the person?

Did he have snitch gate or LaVar Ball?

I feel like BI is actually venerated by a lot of Lakers fans, notwithstanding a few here who like to goad BI supporters unnecessarily. He hasn't had any off the court issues that make people hate him (if you talk to non Lakers fans the Lonzo hate is unreal).

There is a bit of hypersensitivity in defending BI though. I love spirited debates but sometimes things come off here as if BI could never do wrong. I think there are some nuggets of promise and some concerning aspects of his game. Wish folks could stick to discussing that.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

I feel like BI is actually venerated by a lot of Lakers fans, notwithstanding a few here who like to goad BI supporters unnecessarily. He hasn't had any off the court issues that make people hate him (if you talk to non Lakers fans the Lonzo hate is unreal).

There is a bit of hypersensitivity in defending BI though. I love spirited debates but sometimes things come off here as if BI could never do wrong. I think there are some nuggets of promise and some concerning aspects of his game. Wish folks could stick to discussing that.

Lol I think the hate of BI and Lonzo comes from DLo apologist. There are just people who can’t seem to move on.

The valid criticism of BI is mainly shooting. That’s fixable in time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Lol I think the hate of BI and Lonzo comes from DLo apologist. There are just people who can’t seem to move on.

Are you talking about me? I've moved on a year ago.

I just don't get why people need to pit our young guys against each other all the time. Or why it's taboo to have a discussion about a player's pros/cons without resorting to these insane turf wars in LG.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

I don't think DLO has anything to do with the criticisms that BI and Lonzo get. I think much of the criticism is fair, particularly for BI who proclaimed himself All-Star caliber and simply hasn't delivered even as the clear cut #2 option we need.

He gets one more season to break out, then he pretty much is what he is.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1487, 1488, 1489 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1488 of 1885
Jump to: