OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1489, 1490, 1491 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
If he can come back and fit in offensively without stopping the ball and forcing mid range jumpers while consistently bringing the 1v1 wing defense he has shown this year, I think the Lakers will be a a top 3 team in the NBAcome playoff time.

I don't know about top 3 team, but, you're asking BI to come back from a sprained ankle as a completely different player.

Not necessarily. He has played good on ball defense for the most part, just needs to be more consistent, that’s doable. And I don’t think that’s too much to ask of him offensively, just stop looking for your own shot as much and start to play within yourself. He’s capable of that IMO because I believe he’s a smart player. We’ll find out if he’s willing but if he is, the Lakers will only be behind Toronto and GSW.

When, in his short NBA career, has he ever done that though? Never, really. Not saying he cannot do it, I'm saying, what relevance does him changing his game (which we both agree) have anythign to do with returning from a sprained ankle?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

He was standing up for his teammate and saw several red jerseys surrounding Rondo. If you’re someone who actually has been in fights in your youth over your friends at a bar, school, wherever,... then you will understand the logic here. It wasn’t a selfish act. I’ve been in many fights over my friends when I was younger.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
He was standing up for his teammate and saw several red jerseys surrounding Rondo. If you’re someone who actually has been in fights in your youth over your friends at a bar, school, wherever,... then you will understand the logic here. It wasn’t a selfish act. I’ve been in many fights over my friends when I was younger.

...then kick them while they're down at least that's what we did back in the 60's & 70's
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

That was my last post in here I swear 😂😂
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
If he can come back and fit in offensively without stopping the ball and forcing mid range jumpers while consistently bringing the 1v1 wing defense he has shown this year, I think the Lakers will be a a top 3 team in the NBAcome playoff time.

I don't know about top 3 team, but, you're asking BI to come back from a sprained ankle as a completely different player.

Not necessarily. He has played good on ball defense for the most part, just needs to be more consistent, that’s doable. And I don’t think that’s too much to ask of him offensively, just stop looking for your own shot as much and start to play within yourself. He’s capable of that IMO because I believe he’s a smart player. We’ll find out if he’s willing but if he is, the Lakers will only be behind Toronto and GSW.

When, in his short NBA career, has he ever done that though? Never, really. Not saying he cannot do it, I'm saying, what relevance does him changing his game (which we both agree) have anythign to do with returning from a sprained ankle?

IMO the offense looks quite a bit more fluid when he’s out and I think (maybe hope) he’s capable of recognizing that and it will lead to an adjustment of his mindset. Defensively, he’s already close to what I’m asking of him. I’ve given up on him being willing to bang for rebounds but he plays hard when his man has the ball for the most part already. That’s enough of a contribution on that end. Just fit in offensively.

To answer your question, no he’s never done that but it’s a short career so far as you said and sometimes players need to see it to believe it. I’m hoping he sees the offenses potential when the ball is flying around and extra passes are made. Kuz has begun to see it. Hart and Zo have always played like that. I think BI is capable of it too.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Why let the haters win?

Just post your support when he has a good game and exit before you have to read their crap.

The main reason I post here isn't because I think Ingram is playing so great but that many here are being unfair.

If they'd stop posting... I'd hardly post here.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

yeah...it's a cesspool
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Easily the most pathetic thread LG has had. I’m embarrassed to be a part of it. I for one will no longer be adding to the trolls fuel and giving the hate anymore room to breathe. I’ve been reading LG since I was in the 8th grade (17 years ago) and this is the most personal bias, hate filled thread I can remember. Over it.

Look at every top draft pick thread LG has had. There will always be people who are very vocal in their hate of a player.

Oh please none of them are close to being this bad, especially with our current rookies.

DLO was known for being the worst one, and I was in that thread a lot but this thread has clearly surpassed that one as well.

The hatred in the DLO thread was horrific b/c of the off the court stuff, so it was irrational to begin with. Are there people in the BI thread that seem to get a thrill from egging others on? Yes.

But I've also seen some good debates on the merits. Remember, BI started off with KD/Giannis comparisons so it's a natural descent from there as most realize those comparisons are no longer valid.

Those comparisons are still valid in my opinion. The KD one was senseless to begin with. But BI is still developing and growing so I won’t say he’d never reach the same heights as those guys reached.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

yeah...it's a cesspool

The deity Ingram shall only be spoken of in the highest regard and any lesser treatment is intolerable. He’s has not and will not do any wrong in my eyes.

Am I doing this right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Easily the most pathetic thread LG has had. I’m embarrassed to be a part of it. I for one will no longer be adding to the trolls fuel and giving the hate anymore room to breathe. I’ve been reading LG since I was in the 8th grade (17 years ago) and this is the most personal bias, hate filled thread I can remember. Over it.

Look at every top draft pick thread LG has had. There will always be people who are very vocal in their hate of a player.

Oh please none of them are close to being this bad, especially with our current rookies.

DLO was known for being the worst one, and I was in that thread a lot but this thread has clearly surpassed that one as well.

The hatred in the DLO thread was horrific b/c of the off the court stuff, so it was irrational to begin with. Are there people in the BI thread that seem to get a thrill from egging others on? Yes.

But I've also seen some good debates on the merits. Remember, BI started off with KD/Giannis comparisons so it's a natural descent from there as most realize those comparisons are no longer valid.

Those comparisons are still valid in my opinion. The KD one was senseless to begin with. But BI is still developing and growing so I won’t say he’d never reach the same heights as those guys reached.

Giannis? No. I think he has a bigger frame and more natural athleticism.

It's OK if BI isn't KD or Giannis. That's the whole point. If someone says BI isn't a superstar, doesn't mean he's therefore a scrub.

Those who call him a bust are just trolling. At worst BI is already a rotation level player who is very active and disruptive on defense. He's a work in progress which everyone should agree on.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's OK if BI isn't KD or Giannis. That's the whole point. If someone says BI isn't a superstar, doesn't mean he's therefore a scrub.

Those who call him a bust are just trolling. At worst BI is already a rotation level player who is very active and disruptive on defense. He's a work in progress which everyone should agree on.

He’s disruptive because of incredible length but I think saying he’s very active is a fairly significant exaggeration.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I don't think DLO has anything to do with the criticisms that BI and Lonzo get. I think much of the criticism is fair, particularly for BI who proclaimed himself All-Star caliber and simply hasn't delivered even as the clear cut #2 option we need.

He gets one more season to break out, then he pretty much is what he is.

Next season he’ll be 22, then he is what he is? You don’t think he’ll get better? I don’t think you believe that.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

He’s disruptive because of incredible length but I think saying he’s very active is a fairly significant exaggeration.

I think he's active. His off ball defense can leave much to be desired, but I really like his defensive activity level. Yes, it's length, but he's pouring more energy onto the defensive end this year with LBJ here.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There is a bit of hypersensitivity in defending BI though.

Bingo.

People said the same thing in the DLO thread. Time is a flat circle. Who the young Laker is doesn't matter to a certain degree. It's the fans that repeat the same thing over and over again. I'm not above it either. After everyone piled on DLO after the Swaggy incident. I realized how harsh I had been before.

BI doesn’t have a Swaggy incident or a Lavar Ball, so why the vitriolic hate.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

I think he's active. His off ball defense can leave much to be desired, but I really like his defensive activity level. Yes, it's length, but he's pouring more energy onto the defensive end this year with LBJ here.

I agree he’s exerting more energy but that’s a relative statement. If his off ball defense leaves much to be desired I struggle to see how you think he’s very active. That’s where most defensive activity comes from IMO.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

People said the same thing in the DLO thread. Time is a flat circle. Who the young Laker is doesn't matter to a certain degree. It's the fans that repeat the same thing over and over again. I'm not above it either. After everyone piled on DLO after the Swaggy incident. I realized how harsh I had been before.

The criticism(not vitriolic hate) comes from his on court play, you know the stuff that actually matters. I don’t care who your dad is or what you say about your teammates as long as there is on court production.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I agree he’s exerting more energy but that’s a relative statement. If his off ball defense leaves much to be desired I struggle to see how you think he’s very active. That’s where most defensive activity comes from IMO.

But on ball defense doesn't? That sequence where he shut down DRoz shows that energy on-ball.

And as I've said, off ball wise he could pick it up more.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It’s fine if he doesn’t reach those heights but like I said, I wouldn’t flat out say No. He has the tools just like those guys, he’s his own player. He’s been comparable at the same age, so it’s up to him and his circumstances to decide what path he wants to take to superstardom and how he gets there.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

The criticism(not vitriolic hate) comes from his on court play, you know the stuff that actually matters. I don’t care who your dad is or what you say about your teammates as long as there is on court production.

Go through this thread if you missed the vitriolic hate. I wasn’t addressing the constructive criticisms. I dish out those as well in this thread.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

But on ball defense doesn't? That sequence where he shut down DRoz shows that energy on-ball.

And as I've said, off ball wise he could pick it up more.

It does but that’s the bare minimum IMO. Most players who aren’t superstars are active on the ball IMO. Off the ball is when true effort shows as it isn’t nearly as obvious. For me to consider somebody very active they must be very active off the ball.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

Go through this thread if you missed the vitriolic hate. I wasn’t addressing the constructive criticisms. I dish out those as well in this thread.

Yea, I must’ve missed it.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

DLO was DONE after that incident. There was no way to have a rational conversation about the kid after that.

But the BI thread, I see a few trolls here and there, but I also see people taking their time to explain their critiques of BI too. We should be able to do so without getting accusatory and personal.

I think that incident may end up being a good thing for DLO in the long run. He's matured a lot since then, on and off the court. Rooting for the kid.

I think the critics are mostly fine.
When it jumps to the level of "we're better off without Ingram", or "we're winning despite Ingram", or "any game Ingram doesn't shoot above 50% is a bad game". That's when it gets a little ridiculous.
Worse than what DLO got? Of course not. But ridiculous nonetheless.

Honestly, the DLO defenders made the DLO thread worse. You couldn’t point out if he had a bad game or not without his defenders getting up in arms about any minor criticisms. I was a DLO supporter and had to avoid that thread all together.

I haven’t seen any hypersensitive Ingram defender in this thread. Most of his supporters have been astute in their assessment of his game in my opinion

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

DLO was DONE after that incident. There was no way to have a rational conversation about the kid after that.

But the BI thread, I see a few trolls here and there, but I also see people taking their time to explain their critiques of BI too. We should be able to do so without getting accusatory and personal.

from my understanding he was done but it had nothing to do with the locker room incident

See this proves the point. Folks were piling on him BEFORE he played his first SPL game. And it's pure ignorance to say that the snitch thing only added fuel to the fire that they had started.

Oh I remember.

my reference/understanding come from the coaching staff not the fans

After he liked the tweet that said his boss would be stupid, I knew he was out of here. He brought a lot of the hate he got on himself. I’m happy he’s doing well in Brooklyn no off court dramas so far, good for him.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think that incident may end up being a good thing for DLO in the long run. He's matured a lot since then, on and off the court. Rooting for the kid.

I think the critics are mostly fine.
When it jumps to the level of "we're better off without Ingram", or "we're winning despite Ingram", or "any game Ingram doesn't shoot above 50% is a bad game". That's when it gets a little ridiculous.
Worse than what DLO got? Of course not. But ridiculous nonetheless.

Honestly, the DLO defenders made the DLO thread worse. You couldn’t point out if he had a bad game or not without his defenders getting up in arms about any minor criticisms. I was a DLO supporter and had to avoid that thread all together.

I haven’t seen any hypersensitive Ingram defender in this thread. Most of his supporters have been astute in their assessment of his game in my opinion

Oh my.

B/c so much in that thread was on-court related.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

yeah...it's a cesspool

The deity Ingram shall only be spoken of in the highest regard and any lesser treatment is intolerable. He’s has not and will not do any wrong in my eyes.

Am I doing this right?

ask those DLO people

Ahhh it’s still all DLOs fault. Kids been gone for two seasons now and is still to blame.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1489, 1490, 1491 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1490 of 1885
Jump to: