OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Ingram was cutting in the pre-season while playing the 2. His position change has little to do with why he's halted his off-ball movement.

I wonder why then?
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Coming into this season if you asked me who fits better with Lebron, it is clearly Kuzma, not BI. When BI was drafted he was thought of as a poor man's Durant, but that really isn't his game. BI is more comfortable driving than catch and shoot. This doesn't work as well with Lebron. To me this is too obvious BI is 6th man but plays starter minutes. This offsets Lebron so they can maximize their talents. Doesn't mean they don't close together.

If you look historically at Lebron's teams, Bosh had to adjust and be more of a perimeter guy. Wade had to adjust and that took time, which is probably very similar to BI. Though Wade being the superstar he was, wasn't coming off the bench. K Love shot more 3s but he was doing that even in Minny. Kuz is a natural in that same role that Bosh & Love played.

Moving BI to the bench is not benching him. If he plays 35 mpg, you would simply maximize his time with LBJ on the bench. Seems too obvious to me.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I don't think DLO has anything to do with the criticisms that BI and Lonzo get. I think much of the criticism is fair, particularly for BI who proclaimed himself All-Star caliber and simply hasn't delivered even as the clear cut #2 option we need.

He gets one more season to break out, then he pretty much is what he is.

This is his 3rd season. If he's not breaking out this year, he's not breaking out. We should've sold high on him after last season.

It's not uncommon for players to break out in their 4th season (i.e. Giannis). The list of players who break out after their 4th season is much smaller.

Giannis was a plus player on both ends of the court in his 3rd season. Granted, he wasn't an All-Star, but he was still very good. Ingram is deeply in the negative right now.

Last edited by Threatt_Level on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

So you want your best player to play out of position just to please Ingram?... Don't make sense. Lebron will not play PF all season long, he only does if there is no other options.

LeBron would be playing the 4 anyway if the Lakers got Durant or Kawhi which was their "master plan" so that argument doesn't hold.

If we got Durant or Kawhi, LeBron wouldn't be the # 1 guy anymore. Big difference.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
MJST wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

So you want your best player to play out of position just to please Ingram?... Don't make sense. Lebron will not play PF all season long, he only does if there is no other options.

LeBron would be playing the 4 anyway if the Lakers got Durant or Kawhi which was their "master plan" so that argument doesn't hold.

If we got Durant or Kawhi, LeBron wouldn't be the # 1 guy anymore. Big difference.

But I'm sure that poster would be more than happy to have Jules play the PF spot (and LBJ at the SF spot) if he stayed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Remember, it's not a matter of talent ceiling or skill, but fit for BI and the current Lakers squad. I think the concern was how BI fit with LBJ, and 25+ games in, it's still an awkward fit even when you have BI playing some "SF" and LBJ at "PF." We've seen LBJ play for 15+ years so the types of players that do well with him are also widely known.

For BI's sake, hope he continues working on fitting with how the team wants to attack offensively.

No doubt defensively, he's a positive for us.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

I think he should adapt to the Iggy role:
Play Hard defense
Initiate some offense
Take some shots with broken jumper
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember, it's not a matter of talent ceiling or skill, but fit for BI and the current Lakers squad. I think the concern was how BI fit with LBJ, and 25+ games in, it's still an awkward fit even when you have BI playing some "SF" and LBJ at "PF." We've seen LBJ play for 15+ years so the types of players that do well with him are also widely known.

For BI's sake, hope he continues working on fitting with how the team wants to attack offensively.

He's struggling fitting in with 1 superstar, what happens if we get that 2nd star?

He'll be downright useless on the offensive end playing the way he does.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Play Hard defense
Initiate some offense

Out of his prime Iggy role? Stop it. Brandon Ingram is 21 and better than Iggy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's struggling fitting in with 1 superstar, what happens if we get that 2nd star?

Yeah. It's about fit. If he thinks it's tough fitting in with LBJ, wait until another top wing FA joins (along with Kuz's growth).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

I hope BI embraces coming off bench. We have a good thing going and are winning so we don't wanna mess it up. The current starting lineup is lethal. Hopefully, he'll be a team player and think of what's best for the team.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PengShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. It's about fit. If he thinks it's tough fitting in with LBJ, wait until another top wing FA joins (along with Kuz's growth).

I'm less concerned with Kuz, his game is so polished for one so young that I think he'll adapt to playing with multiple stars. His game doesn't require him to pound the (bleep) out of the ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I hope BI embraces coming off bench. We have a good thing going and are winning so we don't wanna mess it up. The current starting lineup is lethal. Hopefully, he'll be a team player and think of what's best for the team.

For me, it's not about who starts but who:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Could BI flourish as a 6th man running the 2nd unit and also some staggered time with LBJ? We've never tried or dared to experiment so we don't know.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

BI should come off the bench and kill 2nd units out there.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Play Hard defense
Initiate some offense

boss like many millions in the world have opinion, this is my opinion.

dont agree with my view? move on. dont tell me to stop it.

Iggy was Finals MVP and was instrumental in shutting down the best player in the world.

yeah you can only hope, BI plays that kind of smart defense
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Could BI flourish as a 6th man running the 2nd unit and also some staggered time with LBJ? We've never tried or dared to experiment so we don't know.

Don't you think the starting unit matters though? They're the ones that set the tone for the rest of the game. If they come out the gates disjointed, it put more pressure on the other units to pick up the slack.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Don't you think the starting unit matters though? They're the ones that set the tone for the rest of the game. If they come out the gates disjointed, it put more pressure on the other units to pick up the slack.

But that's the problem. We seem to have that awkward chemistry between BI and LBJ. And no way are we benching LBJ.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

BI should go back and play liked the Duke BI. Play without the ball and get easy baskets which made him the No.2 pick. Stop the ISO stuffs or watch more KD tapes.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

But that's the problem. We seem to have that awkward chemistry between BI and LBJ. And no way are we benching LBJ.

Yeah. And we're not benching BI either, right? So, besides trading BI, the only other alternative is start BI and then effectively never play him with Lebron again maybe?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Yeah. And we're not benching BI either, right? So, besides trading BI, the only other alternative is start BI and then effectively never play him with Lebron again maybe?

That's tough when LBJ is playing 34mpg.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Yeah. So if you were coach, what would you do? Trade him as your #1 option? I wouldn't be opposed to it, if we get a good haul back.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

Yeah. So if you were coach, what would you do? Trade him as your #1 option? I wouldn't be opposed to it, if we get a good haul back.

I would consider trying out a 6th man role. (ducks incoming fire).

I'd still play him close to 30mpg. I think he would have a clearer role leading the 2nd unit and playing in some (but not mostly) blended minutes with LBJ.

Would give him 14mpg w/out LBJ, probably another 14-15mpg w/LBJ. It's worth experimenting for a few games when he comes back from injury.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram is gonna be great and fit just fine on this current Lakers roster. The Lakers are going to the finals.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

1. gets bulk of minutes
2. finishes games.

I think Luke needs to talk to BI about taking a simplified role on offense for the betterment of the team. We still need BI's defense on this team, but it's clear that Kuz needs to be the #2 option next to LeBron.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Play Hard defense
Initiate some offense

boss like many millions in the world have opinion, this is my opinion.

dont agree with my view? move on. dont tell me to stop it.

Iggy was Finals MVP and was instrumental in shutting down the best player in the world.

yeah you can only hope, BI plays that kind of smart defense

I did move on after I responded to you. That wasn't a smart comment saying Brandon Ingram, only 21 should play the same role as someone out of their prime. Bad comparison.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1492 of 1885
Jump to: